Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jgf3jgf3 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 07 SE auto 4-cyl Saturday in the Atlanta area.

My drive away price was $20,000 even. Not exactly sure how that breaks down, but I pay 7% sales tax and you can probably backtrack from that. This price was $600 better than my second best quote.

That said, I really didn't get a great deal on my trade-in and I didn't get the 4.9% financing Honda's offering because (apparently) I got too good a price on the car. Still, if you're not dealing with a trade-in, $20,000 drive out seems pretty good.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    $20,000 for an EXL automatic, isn't that about $2,000 under invoice ($2,750 if you include the dealer incentive)?
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    I'm not a fan of Hidy Honda either. I asked the internet mgr for a quote and got one via e-mail. I wrote back: "Thank You for your time. Unfortunately, your quote is not competitive. i will shop elsewhere." Within a day I got back an e-mail saying they would try to beat my best deal - typical car dealer BS.
  • accord92accord92 Member Posts: 2
    As a newbie, I find this forum enlightening and informative, both to the care and feeding of my old Accord, and as a source of helpful tips shopping for a new one. Here in Westchester (Tuckahoe, specifically, about 20 miles North of NYC), it's Honda country, and dealers (there are plenty) can be stubborn when it comes to negotiating. I'm shopping (cash purchase) for a 4-cylinder SE with automatic, and the best offer to date is $19,500, which includes destination, but excludes tax (8 3/8%), title, tags, document fee. Is the quote reasonable? Thanks.
  • saga66saga66 Member Posts: 2
    I leased 07 SE auto 4-cyl on Saturday in princeton, NJ.

Selling price was $19600 including destination and money factor was .00096 which equals to 2.3%.

Thanks...
    I am also shopping for a buy(or lease) on the SE. For the SE-4, I am seeing quotes of 18.8 to 19.2 before TT&L here on this board. Remember there is a 750 dealer incentive on Accord purchases (not leases) now in effect. My best quote here in OH is 19.2 at the moment.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    There are members (use search feature) who've bought 6cyl SE's for the same price.
  • chetanrchetanr Member Posts: 6
    Folks : Do you think it is worth waiting for Easter to make a purchase of the Accord??

Thanks

Chetan
  • smccafferysmccaffery Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone bot a Honda in the Dallas area, if so could you reccomend a dealer? What should I expect to pay for a Honda Accord EX-L 4 cyl?
  • yatinggyatingg Member Posts: 4
    Ok, so I've started getting quotes from dealers a couple of days ago. And it's getting ridiculously low each time I call a new dealer saying I have a quote for this particular model and they beat it. How suspicious should I be getting?

NEW '07 Honda Accord Automatic 4DR EX-L V6 with Navigation for $24,999 (includes destination charge)!!!

My haggling began 2 days ago at:
    $25,888
    $25,579
    $25,500
    $25,132
    $24,999

MSRP is $29,995
    Invoice is $27,222
    ... both which include a $595 destination charge.

This is FAR below invoice price. How is this possible?

I'm getting invitations from all dealerships to come in, of course. I have not agreed to come in to any dealership until they can confirm that they have this exact model/color and that they is no other charge other than registration, CA license and maybe a doc fee.

Anyone has opinions on this, or expertise? I hear that internet sales is based on volume, not profit over invoice. But to be this much below invoice???
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I believe there is still a dealer rebate going on (honda->dealer), last month it was 750. Dealers are trying to move all the 07 inventory before the new models come out. More 07 sales, yield 08 allocations which they really want. It's a great time to buy, if you are okay with the old model style.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    That sounds like a screaming deal. Get them to fax you a completed contract signed by the sales manager. Don't let them ruin it by killing you on a trade-in!
  • maelstrommmaelstromm Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

New member but have been stalking for more than a month trying to decide what I should get and the posts here have been extremely helpful. But it does also raise some additional doubts since there seem to be some expert buyers and this is my first "new" car.

Been running around multiple dealers and got a quote for 18,500 OTD for an LX I4 AT no extras (This is after 3% tax, and $499 Doc fee). I know this is about 384 less than invoice, but do you think I can do a little better or is this as good as it gets.

