Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Wow.... read my post again. I said ALL comments were helpful. That includes yours. I'm glad you are happy with your price. I'm glad you are happy with the protection package. Just because I've never heard anyone say anything positive about it doesn't mean it won't be good for you. Lighten up.
  • Options
    mguiniossomguiniosso Member Posts: 9
    This may/may not help. The lowest price that I was quoted in the San Francisco Bay Area, after very easy negotiation, was 16000 for the VP AT, which I bought. This included destination but not TTL.
  • Options
    hondaodyacchondaodyacc Member Posts: 2
    I can do either. I was hoping cash would make it easier.

RS
  • Options
    mattgg1mattgg1 Member Posts: 191
    Ballroomdancer –

I’m truly amazed at how personally you’ve taken a few posts on a Priced Paid forum. Just because I have a differing opinion doesn’t mean I’m personally attacking your integrity. Lighten up.

You describe how you paid “a combined total price of $1,637.76 OVER the INVOICE PRICE for ALL of the following options.” Which by your calculation, works out to “about $163 PER OPTION.”

However, you are using the invoice price as a baseline. But as you can see by the many posts in this forum, buying an Accord for $1000-$2000 UNDER invoice has become easily achievable.

Let’s assume that $1500 under invoice is a normal/average selling price for a new Accord with no options. This means that you paid $3137.67 MORE than the reasonable selling price ($1500 under invoice) for your vehicle, including all of the options.

So divide the $3137.76 by the ten options on your car, and you come up with $314 PER OPTION. That is a lot of money per add-on, especially considering that a few of the options you selected have questionable (if any) value.

With regard to the dealer mop & glow, if you are happy with it, then that’s all that matters. From your post, it sounds like you agreed with everything the dealer said in their generic Vehicle Protection Package sales pitch (“increased resale value” really made me laugh). However, if you took a poll of all the educated buyers on this web site, VERY FEW would claim that this protection is a good value at any price.

As I mentioned before, you would get the same or better protection using aftermarket products at a much lower cost. And your protection package is NOT a substitute for washing/cleaning/detailing the car yourself to keep it looking good. The warranty only covers “DAMAGE”, they won’t detail your car or clean out the french fries/crumbs/makeup you plan on spilling. It’s hard to imagine you will save “a ton of money” on “cleaning repairs” unless you plan on really trashing your car.

About the options…if you don’t want to buy them online and install them yourself, you could either 1) have someone else do it for a nominal fee, or 2) use those prices to negotiate with the dealer and make them drastically cut the huge markup on these options.

Secondly, accessories ordered online do indeed come with a Honda warranty…”All of the genuine Honda accessories we sell are covered by Honda's 12 month/12,000 mile warranty against defects.”
  • Options
    carquote1carquote1 Member Posts: 25
    On that note....Does anyone know where I can get a list of prices or can some one post what accessories should cost at a reasonable price. I have seen the prices on the accessory websites, but what prices be had at the dealership with the required installation.I am interested in the auto dimming mirror w/ compass, the outside temperature gauge, all season mats, body side trim, wheel lock, and cargo net. If anyone knows what these have or should be going for I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    jcash2dsjcash2ds Member Posts: 29
    I’m truly amazed at how personally you’ve taken a few posts on a Priced Paid forum. Just because I have a differing opinion doesn’t mean I’m personally attacking your integrity. Lighten up.

However, you are using the invoice price as a baseline. But as you can see by the many posts in this forum, buying an Accord for $1000-$2000 UNDER invoice has become easily achievable.

Let’s assume that $1500 under invoice is a normal/average selling price for a new Accord with no options. This means that you paid $3137.67 MORE than the reasonable selling price ($1500 under invoice) for your vehicle, including all of the options.

