Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    gixxergixxer Member Posts: 4
    27500 OTD in VA. What do ya think? Did I do ok or do I need to negotiate lower. I felt like I was stretching to get him to this price.

Thanks
  • Options
    ulnv4everulnv4ever Member Posts: 1
    i got mine 2007 EX_L auto, 4 dr for 23,500 out the door. it comes out to 21,450 for the car it self before taxes and fees. i just shopped at 2 dealers one in sunnyvale, other in palo alto, ca. i asked for 23k OTD, Hopkins Honda eventually came down to 23500 OTD.
    has anyone got an Accord EX-L for 23K or under?
  • Options
    vinceyvincey Member Posts: 6
    I am in the market for a 07 accord and I can pull the trigger anytime in the year. Does anyone know when is the best time to buy knowing tne all-new 08 model is coming out this Aug/Sep? Usually how low can the price be? Invoice - 1000? -2000? -3000? Thanks!
  • Options
    cjamaalecjamaale Member Posts: 8
    I am in San Antonio, TX and in the market for a 07 Accord EX V6 6MT w/ navi in Graphite Pearl. I am figuring I should pay $29,600 OTD and this would include:

Sports Package (Rear Spolier, Day/Night Review Mirror w/ compass, & Foglamps/lights - $1,200)
    IPOD connector - $200
    window tint - $100

How I figured this price...

MSRP: $29,400
    Invoice: $26,480
    Invoice + Accessories ($1500) = $27,980
    $27980 - incentives ($750) = $27,230
    $27230 - dealer holdback 3% MSRP = ($882) = $26,348
    $26348 + dealer profit 2% of $26348 = ($527) = $26,875
    $26875 + destination charge ($595) = $27,470
    $27470 x TX tax (1.0625 = $1,717) = $29,187
    $29187 + Title & Registration ($412) = $29,599

Does this seem right? Should I be getting a better deal or is this deal too good to be true? How would I figure out a lease payment based on this price as well? How much down, etc...? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Christopher

Happy Valentines Day!
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I would recommend checking with Gunn Honda. I've found their prices to be very competitive.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Personally I'd skip the accessories and get a better price. The dealer makes a mighty profit from those things.
  • Options
    rocketman818rocketman818 Member Posts: 5
    Wondering what other people were able to get for a 07 Ex-L V-6 accord in mass. Looking to buy one and wondering what a good price would be. Or any price info regarding good dealers to deal with and bad ones to avoid. Thanks.
  • Options
    no additional accessories. In VA. What do ya think? Did I do ok or do I need to negotiate lower. I felt like I was stretching to get him to this price.

• Options
    cjamaalecjamaale Member Posts: 8
    Is this OTD?
  • Options
    26500 is the car price with destination included, OTD would be 27500 (which incl TTL).
  • Options
    farheenfarheen Member Posts: 3
    I thought I read an article from sunny77890 saying that he bought his SE for 18200 including destination charges... but now i am not able to find that article. can somebody help me in deciding what can he the best offer to be made. I went to mahwah dealer and he says $19000, DCH paramus says 19400.. I dont know what to do. which price to follow. and with the msg like 18200 it gets more frausting. Help!!
  • Options
    Hi I am really impress with the price that you got for your SE. I am looking for a SE too and would greatly appreciate if you tell me how much you offered in the beginning and how trong we have to be. how much should be our margin.. i am totally new to this world, any help is more than welcome.
  • Options
    Asshutosh, if you dont mind can you tell me the name of the sales person at Denville with whom myou dealt for this purchase. I am planning on buying SE and so far this is one of the best deal I read.

Also how much did you offer in the beginning and what was their price first. I am totally new to this world any help will be greatly appreciated
  • Options
    cajamexcajamex Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking to hear from someone who has recently bought a 07 Accord SE AT in Louisiana & for what price. Can anyone out there help me with a price on that with & without the $750 incentive. I'll be purchasing in March & not sure if another incentive will be going on @ that time.
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    We aren't allowed to post names of sales people here.
  • Options
    djpkdjpk Member Posts: 12
    Can you email me what dealer you got this quote from? I'm trying to buy the same model in Northern VA area. freephk@yahoo.com

Thanks.
  • Options
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Share with us all the dealer if you like, gixxer!

