Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• yxk9969yxk9969 Member Posts: 12
    Just MSRP without any fees and documents.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Honda never has "rebates" - just dealer incentives and discounted financing. You can check here at Edmunds:

at this link

to see what is available. I tried a couple of LA ZIP codes and it shows NO dealer money on Accords. Most of the rest of us live in areas where $750 in dealer money is available. This is not news as Honda has been doing that for a few months now.

Your dealer could be getting $1k per car from Honda and Edmunds has it wrong - or the dealer could be just saying it to try to get you to buy a car. If they will sell you a new Accord for invoice - $1,000 or so including destination and dealer fees, then you will know they are serious :D. If they offer you a much higher price, then maybe they have it wrong?

Dennis
    Could be lots of things.

You don't say in your profile or message where you are located. Check the Edmunds incentives page and plug in your ZIP, perhaps there is no dealer money on Accords where you live?

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/step1.jsp

Invoice is $25,414 (including dest.) and if there is no dealer money where you live, $25,800 for the car w/dest and dealer fee is not THAT bad - but you probably could do better.

If you do live where the $750 is available, then you may just need to find another dealer. Again, no one can recommend a better dealer unless you tell us where you live.

It could also be they are giving you way too much for the trade. Remember it is "wholesale to wholesale and retail to retail". If you want to buy the car for invoice or less, expect them to give you book value trade value or less. Use the look up here at Edmunds, KBB, NADA, and black book to honestly evaluate the trade value of your car. If the dealer is offering "too much" then that is why they can't discount the car. Take it buy a Carmax (if one is near you) and see what they will pay you for your car. Compare that with what the dealer is offering.

As was mentioned, you have to deal the price on the new car first. Once you have that, see what you can do on the trade. If someone offered you the new Accord for $24,800 or something be prepared for a really low (auction price) on the trade.

You also have to have a partner to dance, around me the Honda dealers just do not deal low - not even on the last day or month and quarter. Go a few hours down the road and you can get a much better deal without any hassles. If you are banging your head against a dealer that will not deal low, you are just wasting your time trying to get a better price.

Dennis
  • dalindalin Member Posts: 9
    for newcrvguy,

which dealer did you talk to, the price look pretty impressive.
  • dachdach Member Posts: 4
    Three Cincinnati OH dealers quoted same price.
    $18,900+ doc fee.

Took '94 Accord to each to get trade in value.

MSRP of the car I bought including Honda accessories($174)was $23,394

After a little bit of back and forth, the best deal was:

'07 SE incl doc fee $19,000
    '94 Accord trade in $3,000 (higher than Edmunds or Kelly trade in value)
    Cash difference; $16,000 plus tax and title

The best negotiator for the trade in value was the door. I always got a better offer as I was leaving.

Thanks everyone for posting your actual deals. I'm sure the hour I spent reading saved me money. Most likely someone could do a better deal, but this was close enough to make me happy. :D
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    That looks like a great deal... Which dealer?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• accord2007accord2007 Member Posts: 2
    Recently purchase Accord in Virginia, here my breakdown of what I paid.
    MSRP Including Destination Charge $22,220
    Options
    Door Guard $199
    Pin Strip $199
    Wheel Lock $199
    Total with options $22,618.00
    Edmunds Invoice including Destination Charge $20,196
    I Paid $18,394 Including Destination charge and above options
    3% Virginia Sale Tax
    $249 Processing Fees
    Dealer License Tax $40.74
    Tag/Title $39.50
    DMV filling fee $10.00

My out of door Price was $19,292.53
  • murfsurf3murfsurf3 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 LX 4 Door 4 Cyl Automatic in Graphite Gray from Perf. Honda in Ohio. I started with internet requesting quotes via autobytel then reviewed dealer stock and made an initial offer as shown below. Result I think was good deal:

Car LX with no other options except I got 100,000/7 Year
    $0 deductible hondacare long term warranty plan

(Base MSRP = 20925 = w/o Dest of %595
    Final MSRP = 21520 includes Destination
    Invoice = 18864 without destination
    Invoice = 19460 (with destination)
    Tax = 1200 (6.5 % Ohio county)
    title = 275
    temp tags = 25

What did I pay?: 19500 Out the door ( and 900 more for ext warranty to get 7 years at $0 deductible hondacare warranty
    Car $18100 includes dest
    Tax; $1200
    Title fees: $ 200
    For an out the door cost of 19500 used 4.9% APR 60 month
    After acceptance, I added 900 for the 100K/7 year $0 war.

