Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chud2001chud2001 Member Posts: 36
    Hi youngweb,

Q:Should I be able to negotiate a better lease deal on this car? If so, how much better?
    Yes, most definitely. I've seen people say as low as 269/mo with no money down. Check out the Accord Lease Forum.

Q:What are the odds that this lease deal will still be available in March?
    Probably available for awhile even if they pull the ads. But I wouldn't wait if I get a good offer.

Q:The dealership in White Plains, NY quoted an additional "bank fee" of $599 over and above the $2,199. Is this correct?
    No, not correct. It sounds like your dealer is padding the price. If you check the fine print of ad, it will read 2199=595(back fee)+269(1st month)+1335(cap cost reduction).

Tell your dealer he is off by a lot and you might consider paying $269/mo sign and drive.

Let me know how you make out.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Wow... two posts in as many days with a salesperson's name.
  • he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    So you got this vechile 18,789 including destination and doc feee & any other dealer fee's for 18,789? According to my calculations I see 20,088 as invoice inculding dest fee. With the 750.00 incentive the true invoice would be around 19,338.00 So you got it for 550.00 under that?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter aims to talk with a Honda devotee who currently owns a Honda and previously owned a Honda. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than February 28, 2007 with your daytime contact information.
  • aruniyeraruniyer Member Posts: 3
    Hey Mayur,
    I am planning to buy a 2007 Honda Accord VP. Could you pls let me know from which dealeship you purchased.
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Member Posts: 37
    The dealer was in SF Honda. I ended up buying through another dealer for just a little more, in the end, b/c I was able to get a few additional things included. But, for a basic VP, the lowest I got them to was 16K + TTL.
    If you're in the Bay Area, shoot me an email at ibcd@hotmail.com. (this is my Spam email address but, I'll look out for you email)

m
  • hitman80hitman80 Member Posts: 17
    Hi,
    I got the internet quote of $21200 (excluding tax,dmv and other dealer fees) for Honda Accord Coupe EX L model, thats 1500 less than the invoice price mentioned in Edumunds. Can someone please let me know if it is a good deal. Can I still negotiate from the internet deal?

Appreciate ur help.

:)
    I sent you a mail with my contact info now.
  • bryan200kbryan200k Member Posts: 64
    In our 1-and-a-half year search for a new midsize sedan, we narrowed down the list last Saturday to the Camry and Accord. This past week, I went back-n-forth between a number of dealerships getting price quotes on the 07 Camry LE I4 and the 07 Accord SE I4. Each car has it's pluses over the other. (Note: I feel both cars have wonderfull merits!). For us, what it boiled down to was a combination of what features were most important to us... and the cost. And how we were treated in the deal.

We liked the seats better on the Accord - they support my back a little better. My son liked the tighter feel to the road of the Accord - that baby sure did hug the tight turns on the back roads during the test drive. I liked the softer ride of the Camry - What can I say... I'm a late-40-something old fart that likes my comfort and luxury. I got a $1,500 better deal on the Accord. Like I mentioned, this will eventually be my son's car, so I gave more precedent to his likes. Dear ol'e Dad (and Mom) will drive this the rest of this year (2007) and when son gets his junior license in December... it is his!

I was going to pick up our new 2007 Accord SE I4 on Monday morning, but we have a major snow and ice storm coming in for Sunday (tomorrow) and Monday morning. The Salesman called this morning and asked if I could pick up the car today.

My first Honda is sitting in my garage right now! Woo Hoo!

Was going to wait until about September to get a "leftover" 2007, but found an Accord in the color and options that we liked. Wasn't going to risk waiting and not get what we wanted. I didn't really care about waiting for the resigned 2008.

My new baby is a Graphite Pearl 2007 Honda Accord SE, 4-cyl, with wheel locks, pinstripe, all season mats, splash guards, and the upgrade of the review mirror to the automatic day-night version. List price was $22,823. Quoted price was $19,696. With TTL it was $21,025.69. Even got approved with Honda Financing for 4.9% interest for 60 months.
  • wagnerpewagnerpe Member Posts: 21
    Just wanted to post my transaction today -

Purchased an Accord VP Auto Transmission from Honda on Grand for a base price of $16,475. Their doc fee was $58.48. I'll be picking my car up Wednesday!
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    $16500 plus tax and license sounds too low for an Accord VP automatic unless they are making more profit somewhere else (like an undervalued trade-in, marked-up financing, dealer add-ons and accessories etc.) or they "forgot" to add the cost of destination charge and automatic transmission to their "base price" quote.

