Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• faji_tamafaji_tama Member Posts: 5
    Ah, got it. Thanks arnp!
  • vin2007vin2007 Member Posts: 3
    Is it the OTD price you have been quoted for? If it is, probably it is the best price.
  • ex7ex7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am a new member of the forum. I purchased a 2007 Carbon Bronze Accord EX-L V6 AT this past weekend, as a college present to myself. This car is a blast to drive. I dont understand why everyone talks down on them now, I believe they are better than ever before. I currently owned an 2003 when I was 18 but it was a EX 4cyl, so I decided its time for an upgrade. The best part is listening to that distinct V-tec crank up. It sounds like an Acura. I was offered a quote for $24,448 without TTL. I think that is a great deal for the South.

I did have a quick question for those with the V6. In the morning when I pull out my drive way and drive down the road I noticed a slight vibration in my front left tire, but once I get to rolling for a minute, everything is smooth. I also test drove three other V6 accords and notice the same thing. Any ideas? :shades:
  • quick2k2ecotecquick2k2ecotec Member Posts: 12
    Is this thread for USED Accord prices too? I am looking for a used Accord, and would like to get an idea of what folks paid for their cars. Let me know if I need to make a new thread.
  • johnl617johnl617 Member Posts: 24
    Just came back from the dealership 2 hours ago.

Was able to get the 2007 Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L Automatic - Black on Black - $23,511 excluding TTL.

I thought this was a steal.
  • joecarsjoecars Member Posts: 1
    Paid $22,350 including destination charge. With tax/fees = $24,151 out the door in Columbus OH Honda East Columbus.

NO TRADE IN, NO FINANCING.

22350 + 250 doc fee + 1525.50 tax + 25.50 title fee.

Sticker was $25,645 including destination. I paid $700 less than Edmunds TMV!

!!!!Thank you Edmunds for this forum!!!!
    I'm a bit annoyed because I waited too long to purchase the SE that I actually wanted, and the incentives for last month ended (pushing my original quote of $20,337 up about $1k). With that increase, I just went for the EX (despite thinking that a moon-roof and security system don't justify the extra $1200) for an OTD price of $21,598.38, with floor mats and wheel locks thrown in. Thoughts?
  • adamr1adamr1 Member Posts: 43
    Who said the incentives ended?? They actually got better!
    The incentives for an SE? I know they added some for the EX models... oh, and also, I wasn't financing, it was a cash purchase, so I think I missed out on a few more that way
  • kingsfan2kingsfan2 Member Posts: 22
    23,995 inc destination, but was before Tax/Lic. What have
    people heard in N. California?
  • nouvaccordnouvaccord Member Posts: 1
    Have received 2 internet quotes for $21,970 + 3% tax, $ 199 process fee, including destination. Is this is a good price for Virginia? Are there current dealer incentives that will should bring down this price?
  • jimfireftrjimfireftr Member Posts: 26
    Best quote in Dayton OH for SE V6 $20,167(selling price incl dest) and prior to taxes/fees. OTD would be $21,770.64
  • poepoe1771poepoe1771 Member Posts: 14
    It depends where you are located. I just bought an EX-L 4cyl w/ auto trans yesterday for 21,000 plus TTL. The destination charge is included. The only problem is that the special financing is no longer available so I financed through my credit union at 5.9% for 60/months. I'm located in Chicago. The worst part about buying a car in Chicago is the taxes we have to pay 9%. I think I did pretty well any comments? :)
  • davidcarrdavidcarr Member Posts: 5
    1k under invoice is not bad at all but i want to get a lx for 19k otd or 20k otd
  • feng9889feng9889 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 07 Accord VP A/T for 15,900+TTL. I am in N. California. Hope it is a good deal.
  • johnl617johnl617 Member Posts: 24
    its only 1K? i took the TMV price of 25211 which was lower than the invoice price+destination charge less 1700 bucks.

