Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bauer24bauer24 Member Posts: 21
    Thank you PM. The offer I got from East was too high. 19,840 for SE plus tax and title (at least 1,0000 more than what I was getting in other quotes)! People need a choice-not monopolization of getting a warranty and charging $1,000 more. Plus, may be moving and that doesn't do us any good. Yes, the Dayton dealers don't seem right. The somewhat larger volume dealer Hidy Honda emailed back said they could beat any deal as long as it is a valid offer and to bring it in. When I quoted the price of 17,200 they told me they could not beat that price. What is up with that? Should be called Lidy Honda! By the way, Go Boro!
  • Options
    kavarellkavarell Member Posts: 4
    I picked up an EX-L V6 sedan, including wheel locks and mud guards, for $22,600 excluding TTL from a So. Cal dealer. The dealership was great, fast, and easy to work with.
  • Options
    keatonbrikeatonbri Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread. It has really opened up my eyes as to what a "good deal" is.

I am buying a 4 cyl Accord EX-L and the best quote I have gotten is from Honda Marysville for $21000, $22709.34 out the door. This is beating the Columbus dealers by nearly $1200, although Honda East has stepped up with an offer a little under $22000.

From what I have read on this forum, I think $21k for a EX-L is a pretty good deal.
  • Options
    couturechiqcouturechiq Member Posts: 11
    KAVARELL,

Which dealership did you get this quote from? I am in the SoCal area as well.
  • Options
    kw_dakw_da Member Posts: 76
    Hi Megankp,

Thanks for all the good information. Can you please send contact information & the email of your Santa Ana sales person. My email is kw_da "at" hotmail.com. Please replace "at" with "@" and there are no spaces. (I hope I don't get a lot more spam now).

Thanks,

David
  • Options
    KEATONBRI,

Did you get the quote for 21000 for the sedan or coupe?

I've been trying to figure out a good deal is for the 2.4L EX-L Coupe Automatic, with and without navigation....
  • Options
    Sedan... w/o Navi
  • Options
    vkirti2000vkirti2000 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    Congrats on your new Accord! Would you be willing to email me the sales info and price breakdown for Hendricks at
    vkirti2000 at yahoo.com? Thanks,
  • Options
    I bought it at Norm Reeves in Cerritos (normreeves.com).

Here's the purchase price breakdown:

EX-L V6 AT 4-door w/out navi (including mud guards and wheel locks) - $22,600
    plus Tax of 7.75% and title of $301 (including $55 doc fee)

OTD Price - $24,642

The V6 with navi was quoted at $1800 more than the $22600, but I didn't try to negotiate that price. It took some negotiation to get the mud guards and wheel locks thrown in for the $22,600 price, which was their original quoted price.

I figure I saved about $6200 off sticker with the accessories and the sales tax savings. Not bad.
  • Options
    hanparkhanpark Member Posts: 2
    I was curious why the accord and the civic are pretty much the same OTD price.
    I'm thinking about getting a car soon and was originally researching civics until I came to this forum and saw that people were getting the same price for LX models for each respective vehicle. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Honda is deeply discounting its Accords because of a slow sales year and in anticipation of a new model being unveiled at the end of this month or early September. Apparently Honda doesn't need to do the same for the Civic at this point, so it's not getting the same types of discounts.
  • Options
    hanparkhanpark Member Posts: 2
    Oh wow. I'll definitely have to look into Accords then. I appreciate the response.
    Has anybody received good quotes in the Philadelphia area?
  • Options
    amshereamshere Member Posts: 19
    Go through post # 16419 .Its the exact breakup of what I got the car for.
  • Options
    KAVARELL,

Did you get the Coupe or Sedan?
  • Options
    tjxtjx Member Posts: 32
    Hello,

You might want to take a look at "Honda CRV prices paid" and posts # 5454, 5433, 5093, 5082. You will get a lot better deal with these Maryland Honda dealers than any Virginia dealer. For one thing, Maryland has a state law capping the processing fee at $100 where most Virginia dealers charge $399, a $300 savings even before you make the call!