That seems cheaper than even a discounted Civic LX automatic if everything is included in that price.
  • sofakingcool1sofakingcool1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all! I am a long time browser of these boards and I need your help.

I've been waiting for the 2008 Accord to come out before purchasing my next car. I have a 99 Civic Si right now but am moving to L.A. and I don't want to deal with that traffic with a 5-speed. (Not to mention I've been having some suspension issues with my car)

There is a 2006 EX-L Coupe with 14k miles being sold at a local dealership for 19,995. Does this seem like a good deal? Do you think I can do better than this considering that many of the 07's are going for under invoice. This is not a Honda dealership so it's not certified but I'm sure I can get an extended warranty.

I need your help! What should I do in this situaton?
  • cajamexcajamex Member Posts: 5
    That's the exact car I'll be looking to purchase sometime next month. Did you do a lot of bargaining to get that price? That's also a good financing rate with Honda. Did you a really good credit score? Mine is listed as Fair (703), so I don't think I could get that rate. I'll probably go with my credit union at 6%. Any advice would be appreciated. My shopping will begin this week.
    I got the internet quote of $21200 (excluding tax,dmv and other dealer fees) for Honda Accord Coupe EX L model, thats 1500 less than the invoice price mentioned in Edumunds. Can someone please let me know if it is a good deal. Can I still negotiate from the internet deal?
    :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:

Appreciate ur help.
  • wagnerpewagnerpe Member Posts: 21
    It was extremely low. The dealership is under new ownership and I think they are probably trying to just sell, sell, sell so they can get the word out.
  • bryan200kbryan200k Member Posts: 64
    The first quote I got from the $19,696 from the local dealer (Antrim Way Honda). I had actually INITIALLY contacted their Internet Manager via their online Quote form, and then opened a dialogue, and eventually stopped in.

My wife's one nephew who bought a 2006 Accord last year, told me to check out a dealer about 40 minutes away - Hagerstown Honda. I contacted them via the internet. They actually beat the first dealer by $345, but in a momment I'll tell you why I didn't go with them.

I contacted two other dealers about an hour away via their internet department. Bobby Rahal Honda and Hanover Honda. Both of those gave quotes that were at least $1,500 more than Antrim Way.

Back to why I decided on Antrim Way Honda. Their General Sales Manager goes to our church. He and the Internet Manager actually came back to me and made a pitch to me that they would upgrade (for free) my rearview mirror to the auto-day-night one that I wanted to add to the car. Also, Antrim Way offered me a complimentary loaner car any time that I bring my car in for service. I was also told by some friends that they have a good service department.

Regarding the interest rate, my credit union was offering me 6.84%. The salesman originally offered me 6.9%, but the internet manager later told me that he could get me 4.9% (thru Honda) if my credit rating was good. Apparantly it was good enough.

By talking to a few others, I was told that if you make your initial contact with a dealer via the internet, and then schedule an appointment to stop in, in person, that you can usually get a better deal in the end. My salesman told me that he was giving me the "internet price".
  • ldislerldisler Member Posts: 83
    Just committed to a VP atomatic accord for 16700 plus $76 to add 2 speakers in the rear. Price also included splash guards, tray in the trunk and wheel locks ( don't know why the insist on putting these on a car with hubcaps). I know some have done better, but fell this is not to bad. This is Willis Honda in Burlington NJ.
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Member Posts: 37
    not bad. What about destination charges/documentation fees?
    This includes destination. $125 doc fee. $234 4 year state registration Plus 7% sales tax.
  • snoopy9snoopy9 Member Posts: 2
    I was given a price of 20152.49 for 2007 Honda accord Lx including all fees. This is out of the door price. Live in Jacksonville, fl (7% taxes). Thank you for your reply.
  • saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    Seems high but can you give the breakdown?
    Car
    Destination
    Tax on Car+Dest
    Doc Fee
    Tire tax lol
    etc

then it'll be easier to help
  • snoopy9snoopy9 Member Posts: 2
    Car 18,417
    Destination 498
    Tax on Car+ Dest 1065.29
    Doc Fee 56.70
    Tire & battery 6.50
    Tag 102

Thanks
    Way too high for an LX (4 cyl I assume)

