Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Too much money! That's new car money.
  • ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    din21,

Can you give us an update since (Post#16262
    OTD $21K) did you make the buy or are you waiting til the end of August?

I would like to match that deal, can send dealer info and purchase details to this email. :shades:

tonagz@aol.com
  • oneohthree103oneohthree103 Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to get a Honda LX I4 or Honda SE I4. I got a quote for LX from Open Road Honda for 17438 including destination and a quote from Boch Honda for 17300 (including destination). For the SE I got a quote for the SE as 18116 from Open Road and a quote from Boch Honda for 17400 (including destination). When I visited Open Road Honda it seemed like they dont have that many LX or SEs left but alot of EX-L V6s. Can anyone suggest to me where else to go? Also, should I wait til the end of the month or buy now, it seems like there are not that many LX and SEs left.
  • hat7ehat7e Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a white Accord LX Auto from Fairfax Honda for $18200 OTD. They gave me two free oil changes (yipee!).

I saw the earlier posts about LX's OTD for 17500 at Hendrick, I just didn't push hard enough I guess.

Fairfax only had a few LX's left, so I'm not sure how much longer these prices will last.

I was in the market for used cars before this. ALmost got at 2004 Accord EX-L for $16990 + ttl + processing fee. BUt it seems that for a thousand more you get a new car and warranty. It'll be hard for all these dealerships to move the used accords.
  • needacar5needacar5 Member Posts: 21
    Alright, well I got some leverage! I can purchase an accord coupe ex for 18,500 plus tax, title and doc fee. I called some places to beat because I have it writen down, and it seems I have one lined up to beat it by hopefully at least $100. So how does it sound...

Honda Accord EX 2 door coupe--> 18,500, 260 doc fee, 5 tag, & tax? (MSRP 24,195)

I have to travel a little but thats the best that I can do! What is the best deal someone got on a coupe or that ddwmew got for an ex? I do not have leather seats though :o{

But I am not too crazy about them because I live in the northeast and with leather getting so hot in summer and cold in winter it stinks! What is the best price I can get?

I call some people and they say "if thats your deal, do me a favor go down and buy that car and run because it is a steal" I am wondering if they can screw me over if I drive all the way down and show proof (not exactly the most formal but it is on the dealers worksheet) they will some how weasel there way out of the deal. I will post if and when I get the car...but any ideas if I can get better?
    You say you are driving down? If you are trading your car, that's how they will "adjust" the deal. I would be less afraid if I had it in writing and no trade was involved. Further,if they have several to choose, I would feel better than if they only had 1 to choose.
  • bauer24bauer24 Member Posts: 21
    How did you manage that!? Here in Ohio stock is getting low in the color I want...the dealers that will match/beat offers are limited in colors. Did you do emails at all? Did you show them any documentation? This has worked until now. I got my hopes up went to pick out car I wanted and it had air bag cosmetic defect (looked like pillow shoved too far in pillow case) and dash looked bubbly. Go figure! Anway, I get told by dealers "have fun on your trip."
    I may change my mind again and go for the EX/cloth since no luck in finding SE in colors I want. Anyone buy EX with cloth? How much? Also, is anyone from Ohio out there?
  • megankpmegankp Member Posts: 17
    First of all, I want to thank you to everyone on this post who have helped me seal this deal. After reading many posting advices from several people, I decided to get internet quotes from several dealers from LA to Riverside. Honda of Santa emailed me first with $17,595 + TTL. Riverside Honda seem to be most willing to match other dealers price. But at the end it does not seem to be the case and they gave such a low price for the trade-in. :mad:

I went to Norm Reeves and the car salesman was going to sell the car to me for $17,300 + TTL without accessories. So we told him we would be back the next week.

The next few days, I emailed Honda of Santa Ana again and the Internet Sales Manager said he will sell the car to me for what he sold to sychin for $17,199 + TTL. I then also emailed Hardin Honda and they said they are willing to beat Honda of Santa Ana by $100 or even more but they don't have the color I want. Also, I have this instinct that the Internet guy at Hardin were just trying to get me to come in.