I live in Virginia Beach and drove to Parkville Md. to save $1400, took a day of my time but I don't make $1400 a day either, so I made out. I purchased a 2007 CRV in June and completed all the details on the phone, spent 45 minutes at the dealer signing papers and back to Virginia Beach. Might be worth a call, what do you have to loose? Good Luck.
  • Options
    scottrlscottrl Member Posts: 15
    Will some of these great deals be available in the October time frame?
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I would say maybe, depending on how many of the '07s are left and how fast the '08s are moving.

Also, local dealers have told me that I4s are selling faster than the V6 model, but that may have been a ploy to try and get me into the showroom, as I expressed interest in an I4 model.

So I would say your best shot at discounting will be after the embargoes are lifted on the '08s (August 21) but before the end of August, as dealers will want to meet end of the month quotas. Once we move into September, the '07s will start disappearing quicker, I think.

Pretty much from this forum, I've discovered that the following should be target price ranges:

Value Package: $15-$16K
    LX: $16-$17K
    SE: $17-$18K
    EX: $18,500-$19,500

That's as far as my research goes, though, as I was mainly interested in the lower end 4 cylinder models, but I do know that the EX-L V6 models are going in the $22-$23K range...
  • Options
    needacar5needacar5 Member Posts: 21
    Why are the V6 Coupe selling more than the V4?

I am trying to get a deal like ddmew on a Accord Coupe EX model and I can not seem to get any advice on this forum anymore. I followed the previous advice and have a price of about $18,500 including destination. 20k OTD How does that sound to people?

Please respond someone :confuse:
  • Options
    ephone73ephone73 Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone tell me the price you paid for Honda LX automatic 4 door price?
  • Options
    amiramir Member Posts: 115
    hi guys.i am intrested in buying the o7 accord se for around 17 and 17.5k otd.is this a possible deal in sothern ca(los angeles)?
  • Options
    oneohthree103oneohthree103 Member Posts: 3
    Is it possible to get an Accord SE for under 17.5k in new jersey?
  • Options
    Last week, I got quotes from dealers for the 07 Accord 4cyl EX-L automatic COUPE for about 21,500-21,700

Today, I got a quote from a dealer for the following:

07 Accord 4cyl EX-L automatic coupe w/o navi: 20,740.16
    07 Accord 4 cyl EX-L automatic coupe WITH navi: 22,525.51

These quotes are before TTL.

Are these good quotes? Will they do lower?
  • Options
    mjk5mjk5 Member Posts: 43
    Is buying a new Honda EXL Coupe now with the intention of selling it in a year stupid? (Will I lose too much money?)
  • Options
    watercop1watercop1 Member Posts: 18
    Honda's hold their value good. You will loose money. I bought a 2006 Civic ($19K) coupe for commuting. It felt too small and I endined up shuttling my kids more than I ever thought I would. A year later I sold for $15K. It hurt but I had to pay the price for making an original bad decision. In general: Car ownership is almost always a economically bad deal unless you keep it for a couple of years after pay off.
  • Options
    zswxzswx Member Posts: 55
    In addition, for one in CA, I guess you have to pay another big tax on your new car next year even if you trade in the Accord you buy now.
  • Options
    toybenztoybenz Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone have a dealer in the DC/NoVA area they would recommend for sales and/or service? I am tired of dealers around here adding "Market Value" and "Protection Packages." One Annandale dealer said the starting price for a $27,995 EX V6 was $30,322! I may be forced to return home to Western PA to shop--
  • Options
    terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    I can recommend a dealer in Georgia. They sold me a EXLV6 last week out the door for $23,300.00. Check a one way airplane ticket to Atlanta and drive the car home. ;)
  • Options
    hbj2hbj2 Member Posts: 22
    I bought mine for $17763 incl dest on 7/4 but I paid no doc fee. Considering most north and central jersey dealers charge $200-300 as doc fee, I would say I did the equivalent of 17.5k.

