Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    With or without Navi?
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Without Nav
  • jonpagejonpage Member Posts: 25
    $22,956 for EX-L-V6 is about $2500 below invoice (assuming destination charge is included in that price). That is pretty good. Who is the dealer?

Thanks.

JonPage
  • jonpagejonpage Member Posts: 25
    That's the game Honda and the dealers are playing. They have incentives in a convoluted way. Either the dealers are getting additonal 2008 Accord quota based on 2007 Accord sales they make, or they will get pro-active discounts on 2007 Accords after they hit a number by end of August. I am not sure what is happening. In the second case, their ENTIRE July/August sales will get an additional juicy kickback from Honda if they meet certain targets. So, it is only logical that as they near their target, they will discount more. Once they hit their target, they will probably stay put.

JonPage
  • rsabairsabai Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Great Price....I am also discussing with Sports Honda.

If you can share the invoice details, please email me also rajesh_sabai@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Rajesh
  • jessy2007jessy2007 Member Posts: 8
    Hi rsabai

Could you please give me the contact info about the dealer? Thank you!
  • marlynnmarlynn Member Posts: 11
    Can you email me the contact person. Is that dealership near Silver Spring? We are going to Burtonville area in August and can purchase vehicle there and drive it back if deal is right. Please email me the details you can provide to

john-r-j at hotmail dot com
  • chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    I have just received my first round of quotes for a EXL with nav. So far the best initial quote was about $700 under invoice and included destination. All of them were under invoice a certain amount and some had *&%&$#&* "extras" that were not in the quoted price. The best quote so far came from Irving. ;)
    I've been told I can't post that information on this board, feel free to send me an email.
  • h2olooh2oloo Member Posts: 2
    Bought a new 07 Accord EXL-V6 at Brilliance in Crystal Lake for 5000 under MSRP yesterday. This is a great forum
  • ljc100ljc100 Member Posts: 1
    Can you also send me a copy of your invoice with your personal info marked out. I want the exact model that you purchased that would be a great help. You can sent to gre8tday at gmail
  • kippermankipperman Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Could I also trouble you for the name of your dealer and perhaps a good person to deal with. i am also in austin having a hard time getting a deal.

I's also like a copy of your invoice with the personal iinformation crossed out if you have already scanned one in for someone else so i can use it as a bargaining tool?

Thanks ,
    Scott
  • kippermankipperman Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Could I also trouble you for the name of your dealer and perhaps a good person to deal with. i am also in austin having a hard time getting a deal.

I's also like a copy of your invoice with the personal iinformation crossed out if you have already scanned one in for someone else so i can use it as a bargaining tool?

Forgot my contact info is Scott_Kipperman@yahoo.com

Thanks ,
    Scott
  • iamimeiamime Member Posts: 1
    Thanks smackldog & ddwmew's. I've been unable to deal with local dealers in this soft Louisiana market so after reading your post I sent for quotes from the competative Alexandria,VA.area where I'm told there are 30 dealers in a 30sq. mile area. I've always been suspicious of out of state transactions expecially the $20,300. quote from Landmark but took the risk ($3,100 savings from local quote)and flew in to DC and was met at the airport by the salesman who brought me to the lot where there was a large inventory to choose from. (Yes, I had a backup plan for a car rental if the deal went bad.)There was a $36.unexpected tax thrown in (probably cab fee,no big deal)for a total $20,336.(paid by personal check.) Tax and tag will be paid in my home state. I was so excited to get the deal I forgot about a $200. discount I was promised for a prompt purchase. My bad!
    All in all, the transaction went very well and I will do it again in a competative market such as DC or Los Angeles. Wife and I made a vacation of the trip and toured the area for a couple of days in an effort to break the car in (4mi. on ODO.)before the trip home.
    Thanks again to all who have posted.
  • glad4glad4 Member Posts: 2
    How about this deal in Martin Main Line Honda, PA
    price 18800
    tax (6%)1128
    tags 118
    No other fees
    OTD: 20046
  • doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    Iamime - thanks for the post. It's not just louisiana dealers, just try colo, $100's over invoice! Of course, who can really blame them, why discount when you don't have to? I see the quotes from faraway dealers and the seemingly unbelieveable prices people like you get from out-of-state dealers and just shake my head. Like you, I am naturally suspicious of the good old bait and switch, but for $2,000-$3,000 in savings, very tempted to take the chance.

Thanks for sharing the experience - hope others will continue to do the same for the nervous among us.

