Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sreedevi4sreedevi4 Member Posts: 12
    The folks at the dealership told me that Gap insurance was mandatory on leases but not for ppl who buy their cars. So, the AHFC financing contract does not have gap by default.
  • jalilijalili Member Posts: 16
    Just picked up a 2007 Accord SE 4Cyl, AT (4AT). No accessories, no extended warranty. Floormats included.

$18,300 including destination charge
    + tax + title + $55 doc fee.

Bought in the Bay Area.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I think you mean 5AT! :)

That is a GREAT deal, buddy. That price is close to what I've seen for LXs, not SEs, so you did great!
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Good buy,man.
  • faithleaffaithleaf Member Posts: 2
    very good price! I'm in bay area too and want to buy Accord recently
    Can you please let me know which dealership you went? :)
  • jalilijalili Member Posts: 16
    leave me your email (its private on your profile) and I'll give you the contact info for the dealer + salesman.

Although I will say Autowest in Fremont agreed to sell it to me for the the same price (actually a bit cheaper - 18250). I would go today though as it is the last day of the month. You probably won't be so lucky tomorrow.
  • aldatx4aldatx4 Member Posts: 9
    Bought the new Ex-L Sedan V6 Automatic today... Desert Mist
    Hassle free from Ocala Honda!
    22,900 Selling price
    plus Florida Tax (6% and $50)
    OTD for 25,250!!
    He beat my lowest price by $250 bucks! Great experience. Worth the drive up from Tampa, no one else would come close to that price here in Florida!
  • rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    Congrats - excellent deal!

Just to avoid possible "price confusion" or unrealistic expectations in other markets . . . I'm seeing approx. $900 difference between your selling price plus tax and your OTD price. Can you break this down so folks can judge whether your dealer's very low selling price was bolstered by higher than average dealer fees, dealer-installed options, etc?

Thanks! And regardless of my question above - $25,250 OTD is a great price. Shows what aggressive and diligent comparative shopping/negotiation can achieve!
    Hey there-
    22,919 Price of vehicle
    598 Doc Fee (very high- should have negotiated this a little down, but we were really haggling over the OTD price the whole time)
    6.50 State Tire and battery fee (had no idea what this was)
    ----------
    23523.58 Taxable amount (I think)
    1411.42 State sales tax
    50.00 County Sales tax (1% of the first 5K in my county)
    225.00 New Tag, Title, etc.
    40.00 Elect File (don't know what this was either, but didn't really care)
    -----
    25,250 OTD. That was the price we negotiated agressively for two days. I really tried to get 25K even but no one would touch that, most dealers told us good luck and told us to come back if that didnt work out.
    We got ripped on the $600 fee but we felt everything else was fair. Thanks for all of your help here. We were really happy! The car is just beautiful and DH loves the V6 and 244 hP. We did not trade in at all, keeping 2 92 Acura Legends- mine has 230K on it, still going strong, but need a little more reliable daily driver. (Hoses are all going bad.)

THanks again!

ETA: We got mud flaps and the cargo cover and a few other nice features (wheel locks, door guards etc.). He would have given us the one with the spoiler, pinstripes and a whole bunch more dealer features and at the center of the showroom for 25,500 (original price) but I really didn't need or want the spoiler.
    $23,517 + TTL for a an EX V6 Accord is still quite good.

He could say the car is $21,000 with a $2,500 doc fee, it'd still be the same. :)

You didn't do badly at all, so don't worry.
  • mcdumcdu Member Posts: 1
    I paid $25,699 + tax & fee in Riverside CA. $400 more than the one I found later in internet. Here is the dealer who asked for $25,288 + T/F
    Tony Woodard
    Internet Sales
    twoodard vacavillehmvw.dealerspace.com
    (707) 359-1719 Office
    Toll Free (877) 258-8516
    Vacaville,CA
    At $2000 under invoice (even after adding most of the big doc fee to the selling price) - I don't think he's doing any worrying!
    Thanks!! So happy we did well, and we can finally relax. Never bought a NEW car before, so this was up there with closing on a house; stressful experiences that are so wonderful when they are all over! :)
    "I don't think he's doing any worrying!"