Basically this means I got the car itself for
    19460 - 18100 = $1300 Below invoice

Haggle by phone and at store:
    Intial dealer offer: $20500 out the door
    My intial offer : $19000 stressed as out the door
    Dealer explained : $19950 is best we can do

Dealer stated they were deducting 750 fact-to dealer
    incentive and a sales contest of 300 and the 3%holdback
    I said it was still high\& left as it was closing time

Dealer called back next day: $19780 is possible
    Internet sales rep next day: $19650 is absolute best
    I went in again and offered $19500 Firm OTD
    Offer was accepted, took 3 hours to get car ready.

I offered 900 for warranty to finance officer, and he
    accepted since his cost =780 they normally chg 1600
    if not questioned he said....

**** A big help to me was to use a online loan calculator
    and make a 1 sheet easy list to show what monthly pmts would be for incremental loans of 18000, 18500, 19000 etc at diff APR% rates and then figure what different cars would cost/month and so I knew what another 100 would mean on each car in terms of monthly cost to me when negotiating
    I found Camry LE was highest
    Altima about same
    Accord LX was next lowe due to 4.9%
    Sonata was next
    Jeff Wyler Honda
  • nighthawk326nighthawk326 Member Posts: 27
    Is this car I4 or V6 engine? From the MSRP price, I assume it's a V6. If it's a V6, great deal and great job!
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Good grind,man.
    It not a great deal, but it is a typographical error.
    (I'll blame it on the bifocals)

I4 engine. MSRP $22,220 plus $174 Honda accessories = Total MSRP $22,394.

The rest of the numbers are correct. I concentrated on the cash difference price. First Honda I ever traded in. $3000 trade in value on a 13 year old car was pretty good,or so I thought.
    Thanks for noticing
  • nighthawk326nighthawk326 Member Posts: 27
    $3k for a 94 Accord trade-in is awesome!!! Good job!
  • accordion2007accordion2007 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Accord2007,

I am in Virginia/Hampton Roads Area, and interested in buying an Accord LX ASAP. Can you please tell me from which dealer you bought your Accord from? thanks
  • dannyiidannyii Member Posts: 3
    Hi all. Anyone has an idea what is the price for Auto SE V6 in central Florida. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • nircdocnircdoc Member Posts: 26
    You can definitely do better than that. the best thing to do is email the 10 closest dealers for quotes. Dont even mention your trade. THe internet departments are usually pretty good. THen bounce the prices back and forth until you get the best price. Then goto the dealership with that price and start discussing your trade. $2000 is alot of money. I got my Ex-L V6 for $23695 last month and that was on a lease so on a purchase you sshould be able to get that easily. (Some dealers will claim the $750 is only on a purchase not a lease and some will give it to you)
    Good luck with the purchase.
  • rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    Take a look at message #1283 in the Lease Questions forum for a report on an SE-V6 price ($20,200) in Orlando.
    Off topic. We were talking about the wisdom of paying $1,500-$2,000 or more for an OEM NAV system, when you can get a Garmin for $200 or less now.

I have had OEM NAV systems in a couple of cars and they had the road detail when you VIEW the maps but can't navigate off the beaten track. Garmin has the maps and CAN navigate to the small roads in small towns.

Can someone with a Honda NAV put in this address:

104 S Madisonville St
    Crofton, KY 42217

and see if your NAV can plot a COMPLETE route to it? My OEM Mazda system could not, while all my Garmins can. I had the same type problem with my BMW OEM system. It will say "can't provide complete route" and when you preview the route it says stuff like "continue on unknown road".

I am wondering if the Honda NAV system is more complete that the others I have used in the past. This is just the address to a gas station/market I stopped at a couple of weekends back.

Thanks,
    Dennis
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Can someone with a Honda NAV put in this address:

My Accord Nav can find it. It is not on a digitized road but it plots a route and shows it on the map. I'm almost 2000 miles away. :)
  • heathtdheathtd Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the responses. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back.

I am attempting to trade in an '05 F-150. Retail (KBB, NADA) is over $28k, private party is over $26, trade in is right at $23k, but they wont give me more than $22k.

I was just looking for $22k (truck) and my buddy that works for Honda told me not to pay more than $24,500 for it ('07 EX v6). Seems like I may be making the trip (8-9 hours) to purchase from him after all.

Any other suggestions?
  • heathtdheathtd Member Posts: 3
    Was the $23,695 the base price for your EX-L v6? Meaning, did you start there if you added any extras, or did that include some extras with it?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to do that this evening when I get home from work.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again!
    The trade complicates things. Can run up to Columbia and see what Carmax will give you for it? Around here, they USED to pay KBB trade money but recently the amounts they pay have dropped to about "auction value" - but it might be worth a trip.

In my state, you get a tax credit for a trade in toward the purchase of a new car. So if they gave me $22,000 in trade I would save $1,540 in state sales tax - so that would be like selling it for $23,540. If it is like that in SC then use you tax rate to see what the trade is really worth, including the tax credits.

