Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sharadsharad Member Posts: 10
    Guys, This is my first time in the forum,
    I am looking to buy Honda Accord EX-L Auto- 4 Cylinder 2007

I got a quote from a dealer
    21990 (Excluding Sales Tax Documentation fees)

he has included 54$ for Documentation fees (Do i need to pay it)

Also if any one know if they have any cash back or Dealers special.
  • nighthawk326nighthawk326 Member Posts: 27
    People have been getting this model for less than $22,800 OTD (20,700 base + 595 freight + TTL). I also noticed that it is extremely difficult to find the LX V6 model. I've been to 3 dealerships, and only 1 of them had 1 car. Everything 07accord mentioned I have found to match my experience as well.
  • frankcjamesfrankcjames Member Posts: 26
    FWIW, our F&I guy matched the quote that we got from Benardi for our 8yr/120K w/ $0 deductible ($940) extended warranty, which I had brought a printout of, so we went ahead and rolled it in. The only thing s is that he asked to be able to make a photocopy of the quote to put in their deal jacket/folder. He didn't beat around the bush on it at all.

It pays to bring the printouts, I guess.

fcj
  • arnp99arnp99 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Sharad,
    I purchased the same about 2 wks ago in NE for $21,500 incl mud flaps and trunk tray. This included destination fee and doc fee. It EXcluded tax, title and license fees. Depending upon where you live, the $21,990 is probably a very good price. The incentives are just now changing. Watch Edmunds for specifics. At this minute the site says no incentives. Expect that to change quickly. Good luck!
    I am in Illinois State.

VEHICLE:
    Year/Make: 2007 Honda
    Model/Trim/Transmission: Accord Sedan EX-L Automatic Transmission
    Exterior Color: Alabaster Silver Metallic
    Interior Color: Black Leather
  • schwekschwek Member Posts: 2
    Perhaps you and I are in the minority in wanting to voice our frustration and anger with the F&I person's tactics.
  • thezonethezone Member Posts: 26
    Does anyone know when generally Edmunds posts the dealer incentives and if there is any other place where we can see the same sooner?

:confuse: :confuse:

Thanks.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Are you really sure you want an LX V-6 coupe?

Nothing wrong with these but they are really an oddball car. I can't remember ever selling one new and I've been at it 12 years in a vey high volume store.

Just might be a hard car to sell down the road, that's all.
    Recieved a new Quote for 21740.

Guys one question does the warranty rates differ from dealer to dealer??? I am in Illinois.

I am looking for Bumper to Bumper 100000K warranty.
    Or can i extend it later????
    Best rates on extended warranty are available at www.hondawarrantyinfo.com or www.myhondawarranty.com

Both these sites are honda dealers and sell the same "HondaCare" that you get at your dealer. "HondaCare" is valid at on all dealers across the country. Take a printout and ask the dealer to match it. (most dealers quote a ridiculous price for these).

You can buy the extended anytime before your orginial mfr warranty expires (prices may vary)
  • fxafxa Member Posts: 9
    Pls, let me know if you were able to find any new info on the incentives.

Thanks
  • briz2briz2 Member Posts: 42
    still waiting .. I am going to stop by the dealership on the way out this evening.
  • hbj2hbj2 Member Posts: 22
    I am looking to buy an SE I4/5AT. However, I have just moved to New Jersey. Can anyone tell me about dealers where I can get a good deal?

Also, a friend was suggesting that I look into buying from Pennsylvania. If I do that, would it entail re-doing TTL in New Jersey?
  • mgledman129mgledman129 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    Could you tell me what dealer, where, salesperson you purchased 2007 Accord EXL from. I am in market and live in Southeast
    Thanks
  • arnp99arnp99 Member Posts: 12
    Honda Cars of Bellevue, Bellevue, Nebraska. Don't recall salesman's name off top of my head but will get it for you if you really need it.
    ARNP99
  • wi_runnerwi_runner Member Posts: 6
    I have been reading for awhile now in anticipation of picking up a 2007 Accord to replace a 2003 Saab 9-3 because the repairs are starting to get too expensive.