LOL! ... 29 year old gal here! :)

Love my new accord. Good luck to you all in negotiating! :)
    Well, it appears your seemingly heart-wrenching experience paid off big-time. Congratulations, seriously! Hope to see you around some more of the threads! :)
  • faithleaffaithleaf Member Posts: 2
    my email:
    faithleaf2007@gmail.com

If i miss the deal this time, i will wait for 7/4 weekend, hope there will be new promotion that time. :blush:

Thanks a lot
  • tytxtytx Member Posts: 2
    I drove a new Accord home this afternoon for $23,174.02 OTD, which I think is a good deal.
    When I started searching two weeks ago, I browsed every post since early April in this Forum and learnt a lot from everybody. I felt that I have obligation of sharing my buying experience with you guys.
    I picked fifteen dealers around great Houston area from Honda’s web site and made requests for a quote for an EX-L I4 AT sedan without any option.
    Eleven of them responded. Their offering price (include $595 destination fee and options, if any) ranges from $21,791 to $24,779 with a median of $22,291.
    Tax rate here is 6.25%.
    For those who gives detailed fee schedules, Title ($33), Inspection ($21.75), Document ($50), Deputy ($5) are the same. Others (License, VIT, Bridge, etc.) are various. But, the total of fees ranges from $225.30 to $244.02, which makes not much difference in the OTD.
    The OTD, in turn, ranges from $23,389.25 to $26,567.93 with a median of $23,928.21.
    From these quotes, I thought I could strike a deal of a few hundred dollars lower than $23,400 easily. But I was wrong.
    The dealers who offer an OTD below $23,400 would not bargain; and, those who offer around $23,700 reduced their OTD only to around $23,400.
    The break through came in a form of “Memorial Day Special”. The dealer advertised "$2000 below invoice price":

Special Offer 21,291.
    Option (fabric sealant) 299.
    Total Price 21,590.

Sale Tax (6.25%) 1,349.38
    License 60.80
    Title 33.
    Inspection 21.75
    Doc 50.
    Deputy 5.
    Inventory 52.59
    Bridge 11.50

OTD 23,174.02

It might not be really $2000 off, but the offer is good to me. I paid cash no tread in.
  • jerryshenjerryshen Member Posts: 1
    thank you for the price sharing. just bought my 2007 accord vp yesterday for the same price. definitely can be lower, they dont even try to sell me the extended warrenty. but i feel good and it is a good car to me.
  • angelnangeln Member Posts: 1
    I also feel the obligation to share my experience with the forum since it provided most of the information I used to close this deal.

I drove home my EX-L I4 AT last night. This is the second time I shop for an Accord via the Internet (we have been a Honda family for almost 5 years, but we are now officially an Accord family). All negotiations were made by email. We agreed on the price and the dealer (Honda Mall of GA) met their promise.

Here is what I came out with:
    $21706 including destination charge, sunroof visor, mud guards, wheel locks, spoiler and cargo tray.

They got me on the doc fee (a very steep $499), but most quotes I received were about the same amount.

I got $2,000 for my 97 Civic which brought the OTD down to $21439.

Here is a summary
    21706 price including options and dest charge
    -2000 Trade-in
    +499 processing and document fee
    +1212 tax
    +21 License
    $21,439
  • slisstudentslisstudent Member Posts: 40
    Out of curiosity, I browsed through the incentives part of Edmunds and discovered that Honda has some generous incentives on the Accord. I have two questions: Which of the Cash to Dealer incentives is applicable ($750 vs. $1200) and secondly, can this be combined with the $750 Cash to Customer incentive?

