Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abhinaikabhinaik Member Posts: 29
    19999 is this OTD. What is the breakup... that is excellent price...
  • will26will26 Member Posts: 62
    Tax, Title, and $89 Service Fee are not included in this quote. Does include destination. These are just the internet offers I keep getting that keep dropping every week. It started at $20800.00 two weeks ago and keeps going south from there.
  • bamaflumbamaflum Member Posts: 39
    That is better than the price I was quoted for a manual including the options! WOW!

EDIT: Oh, usually OTD price includes ttl and fees.
    I just bought SE with wheel locks, mud flaps, pinstripe, security, 1st oil chg free & lifetime inspection free:
    for 20200 OTD includes everything, destination, tax tag TTL, doc fees,

thinking now that I shouldhave waited a little more.
  • will26will26 Member Posts: 62
    These prices are pretty good but I keep thinking there's going to be some catch when I get to the dealer. This will be my first brand spakin' new car (sweet!) so I feel a little overwhelmed by all the offers and what they include.
    I talked to several dealers, but only few of them are ivin deals. What I came to know was there is a taret set by manufacturer, different dealers for different months, The qty sold in that month will directly impact qty for 08 cars.

looks like deals will be on every month :)
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Hang in there. Sometimes it is hard to compare things here because there are so many factors. Posters who break things down make it easier to decipher but if there is a trade, it gets more complicated. The dealer may give someone a great deal on the new car but give them a horrible trade-in value.

Also, someone may post a great price here but don't bother telling you the huge doc fees the dealer charges. Geesh, we've got folks here who can't even agree what OTD is. :confuse:

Read what you can and be prepared for anything. Get all the fees up front. You can't do anything about destination, tax, license, etc. but doc fees, dealer add-ons and all that other stuff are negotiable. Of course, the dealer has every right not to negotiate them. :)
  • he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    Wil26,

The only true way to know if your getting a good deal is to post the exact breakdown of the price. OTD pricing can be very misleading as these variables can be different depending on what state you live in etc. If you really want a true assement of "how a good of deal is it" you need to post selling price + dest fee (assumer 595.00 if they say included) + doc fee (sometimes they call this something else like dealer fee) and ask them if their any other fee's if not you should then include simply for disclosure the TTL and sales tax. The last 2 variables again can be different depending on where u live and are really
    irrelevant when trying to determine if you got a a good deal.

An example would be a post by Saleem when he bought the following

2007 Accord SE AT I4 bought in Jan 07

18200 - car
    595 destination
    180 doc fee
    1315 7% tax
    7.50 tire tax
  • mindaugasmindaugas Member Posts: 10
    Looking to purchase 2007 Accord VP A/T in suburban Chicago. The lowest dealer's quote I got was $16495. Can anyone share their own experience ?
    Thanks ! :):):):):)
  • steve311steve311 Member Posts: 1
    I got several quotes, the best I came by was $24,400 (no tax and w/o $400 in dealer handling). Is that good for an auto ex-l, v6? Should I try for less? I'm in NJ if that changes anything. Any info you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you! :)
    Invoice on Edmunds says $24,820, so it seems like an ok deal.
  • ncsu1ncsu1 Member Posts: 6
    I got $23900 (the best) in NC. This price includes destination.
    I visited 5 dealers, and average was about 24200.
    Good luck!
  • torchetorche Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2007 Honda Accord 4DR EXL-V6
    Paid $27074.00
    With extras: rear wing spoiler
    Trunk tray
    Moon roof visor
    Mud Flaps
  • solid1solid1 Member Posts: 11
    Got a quote from dealer in NY today to match 2007 ex-l i4 for $22,250 including 595 dest. I wanted fog lights and rear wing spoiler added and the price was $23,420 including dest. Does this sound right? What's a good price to add on these accessories.
    Thanks
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I have seen prices in my area as low as $17,998.00 for the LX automatic and $18,589.00 for the SE on select models, the longer the vehicle sits in inventory the better the deal.
  • jimfireftrjimfireftr Member Posts: 26
    Just wondering if anyone has recently purchased an LX V6,or an SE V6 in these areas. I am not getting quotes as good as some on this forum and wondered what luck everyone else has had. Thanks
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Try emailing 20-30 dealers in the cinci area from the Honda Website. Give your cell and your car, options, 1st and 2nd choice of colors price range, and tell them you are getting 20 bids and will buy before the end of the month. Towards end of the month is the only time to buy a car (if you can help it) Most people dont solicit enough bids.