It seems that your "differing opinion" is translating to "you made a mistake. You paid TOO much." You may not be attacking his integrity (like he gives a flip), but you are in fact criticizing his method of purchasing a car, which has already been paid for and he cannot change that. You are doing no help to him or to others by belittling his purchase strategy or the amount he paid.
    If he has enough dough to pay cash for a 30k car, why in the world would he go to the trouble of installing 3-400 dollar accessories when he could just pay for it, unless he really enjoys doing it himself? Just because he felt comfortable paying for a certified technician to properly install, inspect, and guarantee the options, doesn't mean he made a bad deal. Could he have done better? Possibly.. but -->

You cannot insinuate that 1500 below invoice is the norm for everyone who looks at an Accord. Sure, many and most people are getting around that range, but keep in mind those few dealers who are NOT going well below invoice. It varies with region and even within salesmen. It's a little biased to use Invoice-1500 as a starting point. Besides, did you buy it 1500 under? ;)
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    It seems that your "differing opinion" is translating to "you made a mistake. You paid TOO much." You may not be attacking his integrity (like he gives a flip), but you are in fact criticizing his method of purchasing a car, which has already been paid for and he cannot change that. You are doing no help to him or to others by belittling his purchase strategy or the amount he paid.

Well, in a way, it WILL help others learn to negotiate each part of the deal to avoid being "taken" by a dealer. It is the same reason you don't mention a trade in before negotiating the sale price of the car. The same principle applies here, that some people may have never thought of previously, and mattgg1 brought that up, which unfortunately and coincidentally, made it look like ballroomdancer or whatever the name is got a bad deal.

Personally, I don't think it was a good deal, and that is just one moderately educated opinion. His deal is done, however. What we CAN do is talk about the methods for purchasing, as opposed to getting in a frenzy about one person's deal. Better yet, take these types of conversations to the "Smart Shoppers" board, which a host will be happy to link you to. ***NOTICE: This was not meant to be offensive personally to anyone, anywhere. :sick: ***
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Let's move on..

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    I just want to know if they threw in some tail fins at cost on that deal.
  • Options
    cjamaalecjamaale Member Posts: 8
    And I would like to get some pricing on the following accessories as well:

EX Sport Package (includes Rear Wing Spoiler, Auto Day/Night Rearview Mirror w/ Compass, and Foglamps)

IPOD Music Link

I am looking @ Honda EX-L V-6 MT w/Navigation, so I know I need to be between $1,000 - $2,000 below invoice, but need to know how much I should pay for the above accessories. I hear the Music Link is crap, but the EX Sport Package is for sure, so any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Does anyone recall if there has been any better deals on the Sedan EX-L V6 6MT w/Navigation? And does one think that they are offering deeper discounts on the Auto vs. the 6MT, just due to actual volume?

#14437 I bought EX V6 6MT sedan w Nav yesterday for $25k + $50 doc and tax/dmv.
  • Options
    dreamchaser321dreamchaser321 Member Posts: 24
    Which dealership in the San Francisco Bay Area did you buy your car at? I'm also in the SF Bay Area and I'm also looking for a new Honda Accord. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    And does one think that they are offering deeper discounts on the Auto vs. the 6MT, just due to actual volume?

It really depends on what the dealer has on the lot... or what's coming in. I don't know how rare the manuals are.... you won't see as many as the autos so you may do better with them. However, do a little looking around.... and you may not want to lock yourself into just one color.

I'm a stick guy so I'd be willing to accept a deal with less of a discount to get what I want. But that's me. ;)
  • Options
    mguiniossomguiniosso Member Posts: 9
    San Francisco Honda.
  • Options
    Does one know what one should pay for a new leftover 06 Sedan EX-L V6 6MT w/Navigation?
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Look up the price of a used 06 with 0miles on kbb.com or nada.com, edmunds.com. Add about $1000-2000 or so. Thats the price you want to pay. Compare that to the price of an 07 at 1000 or 2000 under invoice. The car is going on 2 years old.

--jjf

Does one know what one should pay for a new leftover 06 Sedan EX-L V6 6MT w/Navigation?
  • Options
    ballroomdancerballroomdancer Member Posts: 34
    [mattgg1] SAID: I’m truly amazed at how personally you’ve taken a few posts on a Priced Paid forum. Just because I have a differing opinion does not’t mean I’m personally attacking your integrity. Lighten up.