After many hours of research of prices and where to trade the car. We decided to go to CarMax in Irvine to see how much the trade in would be and then head to Honda of Santa Ana. We were disappointed when they appraised the car below KBB. :mad: At this point, we decided that we would head straight to the Honda of Santa Ana after lunch. Needless to say, this is the best decision that we could have made. We got the trade-in value we want close to KBB and the Internet Salesman even got us a better deal then when we discussed via email. The price was $17,000 + TTL.

We were in and out of the dealer for about 2.5 hours. It was so painless. I usually have a headache every time we went to buy cars. But not this time, we have a great salesman and we got the car we want. Kudos to Honda of Santa Ana and thank you to everyone again. Happy car hunting. Enjoy it and make it a challenge. It's very exciting! :)
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I was in the market for used cars before this. ALmost got at 2004 Accord EX-L for $16990 + ttl + processing fee. BUt it seems that for a thousand more you get a new car and warranty. It'll be hard for all these dealerships to move the used accords.

There're always those who think they need to pay at/close to MSRP for a new car. They don't want a new car cuz as soon as they drive off, they lose 5K.

When I told those people that I usually trade in after 3 years and I only need to pay 5 to 6K (the new car might have more options also). They thought that I'm crazy (they don't believe me).
    I am driving not too far but about an hour away. I am not going to trade these numbers are without trade, I am trying to sell my car currently w/o trading. I have not even told them about trading. I am going to have it in writing in about a week or two. I am just wondering if these dealers are going to go lower?

Honda Accord Coupe EX 18,500 (including destination) with a sunroof, abs, ect. and no leather seats? can this price be beat? In other words how much $$ are they making on me.

Because OTD it will be 20k.
  • zswxzswx Member Posts: 55
    Hi megankp,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and congratulations for the amazing deal!

Would you mind emailing me the name of the nice salesman or his email address at s_zswx@yahoo.com? Did you happend to see any LX left in the dealer's lot at well?

Many thanks!
  • hbj2hbj2 Member Posts: 22
    Read post #16264 for NJ dealers.
  • psteveopsteveo Member Posts: 4
    What dealership were you able to get this deal for 23,300? I am looking for an E-XLv6 at that price.
    Thanks
  • hbj2hbj2 Member Posts: 22
    Also, check out #16324.
  • cinkcink Member Posts: 11
    My friend,

I am in SW ohio. Best offer I got was SE manual for 17,000 + 250 doc fee and TTL. I am still in the hunt. Will either get a VP auto, for practical, frugal purposes, or get SE/LX manual bec I just love sticks. Cant be picky on colors, looks like graphite pearl is what's left. I really dont mind that color, but cool blue would have been my preference. Cool blue is only available in automatics now. I now the SW dealer inventory lack the back of my hand.
  • lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    Posted in the lease forum, but wanted to let everyone know about the smoking hot MF Honda has right now on the V6:

Picked up my Accord last night. I originally wanted the SE 4-Cyl because of price. However, Honda now has new MF rates and new residuals on the V6 Accords.

The new MF is .0005 on the V6 and also 56% Residual.

Also, lease price can be based on 'Retail' value vs. MSRP. What is the difference? Well, I ended up getting the Accord SE V6. MSRP on this car including Freight was $23,945. However, the SE has 'option' packages which included a $900 discount if they were ordered separately. Therefore, the retail price for this car according to Honda was $24,845.

Here is how everything shook out:

Retail (including freight): $24,845
    Purchase Price (including acquisition fee): $18,990
    Freight: $595
    Sales Tax VA 3.17%: $580.17
    Dealers Tax: $19.34
    Processing Fee: $349
    Total Delivered Price (Cap Cost): $20533.51

MF: .0005
    Residual: $13,913.20

PAYMENTS: $201.12 with nothing out of pocket except first month payment.

