Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• frankcariofrankcario Member Posts: 41
    I have a written quote - Houston dealer - for $19,160 + TTL for SE V6 which is $2,000 under invoice. It seems to me I should be able to do better than this since the dealer has 100+ Accords left on the lot. Anyone's thoughts?
  • scottrlscottrl Member Posts: 15
    So what's the best tactic to achieving these great prices? Some posts here mention that dealers visisted won't go near $22.6K or so for EXL-V6 and yet some get the great deals. Is the best tactic to deal by internet and work a few dealers over? Any info appreciated. Thanks. Scott.
  • thatsenoughthatsenough Member Posts: 7
    I think that is a good price. I got an quote of $20,000 for the same car. I am in Houston too. Do you mind share the dealership (dealer's name) with me? email: sevennine04 (at) yahoo dot com. Thanks a lot!!!
  • gjagja Member Posts: 28
    xjlee20, could you tell me what prices you got from which dealers on LongIsland? Email me at geeja at hotmail . com
    The dealer is John Eagle Honda; however I think their internet price is too high. They have a lot of Accords on the lot and I am aiming for $1,500 lower than that. I don't need to buy a car, but a bargain is a bargain. What I am seeing in Houston is that while the inventories still seem high, there are not a lot of LX and SE models left.
  • sam112233sam112233 Member Posts: 31
    Thanks so much. I will definitely think about this. It was really a helpful answer. :)
  • terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    What is your email?
  • 1293712937 Member Posts: 5
    Could you let me know the dealer in GA with great price?
  • accordfinder07accordfinder07 Member Posts: 12
    dgn465@yahoo.com
  • jordanjing73jordanjing73 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for LX I4. Would you mind to tell me the name of your dealership?
  • smartyjonessmartyjones Member Posts: 22
    rrd008,

I also live in philadelphia and I could not get near that price. Can you let me know the details of the deal and the dealership you went to get that wonderful price. I have been looking for a couple of months and I still have not gotten anywhere. I need help. You can contact me at mattjung2003 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks in advance.
  • twingmamatwingmama Member Posts: 6
    twingmama@yahoo.com
    I am in the Northern Virginia area. Thanks for your help.
  • rrd008rrd008 Member Posts: 10
    I am buying at sussman honda but my wife had a friend of a friend who was working there, and even then they tried to high ball me. I dont know if he would have agreed to my offer of 20,500 otherwise but I did tell him I had an offer from piazza honda for 20,587 (which was the lowest I could find). It was like pulling teeth but they took my offer. Of all the dealers I visited, your best bets would be Piazza, Sussman, or Sloane. I have also heard that Mainline is good too. Just be prepared to play off each dealers offer and also be ready to walk out if its not near what you are looking to pay....
    Anyone got cheap deals on 4 door 4 cylinder accords in texas, new mexico, or louisiana preferrably vp or lx.

thanks
    did you see any lx or vp models at the dealership
  • phillydude411phillydude411 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking for a Automatic LX 4dr near philadelphia and here's the quote I've got from one dealer (martin DE) so far:

$17,612 (incl. destination)
    $1,056 (6% tax)
    $163.50 (Title... fees)
    Total: 18,832.22 OTD

How much should I try to negotiate? Also, whats the best interest rate Honda finance is offering?
  • pmagganpmaggan Member Posts: 62
    I bought an EX-L with Navi for $25,127 last month, so I think $24k might be possible now. If I recall, someone else here bought the same car about two weeks after I bought mine for $24,8xx from the same dealer in Cincinnati.
    gofish,

I wouldn't waste my time with the Dayton dealers. I found them to be useless when it came to price matching offers I had from Cincinnati. I ended up buying from Honda East. I got an email price quote from their website (took 2 minutes). See my previous posts for more info. Good Luck!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Don't waste your time with Sloane or Mainline. ;)
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I got a quote for a new 2007 honda accord SE, automatic, 4 cylinder for $19,700 out the door in sacramento. Is this a good deal.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Yeah, I saw that in another thread. In summary for the sedan:

Front = Sonata
    Back = Lexus
    Rear quarter corner light= Altima

However, I think it's better than the current design. The inside control layout look nicer and cleaner but too many buttons all over in the middle.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Absolutely outstanding looking...so much nicer than the new Camry or the Altima! Will be interested to see the 4 cylinder trims also. The rear looks a little Mercedes to me also...the new C series...? I can just imagine what the next generation Civic will look like.
    Way to go Honda!!!