If these incentives are able to be combined, I may have to reconsider trying to buy a CR-V.

thanks
  • frankcariofrankcario Member Posts: 41
    Please advise which Houston dealer you purchased from. I have been scouring the Houston Chronicle Saturday car ads for weeks and the Honda dealers here don't seem to advertise anymore.
  • tytxtytx Member Posts: 2
    Ad was sent to me by email. I did not know if they also used other media, since I communicated with dealers solely via internet.
    Give me a email address, if you want the name.
  • phunwinphunwin Member Posts: 1
    Just got mine today from John Holtz Honda in Rochester, NY, for $24,475 plus TTL, about $350 under invoice. Called a ton of local dealers, and had a hard time getting much below that. Actually, I worked them pretty hard just to get that (I pushed for $24K flat, they said "that would be financial suicide"). Sounds like that's a bit higher than some of the other prices around the country.

FWIW, a very good sales experience. No questionable fees, no hard extended warranty push. For anyone in the Western NY area, I'd recommend them.

And slistudent, I may be way off here, but I believe the $750 is applicable if you want the 4.9% financing, but they'll do the $1200 if you don't.
  • yauzasyauzas Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys, I've been looking in southern CA for a while. I was quoted $20,343 OTD for an Accord SE 4cyl MT sedan. After some haggling, they brought it down to $19,126 ($17,500+TTL) OTD. This is about $2000 below invoice, but I know that MT sedans are hard to sell and the 2008's are coming in soon. Should I take it?? I'm trying to go lower.
    That's a pretty good price. Just checked the incentives for my area and they are 750 + 750= 1500. Your getting close to the bottom. Maybe you can grind another 250 out of them. Good luck.
  • arnp99arnp99 Member Posts: 12
    I am looking at purchasing this and was told by salesman today this is a "rare car" because of MT. He is a large dealer and had none on his lot and was unsure if he could get one. Strongly advised me to buy sooner rather than later and cautioned I may need to wait for '08. Told him that would defeat my purpose of buying at end of model year and prior to new model revision. Anybody know how hard these are to find in midwest? Also wondering if anyone will give me advice on cash offer in light of new cash to buyer incentive? Thanks!! Threads are very helpful and hope to join the ranks of new owners soon!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If not trade and this is OTD it is a good price..
    It's not rare in the classic sense. They just don't have a lot of demand for manuals so they make less. Shop around some and see if you can find a dealer that has a manual in stock. A starting point would be $2300 below invoice. Sooner is better because of model changeover. Good luck.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Hope this helps answer your question.
    THE APR SPECIAL AND LEASE SPECIAL FOR ACCORDS NOW ENDS MONDAY!!!
    1200.00 Dealer Incentive for Accord Sedans EXCEPT for VP / LX / SE Accord 4cylinders.....and CAN NOT be used with the Special APR or Lease!!!
    1000.00 Dealer Incentive for ALL COUPES .....CAN NOT be used with any Specials!!
    See Alamocity's post. There may be an additional $1200 to grind out of them.
    Alamo, is the $1200 in addition to the $750 marketing support? Thanks.
  • cumcmecumcme Member Posts: 4
    I just bought XE-L I4 Sedan w/ AT in SoCal
    for $21,544.90 + TTL.

Selling Price: $21,544.90

+ Mud guard
    + Wheel lock
    + 6yr/80000 warranty
    + Alarm
    + Trunk Trey
    + TTL

OTD: $25,035.00
    Financed terms: 60 w/ 4.9% APR which comes to 377.02/month.

You guys think this is good deal?

thank you.
    Depending upon how much you paid for the warranty . . . you might want to look at message #15113 in this forum for some comments I made on saving money on the Honda Care warranty.

Enjoy your new car!
    "1200.00 Dealer Incentive for Accord Sedans EXCEPT for VP / LX / SE Accord 4cylinders.....and CAN NOT be used with the Special APR or Lease!!!"