I thought i was getting it for 1700 under total invoice + destination charge.......
  • motabapamotabapa Member Posts: 1
    Hi Feng, what dealership in Nor Cal was this. I am looking for a VP. Is this manual or automatic Transmission.
  • feng9889feng9889 Member Posts: 4
    It is automatic. They may not want me to post in here. I can give you more info if you can let me know where I should send it to.
  • davidcarrdavidcarr Member Posts: 5
    my bad i looked at the price off yahoo

what state?

i am trying to get a lx 4 cylinder for 19-20k otd
  • ahbengahbeng Member Posts: 3
    Drive home a new 07 Accord 4dr I4 EXL Auto. Love it. :)

Invoice price : $23,166
    Consumer report Bottom Line price : $22,414

Base Price : $21600
    OTD Price : $23700

Only 3 miles on the vehical.

This is at Bay Area, Northern California. Use Edmunds to send out quote requests 3 days ago with few dealers. Pick the best quote and go. They will try to call you, don't contact with them until you get a quote you like.

Dont forget to call insurance company before meeting the dealer. I was flip-flopping between I4 and V6 until I call the insurance company, I'll have to pay $350 more then I4 for my 6 months premium. So, the insurance company pick for me.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    So did you pay for the Consumer Reports "service" ?

I am a CR fan and a long time subscriber, but I don't get folks paying them for the new car pricing report. Right here on Edmunds you can find dealer incentives. You can find invoice prices lots of places. You can get Edmunds "what others are paying" prices and look at carsdirect.com for an idea of what you should pay. And finally, you can use this forum to see what folks are paying today for the same car.

From the looks of your deal, if you had gone in and offered them the CR bottom line price it would have cost you $814! It just seems like a waste of money to me.

Dennis
  • ahbengahbeng Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I paid $14.

I believe this time Honda give some incentive to dealers CR did not know. So, I don't blame CR. With the CR report on hand, I know where I stand. I see thing from another angle, with $814 below CR bottom line price, I know I'm not too far off.
  • jm18668jm18668 Member Posts: 2
    Dealers are charged advertising fees by the manufacturer on each car. These charges vary from state to state and are not negotiable. They will not be reflected on sites such as carpoint or edmunds. Just an example NC is $115 per car.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    jm,

Which dealership are you at?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Doesn't matter since every dealer in the region pays the same fee. The dealer selling the car will keep that in mind when they agree on their selling price. It is not as if the dealer across town can undercut him due to lower fees.
  • mpmspammpmspam Member Posts: 2
    I've received OTD quotes from various dealerships. When I walk in there to purchase, what other options will the dealership typically try to sell me?

I'm assuming warranty, and various things like floor mats, tints and other accessories.

I'm assuming that OTD already includes standard manuf. warranty and TTL.
  • rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    It is if you're firm! Otd includes std. warranty and ttl, and ALL dealer fees. Don't let'em mess with you. You were quoted "otd" - so "out the door" it is.

I'd hope your dealer would include floor mats at no extra charge. They'll probably try to sell you some kind of "protection package" (door guards, upholstery treatment, etc.) Maybe some kind of "rust proofing" depending upon where you live. If you ever think you might want an extended Honda Care warranty - purchase it online (you can do it anytime within the first 6000 miles) for less than half what your local dealer will try to charge you. Here's a widely recommended source:

http://myhondawarranty.com/
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Do you know how much you are paying for the car? You could get 10 OTD prices, pick the cheapest, and still be getting a bad deal. Always get the prices for the car with destination and dealer fee (if any) and compare those. The TTL stuff should be the same from any dealership and something you should know (or learn) how to figure for yourself.

Dennis
  • mminsapmminsap Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am also in the market.
    Can you send info regarding how you get it
    to fz828 at hotmail dot com.
    Thanks. Again, cong!
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I'd hope your dealer would include floor mats at no extra charge.