The Sandman :):)
  • 1lpn1lpn Member Posts: 11
    I bought the same car 3 weeks ago from Miller in Van Nuys, CA for 20.1k OTD, which was 18.4k + TTL. You are doing $400 better, 18k, which around 2.5k under invoice. Sounds good to me.
  • amshereamshere Member Posts: 19
    You should target $16500+destination+TTL. I bought my LX for 16500+TTL in VA.The invoice different between LX and SE is $ 600. Hope this helps.
    I never go to a dealership until I have an email from the dealer with a firm price. You might try their website johneaglehonda.com
    hey pmaggan can you post the dealer you bought the car from greatly appreciated

thanks a bunch
    hey can you post the dealer
    hey can you post the dealership because i was looking for an accord as well thanks
    hey needacar5 post the dealer offering ex coupe for 18,500
  • accord07coupeaccord07coupe Member Posts: 14
    It was at Norm Reeves in California, Bought the V6 SE for a little under $20,500 OTD taxes/licenses/registration included in that price. the car drives great had to drive it home 13 hours so got a good feel of the car, a lot more sporty than the camry. Test drove the I4 before and when I tried merging into traffic the response was really slow so I went for a V6 Go to a higher volume dealer to get a good deal and dealerships that are closer to meet their target for the month are more willing to bargain, especially when it gets closer to the end of the month. The 08 accords will hit the market on September 13 so hurry and bargain if you want a good deal because the 2008 Lot Allowance Incentives for the dealership.

official release
    Coupe
    http://automobiles.honda.com/2008-accord/?modelname=accord+coupe
    Sedan
    http://automobiles.honda.com/2008-accord/?modelname=accord+sedan
  • accord07coupeaccord07coupe Member Posts: 14
    Go to Socal and get it for 20500 OTD for V6
  • bellevueguy1bellevueguy1 Member Posts: 3
    Any one bought recently Honda Accord EX-L in Bellevue WA, The best deal i got 23,900 OTD (incl of dest charge, (9.2%)Tax + Lic). Any one got better deal and could let me know the dealership ? Did i get a good deal ?
  • hd9691hd9691 Member Posts: 18
    Is this a V6?
  • anindya_72anindya_72 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Oneohthree,
    Could you please email me the breakups of your quote (SE - 17497). I am planning to buy the SE model next week. Your quote is probably the best I saw in NJ. Please also send me the name of the person you dealt at Boch Honda

anindya_72@yahoo.com

----------------
    It is automatic and the exact price was 17,497 but this was back on 8/2 and I the guy that emailed me said he was one of the Senior Internet and Phone Sales Managers.
    Honda East Cincy.

You can visit their website, hondaeastcincy.com, click on Internet Dept, then you click on "New Car Inventory" to see their inventory and get an immediate price quote.

No relation to them other than being a satisfied customer.
  • jweston1jweston1 Member Posts: 15
    If you gt a I4 you left money on the table. A V6 a good deal. Others have gotten a EXLV6 for $22900.00.
  • sam112233sam112233 Member Posts: 31
    Anybody knows the prices of Honda Accord 2008? :D
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    MSRP probably a bit more than 07, real world prices a TON more than what folks are paying now for 07 Accords. It may be some time before you see Accord prices this low again. If you have to be the first on the block to drive the 08 you will be paying a premium for it - compared to getting the "old" car :D .