The invoice on an 07 EX sedan V6 w/auto is $25,414. Using a Charleston ZIP code Edmunds incentives pages shows $750 in dealer money on the car (assuming you don't do the cheap lease). So $25,414 - $750 = $24,664 would be a good price for the car, including destination and dealer fees. Sure, some have posted lower numbers - but if you could get this price and what you needed out of the truck it would be an OK deal.

You could try to get a price from carsdirect.com and get "dealer price quotes" from here on Edmunds and see what comes up. Others in your area, now that they know where you are, may can suggest dealers to talk to.

You want to get the best price for the new Honda, then mention the trade and negotiate that. If you talk them down to invoice - incentive (or less) on the new car then plan on $22k or less for the truck.

Check cars.com, autotrader.com, and the local paper for what similar trucks are selling for (at least the asking prices). You may be better off to sell the truck yourself to maximize your money. If you don't have title in hand, you can go through a dealer to do the paperwork (they essentially buy your car for the amount owed and sell it to your buyer). The one I have used charges me around $300 for the service, which includes sales contracts, temp tag, overnight shipping of paperwork, etc.

No matter what the "book value" of your truck is, all the current Ford promotions really hurt the resale value. They are offering 0.0% for 60 months or 1.9% for 72 months or $3,000 cash back on a NEW one - which means folks will want a real discount to buy a used on.

Dennis
  • zrokewl299zrokewl299 Member Posts: 4
    Where is the best place to find invoice pricing on Accords?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Edmunds.com

Naturally....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• accordvaaccordva Member Posts: 2
    I live in Hampton ,VA and am looking to purchase the 07 EX-L V6 w/navi automatic. Where did you buy ?
  • bach6bach6 Member Posts: 5
    If you can drive to Atlanta, request a quote from Gwinnett Place Honda and Mall of Georgia Honda. I got the same car you are looking at for $23772 including all dealer fees and destination at Mall of GA Honda. Deal with the internet sales office and tell them your friend (me) got the same price. Dealer options included were splash guards, pin stripe & trunk mat.

Put your truck on ebay for no reserve and place the opening bid price at the minimum you'll take for your truck. You'll have no trouble getting better than 22K - you are in the South and pickups are king!

Good luck
  • nircdocnircdoc Member Posts: 26
    heathtd:

Base price was 23100, plus destination of $595 = $23695, included wheel locks and splash guards. Hope that helps. I had a quote from one dealer for that, took it to the dealer closest to me and they matched it. I love the car! Hope you can say the same soon
  • rajjarrajjar Member Posts: 4
    Having a tough time getting a local dealer to sell this car for 22,295.00 (includes destination)plus TT and L. I don't think it is unreasonable considering message #14998 purchased a V6 for 23,695.00 and that included wheel locks and splash guards. This is in the Houston area.
    Put your truck on ebay for no reserve and place the opening bid price at the minimum you'll take for your truck. You'll have no trouble getting better than 22K - you are in the South and pickups are king!

Works well if you have title in hand to exchange for cash or (real) cashier's check. Can be hard to do a private sale if the title is in the hands of a bank. The buyer might not go for handing off the funds and letting the seller use the money to pay off the loan - and wait weeks for the title to arrive.

Dennis
    If I posted that I got the car for $21,500 would that drive you nuts? You can't worry about what price someone POSTs that they paid. They may have a trade, they may live in a different area (different incentives), and they may have put in the wrong price.

Invoice on the I4 EX-L w/auto is $23,291. If you put in a Houston area ZIP on the Edmunds incentives page it shows the $750 dealer money. So a good price would be invoice less the incentive, or $22,541 for the car with destination and dealer fee. Could you maybe get a better deal? Sure, but it may be not be reasonable to expect it. If you find a dealer who will go $22,541 I would take the deal and enjoy your new Accord.

Dennis
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Have you considered looking outside the Houston area? May want to expand your search to the San Antonio area to see what they offer.
    Holmes Honda over in Shreveport used to (maybe still does?) offer really nice prices as well.

Dennis
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    There are ways to deal with this. I've sold a non-paid-off car to a private party and the bank sent the title directly to the new buyer's bank and the cash overage to me.
    They do not have to rely on "trusting you" if you do the right paperwork.
  • zzzooomzzzooom Member Posts: 17
    State Line Honda..just across the VA border on Hwy 168 (a.k.a. battlefield blvd).
  • poepoe1771poepoe1771 Member Posts: 14
    Mindaugas, what does that price include? Destination? Doc? Or is that the base price plus all that other stuff? I would greatly appreciate your help. What was the dealership you got that qoute at?
  • azimoazimo Member Posts: 3
    Not sure what model you are considering. I just purchased an 07 automatic value package for $17,200. This was purchased in Amherst, NY.