As the month end draws near, you may see better deals in anticipation of the '08s.
  • Options
    mjk5mjk5 Member Posts: 43
    I mean, I'm seeing people paying 6k under MSRP right now for some of these cars (eg EX-L) So just wondering how much I will lose considering they are going for so cheap (will next gen accords make the accords a lot less valuable?
  • Options
    cinkcink Member Posts: 11
    It all depends on dealer inventory. Go walk the lots and check out their supply. The more SEs on the lots, the better your deal. In Cincinnati, I was able to get an SE manual for 17,000 + 250 doc fee + taxes.
  • Options
    kw_dakw_da Member Posts: 76
    I doubt you can get a deal that cheap. If you can I'll buy one with you. $17.5k otd is $16,166 before tax (8.25% LA tax). You still need to pay doc & license. Possibly a VP price?

I'm hoping for $17k + TTL, which is the lowest I've seen on these forums.

Good Luck and keep us informed,

David
  • Options
    I ended my 2007 Accord EX-L (4 cyl) getting from Immke Honda (Dublin). They matched the earlier quote from Honda Marysville ($21000, $22709 OTD) and had the color in stock that my wife wanted (Red). Buckeye Honda (Lancaster) were also willing to match the price and possibly beat it.

I talked to the Sales Manager at Honda Marysville and I told her I appreciated the work they did and she told me that they were very aggressive on the price in order to meet the yearly goals (thus, one of the reasons people are getting good deals on these possibly?). Obviously, they don't want to have the 07s on the lot because it means another 08 that they are not getting from Honda.

Anyway, thanks again to this board for showing me what a "true" deal is on the Accord EX-L.
  • Options
    amitkumamitkum Member Posts: 8
    I am new to this forum, but nice to see lot's of posting on the price raange on Accord. I am looking for a new Accord EX-L in Minesotta Area. If anyone got a good deal,can you post me the pricing & dealer details.
  • Options
    allie482allie482 Member Posts: 2
    Hello! I'm not sure where you are in NJ, but I just purchased a 4-door Accord LX from RAY PRICE HONDA in the Poconos in PA. It's just over the NJ border into PA (exit 309), and I got an awesome deal. The price of the car was around $17,200 (that includes the destination charge). After taxes, DMV fees and documentation fees, the total was $18,689! I know they had at least 3 LXs left when I picked up my car yesterday....check them out. www.raypricehonda.com

The internet team was a pleasure to work with, as was the finance manager. I was in and out of the dealership in less than an hour. Highly recommended.
  • Options
    pickledherringpickledherring Member Posts: 10
    Toybenz - I don't know about service, but when I was shopping around for an Accord, I had good luck from Landmark and Brown's in Arlington just by dealing with their internet staff. If you already know what you want, I do not recommend talking to anybody. I forced salespeople to give me numbers via email and I got some pretty good offers (Landmark EXL 6cyl w/nav for $25,400). But, I was looking for 07's, so if you're looking for 08's, they could be sticking to their guns on those (I don't know if they're even out yet).
  • Options
    pickledherringpickledherring Member Posts: 10
    Toybenz - Correction, I received an offer of $24,788.95 for the 2007 6cyl Accord EXL sedan w/navigation (had to look at the actual email) from Landmark at the end of July.
  • Options
    brmehtabrmehta Member Posts: 12
    I am test driving a EX-L 4 cyl and CRV tonite. Will decide in the next couple of days which one I am buying and then start working on the price.

