Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    David,

You should get quotes around $19.5K (I4, auto EX) however not sure if it's their bottom line price. Anything out of this range is high. The price does include their dealer add-ons.

This quote is about 22% off of MSRP however again must add TTL, dest & processing fees.

The $399 is a high processing fee. Suspect it may be negotiable if they have some additional money off available for the vehicle.

However a good strategy is price compare the quotes ($19.3K) with other dealers. Dealers will try to beat their competitors. Most MD dealers processing fees are much lower than VA ... believe they average a $100.

ddw
  • texashazetexashaze Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday I leased a LX 4 cylinder sedan. The radio advertised a $199 deal w/ $2750 + TTL so I came in to see the details. My plan was to trade in my 1995 Camry w/150k miles as a down payment. It was in bad shape but the deal was pretty good I thought:

$225 a month w/ $0 down and they got the Camry (thank goodness)

36 months at 12k miles a year

I'm not one to lease as this was my first. But I needed a good car cheap and as a business owner I was looking at it on a cash flow basis. My annual miles are about 10-11k a year so it seemed pretty safe.

texashaze
  • jetstream5jetstream5 Member Posts: 8
    We are also looking for a 2007 EX-L V6 in NJ. What dealers gave you the $23,915 quotes?
    Thanks
  • smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    ddwmew -

You mentioned being quoted $19.1K about two weeks ago, for an I4 EX. Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer? I can be reached at "dtay_us" at yahoo dot com.

Out of 14 dealers that I have contacted, I have received responses from 6 initially. For an I4 EX auto, the lowest sales price of just the car not including proc., dest., tax & tags, is $19.3K and the highest is $19.8K.

Some of the dealers didn't even had the courtesy to provide a quote and merely wrote to call for an appointment and/or to come in to the dealer to talk! :mad:

BTW, one dealer did offered the following:

LX V6 - $21,762
    SE V6 - $21,977

These prices include $299 proc. and $595 freight, but not tags, tax. I was surprised to see the LX V6 being cheaper than the SE V6; my guess is that it's been sitting in their lot too long.
  • frankcjamesfrankcjames Member Posts: 26
    Good evening/morning, folks -

After milking this board as much as possible and most likely driving everyone nuts in the process, we brought home the new family car. Final price was $21,795 OTD;for those of you keeping score at home, itemized was:

$21,000.00 base price
    $199.99 doc fee
    $595.00 destination fee

Also brought Benardi's price quote for 8yr/120K w/ $0 deductible Honda Care ($940),whic the dealer immediately matched.

Price isn't lowest in the country, but based on the contact I had with 8 dealers in town, 6 were willing to walk away once price went below $22.2K. The final two were $25 apart; the decision maker was to go with the dealer who made first offer,and ultimately underbid by another $50 (not so much the money but was willing to just cut the deal and get the inventory off of the floor).

If you are in the metro K.C. area, If you have done your research here and know exactly what you want (which most people here seem to fall under), then give Rolling Hills Auto Plaza in St. Joseph, MO a call. They did not spend any time upselling once we subtly dropped the warranty quote on them, so you shouldn't have to waste a lot of time there.

Came away with Carbon Bronze w/Ivory interior unit which was brought up from a rival dealer who we'd been touch with as well.

General note on pricing I saw in market: dealers on south side seemed to price higher. If you need additional info/disclosure, please let me know and I will be glad to help.

Thanks to everyone that offered advice tome during the last few weeks - will definitely be back here!

Cheers,

Frank
  • vrynicevrynice Member Posts: 22
    Willis Honda and Mike Piazza Honda right over the bridge in PA.
  • tirutiru Member Posts: 4
    Go to Route 22 Honda, NJ... u will get the Accord EX-L V6 for 23,500 + tax + doc

otherwise go to DCH Acadamy honda, route 9, NJ for online price...

these two have good deals...
  • charhondacharhonda Member Posts: 3
    Congratulation, Frank.

I am still hesitating on the purchasing time and the state. Since I am going to move to Kanas in August and do not know if it's not convienent to buy car in Missouri now. What did you get the final price from Independence Honda, $21845?