Anyway, my wife and I couldn't decide between navi and non-navi so I have 2 quotes.

2007 EX-L V-6 Sedan w/ Navi = $24,384

2007 EX-L V-6 Sedan w/o Navi = $22,617

Those do not include a $49 doc fee or TTL, hope that helps!

I am also looking to add fog lights, rear lip spoiler, and homelink/compass/auto-dimming mirror. Does anyone have info on what reasonable prices would be for those items installed by the dealer?
    Just back from mcdavid honda here. After agreeing to beat another dealer's price with the same options over phone - wasted 2 hours of mine and came up with all possible reasons in the world. The other dealer is in a different state, so back to calling the other 2 local dealers, who were close.

Had to walk out! Better frustrated than sorry!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
  • cotmccotmc Member Posts: 1,081
    isell: The LX V-6 coupe has a moonroof and alloy wheels, correct? For what it's worth, if I was shopping an Accord for myself, that might be the same configuration I would choose -- depending on price differential from the EX V-6 model.
  • adamr1adamr1 Member Posts: 43
    I purchased my car from Planet Honda on Route 22 in Union. GREAT experience, this is my 5th Honda and by far my best sales experience. When I arrived at the dealership, everything was presented exactly as promised, and there was no pressure on anything.
    Ok Guys, Just for the information,
    I have finialized following deal

Honda Accord 2007 EX-L v4

I got it for 22223 (OUT OF DOOR PRICE)

Warranty : 855 for 7 year/100000Miles ( I recommend u all to visit the site www.hondawarrantyinfo.com and take a soft copy and tell them to beat this price, they will not beat but will match 100 more)

I will pick up the car tommorrow.

Good Luck to all of you guys and let me know if we have still a better deal.

THANKS EDMUNDS AND MODERATORS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I dont see any new deals announced for Accord so far - Pilot, CRV, Odyssey all have it. Does that mean there wont be any more discounts on Accords?
  • slisstudentslisstudent Member Posts: 40
    Imagine what it would be like if you had stuck around for the F&I experience?

There's an alternative to putting up with D/FW Honda dealer's, there's a no-haggle Honda dealership in San Antonio that has received very positive comments by their satisfied customers.

Unfortunately, these salespeople aren't posting their prices anymore because it appears that someone blew the whistle on them for violating Honda policy because they were advertising prices that were below invoice.

Anyhow, before the website was taken down, the San Antonio salesperson was advertising Accords below invoice. For example, he was advertising an EX i4 auto for about $300 over triple net price.

I should note that other than helping you become an informed consumer, I have no personal gain from sharing this information with you. If you're interested, send me an e-mail and I'll give you the salesperson's name, dealership & e-mail address.

-- the librarian
    Hi, thanks.

can you send me the details to the following email address - realogy2007 (at) gmail.com
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Ah yes, did cause quite a problem and has caused a few changes as a result. Well familiar with the dealership you mentioned and highly recommend it.
    Alamocity, have you purchased car from there? The dealership sounds like a dream for people who don't want to haggle to get a good car at a good price.

I was very tempted to fly down to San Antonio to buy a car from him but because of my new job, it wasn't possible.

theZone, check your e-mail for the information. Good luck.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Just one thought: if the warranty could be cancelled and your money refunded (most can) you might want to take the lower rate and drop the warranty when you get home. Dealers hate that stuff, but he hasn't really done you any favors...
  • 12bdriving12bdriving Member Posts: 24
    Please tell me or message the name of the dealer and the color you have the quote on. I live in Minnesota and would be open to going to Wisconsin to purchase!!! THat is great pricing.
  • smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    Update: It looks like there is no 0% APR incentives on Accords, according to my dealer. Even on Honda Financial Services's website, for the Accords, are lease offers presently.

http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/planning/frm_spec_offers.asp
    Could you pls give me breakdown of the price you paid, is the 855 included inthe OTD. Also, if you don't mind which dealership you got this from.