You can get SE's (just car no dest) for $18300 to $18900 where I am (NJ). I got it 18200 w/ $280 doc fee. (and the destination here is 595 at all dealers). $18,400 for an LX is too much.
    Saleem what was your price INCLUDING DEST FEE & DOC FEE. You keep referencing your price but its always unclear wether you included these items when you reference 18,200 Was it 18,200 +280.00 + 595.00 = 19,075 Everybody else seems to include these itemswhen discussing a purchase price
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    You paid too much... you should get it OTD 17980 OTD..... next time hold out for a better price.
  • bobafettbobafett Member Posts: 9
    Since I read this board before buying,here is my two cents. Get several hundred below the Edmunds invoice. My situation was strange: A relative of mine also wanted an Accord EX-L (sedan), so we went in together to try and get a better deal.
    Car $21800 includes document fee.
    Taxes(3%) and Tags($50) were extra. $22550 OTD.
    Don't look at the OTD that you see here. It varies according to fees and taxes. Get a price that includes the cost of the car + dealer fee + desination charge.
    21200 is a very good price, but if you add $595 destination and $289 dealer processing you have to be comfortable with that final price. If the final price is 22100, your're still doing alright, compare that with the Edmunds invoice price and You are probably doing pretty well.
    DON'T get confused by the prices that include sales tax on this forum. Look at the price before tax, but including all other costs.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    A reminder to posters: please include in your remarks if your offer/purchase is an I4 or V6. Thanks in advance.
    he8833 i think it's very unfair you think that. i've tried to reference my full price as much as possible to help other ppl interested in accords, especially SE buyers.

in this post (saleem, "Honda Accord: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #13966, 10 Feb 2007 11:55 am) i reference the car, destination, doc and EVERY other fee down to the TIRE TAX.

in this post ( saleem, "Honda Accord: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #14019, 17 Feb 2007 5:47 pm )i reference the price, how much below invoice i got, the destination, and the doc fee.

in this post (saleem, "Honda Accord: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #13944, 8 Feb 2007 6:02 pm) i reference all three values AGAIn and give advice on pricing and incentives.

and in this post (saleem, "Honda Accord: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #13899, 4 Feb 2007 5:21 pm) i break it down again with the car, destination, and doc fee

And that only lists my posts in February, when I actually bought the car in early January. So I think I've broken it down plenty. if you don't want to search the thread, that's another story.

I was mistaken in this last post of mine cuz I bought my car over a month ago and have been constantly discussing doc fees with people. to be absolutely clear.

2007 Honda Accord SE Auto 4-cyl
    $18200 CAR
    $595 DEST
    $180 DOC FEE
    TAX, DMV CHARGES, TIRE TAX AND ALL ELSE EXTRA.

I hope it's clear now. I'm honestly just trying to help. You should search my recent posts before you say I've never been clear, since they date to as recent as a week ago.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    Hi Folks.. just cruising thru here as I'm usually on the Sonata site.

Purchased '07 Hyundai Sonata SE for our company four days ago in NJ (we're in CT) for $18,189 OTD. This included all dealer fees and 6% (CT) sales tax of $1149. Price of car before tax and including dealer all fees (doc,etc) and registration & title was $17,040. MSRP $22080 before delaer fees & TTL.

Suggest anyone looking to buy, take a look at the Hyundai. It's not what it was 10 years ago. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. But, IMO, it compares very favorably with the Accord. Look at the standard features included in this mid-trim level Sonata, including the 234 HP 6 cyl engine.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I would say this belongs on the midsize comparo forum, but it got shut down for reasons I didn't get a chance to find out about (lots of posts deleted though).

Is there a Sonata vs. Accord forum anywhere bhmr59, where you could expound on this?

:)

TheGrad
  • norm1971norm1971 Member Posts: 4
    Folks I just purchase 2001 Accord VP Manual Trans for 16480+Tax+Tags. I purchase a set of rear speakers from the dealer 91$ installed.
    Saleem,
    I got a quote for EX-L 4 cylinder 21000 today. It doesn't include destination, dealer and lender fee, tax, dmv.

But looks like you didn'y pay dealer and lender fee. Did you get it waived?

Can you please list what are the additional charges with the invoice price. I want to be absolutely clear before I go to dealership about this.

