Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• graychen2001graychen2001 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a Honda Accord EX (4 cylinders, Sunroof Visor, Mud Guards, Pin Stripe and Wheel locks). I would not have got the deal without the information provided here. So I'd like to share mine here.

2007 Honda Accord EX (4 cylinders, Sunroof Visor, Mud Guards, Pin Stripe and Wheel locks)
    Price: 20883.50
    Documentation preparation fee: 349.00
    Sales Tax: 1634.83
    Registration fee: 5.50
    License fee: 116.50
    Total Out of Door: 22989.33

I guess this is a decent deal. Unfortunately, we have a very high sales tax rate here.

Many thanks to you guys!
  • gudigudi Member Posts: 7
    I purchased Honda Accord EX with leather 4 cylinder Auto at Steevens creek honda,SanJosex,CA(Tax - 8.25%) for OTD - 23,500. Delaer has thrown wheel locks for free.

Thanks to forum which helped me a lot in negotiating the price.
  • billkrzbillkrz Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the answer to my question: Is the $750.00 cash back and the 4.9% an either/or situation or can you receive both.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    dalin,

A VP should go out the door for less than $17,000. You should be able to get an Accord LX for well under $19,000.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Is the $750.00 cash back and the 4.9% an either/or situation or can you receive both.

Someone around here posted that you could choose one but not both.
  • gbegbe Member Posts: 3
    Anyone bought the 2007 accord VP in Dayton Ohio area? Please let me know how much did you buy and what dealer gave you a good deal. I contacted several dealers and got the lowest price for 18700.00 OTD. Is this the best price?thanks
  • saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    Under $17,000? I thought $16,200 was a good price, ppl have said-- and thats before TTL, doc, etc... how is 17K possible
  • sixers610sixers610 Member Posts: 7
    I am receiving an offer of $24,200 before TTL for a EX-L V6. Good deal? No? It's in the Boston area. Doc fee is $184.
  • jbl8jbl8 Member Posts: 40
    That's the price I got, and have appeared several times here related to Edmunds.com. $20500 include destination. Someone said that you can go as low as $19500. I believe that you can get it for $20000. :confuse:
    Sorry about the rule. Next time we shall do private e-mails regarding sales person etc. :blush:
  • stevehechtstevehecht Member Posts: 96
    No reason not to get the SE V6 for $20.5K including destination. I got mine last November for $20.7K + dealer prep fee + ttl, $22.3K OTD. Not sure if there were dealer incentives going on then.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    stevehecht - What was the dealer prep fee? It will help to know the true price that was paid.

A lot of these prices people are posting are exaggerated if the "prep fee" or "document fee" is not included. This is a dealer fee and is just additional money for the dealer (unlike tt&l which go to the government), and needs to be included in the cost so we can compare apples to apples.

Person A can say I got an Accord for $20,000 + doc fee and taxes + tags, while person B can say they paid $19,500 plus same. The problem is the "doc fee" is not consistant between dealers. Person B may have had a $600 fee and person A may have had a $50 fee, so person A actually got the better deal.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    Great point. Please give full breakdown, as in post #14198.
    It would appear, generally, if you take 2K off the OTD price you're pretty close to actual car price.
  • passatownerpassatowner Member Posts: 16
    I am in the market for a 2007 Accord, and I haven't seen too many quotes on here for an LX-V6. Is $22,156 (including destination charge) a good price? I live in the Atlanta area.

This was only the first quote I've gotten. I plan to look into Costco's deals.
    Forgot to add...

What type of doc fee should I expect in Atlanta, GA? I read more than a few posts that said doc fees vary by state, so if anyone knows what is reasonable for GA, please let me know what I should expect.
  • stevewavestevewave Member Posts: 7
    Sounds good to me. I picked mine up in Lincoln, NE for $24,300 before taxes. In Nebraska we don't pay taxes to the dealership. I've looked around on this board and anything around $24,000 is a good deal...
    Not many quotes on LX and EX. Because economically, SE is a better choice for $20K. I don't like the moonroof on Accord, it eats too much of head room.
  • m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    2.3" of headroom is lost.
    I'm only 5'4 1/2, so headroom would only affect me at resale. So for me the moonroof is worth it.

But it looks like a lot of people agree with you, since the LX V-6 isn't as popular as the other trim levels.
  • redsfan1redsfan1 Member Posts: 58
    I am finally going to get my new accord, v6, se version tomorrow. Do you think this is a good price below? Any tips on if you think I can negotiate more. I was thinking maybe seeing if I could get 500 off the vehicle price? What do you think.