Doug
  • partcanpartcan Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm not sure about the price, but I can tell you that I am extremely unhappy with this dealer. I purchased a certified 2003 Accord EX-L (24,000 miles)from Main Line Honda in January, 2007 for $16,000. The price appeared to be excellent; significantly below both KBB and Edmund's TMV price. However, the dealer failed to disclose that the car had been involved in a previous accident and had undergone thousands of dollars worth of bodywork. When I brought the car back both the salesman and manager lied about the vehicle. If you have any questions or want more details, feel free to e-mail me at MSReading@yahoo.com(I've filed complaints with the BBB, Angie's List, etc.). Since that time I've had several contacts with another local Honda dealer, Keenan Honda (in Doylestown, PA.). This dealer appears to behave in a much more ethical fashion. I suspect that you will be able to get the car for at least $200-300 less (a previous posting cited $18,588). Good luck!
  • hbj2hbj2 Member Posts: 22
    I requested quotes from a number of dealers. Only 4 responded. None of the quotes is below what I am getting from carsdirect.com ($18796 + TTL). I asked if they could beat it and only 1 reply asking me to come over. That too not with a concrete offer.

What the heck is going on here?
    Not much different than here, much depends on the inventory levels, if they have a lot on hand they will be more willing to bargain on prices.
  • ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    Need your email address
  • ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    ALCON:

Many people on this forum requested an email of the invoice and dealer's name.

Spoke to the salesman yesterday and the dealership is not interested in selling a group of Accords at that price ... guess it is a money loser.

However will send out an email (strategy) which may cause a dealer to lower their price.

Will email the following people:

gre8tday@gmail.com
    john-r-j@hotmail.com
    rajesh_sabai@yahoo.com
    davosco@aol.com
    jetfish80@gmail.com
    jessylee218@yahoo.com

This would be my strategy if still in the market?
  • raj07raj07 Member Posts: 2
    Got 07 EX-L 4-Cyl (Carbon Bronze Pearl) from Keenan Honda, Doylestown, PA. Below are the pricing details.

Price of Vehicle: 20791.00 (Includes Destination)
    PA Sale Tax : 1247.46
    Tire Tax : 5.00
    Reg, Title, Lic : 76.00
    Online Process: 39.15
    Document Fee : 55.00
    -----------------------------------------
    Total : 22213.61 (OTD)

Other Free Items:

Full Tank GAS
    Mud Guards
    Front Floor Mats
  • accord07exaccord07ex Member Posts: 5
    ddwmew,

If you don't mind, could you add me to the list...I would like to pass the tips on to someone who is looking to buy. The e-mail address is accord07ex@hotmail.com.

Thanks, and congratulations on your purchase.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    raj07,

That's really good price. Please email me the sale person info to newideaof2001 at yahoo.com.

thanks.

Mike
  • wellesleywellesley Member Posts: 8
    Picked up an 07 new VP-auto in Pa at Keenan Honda.
    list 20,020
    invoice 18,206
    minus 2500
    net 15,706, incl destination,
  • glad4glad4 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, partcan.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Thank raj07 for the info.

Mike
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116
    $19,700
    +1,182 (6% sales tax)
    + 180 doc fee
    + 15 title fee
    + 98 plate fee
    -------------------
    21175 OTD (corrected)

I have gotten this offer from 2 dealers and a 3rd will match. This is for a 5spd manual car, so I figured it would be about a $500-800 less than an auto. This is within my target range; does that seem okay to other folks?
  • oldboy81oldboy81 Member Posts: 1
    07' EX-L, V-6, with navigation accord sedan for $28,300 (OTD), payments of $460 60mo $5,000 down?
  • ktm308ktm308 Member Posts: 17
    Wow, that sounds high! I just paid $24,721 plus TTL and $349 dealer fee for the exact same vehicle in Florida. Make sure you are getting the 4.99% financing on the 60 mths.
  • dillydilldillydill Member Posts: 111
    Started lurking a while ago looking for an accord. Seemed like a good time to start getting serious as there were great deals to be had. Used edmunds to request quotes from several MA dealers. The closest to me in Central MA were 3K under MSRP. Bernardi had a competitive price of 20075.

I then called Boch to see what they could do as it is about an hour and 20 minutes from me. Boch came in at 19784. And the salesman asked what price i needed to buy today. ..i said that I had a few more calls to make and wasn't in a real hurray to buy.

A few hours later a business manager followed up with a call. . .telling me they will not be beat on price. I told him where the other competetive dealers were at (about 21K OTD) He said ok he'll see what he can do.
    He called back 10 minutes later and told me 20,353 OTD. I said OK.