Ballroomdancer says: MANY THANKS TO jcash2ds #14664 FOR APPROPRIATELY RESPONDING TO THE ABOVE COMMENT[mattgg1] BY SAYING "It seems that your "differing opinion" is translating to "you made a mistake. You paid TOO much." You may not be attacking his integrity (like he gives a flip), but you are in fact criticizing his method of purchasing a car, which has already been paid for and he cannot change that. You are doing no help to him or to others by belittling his purchase strategy or the amount he paid.
    If he has enough dough to pay cash for a 30k car, why in the world would he go to the trouble of installing 3-400 dollar accessories when he could just pay for it, unless he really enjoys doing it himself? Just because he felt comfortable paying for a certified technician to properly install, inspect, and guarantee the options, doesn't mean he made a bad deal. Could he have done better? Possibly.. but -->
    “It varies with region and even within salesmen. It's a little biased to use Invoice-1500 as a starting point. Besides, did you buy it 1500 under?”
    YOUR COMMENTS WERE RIGHT ON THE MONEY jcash2ds AND I SINCERELY APPRECIATED IT!

[mattgg1] SAID: However, you are using the invoice price as a baseline. But as you can see by the many posts in this forum, buying an Accord for $1000-$2000 UNDER invoice has become easily achievable.

Ballroomdancer says: SORRY, I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYWHERE IN THIS FORUM THAT THIS IS A CONSISTENT, COMMON EVERY DAY “easily achievable” EXPERIENCE (i.e. buying an Accord for $1000-$2000 UNDER invoice)! PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME. HOWEVER, I DO SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE ASKING QUESTIONS (AND MANY TIMES NOT GETTING ANSWERS) WHICH COINCIDENTALLY HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE I RECENTLY BOUGHT MY CAR. I WOULD HAVE RATHER SEEN A LOT OF PEOPLE GIVING DETAILED FACTS (PRICING, ETC.) ABOUT THEIR PURCHASE OF A VEHICLE (WHICH IS WHAT I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS ALL ABOUT). THEN, WHEN I ACTUALLY POSTED MY BUYING EXPERIENCE IT TURNED OUT TO BE THE “YOU PAID WAY TOO MUCH” FORUM (compliments of mattgg1).

[mattgg1] SAID: Let’s assume that $1500 under invoice is a normal/average selling price for a new Accord with no options. This means that you paid $3137.67 MORE than the reasonable selling price ($1500 under invoice) for your vehicle, including all of the options.

Ballroomdancer says: I PREFER TO CORRECTLY ASSUME THAT $1500 UNDER INVOICE IS NOT A “normal/average selling price for a new Accord with no options” BY ALSO INCLUDING THE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY PURCHASE THIS IDENTICAL VEHICLE (2007 Honda EX-L V-6 AT with Navigation) EXCLUDING ONLY THOSE FEW WHO MAY HAVE ACTUALLY COME INTO THIS FORUM AND SAID SO (which I personally have been unable to find). I THINK IT WOULD BE A MORE ACCURATE ASSUMPTION TO SAY “that $1500 under invoice is (NOT) a normal/average selling price for a new Accord with no options” WHEN ALSO INCLUDING ALL THE INDIVIDUALS OUTSIDE THIS FORUM WHO PURCHASE HUNDREDS OF THIS IDENTICAL VEHICLE EVERY DAY.

[mattgg1] SAID: So divide the $3137.76 by the ten options on your car, and you come up with $314 PER OPTION. That is a lot of money per add-on . .

Ballroomdancer says: IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY? THE DEFINITION OF “a lot of money” IS RELATIVE TO YOUR PERSONAL MECHANICAL SKILLS, THE AMOUNT OF TIME YOU HAVE TO SHOP AROUND FOR “ADD ON PARTS” AND YOUR PERSONAL FINANCIAL RESOURCES. I’M NOT ONE TO SPEND SEVERAL DAYS LOOKING FOR ALL THE TOOLS AND PARTS I NEED AND THEN PERSONALLY WORKING AT INSTALLING THEM ON MY CAR (OR MAYBE NEVER) FOR ANOTHER SEVERAL DAYS TO SAVE A COUPLE OF BUCKS. ALSO, NO MANUFACTURER OF ANY “ADD ON PART” IS GOING TO GUARANTEE HIS PART AGAINST FAULTY OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION FOR THREE YEARS. EVERYTHING IS ALREADY ON THE CAR AND PROPERLY INSTALLED WITH A THREE YEAR DEALER WARRANTY THE MOMENT I DRIVE IT OFF THE DEALER LOT (Yahoooo! We’re all ready to Rock and Roll!).