Names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information must be e-mailed in private.
  • Options
    saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    thnx graduate and tallman, i didnt know thats. apologies for my earlier posts
  • Options
    This quote was from Colonial Honda in chester, va - internet dept.
  • Options
    No problem!
  • Options
    mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    hey check like three-10 pages before, he broke the price very well. he bought it in joyce honda, and 18200 does not incl dest. but his otd was 20500 with a eather stearing wrap incl/instll. so u can do about the same.
  • Options
    dingjuncndingjuncn Member Posts: 9
    Got it today from Brighton Honda, MI

basic price: 18,848
    Doc fee: 99
    tax: 1,138
    plate transfer: 23

total: 20,129

We actually paid an extra $100 for getting the color we want (red). The dealer said they needed to pay $250 for someone to drive the car from another dealer and we kind of split the cost. I feel if I didn't need to pay that extra $100, it would be a good deal, but now it is kind of O.K.

Also, want to ask a question in terms of the extended warrenty. During our bargain, the dealer said since we paid an extra $100, if I want to buy the extended warrenty he could give me the price at which the dealer pays Honda. To get an extension to 8 years/100K miles (bump to bump), $0 deduction, it will be $1025. It also includes roadside survices (e.g. towing, car rental and hotel cost for up to 3 days). Looks like pretty attractive. Does any one who has the experience think it is worth buying this? Is this a really good deal or another money trap? Any suggestions are welcome. I need to decide before going to pick up the car. Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    What a wonderful place to learn.
    I have this partially figured out.

I'm looking @ Honda Accord 07 SE V6 in MN
    Invoice price = starting point

then add on the following
    Document fee
    Destination fee
    Tax+Title

Confused about the 750.00 cash to dealer (do i add this to the invoice?)
    I have also saw some posts where people were
    subtracting true dealer cost which they considered 3% of MSRP
    then they added in 2% dealer profit:

it was post 13949

can someone explain these variables to me and wether I add them on to the invoice?
  • Options
    IDK how well the variables game works. If you search thru my posts, I got a 4cyl for $1400 under invoice, plus 280 doc, 590 dest, and everything else. The SE's can seem to be acquired for $1000-$1300 under invoice (it depends on how much ur doc and dest fees are).

The best strategy would be to call multiple (MULTIPLE) dealers and get their internet/no-haggle price, and if they give you some BS like $300 under inv (since thats "under invoice"), speak to their managers or mention other prices paid. Write down who u spoke w/ at each, and the price. As you get more prices, get each dealer to beat the others' best price. make sure you know the doc fees, which vary, since a dealer might be $100 lower, but with a $200 higher doc fee.
  • Options
    he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    Thank you for the response Saleem. So when one gets an offer under invoice, they then need to add on document fee and destination charge etc. So their net cost excluding tax may be 500-700 under invoice?

How does the 750.00 Cash to dealer incentive factor into this? Would I deduct this from the invoice price and then start adding in document fees destination fees etc?

I'm in sales and feel I after I understand the #'s aspect I would be ready to fight!

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    mguiniossomguiniosso Member Posts: 9
    What do you think about determining if getting a VP for about 16500 + Tax + Title is good. The main question I have is below.

I know I can get lower b/c another buyer in the Boston area reported that he received quotes for about 16000 (I don't if that's with Destination).

QUESTION: If I do a used car private party pricing for a 2006 Accord VP and it comes to about 15300, then is it fair to think that I'll lose about 1200-1500 in my first year for my 2007, if I buy it for about 16500 or lower?

Thanks!!
  • Options
    the KBB values for almost new cars seemed very skewed when i looked at them... sometimes they gave higher numbers than invoice or msrp!!! so i'm not sure how'd you gauge it. maybe search actual car listings so you see how those are priced. i think (but am not sure) that new cars lose 10-25% of their value in their first year; accords would be on the low side of that range.
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Yes, you are going to lose money of you buy a new car and then try to resell it even the next day. No one is going to pay the same price for your used car that they can buy a new one for no matter what KBB lists as the private party or retail value. It is ridiculous when KBB has used values listed for 1 year old cars that are higher than the price of a brand new equivalent car after discounting.
    Just pay the lowest price you can and you have less potential depreciation.
  • Options
    right, i agree. the lower the better.

the average retail price for the VP 06 was listed as 15300 which is notably lower than the 2007 VP's invoice of 17500.

again, i don't think I'm looking for hard metrics here, just a sense of what I 'may' lose in buying the car for about 16.5K.