Did you finance the car and what's the car loan you got? I got 6.25% from Captial One.

Besides OTD, what else you pay at the dealership, like title, tax etc.?

Charles
    qye2008@hotmail.com
    Check your email ... let me know if you received it.
  • meghnapmeghnap Member Posts: 3
    My wife and I got Accord EXL, black in color and ivory interior from Freeman Honda. But we ended up paying $24150 (OTD) because the car we picked had moon roof visor, trim, spoiler and we also wanted to get tint on the car which added additional $1190. Without the accessories the car is prices $23072.08 (OTD) which they would happily give for the EXLs without accessories. The person we dealt with was Mike Allen. He's a great sales associate.
    All and all very happy car buying experience.
  • frankcjamesfrankcjames Member Posts: 26
    Char,

I got the final price from Rolling Hill Auto Plaza @ $21795.

No other fees other than what I'll need to pay in title, tax,license, etc in Kansas (7.4% of sales in my city,or appr. $1600). Didn't pay this at the dealership, so I'll take my iPod and stand in line at later this week in Kansas.

Credit score was good enough for 6.15% from Honda Finance.

That's all that we had to pay; no other details to report.

fcj
    ddmdew - Haven't received the email yet (checked my Inbox and Spam folder). dtay_us@yahoo.com is the address.

Thanks,
    David
  • smeezysmeezy Member Posts: 42
    What's the best price quote anybody received or paid for an Accord Coupe V6 LX? I'm in the market for one as of yesterday.
    Update 7/1/07 1:58 pm EST

Out of 14 dealers contacted, 7 responded. Initial quotes are as follows, for a 4 door I4 EX 5AT.

Dealer Sales Price Dest. Proc.
    Dealer #1 19,409.85 595.00 299.00
    Dealer #2 19,543.00 595.00 289.00
    Dealer #3 19,524.00 595.00 299.00
    Dealer #4 19,360.00 595.00 289.00
    Dealer #5 19,660.00 595.00 100.00
    Dealer #6 19,887.00 595.00 299.00
    Dealer #7 21,390.00 595.00 349.00

These prices do not include tax, tags.
  • dorkulodorkulo Member Posts: 5
    I just got back from the dealer and was offered $21,500 drive- off price for the car. This was in the southern California area too. Was wondering if this is a good offer? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
  • thezonethezone Member Posts: 26
    All.. new the the forums.

What is EX I4 model? When i research in Edmunds - the models i see for 2007 are LX, EX, EXL? what is EX I4?

Also - did anyone purchase an accord EXL in DFW recently and what was the price paid?

Thanks.
    I just got back from the dealer and was offered $21,500 drive- off price for the car. This was for an EX I4 model, forgot to add it.
    what an EX I4 is the type of engine the accord has. There's the I4 and the V6. :)
  • crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    I just returned from a pricing trip to Leesburg Honda and they are reducing the heck out of their Accords. All prices are written on the windshields and a quick view of the MSPR showed reductions are anywhere from $3-5k off sticker. I initially went to look at the new Scion XB's next door but was amazed by the flurry of activity on the Honda side. Ay 6:20 PM on a Sunday the place was jamming! I may rethink the Scion purchase and look at a loaded up EX. Some 07 EX auto's had prices of 20775. There were 07 Accords with prices of $17k Some V6's had $23k on them. They have a large Accord inventory so they might deal even further in the next few days. Just my 2 cents.
  • pg48477pg48477 Member Posts: 309
    Hi all, I'm looking to get EX-L i4 and not sure if I should pull the trigger now or wait for July incentives. In my research I found that dealer gets kick back of $750(that expires 7/02/07) and/or $1200 (expires 07/05/07). I'm not sure if both can be combined but by looking at what people getting it looks like it can. Any idea if incentives will get better or is tomorrow the last day to get the best deal?