Dennis
    Probably best to wait a while to buy the new '08, as it'll be a sellers market for some time. just look at what happened with the launch of the '06 Civic. Best to wait until later in the model year. But I agree that there will be those that must have it now. Am happy for them but they will be paying the price for being one of the first.

The Sandman :)
  • glennglennglennglenn Member Posts: 55
    Saw the photos of the 08 models and thought I was looking at a Camry (4 door) and the Solara (2 door); the tail end is disappointing in both cars. I own 3 Accords and this model is one of the most "indistinguished" ever. Furthermore, I am impressed with the 190 HP of the 4 cylinder BUT only 268 in the V-6 (when the current model gets 244 HP) is disappointing. What did they do, steal the engine (3.5 litre) from the TL and call it all new??? Very disappointing in the engine. they should have shot for the sky and gone with a 3.8 with about 300 HP or more or at least give us an "S" model with 19 or 1 inch wheels and in excess of 300 HP. Come on Honda, this was your big chance to re-style the Accord and you blew it.

Glenn
    Much nicer front end than on the '07 Camry! A nice evolution in my opinion. This car has a more rugged stance...a bit muscular and I do see some 5 series on the sides of it. When all is said and done, this car will become the new benchmark for the mid sized car and has the potential to overtake the Camry as the best selling car in America. Camry fleet sales will have to be taken out of the equation though. Can definitely see Honda selling close to 500k of this new model. Hopefully there will be no major problems like the Camry engine flare situation. Will be very interested in driving one of these puppies once the hoopla dies down.

The Sandman :)
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    So Honda should have given the Accord as much power as their Acura RL flagship??? I dont think so......
  • fytfyt Member Posts: 13
    Hi pmaggan,

The immediate price quote I got from Honda East for 07 SE AT is $19440, seems around $2000 more than the lowest price. Do you think it is possible to get the price down that much?

Thanks,

fyt
  • needacar5needacar5 Member Posts: 21
    Hi all,

I received my car 6 days after purchase! Anyways you guys were wondering how I got the accord ex coupe for 18,000 (including destination). I emailed about 15-20 places in the MA/RI/CT/NH area and got these obscure prices. My goal was to get the car for about 18,000. So I started emailing places asking them to beat other prices from other dealers. I got down to about 18,909 for an accord ex coupe. Herb Chambers said they would do it for 18,500 and I had it written down on paper that they would. I had a internet conversation via email and also by phone with Jazen Ing. The day I had written proof of this price 18,500...i called jazen and i said listen I have this great deal and I would love to do business with you...can you beat this price! He said Boch Honda (Norwood) is the #1 car dealer blah blah blah we will not be beat on price. I asked him 4 times during the conversation if I drive an hour down there that he will not be pulling my chain and he could beat the price. He said as long as your bring in proof that i have the car for 18,500 he would work something out. The phone conversation was recorded (as he had mentioned).

Now 1 week later after selling my old used 99' corolla...i went on down to boch. I had some crazy email number that was informal sent through an aol account and not through balise honda with a price of 18,109 which was not what they were going to sell for. Also some place in CT said they would beat any deal by $500 guaranteed! So we walk in and Jazen refers us to a sales person who would be dealing with me. Nice guy he was...my girlfriend and I test drive the car both the EX and EXL. I wanted cloth because the leather gets too warm in the summer and i just perfer cloth.

We arrived at Boch at about 1. We test drove both cars, learned a little about both and the sales guy assured us that we would get the price we wanted (he did not know what was going on). Now the business began...i pulled out my papers for proof with the 18,500 and then i pulled out my email of 18,109 and I told them they have to beat that by 500. Manager comes out forget his name (large white fellow...sterotypical car sales manager type guy) and goes we dont even have a counter offer. I then get aggitated along with my girlfriend because the internet sales manager told me they were not pulling my chain. I told them i know that our phone conversation was recorded and he shoudl go check. He went to check...he came back with notes tht jazen had put down...
    he seemed iliterate..because right then and there it said that we would not be beat on price. Anyways, he went to listen to our conversations which were total 40 minutes long...he came back and said that he did not have time to listen to all of it and that we would to prove that he said we would beat the price. We went to 2 different computers and the speakers were not working...this took an hour itself. Finally, sales manager was like i dont even have to offer you anything...i can tell you that we are not doing it. I persisted that they were not being honest...at first he said if Jazen said something then they have to honor it. I had the quote for 18,109 and 18,500.