Breakdown:
    2007 Accord sedan EX-L manual

MSRP 24845

19019 price inc dest.
    950.95 MA sales
    84.50 title
    298 Doc fee

20352.45 OTD

No games no gimmicks. All people i dealt with from sales to finance were very helpful and i would recommend anyone in MA give them a call.

Dillydill
    Can I refuse to pay documentation fee? It sounds like a dealer charge.

Also, can anyone point to an online list for checking the condition of the car when buying new.
  • fabyanfabyan Member Posts: 7
    What is VP?
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    No!
  • ralph9ralph9 Member Posts: 88
    Does anyone know when the deliveries of the 2007 Accords will end and when the deliveries of the 2008 will begin? Thanks
  • 06asmsi06asmsi Member Posts: 12
    I just got quoted 22,936.00 on 07 v6 Accord EX-L (includes destination) Plus TTL and 347.00 doc. I think your quote is quite high. Look around a bit.
  • 06asmsi06asmsi Member Posts: 12
    For what it's worth... a dealer I am trying to make a deal with sent me an email yesterday that said 08 Accords would be on their lot in Sept. if not sooner. They have 45 confirmed 08 accords coming in.
    It is an abbreviation of Value Package.
    This is the best offer I got in NJ. None of the other is below 18k in price. Should I buy or should I look around more?

Price 17521 (Edmunds invoice 19601)
    Dest. 595
    Tax@7% 1268.12
    Title/Plates/Reg. 234
    Doc fee 298
    Total 19916.12
  • driver32driver32 Member Posts: 3
    Prices here are high. The best offer was 22,000. including everything but tax and title. That beat the nearest offer by $525.
  • pmagganpmaggan Member Posts: 62
    I just paid $24,172 + TTL for a EX-L V6 with Navi at Honda East in Cincinnati. $28,300 sounds high to me. What is the sales price of the car without tax?
  • jiimmmjiimmm Member Posts: 15
    Awesome deal, I bought as SE manual for Boch this week and ONLY got it for $2,769 under invoice, You did much better!
  • mec5mec5 Member Posts: 1
    I've watched this forum for a while and knew when I got a good price. At O'hare Honda outside of Chicago- base price $18,317.60 + destination. Out the door with taxes title and fees at $20,631 cash. None of the other nearby dealerships would come close- apparently O'hare decided to sell a large number at very low profit to guarantee that they get the largest stepped bonus and to increase their 2008 allotment. I Recommend this dealership.
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    Message #16056 reflects you paid 25,127 not 24,172--I'm very confused? Am I missing something? :confuse:
  • pickledherringpickledherring Member Posts: 10
    Received quotes for an Accord 4 cyl EXL with navigation from Brown's Honda in Arlington for $23,599 and from Landmark Honda for $22,985.95 AND

Also quoted $24,788.95 on an EXL 6cyl auto with navigation.

These quotes came without any haggling as I ended up going with an Acura. From my recent experiences, email is the way to go. Don't bother with the dealers until you can hammer out a price in black and white via email that lays out the final price and all taxes and fees.
  • zc2007zc2007 Member Posts: 2
    Hi mec5,

Thank you very much for sharing your purchasing experience here. I tried to get price quotes for 07 Accord SE I4 AT(yes, not EX) from dealers in Indianapolis several days ago. So far the best price is about $19400 plus tax and fees. I'd like to try my luck with O'hare Honda in Chicago. If you get a chance, would you please give me more details (My email: jsltlx@yahoo.com )? Thanks.
  • mrb7334mrb7334 Member Posts: 4
    purchased 2007 Honda Accord LX I4, MT, mudgards, silver for the following price

17964 purchase price
    300 sc tax
    399 doc fee
    40 tag
    18703 total out the door

how does this deal sound.
  • jetstream5jetstream5 Member Posts: 8
    We just finalized the purchase of a EX V6 in Northern NJ. Sale price $23139.00 (includes destination). Used online quote from a dealer 1 hour away to negotiate with my local dealer. Except for the "non negotiable wheel locks" everything went fairly smoothly. Financing is 4.99%/60 months.
  • ms1231ms1231 Member Posts: 2
    Could you tell me who the sales person you worked with? I'm looking to buy the SE V6 and the price you got seemed to be the best i've heard.
  • ms1231ms1231 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to purchase the SE V6. Was it the manager who quoted you for $19-something for that specific model? If so, do you have his name and number? Any help is very much appreciated.