I don't need a fancy car right now (saving that purchase for a couple of years down the line).

thanks!
  • Options
    rookie11rookie11 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

I am looking at buying a 2007 Accord and found out there is a $750 manufacturer-to-dealer incentive going on right now.

I was wondering if there is a web site that tracks the history of these rebates/incentives over the last year or so. I am trying to see if the rebates get bigger or smaller over the model year. I also know a few friends who bought their accords over the last year and trying to understand the price they paid versus the prevailing rebates at that time.

Thanks,
    rookie11
  • Options
    Just a note of thanks to those who replied to my messages in the last month or so. I'll be back to the site for the next car purchase.

About to buy the Accord VP Auto for 16100 (including destination & the their protection/pro package) + TAX + TITLE.

Thanks!
  • Options
    What does their protection package include? $16,100 sounds pretty good, even without that!
  • Options
    I'd really like to know what's in their protection package. "Fabric Sealant" is a can of 3M Fabric Protectant, which you can get for $8. "Paint Sealant" is a hard wax. Meguiar's (Gold class liquid wax) is an EXCELLENT wax and its like $12 at walmart. Turtle wax, Zanos, something like that will give you a good wax, too. What else can possibly be in the package that's worth it? Get them to take that out and you've successfully pwned a dealer.
  • Options
    Yeah, but remember, that price of $16,100 INCLUDED the protection package, so they didn't do badly at all IMO.

At my dealership (Serra Honda in Birmingham, AL) the "protection package" consisted of mudguards, Xzylon paint treatment (it actually is amazing stuff when you see it in action), and Xzylon interior treatment. I think they ask $299 for it, but it was promptly bargained out of my dad's 2007 Civic, the last vehicle my family purchased. I don't think they offered such a package in Nov. 2005 when I got my 2006 Accord.
  • Options
    hmmm...is there a place where I can find 'invoice' prices for the protection package? If so, I can attempt to reduce the car price by that amount (as suggested above).
  • Options
    I doubt it, plus, you never told us what was included in the package! If it included accessories, you probably can get them at cost somewhere else, but if it is just wax and fabric protectant, I doubt you can find "invoice" prices.

$16,100 is a great price, and I'm not sure you'll be able to go a lot lower.
  • Options
    tomkc53tomkc53 Member Posts: 12
    Hi All,
    Went shopping this weekend and found out the dealer supposedly has a President's Weekend Sale going on. I have to make a decision today and pick up car by tomorrow. The choice is a 2007 Accord SE Sedan (4cyl) which the lowest they will go is $18,999 before taxes etc. or a Demo they have on the lot - 2007 Accord V6 EXL with 5,600 miles for $22,500. They are advertising a brand new V6 EXL for $23,997. Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    I believe that $750 was the best dealer incentive Honda offered on the sedan. I think it got up to $1000 on the coupe. Someone else here will have a better memory than me. ;)

I'm not sure if there is a site that records this info.
  • Options
    My advice is to figure out which car you want. There's a big difference between the 4 cyl SE and the loaded V6 EX-L. A great deal on something you don't really want or need is not a great deal, IMHO.

If you are feeling pressure because of the sale, chances are that you will get just as low a price through negotiating after the sale. Of course, if you need a car immediately, that's a different story.
  • Options
    tomkc53tomkc53 Member Posts: 12
    I'm sure the same deals will be there at the end of the month. I was just curious about the prices I was quoted and whether the difference between the two of $3500 is worth it to go for the V6 EX-L with 5,600 miles on it.
  • Options
    sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Go with the SE 4 and get a new car. Think you'll be happier in the long run, as you'll know who broke the car in and with the $ savings upfront plus the better mpg's, you'll be happier I'd think down the road. Now if you muct have a 6 and all the other creature comforts, then that's a different story altogether.
    Personally, i'd go with the SE 4 and have the joy of having a brand new car!