[mattgg1] SAID: “. . . especially considering that a few of the options you selected have questionable (if any) value”.

Ballroomdancer says: WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS LITTLE OR NO VALUE “(if any)” TO A DEALER PROVIDED OPTION (OR OTHERWISE) IS DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL TO THE NEED OF THE INDIVIDUAL WHO IS ACTUALLY PURCHASING THE VEHICLE. If I want a gold Honda insignia then that is my choice because I value it. To hear someone else say that my gold Honda insignia is of “questionable value” is . . . well, just being unkind! THANK YOU BUT THIS IS NOT THE “few of the options you selected have questionable (if any) value” FORUM! Please don’t take it personally!

[mattgg1] SAID: With regard to the dealer mop & glow, if you are happy with it, then that’s all that matters. From your post, it sounds like you agreed with everything the dealer said in their generic Vehicle Protection Package sales pitch (“increased resale value” really made me laugh). However, if you took a poll of all the educated buyers on this web site, VERY FEW would claim that this protection is a good value at any price.

Ballroomdancer says: HAPPY TO AMUSE YOU mattgg1. “PROTECTING” ANY VEHICLE INVESTMENT IN ANY WAY, DOES INDEED ADD TO IT’S RESALE VALUE. THE PAINT AND LEATHER PROTECTION IS GOOD FOR SEVEN (7) YEARS AND PROVIDES A LIFETIME RENEWABLE WARRANTY. PLEASE, HAVE FUN TAKING YOUR POLL AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE “INFORMED” (BY ACTUALLY READING THE P&L CERTIFICATES). YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING YOURSELF UP TO DATE AS WELL. BUT IT ALSO INCLUDES REPAIRS TO THE VEHICLE (SEE MORE BELOW).

[mattgg1] SAID: As I mentioned before, you would get the same or better protection using aftermarket products at a much lower cost. And your protection package is NOT a substitute for washing/cleaning/detailing the car yourself to keep it looking good. The warranty only covers “DAMAGE”, they won’t detail your car or clean out the french fries/crumbs/makeup you plan on spilling. It’s hard to imagine you will save “a ton of money” on “cleaning repairs” unless you plan on really trashing your car.

Ballroomdancer says: I DID NOT SAY IT WAS A “SUBSTITUTE” FOR
    WASHING/CLEANING/DETAILING THE CAR. BUT I DID SAY “it would more than pay for itself if the Paint and Leather PROTECTION prevented me from paying for just two additional “detailing” jobs over the life of the car. NOT ONLY DID YOU TAKE MY MEANING OUT OF CONTEXT BUT YOU CONVENIENTLY SKIPPED OVER THE SAVING MONEY ON “REPAIRS” TO THE EXTERIOR PAINT OR INTERIOR LEATHER. REPAIRS COST MONEY TOO! THE REPAIRS WOULD BE PROVIDED BY THE DEALER (AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO ME) UNLESS OF COURSE, I DID AS YOU SUGGESTED mattgg1 AND PURCHASED “aftermarket products at a much lower cost” AND WENT TO ALL THE TROUBLE AND AGGRAVATION TO APPLY IT MYSELF. BUT THEN I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO PUT IN SEVERAL HOURS DOING IT WITH THE “PROPER APPLICATORS”, ETC. (ACCOR
  • Options
    (ACCORDING TO THE MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS) JUST TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS I WOULD THEN TRULY END UP WITH NOTHING BUT A BONIFIED AND CERTIFIED “MOP AND GLO”. I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN AT REGULAR INTERVALS. WHEREAS THIS WAY I TRULY HAVE SOMETHING OF VALUE THAT WILL PROTECT MY CAR AS WELL AS PAY FOR ANY FUTURE REPAIRS TO THE EXTERIOR PAINT OR INTERIOR LEATHER FOR THE LIFETIME OF THE VEHICLE (PROVIDED IT IS PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED BY MY LOCAL DEALER). I PLAN ON KEEPING THIS CAR FOR AT LEAST TEN YEARS. I’VE SEEN A LOT HAPPEN TO THE EXTERIOR PAINT AND INTERIOR LEATHER OF A VEHICLE IN TEN YEARS. ESPECIALLY ONE THAT IS ALWAYS PARKED OUTSIDE. I WON’T HAVE TO WAX IT (just wash it) OR APPLY ANY ADDITIONAL EXTERIOR OR INTERIOR PROTECTOR TO THE VEHICLE FOR THAT ENTIRE TIME. AND I GOT IT ALL FOR A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS.