Good luck.
  • rajjarrajjar Member Posts: 4
    Got the car yesterday at 22,100 plus Tax, Title and License..Long story short..This dealership has two different locations. I visited the second dealership telling them of my horrible experience with the first dealership...The second dealership honored the price and was able to reduce the price because I financed through Honda which gives the dealership a kick-back. Also, the car had no extra dealer add-ons. I highly recommend this internet rep...He fought for me...BTW: The car would be perfect if V-6, but would require higher costs for engine and gas... :)
  • jak666jak666 Member Posts: 4
    Giving back for some of the useful info found here.

I just took delivery of a 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid with NAVI, purchased on 5/8/07. This was a straight cash purchase with no trade-in, no financing. Deal was consummated after a modest amount of haggling (). Starting point was Costco pricing at $29,885 for the car without the wheel locks. (The Window Sticker (MSRP) was $33,090, invoice $29,796.) Wheel locks were installed (List $98)

Final Price Paid $29,485.
    Savings $ 3,703 or 11.2%.

Transportation, taxes, registration & miscellaneous junk fees are not part of these figures. Dealer was Honda of Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose, CA. (owned by a big automotive group, Sonic Automotive).

Honda seems to be getting quite aggressive on the pricing B-4 the new Accords arrive later this year. Perhaps someone could comment on the current holdbacks/dealer incentives being ofered.

Thx & regards---jak
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Member Posts: 37
    hi Coach,

I'm trying to work the same deal and want to know if you can send me either the name of the salesperson and/or you name to my email address. They were very nice and I'd like to the purchase the same car from them. If you can help, please email

ibcd@hotmail.com.

Thank you.
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Member Posts: 37
    was this VP before or after Tax/Title/License and including destination?
  • aristotlearistotle Member Posts: 123
    Denver prices are higher than those prevailing at the coasts. I bought a 2007 LX Auto Sedan for $19000 + tax last night. I part financed it thru Honda Financing at 2.9%. Will take delivery today. Don't know if I paid way too much for this car.

Until 2 days ago I was looking at the Civic hybrid. But since there is a catch with hybrid rebates and AMT I chose not to buy the HCH. I then looked at the regular Civic. Most people seem to indicate that they really do not get more than 30mpg on the regular Civic. Decided to go with the Accord, a proven car with a bigger body and great in every aspect.
  • mars315mars315 Member Posts: 2
    How are these prices from Greensboro (home)/Martinsville, VA (buy)? First price is dealer price to me, the second is OTD, which includes taxes, etc. PLUS a $199 "Service Fee:"

Both EX-L Sedans with Navi, Automatic:

4 Cyl: $25,099 $26,181.79
    V-6: $27,722 $28,888.25

Thank You.
  • chromatin317chromatin317 Member Posts: 14
    yea the prices are really high because in LA area i can get a SE for 18300+ tax and like the LX is around 17200 that price
  • charlottehondacharlottehonda Member Posts: 1
    I would recommend using on-line quotes from multiple dealerships. From my research, the online quotes were lower and much easier then any quote I got from a salesman. For a EX-L (4cyl), I had two Charlotte, NC based dealers offer an OTD price of $24,700.
  • azimoazimo Member Posts: 3
    This price included destination charge, Tax/title was extra.
    Hi chromatin317,
    Wow! $17,200 is a great price. Is that for a manual or an auto? Does that include destination and dealer handling fees as well? I almost wanted to fly to LA to buy the car and drive it back, but did not want to put more than 1000 miles within a couple of days of owning the car. Also the cost of gas, overnight stay somewhere and the attendant expenses made me decide against it.
  • chromatin317chromatin317 Member Posts: 14
    Automatic with destination and dealer cost haha... well yea LA is more competetive theres like 4 honda dealers around my dealers all trying to cut prices...
  • mars315mars315 Member Posts: 2
    "I had two Charlotte, NC based dealers offer an OTD price of $24,700. " Is that with Navi or without?
    I can understand variations upto $500 in pricing between regions, but $1800? Isn't that a lot? In the year 2000 I went to Tulsa, Oklahoma to purchase my Odyssey because the price in Colorado was at least $2000 more. I hope Honda is watching this and will something to make prices a little more even across regions. I understand that there are more dealers in big cities and hence more competition among them to get the customer. Perhaps there are a lot more unsold Accords in the coasts and they need to clear them to make way for the 08's.
  • mindaugasmindaugas Member Posts: 10
    It was Honda on Grand in Elmhurst,IL. Salesperson told me that I have to add TTL and doc. fee (no destination fees
    ,according to him ). Really nice dealership and nice people to deal. But unfortunatelly I'm considering other vehicle right now . As far as I can remember , it was new Accord VP A/T . But it was a while ago and I would reccomend to check with them. Sorry !