Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hostnesshostness Member Posts: 22
    Thanks a LOT. That actually changes my perspective on this.

Which dealer did you get your VP from, and how were they?
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Member Posts: 37
    Oakland and they were pleasant/easy to deal with...got to know my salesperson well and a few of the other folks. I had the option to buy the same (stripped down VP) for 16K + TTL from another dealer, but that's another story.
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    O.K. here's what to do. See if "Shakey guy" has the car in stock. Offer him $18,300. Assess what happens. If his offer is 18,400 tell him you want to think about it. Go to your car and call the 18,600 guy and see if he can beat the 18,400 you just got offered. Assess what happens and take your pick. I would make sure both dealers have the car so they can't back up on you. Hope this helps. Just write a check for the otd price. The best price is the lowest net of dealer fees.
  • hd9691hd9691 Member Posts: 18
    Was it an SE V6 that you bought?
  • prsiiprsii Member Posts: 15
    When you quote figures like 18.1 on East Coast and 17.3 on West Coast + TTL, are you including doc fees the 18.1 and 17.3 figures?

Are doc fees taxed (or are they added on after taxes)?
    this doesn't include doc fee...but the doc fee was $55 for Bay Area and $165 (including license/registration fees) for my East Coast purchase. The doc. fee should be around $50, generally speaking...or ideally $0 (after negotiation). - Basically, the doc fee should be very minimal, if not $0. I don't have my contract w/ me, but the doc. fee should not be taxed. Others on the forum may be able to answer this.
    Nope, the 4-cylinder which has enough power for me...and will consume less gas.
  • hd9691hd9691 Member Posts: 18
    The one I helped a friend got was SE V6 for 21.5k OTD.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Is there anything I can say to get this lower, or get any extras (floor mats, etc.?)

Don't let them convince you that they will throw in the floor mats for free.... they already come free with the car. ;)
  • enshejiangenshejiang Member Posts: 2
    Could you PLEASE email me your Invoice/Buyers order proof that you obtained this vehicle at this price!?PLEASE!!! My dealer said he will meet that price if I can provide paperwork from other dealerships with a lower price on the same vehicle. Can you PLEASE email me your paperworks that you obtained this vehicle at this price!? Thank you so much. Please email it to esjiang@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance
    BTW I am a foreigner. I am not good at negotiate with a dealer.
  • gpsacgpsac Member Posts: 98
    Recieved the following email today from a local Orlando dealer I had requested an online quote from last month.

Memorial Day Sale!!! Now through May 31st

2007 Honda Accord models
    $1,700 BELOW INVOICE
    That's a total savings up to $4,314

Huge Discounts on many other Honda models!
    (excludes Civic Si coupe, CR-V, & Fit)

Print this email and present it to any Sales Manager
    Dealer in NC has told me Honda holdback is 2% (not 3% as shown in

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incentives/holdback/index.html

Dealer has also told me that all dealers in NC and SC are assessed $115 regional advertising fee.

Can anyone validate this?
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    The 2% Holdback is correct and has been since this past winter. Edmunds just never updated their chart.
  • kmwvmakmwvma Member Posts: 6
    Finally took a test drive today at my local dealer. I was sold on the EX-L V-6 Manual, but when it came time to deal, the dealer offered a quote of 1,117 over invoice (I live in rural AZ). I got in my car and drove off.

Price: 25,937.47
    Trade: 2,100 (I know I can get 3K on a 95 LX w/93K miles)
    ESP, Insurance and "other": 395
    Taxes and "fees":2,022
    Total:26,254.67
    Anybody have an experience buying this vehicle or know of a previous post? I think I can do much better dealing with the several dealers in Pheonix (3 hrs away).
  • ainslbainslb Member Posts: 11
    What are the prices that have been obtained on this model? Especially in Texas and Arkansas.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Have seen some models here that are between 5 and 7 thousand below MSRP at a dealership here in San Antonio.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    How close are you to Shreveport? Holmes Honda has been known to make some nice deals in the past. I am not a customer, but I received quotes from them over the years.

Dennis
  • aristotlearistotle Member Posts: 123
    Could you post the name of the dealership please. Which model and what was the price that you saw at the dealership?

Thanks.
  • smccafferysmccaffery Member Posts: 6
    :) Just drove my new SE V-6 home. Thanks to all that posted prices paid. It really helped. Dealer started much higher until I showed him this website and said I was going to email local dealers to get offers. Here is my breakdown:

SE V-6 10 miles on it! No Trade-in.
    $21,000 plus $50 doc fee, title, taxes and Lic including dealer options of Pin Striping, mud guards, trunk liner, wheel locks and tire pressure monitor. Sales manager broke it down as:

I paid
    $20,600 incl destination fee
    $400 for Pin Striping, mud guards,
    Tire pressure monitor, trunk
    liner and wheel locks
    $50 Doc fee
    $184 Title fees
    $21,234 total before taxes
    plus taxes