I was impressed. I was at the dealership for hours, but worth it for this deal.

Thanks to all for the information in this thread.
  • angelus1angelus1 Member Posts: 23
    dood thats awesome, 200 bucks a month. i may have to consider leasing. if i can get a ex-l coupe for 200 a month i will hop on it.
  • boka987boka987 Member Posts: 1
    Hi MeganKp,

Its hard to believe. I am looking for Honda, LX Sedan 2007 in SFO, the lowest quote I got is $16700/- + Taxes and Registeration = $18,400/- Out of Door Price. I am surprised by the deal you got. Can you give me some tips. My email is nitin21519@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
    Boka
  • amshereamshere Member Posts: 19
    Where did you get this deal from?
  • 51anchor51anchor Member Posts: 3
    Hi Megankp,
    Congratulation with the new car, believe it or not, but you're got amazing deal, I'm live in Southern CA, I try to get one this month, so if you don't mind, please can you emailing to me the saleperson on the dealer you have it, my address nguyen3500@verizon.net, thanks for everything,
  • terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    Mike Patton Honda in LaGrange GA.Email me at Terrypm175@americaonline.com for salesman name and details.
  • sold2earlysold2early Member Posts: 4
    I bought a new Accord last month and used Honda financing. I used it to get a good deal with the intent of killing the loan on the first payment with alternate financing at a better rate.

It took Honda 1 month to send the first bill for payment #1, and the payoff amount (Which should be equal to the principal + 1st month's interest, based on the term and rate) was actually higher by about $70. (Perhaps because of the delay in billing)

I am fairly certain this is illegal, and I will call them tomorrow to do battle. Of course, if it can't be resolved I will do everything I can to slander them and the dealership that sold me the car (I don't really care if it's the dealer's fault or not). Like the dealer said, they live and die by the customer's satisfaction survey results, and I will give them the lowest possible marks if things don't get resolved in my favor.

I'll reserve the name of the dealer until the outcome of my call. I sure hope this can be corrected in a civil manner, but something tells me things are going to get ugly.
  • foraminalforaminal Member Posts: 5
    I just pulled the trigger this afternoon. Walked in and asked for the internet salesman. I told him,"I dont want to waste your time and my time." Lets make this as painless as possible. I told him some dude purchase a car for this price and I want in. So in less than 20 seconds we agreed $17,500 OTD. Took forever to do the paper work though. The finance people said the salesman made only $100 in commission. They were thinking I was to finanace with them but I got a 0% loan from my work.

Total purchase price including destination charge is: $16523.98

VA tax 3%: $507.69
    Dealer's Business License Tax: $19.83
    Processing Fee: $399
    License and title Fee: 49.50

OTD Price: $17,500.

So, you got a better deal by 2 bucks and one hour.
    I still have to come back for them to put wheel locks, door/wheel well guard and pin strips.

Landmark salesman told me to buy a car if someone sells it under 18k. Their final offer is 18600. Koons is $18300.
    Henderick seems to be the cheapest in town.
    BTW: Henderick Honda is owned by Henderick Racing (NASCARS). They race Chevys but sells Hondas. :confuse:
    Do they put wheel locks on LX too. I though wheel locks are only for alloys.
    The Chevys have more cubic inches. :)
  • jabber888jabber888 Member Posts: 5
    Ask the finance guy how many days the first cycle billing was put in for. whether it was 30, 45, or even 60 days. Even though the interest rate is the same, if they key in a longer 1st cycle for the first bill, you'll end up paying more interest.