[mattgg1] SAID: About the options…if you don’t want to buy them online and install them yourself, you could either 1) have someone else do it for a nominal fee, or 2) use those prices to negotiate with the dealer and make them drastically cut the huge markup on these options.

Ballroomdancer says: I DON’T KNOW WHAT PLANET YOU LIVE ON BUT YOU’RE NOT GOING TO GET THE SAME PRICE FROM THE DEALER AS YOU’RE GOING TO GET FROM THE UNSUSPECTING HIGH SCHOOL KID (FRESH OUT HIS AUTO SHOP CLASS) OR A GUY WORKING OUT OF HIS BASEMENT OR GARAGE. NEITHER ARE YOU GOING TO GET THE SAME SKILLED PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION. IF YOUR GUY SCRATCHES OR DAMAGES OR SCREWS UP YOUR “ONLINE” PART (the spoiler he was installing, etc.) OR ANY PORTION OF THE VEHICLE ITSELF (Oops! WHILE INSTALLING THE OPTIONS) IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM IS HE GOING TO “PAY FOR A NEW PART” OR WILL HE DO A PROFESSIONAL REPAINT (IF NEEDED AFTER THE SCREW UP) OR DO REPAIRS TO THE VEHICLE ITSELF THAT WON’T VOID YOUR (already in place) DEALER WARRANTY ON THE REST OF THE VEHICLE? I THINK NOT! AND IF HE DOES TRY TO FIX HIS SCREW UP DO YOU THINK HE HAS THE TRAINING AND RESOURCES (SKILL AND TOOLS) TO TAKE CARE OF IT PROFESSIONALLY AND THEN STAND BEHIND HIS WORK FOR THREE YEARS (LIKE THE DEALER)? PROBABLY NOT!

[mattgg1] SAID: Secondly, accessories ordered online do indeed come with a Honda warranty…”All of the genuine Honda accessories we sell are covered by Honda's 12 month/12,000 mile warranty.

Ballroomdancer says: YOUR ONLINE ACCESORIES DO NOT COME WITH A “THREE YEAR DEALER INSTALLED WARRANTY”. YOUR ONLINE ACCESSORIES ARE NOT GUARANTEED AGAINST FAULTY OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION. YOUR ONLINE ACCESSORIES REQUIRE AN ASSORTMENT OF ADDITIONAL TOOLS AND A LOT OF PERSONAL TIME TO INSTALL. YOUR ONLINE ACCESSORIES WOULD COST ME A LOT MORE TIME, MONEY AND AGGRAVATION IN THE LONG RUN. MOST OF YOUR ONLINE ACCESSORIES ARE PROBABLY STILL SITTING ON THE SHELVES OF A LOT OF CAR OWNERS HOMES RIGHT NOW WHO THOUGHT THEY WOULD SAVE A FEW BUCKS BUT REALIZED LATER THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE THE TIME, TOOLS OR SKILL LEVEL TO TACKLE THE JOB. IN OTHER WORDS, THEY SPENT MORE MONEY AND WENT WITHOUT IT IN THE END.

[mattgg1] SAID: “All of the genuine Honda accessories WE SELL . . .