Floor mats come free with Accords so the previous poster didn't get any deal getting them "thrown in".
  • keval010keval010 Member Posts: 2
    I just paid a deposit for a 2007 Honda Accord Ex and I am still waiting for the Black color to come in. The OTD price that I was able to negociate was $23000 w/ no additional options. I wanted to know if I really got a 'deal' on this purchase. I am located in the Chicagoland area w/ taxes at 8%
  • yousofaryousofar Member Posts: 8
    I bought the same car in Chicago, it was around 2,0007 for the car+78.48 TTL.
  • keval010keval010 Member Posts: 2
    What was your total w/ taxes, fees, and no additional options? If less than $23000 please email me the dealer's location at keval010@gmail.com
  • andymit99andymit99 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Could you share with me which dealers offered you lower price on EX-L I4 AT.
    my email is peng0063@yahoo.com

thanks
  • andymit99andymit99 Member Posts: 2
    My email should be peng0063@umn.edu
    sorry about the wrong email I gave you earlier.
  • kingsfan2kingsfan2 Member Posts: 22
    In N. California, I was just quoted 19,703 for an EX-L AT 4cyl inc dest. before Tax/Lic and 17995 for an EX. Seems
    like prices have fallen here alot in the past few weeks.
  • vin2007vin2007 Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday I got my first car EX-L AT with Nav OTD 24,500. It's fantastic. I got it from S California-Los Angeles area. I do not know about N california. At that time, they agreed for the same price, but was not sure whether they are going to honor it. It is close to 3000 USD less than invoice. I think if you can make it 24000OTD, it would be fantastic.
  • brygobrygo Member Posts: 12
    That's a very good deal for an EX. Can you share the dealership name?
  • cminorcminor Member Posts: 1
    Hi, kingsfan2. This price looks really good for an EX. Could you share the dealer info with me please? My email is icminor (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks in advance!
  • drownfrogdrownfrog Member Posts: 1
    $20,100 OTD

Im in southern CA

for 07 Accord LX 4 coupe cylinder AT

how is it? too much?
  • tsx200tsx200 Member Posts: 16
    Hi kingsfan2,

Can you send me your dealership info? My email address is tsx200@gmail.com Thank you!

Thanks
  • sychinsychin Member Posts: 10
    Please send info to sychin@ureach.com Thanks.
  • hd9691hd9691 Member Posts: 18
    I got a quote for the same car 07 accord Ex-L Auto for out of the door $23,000 from gilroy honda.
  • chrylsersrt8chrylsersrt8 Member Posts: 31
    tell them you want to pay triple net

invoice (including destination)__________
    -minus holdback__________
    -minus dealer cash________
    +plus doc________________
    +plus plates_____________
    +plus state sales tax

This is the dealers true cost and some will sell at or below this price.

5 of the 6 hondas I have bought/helped buy in the last three years were at or below triple net

Do not let them confuse things with MSRP or
    "How much profit over invoice do you want to pay"

These are BS salesman lines to make you think paying invoice is a good deal.

Yes honda is the best product, but hondas allocation is all based on volume, NOT GROSS
    .... NO ONE should pay invoice for a honda these days unless they want to.
  • prsiiprsii Member Posts: 15
    Thanks chrylsersrt8.

Can you explain the term "triple net"?
  • vikavika Member Posts: 2
    This is out the door in south east florida, do you think its a good price?
  • chrylsersrt8chrylsersrt8 Member Posts: 31
    in simplest terms is the dealers true cost
    inv - holdback - dealer cash

use the term triple net with a dealer and he will know you know your stuff
  • vikavika Member Posts: 2
    How do you find out holdback and dealer cash amounts? Is the dealer obliged to tell you this information?
  • arnp99arnp99 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the posts in this forum which helped a great deal on getting a good deal on a new car. I purchased the above with splash guards and trunk tray in the midwest for $21,532 +TTL. I had contacted several dealers on line. Most were less responsive than if I placed a phone call. But did gather helpful information with these inquiries. Best of luck to those of you still shopping. Be informed, start low, be kind, and let them bid against each other. Good luck!!
  • kilnkiln Member Posts: 41
    The following cars are being advertised at $2000.00 below invoice: EX, EXL, LXV6, SEV6, EXLV6, and Hybrid models.

The catch.....$599.00 document fee :sick: