Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dennismcveydennismcvey Member Posts: 1
    Hello

Shopping for Honda Accord EX-L 4 cylinder auto trans without navigation in state of TN.

Sales tax is around 8% for the state.

Wondering if others would share good deal encountered in Knoxville/Morristown/Chattanooga area.
  • rsabairsabai Member Posts: 4
    I am shopping for EX L and I am negotiating with Landmark Honda. I saw your post and I would like to know, if I can use your price as reference for discussion.

I also like to discuss with you to get some more details. Can you email to rajesh_sabai@yahoo.com.

I really appreciate it. Thanks
  • arbormikearbormike Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to purchase a SE from valley honda at chicago area. One thing I noticed was that the one they provided to me was equipped with a SOHC instead of DOHC engine as described in here Edmunds.com. Googled about this issue but not found too much information. Any advice?

OTD price: 18996
  • rbintnrbintn Member Posts: 2
    I am buying an EX-V6 from Mike Patterson Honda in GA. The price is 23300 plus tax and title. The final price comes to 25000. The EX-L 4 cyl is 21000 plus tax and title. I am having the car delivered to Nashville for an additional 350. This has been by far the best price I have gotten in the surrounding states. No one in Tennessee will touch it at this price. I should get the car tomorrow.
  • lemmingriotlemmingriot Member Posts: 3
    Just bought my new car this past Saturday in Lisle, IL. They were very helpful, and I am thinking I got a good deal.

Sticker= $21,520.00
    Invoice= $19,583.54

Sales price= $17,900 (inludes dest. fee).
    + taxes (8.95%), tags, extended warranty, etc=$21,024.33
    - trade-in (4200)/cash down (500)= $16,324.33

I think I can deal with paying $16k for a brand new car, especially one that has an invoice of $19k.
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Do they drive the car in or put it on a truck?
  • driver32driver32 Member Posts: 3
    my 2006 accord se was totalled in the recent floods. looking to buy an ex-L automatic sedan as soon as possible. dealer's prices have seemed high. what have you paid or been quoted for long island, ny or nj? thanks
  • tgwrhtgwrh Member Posts: 7
    Hi there. I can contact the guy I bought my Pilot from at Richfield Bloomington Honda. He's been really good to me and my family. Which 4cyl accord are you looking for?

BTW - If I refer you to him, he'll buy me dinner :)
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116
    Just bought my new car this past Saturday in Lisle, IL. They were very helpful, and I am thinking I got a good deal.

Sticker= $21,520.00
    Invoice= $19,583.54

Sales price= $17,900 (inludes dest. fee).
    + taxes (8.95%), tags, extended warranty, etc=$21,024.33
    - trade-in (4200)/cash down (500)= $16,324.33

I think I can deal with paying $16k for a brand new car, especially one that has an invoice of $19k.

What was your trade in?
  • marlynnmarlynn Member Posts: 11
    Hi. I've also been getting quotes for Honda Accords from dealers in the Minneapolis area. We're looking to buy our Accord by the end of July. I've gotten quotes from both Richfield and Hopkins as well as others in the area. We're looking at a 4cyl EX or EXL in Alabaster Silver. Really depends on how good the deal is on the EXL. The best quote I've gotten so far is $21859.08 OTD on the EX and $23517.98 OTD on the EXL. I think I can get better and need to spend some time working the dealerships in the area.

If you can help at all and your contact can work some magic, it would be appreciated.
  • deroymplsderoympls Member Posts: 3
    Thanks,