He came with back from talking with the GM and said 18,450 thats all we are doing not a penny lower. Then after me saying $50 is not worth the drive and hassle he said okay 18,400. I told him I have a quote for 18,109 you need to beat that...my gf was yelling at him as well and said her dad was a lawyer and this was not fair. The guy goes back to his GM and comes back with 18,109 final offer take it or leave...i said make it 18,000 and i will save my self the headache of going to CT to get the car. He goes back and we have a deal. Now these people were soo rude to us...unbelievable. The manager said do not ring the bell after our sale (they ring the bell after every sale). Anyways, they gave us such a hard time afterwards. They said we could not leave a deposit and come back the next day...i wanted to pay off the car in full without financing. It was 4 30 and they said we had to pay in full today somehow. I am only 21...i have good credit but did not want to finance and pay the fees when my parents and I are ready to pay off the car.

Any how, I called my parents..they did not have enough money in the checking account at the only Citizens Bank that was open at 5PM. I then needed to walk out of the sales places because they were giving me such a hard time and cool off. I called another internet sales manager and talk to him about what was going on, and he said it was a good deal and they were trying to make me walk. The sales manager even said listen I will fill up your gas tank and give you a $100...go buy it for 18,100. My parents were kind of shocked because they expected to at least come down with me and see the car. Anyways, to make a longer story shorter...i drove home at 8 30 got my dad because the insurance needed to be under his name drove back and at 1130 the deal was complete and we only had to finance 7500 because my dad wrote a check for 9k and I paid 3k on my credit card. So it will be a $50 finance charge...w/e worth all the hassle I guess.

Business manager said dont send any of your friends down here because they are not going to get this deal. Please do not tell them about me telling you anything on this website. I do not know if it is worth the headache, I am a college kid and I had the time to spend all day there...I am good with business stuff and if I actually had the money in hand I probably could have gotten a few hundred lower...but i did not bother. Do you guys think I should write a letter to the owner of Boch asking him for some sort of money back or something for all the drama they put me through?

Final Breakdown:

Sales Price: 17,405
    Destination: 595
    MSRP: 23,500 (24,195 w/destination)
    Invoice: 21,980 (w/ destination)
    Tax: 1260 (7%)
    Doc. Fee: 298
    Title/Registration: 86
    OTD: $19, 644
    Call and ask, I guess. Can't hurt, right? Lisle Honda has one for $18,300 on Ebay.
  • bellevueguy1bellevueguy1 Member Posts: 3
    Not its 4 Cyl , Do you known any dealer ?
  • brmehtabrmehta Member Posts: 12
    Can you tell me which dealer in twin cities you bought this car from? I am also looking for a new Accord sedan EXL 4 cyl no navi. Based on your price for V6 and others who got their EXL 4 cyl, I think I should get my 4 cyl somewhere around 20600 plus ttl ($2000 less then what you got for).

The lowest offer I have right now is 21500 plus ttl for Accord EXL sedan 4 cyl w/o navi. I tried calling other dealers around twin cities, but they would not give out any price lower then this and will tell me to come to the showroom to work out the price.

Do you guys have any other tips or suggestions that I can use to force them to give out the price before I visit the dealer.

Thanks.
  • zswxzswx Member Posts: 55
    Thanks for sharing it with us! $4k below invoice is amazing. Since you are still in college, I think it's a memorable experience for you and well worth the time you spent.

I do have a question. What is the $50 finance charge? It is because you used a credit card?