Thank you
  • miamishapsmiamishaps Member Posts: 15
    I was shopping around 2 weeks ago for an accord EX, 4cyl, sedan and was quoted fully loaded, leather, nav, spoiler, the whole kit and kaboodle minus the wood trim for 23,995. Hope this helps you out there. This is under invoice and the TMV on the Edmunds site. My thoughts are that once the new model is available the 07s will get even cheaper. still a great deal on very seaworthy vehicle.
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    What is the current thinking as to whether the incentives can get larger than currently?
    Sent an email at 4:52 pm on 1 Jul 07. Did you receive it?
    ddwmew - I did and have sent you my notes in reply. Thanks! :)

Regards,
    David
    RE Incentives, the sales manager at a local dealer in N. VA that we visited yesterday mentioned that it's very likely after 7/5/07, Honda may increase the financial incentives to the sales people to move the cars. That's his opinion, obviously, as he didn't have any specific information either.

Regards,
    David
    thezone - I4 refers to the I2.4L 4 cylinder engine. The other engine is the V6.
    Thanks! that helps.

Also - in the dealer added accessories or requested ones. what is a good price for the following 2 items?

1. Tint.
    2. Honda Value Package(Door Edge Guards, Wheel Well Guards, Pin Stripes, Mud Guards, Floor Mats (where applicable), Wheel Locks (where applicable).

Thanks
    crazedcommuter - Leesburg Honda was one of the 7 Honda dealers that "reluctantly" responded to my request for quotes. When I say reluctantly, instead of giving me an actual quote via email, all the Internet sales manager wrote was "we are having a huge sale. If you want a great deal on the Accord, give me a call to schedule an appointment." :mad:

Anyway, I replied indicating his quotation was "incomplete" and he replied back with actual numbers. Looking at the quote, Leesburg quoted $21,390 + $595 freight + $349 processing + tax & tags for an I4 EX 5AT. Their $21,390 quote, not to mention the $349 processing fee, makes them the highest price among the responses that I received.

FWIW and FYI.

Regards,
    David
    Im in a debate with myself on whether to get a EX-L or EX. Here is what i see so far,

1. EX is cheap!
    2. EX-L is lot easier to maintain (with 2 kids < 5yrs old).
    3. How does the seat look over a period of time - say 6/7 years. Heard from other people that the leather loses its luster and gets worn and looks bad compared to a Cloth seats. is this true?
    4. Also - does the honda care cover the leather seats also?

thanks.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Leather can get worn, cracked and weathered by sun exposure in 7 years.
    Grape juice and cola drinks can soak through leather and stain it just like cloth. It is not stainproof. You will need to be careful with spills with both cloth and leather. You can spray ScotchGaurd on the cloth seats to help.
    You should probably get seat covers for either cloth or leather if you want the seats to still look new after 7 years.
  • 07accord07accord Member Posts: 4
    i got the LX V6 Sedan last week for 21,300 before tax, title, licence.

The price included destination fee.

I know you are looking for a coupe, and they are usually 200-400 more than the sedan in the same model.

Hope that helps.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Here's what I would suggest:

In the back seat, where the kids are, lay a large towel across the entire seat. It's what my parents did when I was a little boy (car-seat age). They had a Ford LTD with red velour seats. Do this, and get whichever upholstery you prefer. You may need to tuck the towels in tightly into the seat to prevent spillover, but the benefit is that you can remove them anytime you want to chauffer coworkers/friends around, and wash them if the kiddos spill part of their happy meal on them/it ( a beach towel would be best - large size ).

Personally, I have a cloth EX, and wouldn't trade it for a leather one. Leather is incredibly hot in Alabama (my home) in the summer. I also prefer manual A/C controls over the automatic controls in the leather models. The lower price is just a bonus.
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    My O2 EXL Has beige leather and it looks like new....But.... I've always had covered parking and a garage at home + no kids.
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    Speaking from experience, cloth is much better in the long-term than leather - even with kids! I've owned Asian, European, and domestics over the past 30 years with both types of seat material, and cloth always looks better after a number of years than leather, even with giving the leather TLC. Of course, you have to define "long-term" as it applies to you - 5 to 7 years? I have a 22 year old SAAB with the high-line cloth interior, and it shows almost no wear, and that's with 300K miles on the clock. That's with 2 kids during its tenure. It really depends on the quality of the cloth, and of the leather. But from my experience, cloth is the winner.
  • crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    Smackdog--Thanks for the briefing on Leesburg Honda. Their quote of $21,390 for an I4 EX 5AT is higher than the $20,990 written on the windshield for the same vehicle. It looks like they decided to knock another $400 off the price they quoted you. I have never bought from them, but I was there Sunday just starting to look for my XB's replacement. I previously purchased a new Scion from their Toyota/Scion shop in 2005 and it was an ok experience. Looking through the posts, it looks like you can do better in price at other Honda shops. Maybe there will be better incentives for July. Good luck.
  • andrefbrownandrefbrown Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased an 07 EX-L I4 with navigation. Was quoted 23,351 through their "internet" division. The only things not included with this price were tax, tags and registration and any accessories you desire. Was very pleased with the customer service at Northwest Honda in Owings Mills, MD. Everything was done through email and spent approx. 30 mins the first night to leave a deposit and 1.5 hours the next to finalize the deal.
    All