I probably overpaid a little, but I walked in and got it done in a couple of hours including test driving two cars.
    :mad: Some pressure in finance dept to take other add ons and they even tried to slip 2 add-ons totaling about $600, into financing agreement, which I made them remove to get back to the price the sales manager gave me. I would still recommend this dealer and my salesman, but as with anything in life, buyer beware and look over all documents with sales figures before you sign on the bottom line.
    Good luck to all!!!!
  • 1mr1mr Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all on this board I just returned home from helping a friend purchase the above. Price including Destination Fee $22,500+ TTL. Relatively hassle free transaction, no trade and had prearranged financing. Hope everyone can do as well or better. This was in Fresno CA. :)
    Dealership name is Gunn Honda. Feel free to email me for additional info.
    I hope your still monitoring the forum.
    Can you tell me the dealer you bought the car from in Raleigh?
  • hihiourhihiour Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted 19,200 (OTD)for a new 2007 Honda Accord Lx. I dont know whether I should order it. How about this price in DC? :confuse:
  • kmwvmakmwvma Member Posts: 6
    Just returned home from the dealer in Yuma, AZ. I bought a silver EX-L V6M for 24,527 (includes destination). Invoice was 24,820 + dest charge of 595 = 25,415. So, I figure I paid $888.00 below invoice.

They also moved from $2,100 to $2,500 for my 95 Honda LX with 94,000 miles.

Tax was 3% or 660 dollars (taxable amount was 22,027 with trade in). (Arizona hs reciprical state tax law with NC and I am Active Duty Military and not a resident here).

License fee was 19.85 and doc fee was 395.00 (which they would not deal on).

Not sure if I could have done better, but was shooting for 23K with my trade - I walked out paying 23102.66 with trade in. The car rocks. Thanks for the help here, no idea that Accords were going for so much below invoice until I started reading this forum.
  • bernardk99bernardk99 Member Posts: 2
    Landmark Honda, Alexandria, Virginia
    You can email me for salesperson's (who was fantastic) phone number.
  • jimfireftrjimfireftr Member Posts: 26
    Bernardk what was the negotiated price prior to taxes and fees? Thanks
  • bernardk99bernardk99 Member Posts: 2
    $19,738 + taxes and fees
    ask for jay, he is great to work with.
    Now that's a buy! Good job!
  • hardyplayerhardyplayer Member Posts: 1
    Just bought @ Planet Honda in NJ.
    MSRP: 21,420. (w/ dest)
    Edmunds invoice: 19,473.
    Sell Price: 17,795. (w/ dest)
    Other Fees: 289. doc + reg + taxes
    Dealership Business Development contact was a straight shooter.

Based on forum info my target was 1,500. below invoice with a doc fee of no more than 100. With a 289 doc fee that figures to a sell price of 17,784. So I bought at $11. above my target. Close enough.

Wishing y'all a good shopping experience.
  • yxk9969yxk9969 Member Posts: 12
    Deal: $18,426
    Destination: $595
    Tax: $1,331.47
    Document Fee: $199
    Tire Fee: $7.50
    4 yr. Registration: $254

Total OTD: $20,812.97 with 2.9% Rate
  • hazy1hazy1 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought my car yesterday in Laurel, MD

Black on Black
    Car price - $21,571
    it came with wheel locks and splash guards - add $232
    I added a spoiler - $641
    Lo-jack - $595
    Freight - $595
    Processing Fee - $99
    Tax - $1156.90 (MD 5%)
    Title, Tags, Registration - $166

Out the door - $25055.90

Any comments on the price I paid??
  • sreedevi4sreedevi4 Member Posts: 12
    I bought an Accord EX 4cylinder for 21,500 out of the door in MD yesterday. I am debating whether to get gap insurance.. I have financed the car with Honda on a 4 year, 4.9% loan,

Assuming the car depreciates to 15,000 in 1 year (which, hopefully, is an overestimate), I will break even in 1 year (i.e., the money I owe to the finance company will be less than or equal to the depreciated value of the car) .

So, any suggestions on whether to take gap insurance or not?

TIA
    sree
  • aldatx4aldatx4 Member Posts: 9
    I was just quoted $24,514.57 from Brandon Florida Honda on the 2007 Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan. This does not include tax. what do you guys think of this price? thanks, newbie here!
  • accordvaaccordva Member Posts: 2
    I bought an EX-L V6 automatic with navigation system in Newport News , Va. for $27,400 OTD.

Car Price $26,100
    Tax $794.98
    Processing fee $399
    Title &Regs $53.50
    Bus License fee $52.20

Was this a good deal ?
  • rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    I haven't read an AHFC financing contract . . . but the AHFC lease contract provides gap insurance automatically (at least in California). They don't call it gap insurance - it's called Total Loss Protection. So check it out dawg (how'd Randy get in here?) - maybe you already have it!
  • aristotlearistotle Member Posts: 123
    Hello all,
    I see prices of cars about 600 to 1000 dollars more in Colorado than on the coasts. Assuming that all dealers in the country get the same incentives from Honda to move the cars why are the dealers in Colorado so greedy?
    Colorado is just an example. I am sure the situation is the same in some other interior states.