I had my Real Estate Calculator for my Odyssey purchase and my calculations were different from the finance guy. Finally, he changed it from 45 days down to 30 days for the first cycle billing, and the difference came out to about $50, and it match up exactly to my own numbers.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new Accord, megankp. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. I've always liked the Accord and feel as though it is a lot of car for the money. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Thanks again and enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I tried Cinci this weekend (the one I had to have had bunchy airbag looking steering wheel) :cry: , may be headed for Indy this week. I am picky, that is the problem as far as colors go or I would be driving one right now. This may be silly but I haven't check any prices on how much cheaper is manual or is it same price as automatic? Need automatic. If you get time can you email me the dealer for SE price at bauer24@carspace.com. Wow you did great to get it at that price here in Ohio. So far I have 17,400 + 595 plus tax + doc fee. I knew I could get it for @ least 17,200 once I saw "the one." Up north further they email back as if I am loco. I let them know I have done my research, then i get less resistance. Have to talk to you more!
    Not sure if I asked does the $17 include destination or without? If email doesn't work let me know. Thanks Cink!
  • pmagganpmaggan Member Posts: 62
    Bauer24, I am in Dayton and ended up buying from Honda East using the quote I got from their website. (See my previous posts). I assume you have already checked with them, but if not, give them a try. They have wonderful service hours as well and a lifetime warranty on the car if you get it serviced there.

The "up north" dealers were useless when it came to negotiating.
  • kw_dakw_da Member Posts: 76
    Grats on your good deal.

When Santa Ana first replied with a 17,199 offer did you tell them you had a trade-in or was that for car only? How did you get in touch with their internet sales person? I looked on their website and couldn't find an email.

It's a bit hard to say what the actual price we can get a car for if there is a trade involved. Dealers can give you any price they want and make it up on the trade.

I also received a $17,595 email price from Norm Reeves this is with destination & no trade-in. I'd like to match the $17,199 price that sychin got, maybe things will be better this coming weekend. I'm in S. Cal and would like to hear what other people are getting bids for. I'm interested in auto SE.

Regards,

David
  • couturechiqcouturechiq Member Posts: 11
    Hi all,

I'm in the Los Angeles area and new to the forum. I am ready to buy. I am looking at buying the 2007 Accord 2.4 EX-L Automatic COUPE with or without navigation (depending on the price). I got quoted 21,700 this weekend for the 2.4 exL without navigation. Is this a good deal or still a bit high? Should I wait until Labor day? Will the prices be much different?
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    its good, but I think you can go a bit lower. Good luck! There is no reason for a dealer to hold on to the car. 08's are here soon! This is a good deal, but I know you can do better.
  • lfrancolfranco Member Posts: 1
    Got a quote for an Honda Accord SE 4cyl. AT no navigation Sedan of $17,300 without destination or taxes. I'm in NYC. Is this a good a good price or can I go lower???
    Hi David,

At first, Honda of Santa Ana emailed me with a quote similiar to the one that I also got from Norm Reeves. The quote was $17,595 with destination. I didn't tell him anything about the trade-in because we thought that the dealership would give us a very low price for it. I only discussed the price of the car. There was absolutely no pressure to buy. So after 2 weeks, I emailed him again saying that I want to buy the car matching the price that sychin got. He said OK but when I went to the dealership I said: "Can you give me an additional $199 discount?" He said: "I'll see what I can do" and walked into his office and did the paperwork. He came out with the paper listing the price at $17,000 + TTL, the keys to the car and that was it. We went to the finance office and complete the paperwork. He left to get my car fill up with gas since we have to drive back to San Diego.

What I would recommend is do a lot of research by reading the posting on this forum. We went to several dealerships as well just to check it out. It also help if you are nice to the guy and don't act so tough.

As I mentioned in my previous posting, Riverside Honda did not give us a good deal for the trade, not even any where near the value of KBB. So did CarMax, they appraised the car even lower than Riverside Honda. I did A LOT of research on pricing so I know how much the trade-in value was for the vehicle.

When we bought the car, the salesman indicated that there aren't that many SE left. I think he said he only have couple in Cool Blue and Red. You might just want to check-in with him. If you want, send me your email address and I will give you the name of the salesman. All I did was send out for a quote through Edmunds and he reply. Anyway, good luck with your search. :)

P.S. I emailed Norm Reeves and indicated the offer of $17199 from Honda of Santa Ana. The salesman said he could not match the offer and can only sell me the car for $17,300 + TTL without accessories.
    HONDA ACCORD 2007 EX COUPE: 18,500 (INCLUDING DESTINATION)

Is this an amazing deal or can I do better? I do not want to push too far...
  • mjk5mjk5 Member Posts: 43
    I'm just wondering how low I could get the EX-L coupe out the door? Could I get it down to like $19k or so?