My worry is the value after the '08s come out, so I'm really trying to maximize the haggling so that I can get the best deal. I'm hoping all you pros on this forum can help me out.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I think your doc fee is about $400 too high!
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    They are just shifting their profit from the car's price to dealer fees.
  • saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    This is true. If you can still keep an eye on the real costs, though, this is actually good for you--- the car and destination is taxed, the doc fee and other line items are not.
  • rick94rrick94r Member Posts: 5
    yatingg, I also live in Westchester NY and will be shopping for an EX V6 soon. Please keep us informed.
    Just FYI, I live in Orange County, California. I will make sure they fax me the invoice with all the expected costs. Anyone else with opinions or suggestions, welcome. Thanks all!
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Take ten minuters and stop in at the dealer that has the lowest bid (or next lowest bid if they are closer to you)and say .... something like...OK, here's my check...give me the keys.

You'll soon find out if they are serious and/or honest.
    That much below invoice sounds fishy to me. Is this a demo with some miles on it? Otherwise, beware the notorious "doc fee" where dealers try to screw us and hide their profit.
  • will26will26 Member Posts: 62
    I was offered $20,000 for an EX in Galexy Grey. It seems like they have a lot of the grey and black in stock. I've changed my mind and now want to go with Taffita white but the only problem is they are hard to come by (wisconsin). Does anyone know if this is because they are popular or because no one likes white?
  • vishayvishay Member Posts: 2
    hi servlet_us can you email me the info. for the dealer and saleperson's name at vishay23@yahoo.com
    thanx
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Not sure about the Dallas area but I have seen deals for $21,498.00 on that model so look for ones that have been on the lot for 30-45 days as they should be willing to deal.
  • he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    Hey, Will26

What dealers are u looking @ in WI. I'm up in MN but willing to travel to MKE as I have family in Waukesha. I also have a list of dealers in Northern IL that I know of. Fill in your email on your profile or drop me an email off the boards to talk specific of whom u talk to. I had an offer of 21,000 for SE-V6, that was without countering from Wilde.
  • bamaflumbamaflum Member Posts: 39
    Anybody have any idea how popular/unpopular Carbon Bronze is?
  • abhinaikabhinaik Member Posts: 29
    How does this sound guys? Dont know what those fees are?

07 Accord SE V4 with stripes, wheel locks,security, free oil change, lifetime free inspection,

18918 car with destination of 595 included
    1135 Taxes (6%)
    55 document fee
    16 online service fee
    63 registration, title, encumbrance
    8 online reg fee
    5 PA tire tax

20200 - TOTAL out the door / take away price
  • chrisp81chrisp81 Member Posts: 19
    i'll fill my email in my pro. in northern Il. (gurnee)
    Incentives are a lock from now until april 30th.
    they don't have too much farther to go.
    There may be dealer cash in your state so you could get as low as 24116.00, if no dealer cash programs are available, the net is 24866.00

watch the fees.
  • maelstrommmaelstromm Member Posts: 5
    I was actually surprised by the high Doc Fee, but see that everyone from Toyota, Nissan and Mazda all charge the same Doc fee amount. Its almost like they all decided that was the margin they would keep. But I can't seem to get dealers to budge from the 18500 :( Might be as good as it gets for me. Thoughts?
    Chris,

So are they offering 2.9% financing for qualified people?
    This offer was an e-price from Wilde. I haven't talked to anyone yet over the phone. I just clicked E-price on their website when I found the car I liked and the offer came within a day. The first offer was $20,800 and they dropped $800 in one week. Destination is included in this price.
    2.9% for 36, 4.9% 37-60, on approved credit (710+).

Finance rate is in lieu of $750 dealer cash. Special financing not available to WI residents.

So, if you live in Wisconsin, take the cashola :shades:

see my email in my profile for "other" questions.
  • zebra5zebra5 Member Posts: 47
    We bought an Odyssey from McDavid Irving last year and they were excellent to deal with. The internet mgr there just sent us an email today saying they will go $1500 below invoice on all '07 Accords in stock. Bring them your best internet offer and they will beat by $500. I would imagine McDavid Plano would also do those deals.
    Keep me in the loop what dealerships you talk to. And I dont see your email yet?
  • ncsu1ncsu1 Member Posts: 6
    You should be able to get 18000 or less.
    Where do you live in NC? What dealers have you visited?
    I am looking for the same model, this is a very good deal, but I think you can go lower 200-500 again.
    Ok, Here is the scoop guys. I've got the dealer to fax me the invoice of everything I'm going to be paying for.