By the way I am in twin cities too. :)

Thanks.
  • Options
    doug4321doug4321 Member Posts: 27
    Aug8,07 I bought an 05 Accord EXL Coupe V6/Graphite Pearl Ext/Blk Leather Int./28000 miles.It is a certified Honda and I paid $20,900 with the 7 year wrap-around warranty.It has everything but Navigation.I believe I made a god purchase.Thecar is spotless Ext,int and engine compartment.Would like to hear from other EXL V6 Coupe owners

PS:I traded a cherry 04 Grand Prix GTP(supercharged)w/26000 miles for this Accord :)
  • Options
    rechardrechard Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for your post. I'm trying to buy EXL as well. The quote I got from Sports Honda is higher than yours. Will you please send me the name/contact of your salesman? My email is: di.chongzhi "at" gmail.com. Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    lambulambu Member Posts: 16
    Terrypm,
    I live in Florida and perhaps I can drive to Georgia and pick the car. Can u pls give me the details of your purchase?

Regards,
    Lambu
  • Options
    terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    Lambu,

Give me your email and full name and I will email you back the car details on my deal.
  • Options
    I got a pricing on the Accord EX 19200 + Taxes in Minesotta. I am trying for a Accord EX-L with a target price of 21000 - 21500 (including all the taxes).

Will this be a good deal? Do let me kow your prices on CRV and EX-L, may be we can get a good deal if we take two cars at a time.
  • Options
    confused13confused13 Member Posts: 17
    I read an article on Yahoo the other day stating that Honda is providing dealers $2119 in incentives on Accords in order to compete with Camry, but have not been able to find anything about this anywhere else (including the incentives area on this site). Can anyone verify this?
  • Options
    needacar5needacar5 Member Posts: 21
    Honda Accord Coupe EX w/ cloth & PZEV
    MSRP: 23,450
    Invoice: 21, 980
    Sales Price: 17, 395
    Destination: 595
    Doc. Fee: 295

Well I beat both of them...up to this point.. tax...
    Tax: 1260
    Title/Tag/Registration: 86

So It ended up about 19, 650 OTD!

Thank you for all the previous post it really gave me an idea of what to shoot for!
    By the way my experience was hell I spent about 11 hours at the dealership...never again! Can't wait to pick up my car!
  • Options
    chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    There is a lot more to the EX-L than leather and wheels. I live in Texas and have black leather currently, and it's no big deal (even at 105 today). As far as the winter goes, the seats are heated. The EX-L also has dual zone climate control, and that is a MUST on my list. The EX-L 6M also has a slightly better standard stereo. I also want nav and can't bear the thought of having a little Nav unit velcro'd to the dash of a new car. The voice commands for the integrated controls is pretty cool too. And the most important plus of the Ex-L, it's the ONLY way you can get a V-6 and a manual, and those are both mandatory on my list as well. Hope that explains why I need an EX-L, I'm sure I'm not the norm though. ;)
  • Options
    brmehtabrmehta Member Posts: 12
    I test drove Accord EXL 4 cyl and CRV EXL @ Burnsville Honda. I got a price on Accord EXL 4 cyl w/o navi - $22091 (incl dest, but before taxes & TTL). For CRV EXL AWD w/o Navi - $25845 (incl dest, but before taxes & TTL).
  • Options
    sam112233sam112233 Member Posts: 31
    I got Accord EX-L 4cyl W/Nav @ $25000 Drive Out price. CR-V EX-L 4cyl W/Nav @ $28500 Drive Out Price.

You can get a better deal than this one coz The cost of Accord EX-L 4cy W/Nav is only around $23000

Either one of the car you chose is the best.
    Try your luck!!! :shades:
  • Options
    Can you send me the dealer & salesman name along with the price breakup for the car you purchased. Did the dealer give you any extra accessories and free oil change or you can mail me at pvttk5@yahoo.com
  • Options
    zswxzswx Member Posts: 55
    $4600 below invoice???

I guess you don't make $1600 in a few hours, so your time is well spent.

Cong~
  • Options
    jschuenkejschuenke Member Posts: 1
    Check with Hopkins Honda internet department. I got pricing yesterday on a 2007 Accord sedan EXL 4 cylinder of $21,300 including destination but not including TTL. It looks like they were setting their prices at $2,000 under invoice.