Only 1 out of 8-12 dealers will be significantly behind on their sales targets for the month and you need this many bid solicitations (1/2 will answer) to generate 2-5 really eager beavers. See what you can drum up. Work the top two or the most pesky. Its better than them working you.

--Happy Hunting
    --jjf
  • normkolnormkol Member Posts: 135
    Can't speak for everyone, but our 2006 is that color. Don't know why they call it that, it really looks grey.

We like it.
    Has this ever happend to anyone before?
    Got a quote the other day for a i4 ex-l. They wrote it up and I left a deposit. We went back to the dealer today (they were closed) to see our possible new car. We checked the VIN# and it was wrong. So we thought they were trying to sell an older one on the lot. As it turns out the VIN on our receipt was to a v6 ex-l, same color.
    Has this ever happend to any of you? Do you think they will honor the price? If we didn't see this, the dealers computer would have, right? Just curious.
    Thanks
  • harryliuusaharryliuusa Member Posts: 22
    If the VIN# does not match up with model name, you probably don't have too much chance to force them to honor the price.
    There is around a $2000 difference...
    Try to make them pay a penalty on deposit you paid if they don't honor it.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    REF: 14367
    Sounds like an honest mistake. Don't try to force them into anything or else you'll seem like the typical [non-permissible content removed] car dealer we despise on this forum. Renegotiate in good faith and make them give you a good deal (or walk away).
    Yes, I think it was an honest mistake. Looks like the stock # matches the i4. I wonder if they would have caught this, or if I would have done the insurance and bank stuff with the wrong VIN. Glad I checked. I will speak with them timorrow and get this resolved.
    Thanks again, this site has been very helpful.
    Yep, I love the color. It is unique, nice looking, and hides dirt well.

Our deal was easy and our salesperson was fantastic. Took the quote he gave me to other dealers and they couldn't come within 1000 of it. I will say the car I wanted was on their lot over 60 days and they were trying to get rid of it.

2007 Honda Accord EX I4 manual transmission (typing it straight from the receipt)
    Selling price: 19,147
    Accessories: 1252
    Total: 20,399.80
    Sales Tax: 1274.99
    Inventory tax: 49.20
    TTL: 127.99
    Doc fee: 50
    Total OTD: 21,901

I am estatic over of the deal we got. If anyone in the SA/south TX wants to deal with our guy, shoot me an e-mail. I highly recommend him!
  • carbuyer4646carbuyer4646 Member Posts: 21
    1. It's an honest mistake - if the tables were turned you would not want to pay for a v-6 and get an i4.
    2. Having said that, if the price is what I read in one of your ealier posts (22,400), then it's WAY too high. You should be able to do much better
    $22,250 for an i4 ex-l including $595 destination.
    $595 for a spoiler installed.
    A know it's not the best deal, but how much lower do you think the price could be?
    Congratulations!!!

What accessories did you get?
  • nyceltanycelta Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

Agreed to the following deal for a Honda Accord Sedan Ex-L 4-cyl. Automatic:

Purchase Price: $22,241
    Doc fee: $45
    Tire Tax: $12.50
    Sales Tax (Westchester, NY): 7.375%
    Included extras: Wood Trim
    Color: Black on black

However I am really debating between the above car and:

2007 Honda Civic Sedan Ex w/ Navi --

Purchase Price: $19,900
    Sales Tax: 7.375%

My question is this of the experienced Honda owners in this forum: Given the above scenarios which is the better car value-for-money? And which will have the better residual value (in your opinion)after 5 years?

Lastly, the dealer is pushing the Simoniz...is this a rip-off? Or is of value for a black exterior?

Thanks all!!
    Thanks.

I was going to get spoiler, fog lamps, and tint. With the purchase of 5 accessories, we got a discount so we added the trunk liner and trunk cargo net. Because of the low offer, we didn't really haggle over the accessories, plus they were reasonably priced installed. I can't wait to take it back and have the options installed and the dealer to prep it.
  • rubblerubble Member Posts: 12
    Going to purchase this weekend (end of the month!!) and have one quote for an '07 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 with MT, no navigation, for $23,320.