Thanks!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    If you see a zero percent rate, the dealer is buying the rate down.

I can do that too if it makes a customer feel better, just build the buydown into the price of the car.

No free lunch!
  • andysdandysd Member Posts: 87
    PG-13 Report on Leather Steering Wheel Cover:

Craig (isellhondas), you're pretty much right. It's the same old lace-on cover that I put on my Civic. No complaints as it's excellent quality, and they did a good job putting it on. The gripping diameter and degree of softness are perfect; it feels good, and looks better than without. I took photos thinking I could "copy and paste," but that doesn't work. (How do some poeople include pictures in their postings?)

The shift knob doesn't need a leather cover. It has the tactile feel of a kid glove, so no complaints.

On other subjects, should I have declined extended warranty and what should I pay?

I also declined the alarm They would have charged $395.

Andy

:shades:
  • andysdandysd Member Posts: 87
    I just bought an SE. They offered the alarm for $395, and I might have counter-offered somewhat less, but didn't pursue it.

They said it's already installed on the car. I had to sign a release to remove it.
  • hostnesshostness Member Posts: 22
    I just got back a quote from a dealer and it looks like all the incentives are off from his pricing.

Does honda ever throw in incentives mid-month?

If not, I'm going to have to pass on the honda unfortunately.

Dang it, was wanting to get an SE. Why did they have the inceentive so low last month...
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    When Honda sees that they can sell all they have produced w/o incentives,they remove incentives. Wait till next week you may see some depending on the model they want to move.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Not yet however I can vouch for their straight forward approach to doing business and no hidden surprises once you get down to the business of signing paperwork.
  • coolblue7coolblue7 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you to those who posted buying information the last couple of months. The information really helped in the buying process. This past week we purchased a 2007 Accord SE V4 at Jeff Wyler in Cincinnati,OH. ( Two other dealerships we contacted didn't even want to work with us when we put in our offer. After we left we never heard from them again. I thought that there would have been some follow-up.)At each place we started out making an offer using the lowest purchased price we saw in the forum which was $18,300 incl. dest. but that wasn't accepted. At Jeff Wyler they worked with us to reach a middle ground at $18,800 incl dest. They didn't have the color we wanted on the lot, cool metallic blue, but were able to quickly locate one for us. It was an easy buying experience. Our son will now get to drive our 1991 Camry while we enjoy the new car.
  • wi_runnerwi_runner Member Posts: 6
    Wilde Honda in Waukesha, WI. Email me vigo_1 -at-yahoo-dot-com if you need more info. Just signed the papers this morning, the deal went well after some back and forth over the trade.
  • fairshadowfairshadow Member Posts: 24
    Hi i bought 2007 accord EX 2.4 At at 21k OTD in south florida. Is it a good price.
    Hi FXA.

I did the paper work today and got the deal final
    Here is the Split out.
    Selling Price 20491
    Accessories 157.95 ( I did not want it but was forced to)
    Electronic fee : 25
    Document fee : 58.48
    Sales Tax 1347.61
    Title and Licence 143
    Extended Waranty: 855 ( 7years 100000Miles)

Total Cost : 23078.07 ( FINAL COST)

but HOLD ON AFTER CLOSING THE DEAL I GOT ONE MORE QUOTE 19794 + Destination fees(Which should be 595). So wait till Wednesday.......... u will get cheaper deal.

I hope this helps you, let me know if u need more details. between then where r u from??????

All the best for yr car hunt
  • rpandeyrpandey Member Posts: 8
    Hi , today I finalized the deal for Honda Accord EX L V-6, AT with Navigation at price of 24,500, inclusive of doc fee, destination fee.
    Plus I will pay, Tax 1300, Title and License 143
    Is this a fair deal, as I tried multiple dealers in Chicago, but no one was able to beat this price.