Ballroomdancer says: AHHH, FINALLY WE GET TO GROUND ZERO! NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE SO CRITICAL OF ANY ONE IN THIS “Priced Paid forum” WHO WOULD PAY MONEY TO THE DEALER TO INSTALL ANY OPTION AND/OR ACCESSORY (AT ANY PRICE!).
    YOU WOULD RATHER THEY BUY THEIR ADD ON PARTS FROM YOU!
    BUT, HEY! YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO THE INSTALLATION. YOU DON’T HAVE TO SPEND YOUR TIME SHOPPING AROUND TO FIND SOMEONE QUALIFIED ENOUGH TO DO THE INSTALLATION WHO WILL WARRANT IT. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BUY THE TOOLS OR ANY ADDITIONAL APPLICATION OR INSTALLATION ACCESSORIES. YOU DON’T HAVE TO TAKE THE RISK OF SOMEONE ELSE SCREWING UP THE INSTALLATION. YOU SAY NOTHING ABOUT THE THREE YEAR (DEALER PROVIDED) INSTALLATION WARRANTY THAT DOES NOT COME WITH THE ONLINE PARTS YOU SELL. ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS SELLING OTHER PEOPLE ONLINE PARTS WHICH WILL COST THEM MORE TIME AND MORE AGGRAVATION TO INSTALL IT THEMSELVES OR EVENTUALLY JUST END UP LETTING THE ONLINE PART SIT ON THEIR SHELF AT HOME. WHAT DO YOU CARE, YOU MADE YOUR MONEY, RIGHT? WELL, LET’S NOT PUT A PRICE ON THAT SHALL WE? YOU JUST KEEP TELLING THE OTHER GUY THAT HE’S PAYING TOO MUCH TO HAVE IT INSTALLED BY THE DEALER (AT ANY PRICE) SO HE’LL GET STUPID ENOUGH TO BUY THE PARTS FROM YOU. I’LL BET THAT YOU DO YOUR BEST BUSINESS WITH THE MOP AND GLO PRODUCTS! I’LL EVEN BET THAT THE MAJORITY OF THOSE PRODUCTS (you sell) ARE STILL SITTING ON SHELVES IN THE HOMES OF MANY A CAR BUYER, UNOPENED, NEVER HAVING BEEN APPLIED TO THE CAR. PERSONALLY I THINK THEY “PAID WAY TOO MUCH” (quoting mattgg1)

PLEASE DON’T TAKE ANYTHING I SAID PERSONALLY :)

IT’S BEEN FUN!
  • Options
    I see your question was directed to mattgg1 and he did not respond. I will be glad to help you out.
    On the left side are the actual dollar amounts placed into my recent purchase order by the dealer at the time of purchase. Whether you think they are reasonable or not is beside the point. I suggest you negotiate the bottom line price of the car (with the ALL the options you want included) rather than try to negotiate each and every option (don't worry about the price of each option because they can charge whatever they want or give it away for free if they want). Just negotiate your overall price as close to (or under) the INVOICE price as you possibly can WITH THE OPTIONS INCLUDED. However they want to juggle the numbers to give you your bottom line price is of no consequence. Good luck! Come back and let us know what the dealer listed and don't let someone in this forum tell you that you paid too much or that the option you selected has questionable value. Only you can decide that for yourself. Happy Car Buying
    $138 Splash Guards
    $ 76 Wheel Locks
    $125 Pinstripe
    $399 Paint Matched Moldings
    $587 Rear Wing Spoiler
    $440 Fog Lights
    $ 97 Hood Switch Kit
    $ 61 Cargo Net
    $980 Eight year Extended Honda Care Warranty
    $300 Paint and Leather Protection Package
  • Options
    Nope, not an attorney, but thanks for asking. I listed all those options for two reasons. First, I personally wanted to know what I was buying. I used it as a reference guide when sitting in the vehicle to personally identify all the standard options listed. Second, I wanted THEM to know that I knew what I was doing and what I was buying (strong impression). You would be surprised at the number of salesman I talked to who weren't sure what was standard on an EX-L and what wasn't. They would have to go back and check their source information some of them were so confused. Some salesman would tell me "it was standard" and other would tell me "it was optional" depending on which car they showed to me. No one car on the lot had all the options I wanted on it. Some EX-L features were listed as "AVAILABLE" like the Navigation, V-6, Automatic Transmission. In the very beginning it's helpful to spell it out for yourself. After awhile you know it by heart. I faxed it to everyone I made internet contact with so that I didn't have to keep repeating what I wanted on the car. They were also much more inclined to give me a better price seeing that I knew what I was doing and had obviously talked to other dealerships.
    Hope this helps
  • Options
    hondababe2hondababe2 Member Posts: 1
    Ok so I am a college student - I decided to lease a Honda Accord 05 LX in Milwaukee brand new and now I have a year left on my lease and want to get out. I just never drive the car. It has only 18,350 miles and I have been asking 15,750 for it which is just enough to pay off my debt to Honda and cover the taxes that I will have to pay to them. Is this a fair price? The price I am asking is below the kbb value, but it seems like everyone just wants to pay between 12,500 and 14,000 for it for a 3rd party. Am I asking too much? It has only been on the market a week now. Any advice?
  • Options
    carquote1carquote1 Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone know if the SE V-6 comes standard with Body Side Moldings? I am unable to find anything online regarding how much this accessory costs, except for one site that says "coupe only". Is this not an option on the sedan?
  • Options
    c130mikec130mike Member Posts: 5
    You are all a bunch of babies with this bickering back and forth. Remember last week when this board just had helpful info on purchasing Honda Accords?? Ahhh... the good ole days.
  • Options
    Posts directed at others will be deleted.. Continued posting in such a manner may result in posting priveleges being suspended..