Thoughts?
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312

Lastly, the dealer is pushing the Simoniz...is this a rip-off? Or is of value for a black exterior?

Totally unnecessary.

Unless he wants to give you a free can of Simoniz.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I'm no Civic expert but the Accord would be a much better deal. That extra $2300 is going to be so worth it for you.

Of course, I do like the Navi on my Accord so you may want it and get the Civic. A portable unit for the Accord would be a better way to go, imho.
  • mgegmgeg Member Posts: 1
    nycelta,

Could you please provide the name of the dealership that offered you this price? I am also looking to buy/lease an Accord in Westchester county. Thanks.
  • tweektweek Member Posts: 5
    Tim I just bought the same car

I declined the extended warranty....I'm not the "extended warranty" type...lol

Price was $1200.
    Greetings all

I wish I had known about these forums before I bought my Accord last week. Oh well.

Anyway, I just purchased Accord EX

23945 MSRP w/destination chg
    386 list price for dealer add-ons (wheel locks, mud flaps)
    181 license % title
    24512 total....this is about what I actually paid

dealer paid the approx $2100. sales tax (9.1%)

I suppose I might've done better, but I thought this was a reasonable deal.

Comments welcome.
    I have owned Civic, and now own Accord.

The Accord is really worth the extra money, IMO, for the better driving experience it provides.

As they say, you can't put a price on a good time.

GL with whichever car you choose.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Check the invoice price and subtract $750 (the amount of factory incentive money the dealer received for the car). That is the most that should have been paid for the car before taxes. I think you may have paid about $1,500 to $2,000 more than the rest of the world is paying, but I'd have to double check figures, and I'm much too tired tonight!
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Don't know what area of the country you are in, and I assume it's a 4dr accord ex, invoice would be 21,160 as per edmunds, less 750 mfg-dealer rebate going on now, add for delivery of 595...... is 21,005. Some will argue that the mudflaps and extras are worth nothing, but if I remember correctly the mudflaps cost about 50-75, and wheel locks 50...so lets just say 125. Add the 181 license fees, and the car total is 21,311. Tax at 9.1% would total the vehicle out around $23,230.

Most of the areas of the country have been extremely competitive as they are trying to move all of the older style 2007's before the 2008's come out, so that price should be very do-able if you shop around.

At this point, see if you can get the salesman to throw in some extra keys, lifetime oil changes, service manuals, or anything. He/She probably won't do it, but doesn't hurt to ask.
    Some of the dealerships are moving away from oil change coupons or free ones and started marketing "express oil changes." The dealership we bought at has a small building on the lot just like a Jiffy Lube and they charge 24.95 for the works. That is only $5 more than Wal-mart using much better products for your Honda. Not only that, many manufacturers are saying you don't need to change your oil 7-10K miles now.
  • rick94rrick94r Member Posts: 5
    $23,320 sounds great, where is this dealer? So far my lowest quote is $24,250 but I just started the process.
  • rubblerubble Member Posts: 12
    Glen Burnie, Maryland. I'm hoping Annapolis dealer will match.
    I never used to be for extended warranties (because most people get ripped off) but Honda is one of the only manufacturers that let its dealers competitively sell the Hondacare warranty online.

Only way to buy it unless finance guy at your dealership will match it. myhondawarranty.com (Sacucci honda) is one of the dealerships doing it. Google hondacare warranty for more.

I'll bet their price of the 8/120 for the accord is $750.

Happy Huntin
    jjf

Tim I just bought the same car

I declined the extended warranty....I'm not the "extended warranty" type...lol

Price was $1200.
    OK, 2 questions:

1 Do you calculate $23,230 as out-the-door price? That doesn't seem to allow for dealer profit. Or, am I missing something?

2 I concede that I was a bit sloppy about negotiating for a great deal, so I missed out....but I also saw that Edmunds "TMV--what others are paying" price is $22,637. Is it reasonable to assume that is the actual average price that others are paying? (If so, my deal is not too bad, as I paid approx $500. less than that "average" deal.)

BTW I live near Seattle.

Thanks for all input.
    Thanks for the tip.

Went to myhondawarranty.com their price for 8/120 was $840

That is $360. lower than what my dealer was selling it for

Not inclined to buy it, but I'm gonna give it some more thought.
  • smithskismithski Member Posts: 1
    NEW '07 Honda Accord Automatic 4DR EX-L V6 with Navigation for $24,999 (includes destination charge)!!! This is FAR below invoice price. How is this possible?