I'm going to get a 4 cylinder SE sedan... this does not apply to me right?
    That is Alamo's info. Maybe he will respond. I infer from his post that the 1200 does not apply to the SE 4.
    That is my understanding that it does not apply to the 4 cylinder SE model.
    I'm not sure to be honest as I gathered the information from another website.
    Thanks for the info, man.
  • davidcarrdavidcarr Member Posts: 5
    i know i can get it for invoice easy at 19k but i am looking to see if i can get it for 19k otd. i know they have a ton of incentives but i was thinking about financing it through Honda.

with the 08s coming in august i figure they want to get the 07s off the lot asap. so maybe they can apply the incentives with the 4.9 financing.

i am in houston and am going to start emailing dealers monday on pricing. when i went in to gillman honda the were giving me a civic lx for 18k. it was 16k + 2k for all the taxes and what not. i thought it was a bit much for a civic. so i decided on the accord coupe

so what do yall think are my chances on getting a lx acord coupe for 19k otd?
  • davidcarrdavidcarr Member Posts: 5
    oh for the guy looking for houston area honda dealers heres a list:

gillman fort bend, sw and north

goodson south and north

mcdavid honda

russell and smith
    Today I purchased the 2007 Accord SE 4cyl MT sedan, in graphite pearl, with 3 miles on the odometer! I tried my best, but they would absolutely not go below $19,100 OTD. So I paid about $2k below invoice, I am happy!!

I'm not sure if they're standard with the SE, nor do I care about having them, but it came with the floor mats, splash guards, wheel locks, and trunk tray. I tried to get them to remove them to lower the price, but they wouldn't.

I put 0% down and used the 4.9/60 month financing. Payments are $360/month.

This forum is excellent. Thanks for all of your help.
    I think you "wrung" just about everything you could out of them. You did well. Enjoy your car.
  • faji_tamafaji_tama Member Posts: 5
    alamo, would you (or anyone else) mind explaining the whole incentive bit to me, and how that fits into price negotiations? I'm buying my first car soon... I was going to get an SE Accord, but the dealer might actually have a better deal on the EX now. I'm wondering if it's somehow related to the incentive bit. Thanks!
  • arnp99arnp99 Member Posts: 12
    If you look at the model of your Accord SE on Edmunds, click on "incentives". You will then be able to read about specific incentives available for that model. Near the bottom of the page, click on "about incentives & rebates". That screen gives a nice review of terms and helped me answer a few questions. Good luck!
  • driverfundriverfun Member Posts: 2
    The best quote I got so far from dealers in mideeast. Base price: 16736 (including Destination charge. OTD: 18,000 Sale Tax: 6%.

Should I take it?

Thanks.
  • irisfindcaririsfindcar Member Posts: 2
    Which state? I am looking for accord LX around DC area. Thanks.

The best internet quote I got for now is $17,785. Price does not include destination, fees, tax and tags.
    Bought in southern California. It was $17,500 before TTL, and this was for an SE. I was originally quoted $1300 higher though, so you can probably go much lower after haggling since it is an LX.
  • skp71skp71 Member Posts: 1
    I got a offer for EX-L V6 with navigation for $24,988 + TTL.
    This is in Westminster,CA.
    Is this a good offer? and what should I look for when they do the final out the door price?
    OTD should be pretty straightforward: in addition to sales tax your title and registration fees will be no more than $250 and you'll have dealer document fees of $55-75. That should be it! Watch carefully for any other "garbage" - excessive additional fees of any kind, dealer-installed options, warranty upsell (buy online if you really want it), etc.

Price looks good to me - altho I haven't been following the SoCal market recently. Enjoy!
  • kingsfan2kingsfan2 Member Posts: 22
    Has anybody gotten any pricing lately in N. California for
    a 4cy.EX-L w Nav AT? Have been quoted 23,995 at Honda of Oakland inc. Destination, has anybody heard better?