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Hey,

Your price seems okay, but it might have to go lower, you may try to post on ebay. I would not sacrifice to much in the price, with low mileage like that. Also take in consideration what the market is like now, the new 08 will be out soon too. Also you may go to leasetrader.com and post your lease for someone to take over your lease. You could try that. Seriously try it on ebay though, you could be suprised. It is frustrating when the private party value is lower than market value, but thats the way it is. Also, some dealers may let you walk away from your lease. You make want ask them, what your options are. If not, then atleast you tried, but there is a slight chance they may help you out. try ebay, or Leasetrader.com, or swaplease.com Some one take over your lease, you walk away from it. Hope this helps.

Brian
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Good deals can be found here in Texas, send me an email and I can give you more information.
  • Options
    To c130mike: Thank you for your "helpful info on purchasing Honda Accords" :P
  • Options
    07pilot4me07pilot4me Member Posts: 52
    hi there,

which dealership was this and was it hard to get to that price??? would he have given you that price if you excluded the warranty and security system. what is the length of the warranty..

thanks in advance
  • Options
    priyathypriyathy Member Posts: 8
    :surprise: Hi I am trying to buy a 2007 4 cl EXL with Navi... Could you please tell what will be the best price i could get for the same. I live in santa clara, ca
    THey are giving me for $23480 + tax & license

let me know whether it is a best deal
    another dealer gave me for $25000 OTD
  • Options
    $25000 OTD is pretty good. I'd try to get them to $24700 OTD or get them to throw in an option or two (like cargo net or mud guards).
  • Options
    cat16cat16 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for a little feedback....What price should I expect to pay to make a good deal?
  • Options
    Hi
    My best quote was $25000 OTD and then to do my Trade in of 2001 KIA RIO which has 74000 miles on it.
    Let me know whether it is a good deal and also let me know what will be the best price for my trade in
    Thanks
    Priya

:confuse:
  • Options
    THank you dreamchaser $22808.32 will be their price right? So that is amazhing for them let us see how it will work out ! :confuse:
  • Options
    sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Thanks for putting a halt to all that nonsense. I for one just passed on by when I saw all those caps being used. Could you possibly let folks know that the use of all caps makes for a hard to read post and it's also like shouting what you are trying to say. Most people, like myself, will just pass over all of it.
    Just a thought. Thanks.

The Sandman :)
  • Options
    gringo1gringo1 Member Posts: 72
    Alamocity:

monrio1@yahoo.com

I somehow can't get your email address to email you so can you email me?

Thx,
  • Options
    rodtxrodtx Member Posts: 7
    Take it to carmax and see what they offer. Sometimes they offer more than what a private party does!
  • Options
    Yes, that should be your goal. However, if the dealership is firm in their position, I'd get them to throw in some options. What's the name of the dealership that sent you the offer?
  • Options
    prugldiprugldi Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy (not lease) a 2007 Accord sedan EX I4 w/ automatic trans, no navigation, and no extra options in NJ. Carbon Bronze Pearl exterior with Ivory cloth interior. Contacted several dealers in NY and NJ and the best "out-the-door" price I got $22,542. That price is broken down as follows:

invoice - $20,042
    dest charge - 595
    7% NJ sales tax - 1,445
    doc fee - 199
    registration - 254
    NJ tire fee - 7
    TOTAL PRICE - $22,542

Is this a good deal? Thinking to pull the trigger but I'm not 100% sold yet. I don't want to do a trade in, and I want to buy with my own financing. I don't understand why registration is so high. Shouldn't I be able to transfer the plates from my existing car (a Honda Civic)?