I did not get too bad of a deal. I paid $19000+taxes for an LX Auto. But I had to work for it though. People on the coasts are paying less than that for an SE Auto which is at least $400 more than the LX Auto. And they don't even have to bargain. :mad:
  • oduwuoduwu Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for the 07 Accord EX Coupe (non-leather) for:
    MSRP $24,045
    Internet Price $21,400
    Doc Fee $250
    Options $1,078 (leather wheel, silver trim kit & spoiler)
    Total:: 22,728.
    Is this a good price?

I don't need a car right now, could there potentially be better deals at the end of the year? Waiting would also give me a chance to wait until the 2008 models come out to make sure I don't want one of those.
  • yousofaryousofar Member Posts: 8
    Just bought a 07 Accord EX, four door, auto trans, total otd 23807.52.
    car sales price:20.007
    mud mat+cargo mat+Pin Striping:750.00
    6 year/80000 miles extend warranty:1200
    State Tax:1200
    documentation fee:58.48+15=73.48
    trade in 1996 NIssan Sentra/151000 miles:-800

I am afraid I was fooled by the dealer and overpaid, sigh.
  • rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    Here's how to even the score just a bit:

Return your warranty to the dealer for a refund (yes, you can do this within the first 60 days). Go to the Saccucci Honda website and purchase it there. Same exact Honda-backed warranty - usable at any Honda dealer (don't let your dealer tell you otherwise) - can be bought anytime within your first 6000 miles and you still get the "new vehicle" rate. For the 6 year/80,000 mile coverage you bought: $560!

https://www.myhondawarranty.com/index.php

Click on "Buy Now" to enter your vehicle info and state, and you'll then see all the different length plans and the prices - don't worry, you haven't committed to anything yet! And here's a link to a quick FAQ: https://www.myhondawarranty.com/faq.php
  • yousofaryousofar Member Posts: 8
    Thank you very much. I will to that tomorrow.
    Shake it off. If it's the worst mistake you ever make you'll be doing well. I don't buy the warranty. I mean, it's a Honda. Cancel the warranty and consider not having a warranty. You've got 3/36 anyway. Or wait 5k before buying and assess if you have a good, tight car or not. Just my .02.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    You say at Gunn Honda? I've been at their site (and the dealer) and don't remember prices that low, esp with "1 simple price"! Can you be more specific? Thanks....
  • gibbyatxgibbyatx Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy a new accord in central texas (live in Austin, but will travel to San Antonio if needed). Was quoted 21,900 before TT&L in Austin tonight for EX model. Hoping to buy LX or EX at or below invoice. Anyone advice?
    I got a great quote in NoVa but we live in Florida. Will Honda dealers down here meet or beat that price? How would I go about asking them to do this? thank you!
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Go in to the dealer and make an offer to buy the vehicle for that great price you have. See if they'll take it.

The DC area tends to me more competitive (and hence lower prices) than FL, but try it. Worst they can do is say no, and counter with a different price.

You then get to decide whether it is worth the difference to buy it in Florida, versus buy it in Va and drive it down.
    They were running some great deals over the Memorial day weekend, not sure whether they are still in effect. Email me if you need further information.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Not if they learn where the quote is from - too far away.

Still, the idea is if one dealer could sell for that price then any could - except incentives can be regional. The dealer in VA could be getting more dealer money than your local dealers, so they could not match the price.

The other problem is that unless you "know" the dealer in VA to be on the level, you could do the travelling to get the good price and learn that they did not include destination and dealer fees in the quote (or something like that) and once in the door you can't get it as cheap as you though. They figure after you have flown or driven in, you are not likely to leave without the car - even if the price is a good bit higher than you thought. Not all dealers are like this, many give you a nice price and stick to it when you arrive - but there are some who play games, even with distant customers.

Dennis
    I finally found one that would kind of meet it- he met it but added in the additional 4% extra FL sales tax (sales tax is only 3% in VA). I thought this was pretty fair, but now I have that quote and now am boucing it off many dealers around this area... trying to get the 07 Sedan EX-L V6 automatic in Desert Mist color for under 25K out the door in the Tampa area. Does this sound reasonable?

Out the door means NO extra charges added on at the end, right?
  • faji_tamafaji_tama Member Posts: 5
    The best offer I've been given so far for a 2007 Special Edition Accord Sedan w/ AT (no accessories) is from Riverside Metro Auto Group (I'm in Cali):

Internet Price + dest fee: $18,529
    Total (tax, doc fee, license): $20,337.93

Gudy Honda and Metro Honda in Montclair have both said they'll match this price, but can't do any better. What do you guys think?
    Getting closer to the goal, any Florida people on? Do you think 25,500 OTD is a good deal for the v6 sedan Ex-L?
    I argued 3 dealers to that point today, but the one closest to me thought it was 3500 too low. He showed us the invoice and said his dealers would lose their shirt on that deal. We were like, oh well, we will drive an hour away and get the deal there, your loss.