Did anyone get any deals on EX I4 by email or mail in DFW area?

Thanks.
  • smeezysmeezy Member Posts: 42
    What's included? Do they include floor mats, wheel locks etc?
    All,

This is the quote i got for a 2007 Accord Ex I4. (with tint, Honda propack, door edge guards, wheel well moldings)

car price (with dest) - 20,414
    Tax - 1,276
    Title - 250

Total - 21,940.

Is this a good deal or am i being played?

Thanks.
  • fxafxa Member Posts: 9
    I am looking for EX L4 2007 in the Houston area. Anybody, have a price quote from this area. Please, let me know. Thanks
  • fxafxa Member Posts: 9
    I you don't pls let me know which dealership you got this quote from, this is a better deal then what I've had.
  • chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    Meghnap, was that a 4 cyl EX-L or V-6? And Nav or not?

I am in DFW area and looking at getting a V-6 EX-L with Nav.

:confuse:
  • meghnapmeghnap Member Posts: 3
    Mine was 4cyl and without navigation.
    david mcdavid, irving.
  • dallas_cowboydallas_cowboy Member Posts: 10
    SE V6, $20,995 + TTL (Destination included)
    (Included are cargo tray, tint, door protection, wheel locks, wheel guards)

>>>> $22,700 OTD (Dallas 6.25% Sales Tax)

I thought this was a good deal (until I did some reading here ) and put 2K down but have not yet taken possession. So if I hear quickly from you guys I guess I can still back out if needed

Much appreciated!
  • orlando5orlando5 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to purchase an 07 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 with Navi (AT). I have been quoted $25,381 + Tax , Title and $599 (dealer fee).
    Is this a good deal with the marketing incentive of $1200 and 3% holdback? Based on the research I have done I think maybe $24,750 + tax, title with $599 fee is more reasonable.
  • 12bdriving12bdriving Member Posts: 24
    I am just getting started in my hunt for an Accord, EX-L V6 with or without navigation (could go either way...) I'm in Minneapolis/Saint Paul and there are a ton of them on the lots here. I'm curious what people think we will see for incentives in July and if there is any advantage in waiting till the end of the month or until August?

What is the lowest out the door price - title and taxes that anyone has encountered?

I would love to stay around $23,000 +TTL if possible...do you think that is going to be doable?
    I'd garner to say that most if not practically all dealers have some kind of "July 4th" special. One particular dealer here in the metro VA/DC area just sent out an email saying Honda has "challenged them to sell 120 Accords" so they're offering $3000 off invoice.
  • jeffp12jeffp12 Member Posts: 5
    Best price I received (on 6/20/07) was $21,405.51 +tt&l from Sterling McCall Honda in Kingwood for an EX-L Sedan 4cyl Auto w/ no dealer installed options.
  • fairshadowfairshadow Member Posts: 24
    Hi, i went to buy car, I was told that you must get draft from bank where I got approval for loan,within few days, else you would be in their loan terms which means pay according to their lenders which would be very high. I dont understand this. Normally how much time do people get to get draft from bank and give to this dealers. I told them I can pay deposit or 10-20 percent downpayment, but getting draft from bank might take time depending on how they operate, they might fax approval to them if they want. Worst case I wont pick from them until I get draft. Not sure how transaction work. can anybody explain me this.