Also, is it worth it to buy a 2007 right now considering next generation accords are coming out in October? I really need a new car right now and can't wait that long, but will I lose quite a bit of money? I'm looking to only have this car for like a year and trade it in next year for the next gen TL

Could I also get some tips on how to go about negotiating for an online quote?
  • cinkcink Member Posts: 11
    Bauer,
    At this time of yr, no dealer should be talking about destin. fees because they are trying hard to push accords off the lot. The only fee that is standard in SW ohio is the Document fee ($250), which I believe is really the salesperson's commission, because there isnt much other money left on the table if you get an LX or SE 4 cylinder for 17k, plus or minus. The best deals are at the dealers where you see the most accords- Wyler and Performance.
  • couturechiqcouturechiq Member Posts: 11
    How low do you think I can go for the 2.4 EXL 07 Accord coupe out the door price?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    That is a bit on the high side.. next time do a bit more research and ask questions on here.
  • kw_dakw_da Member Posts: 76
    As far as I know this is the lowest price I've seen yet on the forums for a SE automatic. I'd love to get this price.

Perhaps you're thinking of the VP?

David
  • scottrlscottrl Member Posts: 15
    Hi. Was the 22680 EXL v6 price for the coupe or sedan? Is there a difference? I realize that was a Jul30 price any chance that's still going on? Thanks.
  • oneohthree103oneohthree103 Member Posts: 3
    So far the lowest I got is Kay Honda for 17887 including destination. Willis Honda supposedly will any price lower than their by $200. I am going to try to see if I can do it and also see if any other dealers can beat it.
    honda accord coupe EX: 18,500 best offer

why are people more interested in the EXL? Just because leather/alloy wheels?
    THe seats get too hot in the summer and too cold in winter...

can someone please respond to my inquiries about any better prices...i cannot find any on the website!

Thanks
    Hmm...Really...How interesting... :confuse: How much would you pay for the car then? Why don't you post the pricing that you would pay for this particular vehicle in the forum so everyone can know what they should be targeting for according to different regions of the country? From what I can tell, there are quite a few people looking for the SE. I think everyone would be interested in seeing what you have say.

Regardless, I am content with the price and can't ask for much more. :shades: I think I might just trade-in another car to buy the CR-V. ;)
  • foraminalforaminal Member Posts: 5
    All Honda sold at Henderick comes with: wheel locks, pin strips, mud guard, door/wheel well guards and floor mats. They get to charge you 399 for processing fee instead of 299 from most dealers. So now you know where the extra 100 goes to.

I have to come back another day for them to put the wheel locks, door/wheel well guards. I might decline the pin strips. I also needed an alignment as my car is pulling to the right. Does anyone realized that when you pop up the trunk and look at the back of the trunk. There is no trunk lining. You can see holes and electrical wires running toward the lights. Did they forget to cover it up for me? The salesman said it is standard on all Accord. Also noticed there is no keyhole to open the trunk. I can see myself enjoying their free coffee and tea this weekend again.
  • lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    Leesburg Honda.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    The V6 has a trunk liner but the 4 cyl does not. I guess I'm too tall because I've never noticed the wires.

There is no place for a key in the trunk or passenger side door. The only keyhole is the driver's side door.
    I am supposed to go at Hendrick on Saturday at 10.00 AM to put mud guards.When are you going there. I was told that they don't put wheel locks on LX .Thats why I was checking with you.Do you already have wheel locks on your car?If yes then probably I might go and ask them to put them on mine too.If you are there the same day then let me know.Mail me at
    rjnskr@gmail.com