Thanks!

Here is what I was quoted below from the internet department of a Honda dealership in Ohio.--
    Our Out the Door Price (OTD) with all taxes and fees is below.

Vehicle Price = $20,628
    Lien, Title, Reg., Doc. Fees = $275.50
    6.5% Sales Tax = $1,357.07
    OTD Price = "$22,260.57
    Since the vehicle price obviously includes destination, you may be pretty close. Was this their first offer? Have you counter-offered? If you haven't, I'd guess you may get some more knocked off. One poster recently quoted an OTD of well under 22K (SE V6), but we're still awaiting his breakdown.

Also remember OTD prices are going to vary state to state depending on differing fees & tax rates.
    Sorry, I said OTD, but I certainly didn't mean it!

Before TTL, a V6 starts at about $20,500, an LX at about $18,000 (approx) and a VP at $16,000-$16,300 based on what I've read.
    BTW the V6 grad just said I believe is the SE V6. And these prices are before destination and doc, as well.

To add to the list, I'd say 4cyl SE, an excellent price would be $18,300 to $18,600. Good $18,600 to $18,900

Grad, are LX's really going for $18K before anything? I didnt think so
  • brig2221brig2221 Member Posts: 5
    This message board really helped the wife and I as we were in a jam and needed to purchase ASAP. I found out a little over a week ago on a Thursday that the transmission in my 2000 Ford Explorer was going out and would require about $2500-$3000 to repair it.

To my utter surprise and shock upon finding this out, my wife blurts out, just get a new car. OK!!! I was in luck that my car was sitting at a repair shop not but 1-2 miles from the nearest Honda Dealership.

I knew I wanted an Accord right off the bat, but wasn't sure what. I am not a person who likes to spend on extra's, but I also didn't want hubcaps and no extra's. It turned out that the SE was a perfect fit for me as it gave me all the extra's I wanted at what I felt was a reasonable price, and nothing that I didn't want. I went with the 4 cylinder SE Accord, Nighthawk Black Pearl exterior with Ivory Interior.

Thanks to this board and some diligent online research, we were able to get the car for $19000. This price included the transportation and document fees. We also go them to throw in tinted windows and the whole interior and exterior conditioning at no additional charge. We also qualified for the Honda Financial 2.9% financing.

In summary, I paid $19,000.00 for the car which included the transportation and documents fees with Window tinting and interior/exterior conditioning thrown in. Taxes are 6.25% here so our OTD price was around $20,250.00.

We might not have got the absolute lowest deal ever, but we certainly feel we got a very good deal. Many thanks to the posters here who helped out!!!

For what it's worth, we got our car at David McDavid Honda in Irving Texas.
  • lerigotlerigot Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,
    Sorry for not posting the details earlier. I am out of town and all the paperwork is at the house. Since I saw people waiting for the breakdown, I figured I'd go ahead with the email quote that I had got from the dealership.

07 Honda Accord SE-V6
    Selling Price $19,714.43
    Tax 1,729.83
    License fee 182.00
    Doc fee 45.00
    County fee 10.00
    State fee 8.75

This price was further reduced to an OTD of 21,535 when I haggled a little more at the dealership, plus I had the freebie(wheel locks) thrown in. Again, you can take the difference ($165) out from the taxes + SP. I live in CA(Bay Area) so taxes are 8.25% I think. No trade in and paid cash. In case somebody needs further clarification or the actual price breakdown, you can mail me and once I get back home(can't wait to drive the car) I will send you the exact numbers.
    Thanks!
    Real good price!!! I wish you posted that early. No wonder one of the member said $20K. Congratulation! :cry:
    Thanks for getting back to us. That is truly an incredible deal.
    If an SE can go for $18 and change (say, $18,600), certainly an LX can go for $18k or less (considering their $700 price difference).

And yes, I was referring to an SE-V6 before.

People are getting the SE-V6 for around $21k-$22k OTD - a steal on a V6 Accord!
    Wow! $19,700, seemingly including destination?! That is an excellent price, my friend. Congratulations on your new car

-saleem
  • finalwishfinalwish Member Posts: 5
    Hi lerigot,
    Can you tell me which dealer you got this from? I'm looking for the same thing.