Also , is it advisable to take extended 7yr/100000 mile warranty.
    Kindly guide and comment whether is it a fair deal.
  • mafinchmafinch Member Posts: 11
    I'm not sure about any new deals but with the new redesign of the Accord for '08 when do we think we'll start seeing price reductions for this car or are they in too high of a demand
  • gaggag Member Posts: 5
    What's the best price to pay for this model? I've been shopping around and the lowest quote i've gotten so far is $21,500 (incl destination charge) + tax/fees. Is this a good price? I was also offered a $1000 discount on this price if I pick a car that was completely repaired after hail damage - is this a good deal?

Anyone have any recommendations for a dealer in the minneapolis area or have gotten a better deal in this area?
  • dallas_cowboydallas_cowboy Member Posts: 10
    Hello All,

I finally pulled the trigger - in part because it was 7/7/7 :)

I got the car with EPP, Tint, Door Edge Guards, Steering Wheel Leather Cover, Gear Shifter Knob Leather, Cargo Tray, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, 1 yr oil changes, gas tank fill-up when I go for plates (i know funny!) :)

I am in Dallas, Texas and I settled for:

>>> Selling Price: 20,250

>>> Tax: 1265.63

>>> Documentation: 50
    License/Transfer/Title: 103.80
    State Inspection: 21.75
    Dealer's Inventory Tax: 46.55

>>> Total >>> 21,742.73

I know I could have got this for 20K had I gone up the road 15 miles but I had reached my limit of patience shopping around! I was happy to "get it done"

Added 100,000/6y extended warranty for 956.36 (900 + Tax). Needed to take this to get my APR down a bit!

The finance guy was a jerk - he slipped in a 250 charge when making me sign the final contract and I caught it and he said I dont know - the system is doing it - [non-permissible content removed]! i let it go but when they came to "talk" about the survey i told them it was bugging me. So, finally the overall GM came in and set it right - they had a "Phantom Landing Fee" cost head in there - bastards!! So keep checking till its over and dont just sign!

Looks like they are big on the survey - so that gives us leverage if they are dicking around - just mention survey :) !!

Anyway that is that as far as my experience goes - was fun but I wouldn't want to do it again. This forum was great - thanks for all the help!
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    (How do some poeople include pictures in their postings?)

The easiest way is to add them to your carspace page and paste the link here.
  • megankpmegankp Member Posts: 17
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy an 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 or SE V6 ranging from Los Angeles to San Diego. Can anyone tell me about dealers where I can get a good deal? Also, please tell me what would be a good OTD price range for the car? Thanks so much!
    I think you did great. You got a good car at a price slightly above the triple net price. And being the conscientious informed consumer that you are, you brought to their attention that the finance guy's computer was malfunctioning.

great job all around!
    excellent suggestion. but after thinking about it a bit, i'm not so sure that cancelling would have worked out so smoothly. i can think of a few things that could go wrong. the warranty company making me jump through hurdles to get a refund, for example, never answering their telephone, or the dealership misplacing my warranty paperwork to prevent me from cancelling during the grace period, etc.

bottom line is that we as consumers have to pay full attention at each step in a car buying transaction. do your homework. have your paperwork and printouts to support your figures.
  • dallas_cowboydallas_cowboy Member Posts: 10
    Oh - scored some against the F&I folks.

I took in my laptop with excel opened up and my gf was with a calculator - the guy's face was worth a million bucks :);) !!!

I caught him trying to slip in 250 dollars - when I left, he said I will never forget this deal!! I was like - yeah right, at least I didn't cuss!
    Thank you Sharad. I will probaly get the car this weekend, I am in Houston area, best deal I got is $21,400+TT&L. Are there any incentives this Wednesday... Thank you for this info.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Who is all going to wait for the 08 accord and make a deal when the arrive? Deals won't be the same, but new car.