The Sandman :)
  • Options
    The prices are good, but they aren't so good that you won't find them later in the year. Instead, deals come summer-time will get better than these because of anticipation of the new 2008 Accord. If you aren't comfortable with a decision, or feel you need time to shop, wait things out. The deals will be there again soon, if not already found elsewhere.

That being said, I have a 4-cylinder Accord that I love (2006 EX Automatic), and would go with the SE 4-cylinder. $24k even is a good price on the EX-V6 assuming that the only additional add-ons would be tax, title, and license. I'm afraid that price might not included things like dealer fees, etc... however, so be careful.

Most of all, don't buy something you are uncomfortable with. If you wait, I'm confident you'll find a deal at least as good later on.
  • Options
    Yeah graduate i'm not really familiar with whats a good price on VPs (just SE's lol) so I dont really know.

And I *think* I saw "dealer invoice" prices for options on edmunds or some site like that... dunno where it is though, sorry. i think you can "build" your car, with options. maybe through there, IDK.
  • Options
    rookie11rookie11 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking into buying a 4-cyl AT LX and got a few quotes in the SF Bay Area that are pretty much same as invoice price. Considering that these include dest charge of approx $600 (and the prevailing $750 dealer incentive), the quote is less attractive than some of the deals people have been reporting on this forum.

1. Can anyone who bought/shopped for LX model in the bay area recently please share their quotes?
    2. Most of the recent good deals I see in this forum are for SE and EX models (greater than $1000 under invoice). Is the LX a good-selling car compared to SE/EX that the deals are usually not very great on the LX?

Thanks much,
    rookie11
  • Options
    mayurjshahmayurjshah Member Posts: 37
    I just bought the VP Auto for 16K + TTL. Included in this price is: the molding for rims & door edges (protection package - for preventing dings from other's car doors), mud flaps on all wheels, and cargo net. This was with 3.9% financing.

I'd like hear thoughts on getting the Security installed by them for $411 (a shock sensitive system) or an after-market system that will be about the same but will include remote start, shock sensitivity, paging, and few other things. Is it better to have the Manu. do the security system??
  • Options
    user2007user2007 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 07 Ex-L V-6 accord with Navi(low 26K)this weekend from Rockingham Honda, NH. Believe it or not, I am actually comfortable with their sales staff! If you are in the market for a Honda, do check out Rockingham before you buy.
  • Options
    mgchrismgchris Member Posts: 3
    Purchased on Saturday, February 17 from Goodson Honda, Hwy 45, 1960 exit, in Houston, TX

Accord SE 4cyl - Red, 5 miles on odometer
    Included extras: floormats, trunk liner, door edge guards, stainless tail pipe trim, sealant & protection package.

$18,789 + TTL
    6.19% financing

I used email to go back & forth between all 5 Houston area Honda dealers. When I got my lowest price from Sterling McCall, I took it to Goodson and they gave me an extra $100 off. Goodson started at $20,000 (invoice), dropped to $19,446 a few days later, then told me they would beat any deal by $100.

I started my search at Goodson when I took my '03 Pilot in for an oil change. The dealership has super nice waiting rooms for service. The people are nice.

I wish I had held out another week. I might have saved another $100 or more. What's the record low price on an SE reported on this Edmund's forum?
  • Options
    rikuriku Member Posts: 10
    Try contacting Roy Watkins of San Leandro Honda. I got a quote for 16,388 for an Auto VP, and he might be able to get a decent price on a LX.
  • Options
    youngwebyoungweb Member Posts: 2
    I'm considering leasing an Accord EX-L-V6 using the nationally advertised $269/mo, 36 mos, 12K per year, $2,199 at signing deal available through 2/28. My current car lease is not up until 3/27.

Should I be able to negotiate a better lease deal on this car? If so, how much better?

What are the odds that this lease deal will still be available in March? If not likely, I'm willing to start the lease one month early.

The dealership in White Plains, NY quoted an additional "bank fee" of $599 over and above the $2,199. Is this correct?

Thanks
  • Options
    vf154vf154 Member Posts: 12
    I bought my '07 Accord LX 4cyl 4door AT for $18000 + TTL at Sunnyvale CA, Larry Hopkins Honda and used the Fleet Sales Manager (Thomas)there with no haggling. ...Wayne