Thanks.
  • lerigotlerigot Member Posts: 3
    I got the car from San Leandro Honda, San Leandro. Glad I could be of help.
  • chetanrchetanr Member Posts: 6
    Hey all : I have requested for quotes from all the Dealers here and a couple in Maryland and the lowest price I have
    for a Honda 4 Cylinder LX with no options is

$17,500.00 plus fees.
    $595, processing fee of $100,
    taxes 3% (VA),
    and tags $78.50 (VA).

About 18900 in all

Appreciate if people can let me know what prices they bought their Accords at?

Also if anyone is in the market for an Accord in N Virginia we can haggle harder with the dealers

Thanks in Advance

Chetan
    Looks like that price comes out to about $18,200. What dealer is this at?

I am having a heck of a time getting much under $19k for an SE with the stick shift (should be $100 less than an LX automatic). I am about ready to take a road trip for a better deal.

The Mazda 6VE with more features (traction control, temp gauge, power seats w/ lumbar, leather wheel/shifter) is looking mighty tempting at $16,300 ($4,000 off sticker).

I prefer the Honda, but....
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    plus fees.
    $595, processing fee of $100

A processing fee, aka doc fee, of $100 is in the ballpark....though in some states it's capped at $50 BUT fees of $595 (whatever they are suppoosed to be for) is totally outragious.
    I figured the $595 was shipping.
  • chetanrchetanr Member Posts: 6
    This is at Hersons Honda at MD
  • bigdadieeeeeeebigdadieeeeeee Member Posts: 2
    I have seen some incredible prices on the honda vp automatic on this site. I wish I could of done as good but this is what I got. 16200 plus dest, plus tax, reg, and 50 doc fee. Out the door at 18200. Tax rate is 7.375 what do you guys think?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Probably OK, since many people spend more on Civic LXs that don't have that much more standard features over an Accord VP.
    You would have to drive alot of miles to get the extra money back from gas savings driving a Civic especially when sometimes Civics actually have higher insurance premiums than an Accord.
    doc fees from $50 to $200 are reasonable, i've seen $300 too in NJ.

$595 is the standard destination fee and 'cannot' be waived.
  • gmenongmenon Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have experience with Honda dealers in the Cleveland/Akron areas? Anyone you'd recommend?

Thanks,
    Greg
  • rocketman818rocketman818 Member Posts: 5
    Looking for some help on what people are getting for prices on a 07 accord Ex-L V6. Any help would be great.
  • cajamexcajamex Member Posts: 5
    I got my SE Accord (4cyl) last week for $19990. That price included a spoiler, wheel locks, mud guard and pin stripe. I thought that was a good deal down here in Louisiana. I could have gotten a cheaper price of $19499 300 miles away, but their price didn't include any of the extra accessories that I wanted.
  • platterplatter Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am looking for what people paid for an accord se v6 in the toronto / mississauga area.
    Can someone also recommend a good dealer to buy from?
    I've recently started looking for an accord and the 2 dealers i went to refused to budge from their list price of 30,500 cdn. Thanks a lot.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    One of my local dealers here in Dayton, OH is having a BIG sale this Saturday offering 3k off MSRP on most Accords. I am looking at the SE versions for their value slant. The 4 is 19.2 (MSRP 22.2) while the 6 is 20.9 (23.9 sticker) before TT&L. Is the 6 worth the extra dough?
    Keep checking. You can do better than 3K off sticker. Suggest you use search feature and see for yourself.
  • servlet_usservlet_us Member Posts: 1
    Just bought one 07 SE-V6 in New Jersey. I think it is the best price so far in this forum.

Price(including Destination): $19500
    Doc Fee: $289
    Other fees are the same in New Jersey.

Please email me if you would like to know the dealer and saleperson's name.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    Was MSRP of your car 23945? If so, that is well below invoice. Good deal! Enjoy your ride...
  • fenwahfenwah Member Posts: 58
    Pegasus...I received an internet quote from Hidy Honda back on 1/22/2007. It was an out the door price on an 07 Accord EX-L 4cyl. They were asking $24,323.48 after taxes (6.5%), title, etc. I was estimating it to be right around $3k off sticker + all the taxes, title, etc then. I pretty much told them that was still too high and came back around $750 lower than the $24,323.48. I never heard a response back from them. Honestly, I would wait a few more months (if you can).
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Dont worry about "fees" just concentrate on the OTD price.
    don't deal in $XX below sticker, at this point just deal in $XX below INVOICE. $19,200 for an SE-4 (assuming that doesnt include dest), is a bad price.