I am looking for an Accord SE 4 cyl. I am going to buy as soon as anybody gives me a price of 19K or less OTD.
    One dealer is ready around $19750 OTD
    I found other buyers getting south of 19K.
  • mrumeangenemrumeangene Member Posts: 3
    i've been shopping for 2007 toyota camry le for 3 weeks or so, before i gave up. the toyota dealers i encountered drove me to the hondas.those guys/gals was to aggressive and didn't want to negotiate by invoice price with me. when i did get a price of $20750 OTD they would act as they were giving away the store.when i went back to purchase the car it was said it had been sold. went to another dealer, basically the same car, they negotiated $20750 OTD - on condition i buy it tonight. then when I tell them here is down payment,and i will pay balance next day with funds from credit union, they said the deal was off. went to honda and 1 hour of test driving and negotiating - $20750 OTD 2007 ACCORD SE - BETTER EQUIPPED THAN TOYOTA. IS THIS BETTER DEAL ? DID ALL MY RESEARCH ON CAMRY LE. DID I GET A GOOD DEAL IN GA. 7% SALES TAX. THANK YOU ...
  • atlbuyeratlbuyer Member Posts: 16
    I am also in GA and looking to buy. However, I'm trying to wait it out until the 08's come out to get a better deal. It sounds like a pretty good deal you got. Some other people have posted better deals for the SE, but did yours come with any extras (tinting, wheel locks, etc?). What dealership did you use?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Well, it's not much diff. between Accord SE, Camry LE and Altima 2.5S.

Personally, I will take the current generation over the old Accord if it's the same price. However, I wouldn't get the Camry cuz of the transmission issues. So, if they're the same price, my choice is the Altima. IMO :shades:
    I got this quote for an SE:

2007 Honda Accord SE 4cyl AT
    $18588.00 Selling Price (destination included)
    $1208.22 Sales Tax
    $286.00 Plates + Tabs
    $35.00 DMV transfer fee's
    $50.00 Dealer Documentation fee
    $19079.22 TOTAL DUE

What dealership are you talking to?
  • ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    Dealer was Sports Honda ... it was a pleasure to purchase from their dealership.
  • pmagganpmaggan Member Posts: 62
    I am picking up a new 2007 Accord EX-L 3.0 V6 with Navi for $25,127 + TTL from Honda East in Cincinnati. What a painless purchase. I went to their website, clicked on "Email me a quote", and bam, 2 minutes later....Great Deal.
  • smeezysmeezy Member Posts: 42
    No Karr alarm, but has mfg alarm. Wheel locks included.
  • jwfslkjwfslk Member Posts: 9
    After reading about the great deals available at Boch in Norwoood MA, I took a drive over and picked up a Carbon Bronze sedan with beige leather. I had a trade (which adds another factor) but I'm real happy with my deal. Like other Boch Honda pricing posted here, they're discounting heavily. I buy a new car every couple of years, so I'm very familiar with all the sales tactics they use to boost their profit. I have to say this was a pretty painless deal. I came prepared with a ton of research, and they knew it. I highly recommend them.

kevina1- I asked for the same salesman you used, and while introducing myself I asked if he could give me as good a deal as Kevin from New Hampshire. I think that comment got passed to the sales manager and may have helped my transaction go smoothly. Thank you for posting your sales details. Enjoy your new SE. :)
  • briz2briz2 Member Posts: 42
    Thanks for posting this .. I visited their site, could not navigate to their inventory so I called them. The girl I spoke sent me an email (she said she did not even see what was in it, just fires off a quote). I open the email and there is the 25127 ... amazing. Thanks again, finally a 25K loaded accord close enough to buy.
  • mayzeemayzee Member Posts: 1
    Hello

I just bought an 07Honda Accord EX-L sedan auto trans 4 cyl at 23133.00 (OTD). No navigation.

The sales tax for the state was 7% plus an $80.00 wheel tax fee. Figured Tag and Title was about $100.00. The next closest offer I got was 23500.00 OTD and another dealer that was the closest to my home residence wouldn't sell at $23500.00 In my opinion you probably could squeeze a few more hundred out of them. Maybe offer 22550 initially and then go up to 23000 and see what happens. If they dont sell at 23000... maybe work up from there.