Appreciate your help!
  • solid1solid1 Member Posts: 11
    I got my first quote today from a dealer in northern NJ:
    2007 Accord EX L
    $22,250 (I4)
    $24,000 (v6)
    The salesman said this includes destination and all fees excluding tax and tags. I might be able to do a little better, but for a first quote, I think this is pretty good.
    We will see if the dealer incentive remains the same tomorrow.
    This site has been very helpful.
    Saleem,

I wasnt calling you out. I admit that I didnt go through all your past posts. My point was when you mention what you got the car for, most people include the dest doc fee and any other feels. Thats where the confusion was coming in. I appreciate your help and willingness to disclose... For comparsion purposes I was offered 19,446 SE I4 out of Chicago. (including dest doc and all dealer fees) I have been looking in WIS MN and CHI I will report back what I find
    I am getting a price of 18558$ + taxes (Includes Dest. Charges + Fees) which is the lowest price I have found so far for a 2007 Honda Accord LX - AT. Kindly let me know what you feel abt the price. Should I pick it up or keep shopping/ :)
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I agree that Huyndai has come a long way.

When looking at car prices it is important to look at Total Costs of Ownership.

Down the road, the dismal resale value on a Hyundai will kill any "savings" from the initial sale.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    ..no more mention of Hyundai here... unless you really, really can't spell.. :)

thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Come on, we want you to have a good Hon-day... I mean evening. :)
    They both start with an "H"! :)

Besides,"they" even mangaged to nearly copy the "H" in the trunk lid, just twisted it a little.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Yes, and if anyone is brave enough to take on the Honda lovers in here, they certainly must have a thick skin. :D Probably not really the place to bash Honda, huh??? ;)
    Hi hitman,

I think "Dealer fee" is the same thing as "doc fee"? Mine was $180 for that. IDK what a lender fee is; is that from the financing office? I didn't get Honda financing I had my own credit union.
    As far as i remember my charges were car, destination, tax on the first two, doc fee, tire tax, dmv charges (title, plates, etc). im in NJ and we have to pay 4 year registration, too. i didnt ask for any fees waived; i actually got the car price over the phone after a couple calls, came in, tried to get them to reduce the doc fee (they wouldnt lol) and then said ok and bought the car. destination was $595, doc fee was $180, car *only* (no fees) was 18,200. It's fully broken down in this post: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef006d2/13965
    I didn't include the later DMV Fees.. I got billed for $254... a lot of which was for 4 yr registration in NJ as i remember

Edmunds says the invoice on ur vehicle (not incl dest or anything) is $22,571. Getting $21,000 seems to be a great deal, if dealer and lender fees arent like $700 or more? I think? Not quite sure anymore. Do you know the full breakdown of your fees?
    ok he8833. I guess $19446 would be about $18850 before destination (or about), and maybe $18500-$18700 before dealer/doc fee? Seems pretty good actually, but by getting each dealer to beat the other (on the phone, no need to make trh trips), i was able to get a slightly lower price. But the market may be different in your area
    It looks like the Manufacturer to dealer money ended. This is the first time I bought and then incentive went down.
    Bought VP auto for $16700 plus $76 for rear speakers. Dealer through in mud flaps, trunk liner and wheels locks for free. plus tax tags and $125 dock fee. Willis Honda in Burlington NJ.
    So far I love the car.
    Wheel locks on a VP ??

Why???
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    <<Wheel locks on a VP ??

Why???>>

He bought the car in NJ.... :D
  • zevizevi Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

I got quoted from a NY dealer for a 07 SE-v6 for $265/month includes NYC tax of 8.375%, 24 months, $0 down, $595 bank fee plus tax/reg/etc. $1500 damage waiver,
    Am i getting a good deal.
    Also available in Cool Blue, supposedly harder to get than most other colors.
    The dealer puts whell locks,mudflaps and trunk liner on every car and charges $395 for them. I told them it was stupid to put wheel locks on a VP and I'm not paying for them.
    They gave me all 3 for free.
    This is just a way for the dealer to up the price.
    hahaha so true... who's gonna steal your steel rims. well done. I'm thinkin about buying the mud flaps before next winter (NJ). They don't really do much during the other 3 seasons, do they
    We install splash guards and wheel locks on the SE's and EX's. The VP people usually don't want to pay for anything else.

The splash guards and trunk liners are a good thing to have but I'm still shaking my head over wheel locks on a VP!
    I would have gotten the mud flaps anyway. Look on ebay for the mudflaps, they look easy to install. Hole and screws are already there.
    They seem to help keep the rocker panels much cleaner.