These deals are out there. I purchased an '07 EX-L V6 with Nav for $25,062 OTD on January 31st out of Louisiana.

Basically, I figure the dealer was 'all in' with everything -- manufacturer's assistance, holdback, projected volume incentive, etc. -- and I was able to get the car for very close to, if not actual, 'true cost'.

The only issue I had with my car was it was said to have 29 miles...and when I arrived to load the car up (from Montana :surprise: ) it actually had 126 miles. Not a big deal to me though for that kind of price break.
    I'm not really sure how the TMV price is calculated, from state sales transfers or what but it is an extremely ROUGH average. In some cases it is a joke. Last summer when most people were posting $6800 off MSRP a Honda Pilot the TMV was about 3800 off. Be thankful you didn't buy an expensive SUV as you'd possibly be out $6000 or more.

The Accord has been a 1000 under invoice car for quite some time. I know time is money and it's not worth killing yourself for $300 but if you buy or trade a lot you will be putting someone's kids thru Princeton.

I could write a book on car buying, but there are a (very few) good resourses out there.

1)Get the fightingchance.com package for $35 on your car.
    2)Go to the library or amazon( may be updated) and checkout "Dont Get Taken Every Time" by Remar Sutton-- it is a fun read.

Do this post-mortem on your Accord purchase and you will know more than 97% of the car salesmen and 80% of the sales managers. (there is a high turnover rate) For $35,a library card and a few hours of your time you will save thousands.

Happy Huntin
    --jjf

OK, 2 questions:

1 Do you calculate $23,230 as out-the-door price? That doesn't seem to allow for dealer profit. Or, am I missing something?

2 I concede that I was a bit sloppy about negotiating for a great deal, so I missed out....but I also saw that Edmunds "TMV--what others are paying" price is $22,637. Is it reasonable to assume that is the actual average price that others are paying? (If so, my deal is not too bad, as I paid approx $500. less than that "average" deal.)

BTW I live near Seattle.

Thanks for all input.
    The invoice price has been a nominal figure for most makes for the past 15 years at least. (If not always.) You also need my message 14394. There is now way to know their "True Cost".

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

NEW '07 Honda Accord Automatic 4DR EX-L V6 with Navigation for $24,999 (includes destination charge)!!! This is FAR below invoice price. How is this possible?

These deals are out there. I purchased an '07 EX-L V6 with Nav for $25,062 OTD on January 31st out of Louisiana.

Basically, the I figure the dealer was 'all in' with everything -- manufacturer's assistance, holdback, projected volume incentive, etc. -- and basically I was able to get the car for very close to, if not actual, 'true cost'.
    Don't forget to google around. Sacucci is among the best for extended warranties but a few beat it by $100+ for a few models. If you talk to them they will tell you how much it costs if you are within 1000 miles or x months of the vehicle's std warranty expiration. (I believe it is only 15% more?)

--jjf

Thanks for the tip

Went to myhondawarranty.com their price for 8/120 was $840

That is $360. lower than what my dealer was selling it for

Not inclined to buy it, but I'm gonna give it some more thought.
  • willis3willis3 Member Posts: 76
    Seems like a good price.

I was quoted $25,741 for an 07 EX-L V6 MT w/Navigation considering that Navigation is a $2,000 option.
  • nyceltanycelta Member Posts: 5
    Hi again all,

I need to make a decison ASAP.

Civic Ex 4dr. Sedan AT w/ Navi
    Purchase Price 19,918 (including destination)

Honda Accord EX L 4dr. sedan AT
    Purchase Price 22,241 (including destination)
    Tire tax: $12.50

You all are the Honda experts. Considering value for money and residual value -- which is a better deal at the above prices? The redesigned Civic w/ navi or the more luxurious accord ex/l with a soon to be outdated body?

Also, what should mag locks run me?
  • robertgp421robertgp421 Member Posts: 3
    Dealer offered me $19,600 on an Accord Sedan LX-SE, right at invoice + $595 for destination - any thoughts? This is in SW PA - Pittsburgh.
  • rodtxrodtx Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the info! I sent out emails to some dealers in the area and I am getting a quote of 19,446 for the SE. This only includes destination fees but not the doc fee.