Wife loves the car so far. Hope this helps.
  • donswartzdonswartz Member Posts: 28
    I purchased an EX from Lisle on Tuesday for 19057. I am out of state so the only charge in addition we can compare is doc charge of $57. Car was 19057 with destination. Maybe they gave you a good deal on your car. There are a lot of things that go into car buying.
  • donswartzdonswartz Member Posts: 28
    From my experience Valley is very aggressive in selling cars. They will take the price down pretty low. They offered my an EX for 19057. I bet they would have went lower though it was something about them that I didn't trust. They sell a lot of cars so they can discount them pretty good right now. Ask them to go lower.
  • smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    rsabai --

You've got mail. :)

When you're dealing with Landmark Honda, make sure that they don't try to "switch the numbers on you", as they have a reputation for doing just that.

Also, not sure if you saw ddwmew's post (#16032) which is a follow up to my original post. He paid almost $1K less than the deal that we had originally negotiated at Landmark but fortunately and luckily for him, Landmark's inability to deliver a car for him that day when we both there turned out to be a blessing in disguise for him and he ended up at Sport Honda for an EX that amounted to almost $1K OTD cheaper than my deal! ;)

Regards,
    David
  • smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    Folks,

I believe ddwmew's deal is now the lowest price for an I4 EX 5AT on the forum!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

If it wasn't for a time crunch with my purchase (the car is actually for my wife), I'd have joined ddwmew with the purchase at Sport Honda. His OTD price is almost $1K below mine. Wow!

Overall, we're happy with our EX especially my wife. :)

Regards,
    David
  • ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    Can you share which dealer in So Cal :shades:
  • mrumeangenemrumeangene Member Posts: 3
    i used conyers honda - they seem fair ; but after reading some of these post - i could have done better. the only extras was mud guards;floor matts;pinstripping (i really didn't care for). after dealing with toyo dealers .... :mad: i just wanted to get the car buying experience over. LOVE THE ACCORD SO FAR.
  • sychinsychin Member Posts: 10
    Santa Ana Honda and Norm Reeves both quote the same price.
  • cptchetcocptchetco Member Posts: 32
    Altimas seem OK, but they have a much lower reliability rating and reputation. Somewhat worse than Ford or GM.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Unfortunatly since you signed the documents for the purchase of your car it is yours now..you can certainly "trade" it in for another one or if you go the lemon law way (as governed by State law) you will be losing $$$$ either way. I am not able to understand why people dont look their cars over before they purcahse it.
  • driver32driver32 Member Posts: 3
    Interested in buying 2007 accord EX-L sedan automatic. Looking in NYC/NJ and Long Island. Have not found a good price yet. Need to buy quickly. Thanks.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    Nice price! I intend to get this same car for $25K OTD when the 08s start arriving. I can wait a couple of months.
  • deroymplsderoympls Member Posts: 3
    Your total due of 19079, what is it?
    Are you looking for SE?
    I got that at Luther.
    kumar2180 at gmail dot com. Feel free.
  • pmagganpmaggan Member Posts: 62
    Glad you found it. You actually have to click on "Internet" from the home page, then you can click on new-car inventory. They actually are getting me a car from a different dealer since they didn't have the color I wanted and are not charging any extra for it. Good Luck.
  • jetfishjetfish Member Posts: 15
    Hi ddwmew

Great to hear about your great deal!

I am just wondering whether you can email me the name of the sales person you talked to in Sports Honda, and/or a scanned copy of your sales invoice to let the sales guy match the price. To protect your privacy, you could mark off all your private information... My email address is jetfish80 at gmail.com

Thank you...

jetfish
  • jessy2007jessy2007 Member Posts: 8
    Hi ddwmew,

Thank you so much for your reply, could you please give me a copy of your invoice of the car or a complete list of the fees you paid? You can mark your name and address off if you want to protect your privacy!

I sincerely appraciate your help!

My email jessylee218 at yahoo dot com

Thank you!

Jessy
  • he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    What was the price of the SE V6 including dest fee /doc fee any additional accessories EXCLUDING TTL. In your posts you always use OTD
  • jessy2007jessy2007 Member Posts: 8
    Is this price with or w/o destination?