By my estimate the dealer is making around $300 profit on the $20,042 invoice price alone (when calculating the 3% base MSRP holdback and the $750 factory to dealer incentive). But "true dealer invoice" is always difficult to calculate.

FYI, this price was from a Honda dealer in central NJ.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I think you're a bit high based on the invoice they're quoting you, and the fact that they don't seem to be giving you the rebate.

Registration is high on a new car I'm afraid. You'll transfer plates, sure, but you still have new registrtaion charges. Your tags will be more expensive next year too.
  • Options
    I agree that the price is a little high for a base EX without leather and navi. I would try to get the dealer to lower the OTD price to 22,000.
  • Options
    cars25cars25 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted a price of $19015 including destination charges for an Accord SE automatic. The price did not include any fees or taxes. I believe MSRP w/ destination was $22220. The dealer told me the price was only good through March 31st. Should I still be able to get that same price or say $18500? The dealer is in Bountiful, Utah. Thanks
  • Options
    ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    (PRIYATHY),

MY BROTHER AND A FRIEND BOTH GOT ACCORD EXL 4Cyl N0/NAVI FOR $23500. OTD, A COUPLE OF MONTHS BACK ALSO IN SANTA CLARA.
    SO I WOULD NOT PAY MORE $1K FOR NAVI.
    :shades:
  • Options
    Hello friend,
    It was Larry Hopkins Honda in Sunnyvale
    But they were very firm and I went and purchased this deal that was a graphite pearl color with grey leather interior with navigation System

I tried asking them options but that was it !!
    It was of no help!

:shades:
  • Options
    gilroy - $25700 (OTD)
    dublin- ($23,505 + T&L)
    livermore- $23600 + T & L
    Sunnyvale -$25000 OTD
    Fremont - $25480 OTD
    bruno - $25480 OTD
    Stevens creek - $26000 OTD
    Ocean - $25700 OTD
    Menlo - $25400 OTD

:blush:
  • Options
    abhinaikabhinaik Member Posts: 29
    I got mine for 20000 OTD. Included price, destination, tax and tag. Also included dealer accessories: mud flaps, wheel locks, pinstripe, window etching and security guard.

I think you should calculate your absolute OTD price and negotiate accordingly.

BTW, I am in PA
  • Options
    Yes, they are...

This is a very narrowly focused discussion.. Furthermore, it's topic is for a very popular vehicle. Filling up the discussion with personally directed and off-topic posts is frustrating for a large number of readers.

This is as clear as I can make it. If you don't understand, or have issues, feel free to send me an e-mail, but please stop these sort of posts.

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gringo1gringo1 Member Posts: 72
    Well, alamocity, the email function of carspace is disabled because the site is undergoing maintenance.

Therefore, if you are reading this forum, and have info about Texas Honda dealers who are dealing discounts in Accords, please email monrio1@yahoo.com

thx,
    gringo1
  • Options

2007 Honda Accord
    EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
    MSRP Invoice
    National Base Price $24503
    Destination Charge $595
    Total with Options $25,098
    Do not pay any $$ more than $25,000 If u are a good bargainer then you can get it for $25000 OTD !!!
  • Options
    Hi... THat is very cool...but they are very stern in the price did u buy it from stevenscreek honda? i bought from larry hopkins sunnyvale...

EX Automatic w/Leather $23,696
    2WD 4-Dr w/2.4L gas engine & 5 Speed Automatic w/Overdrive transmission
    So looking at your deal which is $196 below invoice cost you got it OTD which is literelly excellent deal

EX Automatic w/Leather and Navigation System $24,503 *
    2WD 4-Dr w/2.4L gas engine & 5 Speed Automatic w/Overdrive transmission
    Mine actually we paid $503 over the invoice but it was OTD...So i am consoli9nmg myself saying that it is a good price !

:)
  • Options
    tony5555tony5555 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am looking to buy a 2007 HONDA ACCORD COUPE EX-L V-6 AUTOMATIC WITH NAVI I was qoated 25,712.00 PLUS TAX AND LISCENING AT A DEALER IN THE BAY AREA IS THAT A GOOD PRICE OR CAN I GET A BETTER PRICE? PLEASE HELP ME OUT THANKS IN ADVANCE