Basically, $25,132 + $55 doc fee + sales tax + DVM fees. No more, no less.

This is for the 4DR EXL V6 with Navigation in a Graphite Pearl.
    You offer dealer for 24900+fees.

If they don't sell to you, then you pay 25132+fees

Good luck!
  • thechosonthechoson Member Posts: 32
    Seems like the deals are pretty sweet right now.

Any predictions on the best time to get an 07 Accord this year?

Will deals get even better? Or will inventories eventually start running low to the point prices will not be cut as much?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Anything is possible, but they will probably have plenty until very close to the time the 2008s are released. They do not want to be stuck with no cars to sell and lower their total sales numbers.
    It's possible that certain models and colors will get hard to find if you are choosy.
  • ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    FYI, THERE WAS A POST BACK IN JANUARY WHERE SOMEONE PAID $26,000 OTD, FOR EXACT SAME CAR, I DON'T REMEMBER THE DEALER BUT IT WAS IN CALIFORNIA. :shades:
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I was offered $20,000 for an EX in Galexy Grey.

What the heck is "Galexy (Galaxy?) Grey"?? :confuse:

And for the person who was asking about Carbon Bronze... it seems fairly popular around here but you don't see many of them because it is only available on the EX. Interesting color because it looks so different in the clouds and in the sun. Sadly, they no longer offer a black interior with it.... just the ivory.
    And for the person who was asking about Carbon Bronze... it seems fairly popular around here but you don't see many of them because it is only available on the EX. Interesting color because it looks so different in the clouds and in the sun. Sadly, they no longer offer a black interior with it.... just the ivory.

Thanks! Being in south Texas, I would prefer the ivory over the black anyway!
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    You're welcome. It really is a great color... it was my first choice when I was looking exactly one year ago. The 06s came with a black interior which was perfect for me. But alas, I was looking for an I4 EX-L with Navi that had a manual transmission and they don't make many of those. However, I am quite happy with silver, my all-time favorite color for cars... and the perfect color for rainy weather. ;)
  • ck949ck949 Member Posts: 4
    yatingg -- I am also in OC (Irvine), and looking for the exact same car but in white. I had been also considering a Maxima --- but if can get an Accord V6 w/Nav for $25K, I'll forget all about Nissan. Can you tell me which dealer gave you that quote?? Cheers!
  • rodtxrodtx Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

Just wondering about what the prices are going in the Dallas area. I have emailed 2 dealers thru the edmunds link and got a price of $18,814 for the Accord LX. This includes the Destination charge.
    Documentation, Title, License will be $225 additional.
    Tax is also additional 6.25%.

This is the first quote I am getting from them. Sent them another email asking if this price includes the honda incentives and i was told that it has already been reduced by $750 from the invoice price.

I was also looking at the SE model. If it had a sunroof, I would have gone with it.. but the only difference I see between LX and SE is the alloy wheels and 6cd changer is additional in SE. Are their anymore differences that would make it worth looking at the SE?

Thanks!
    Test drove the Carbon Bronze EX manual and it was a sweet ride! The price with the options I want is extremely competitive. My wife and I will take a couple of days to think it over. Price is @21K OTD with spoiler, tint, and fog lamps. If we do purchase, I will give a more detailed report.
  • arob1arob1 Member Posts: 67
    Addition in SE: radio steering wheel controls, radio theft deterrent, 4 wheel disc brake, simulated carbon fibre dashboard.
    I also test drove the EX Carbon Bronze tonight(no white available). This was the EX auto. Gave me a price of $20985.00 OTD and told me the offer was good thru end of month. Got home, checked my email and was offered $19999.00 thru end of month at another dealer in Wisconsin so the prices are totally dropping. I just wish someone would have the car in white!