Thank you!
  • tgwrhtgwrh Member Posts: 7
    Hi. I contacted the red-head that I purchased my Pilot from, he sent me the EXACT same quotes that you have. Must be the same guy.

FYI - He's a good guy, no BS.
  • smeezysmeezy Member Posts: 42
    I got my car for 20,800 (2k under invoice)+TTL (8% sales tax). For the SE V6 I was quoted 19, I'm sure that includes dest fee. Give them an email, they need to sell 100 cars this month and the internet sales person told me she bangs out 50 cars a month! Give me your email and I'll give you the general manager's number and you can negotiate with him. I highly recommend you talk to him, very easy to deal with, look for the OTD numbers as you can figure out tax and registration easily. To get tax rate, multiply sales price with the tax rate in your zip code and add registration using this: https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do

Generally if your tax rate is 8%, multiply car price by 110% and your OTD numbers should be around there.
    To test some of these dealerships, we sent out two requests from the same dealerships through Edmunds. We got quotes that varied as much as $1,500 on the OTD price from the same dealership on the same car.

FYI -- I would NOT deal with BROOKDALE HONDA!!! It was a waste of time. They were not willing to come down at all from the invoice price and stated that they doubted I was getting REAL prices from other dealerships as any dealership that came down in price below invoice price was taking a financial loss. However I know different as all the other quotes I've gotten have been anywhere from $1,000-$1,500 below invoice. Bottom line, Brookdale was rude and unwilling to negotiate.

The quote I got on the SE was from Richfield Bloomington Honda. However, after I looked at it again, the sales person added the numbers wrong. I contacted him again and he stated the actual quote is:

2007 Honda Accord SE 4cyl AT
    $18588.00 Selling Price (destination included)
    $1208.22 Sales Tax
    $286.00 Plates + Tabs
    $35.00 DMV transfer fee's
    $50.00 Dealer Documentation fee
    $20167.22 TOTAL DUE

They said it's impossible for them to get close to $19,000 OTD. If you can find something, go for it.

I'm still working on my quotes for an EX or EX-L.
    With destination.
  • willisrwillisr Member Posts: 1
    ddwmew,

Congrats on your EX purchase and great deal!

Can you also please email me a copy of invoice to davosco@aol.com crossing out any sensitive info? Thanks in advance.

Dave
  • jonpagejonpage Member Posts: 25
    I entered the market to buy an Accord, EX or EX-L or EX-L-V6, about two weeks ago. None of the dealers was discounting their cars below invoice, and that too after telling me that "you look like you are a serious buyer, so we will go down to invoice".

However, just in the last 2 days, I have updated quotes in the local market ranging from 1K-2K below invoice. They use Edmunds' invoice as benchmark. I am trying to get somebody down to 3K below, but no luck yet. Basically, I will buy the top line at 3K below invoice.

Anybody has any luck yet in this market?

Thanks.

Jonathan Page
  • supertansupertan Member Posts: 2
    Hi Sychin,

Is the $17,199 price for the SE the OTD price? Or the price before TTL?

Anyone else in Southern California get a fantastic price for an SE or an EXL? I'm looking to buy before the end of the month, if possible.

Thanks!
  • supertansupertan Member Posts: 2
    Hi ddwmew,

Congratulations on your purchase! Can I also please be included as one of the folks you send a copy of your invoice/pricing doc of the car too?

I sincerely appraciate your help!

My email texastan at hotmail dot com

Thank you!
  • lemmingriotlemmingriot Member Posts: 3
    2002 Malibu with 34,000 miles.
    Before TTL.
  • montereyjackmontereyjack Member Posts: 1
    jonpage,

I would be interested in knowing where you are getting the under invoice pricing in D/FW. I'm in the Austin area and the dealers here historically do not price under invoice without factory incentives (which I don't believe are in effect now). I'm looking at V6 EXL's. I did some serious shopping a year ago, but backed off. I'm just now reengaging in the process.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    The best I've seen in San Antonio for the EXL V6 is $22,956 plus TT&L.