Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bigmike2bigmike2 Member Posts: 96
    don't understand why ppl ask if the price they PAID for a car is a good deal. Do they need some kind of reassurance or something? It's not like you can return the car to the dealer after you drove off the lot.

Part of the decline of America through loss of independence. These days, most people want someone to tell them what to do and a doofus like Dr. Phil to reassure them that they are doing fine.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I've always wondered the same thing.

AFTER buying a car, they come to these forums and ask..." Did I get a good deal?"

And, when they do this, someone will always rain on their parade by telling them how they paid too much.
    Well said.

Let's see...so far, I have heard people say the new Accord looks like an Acura TL, a Lexus, A BMW, and now, a Hyundai!

" It looks like a cross between a XXX and a XXX"

I hear that every time a new design is introduced.

" Oh, I just LOVE the new Accords"

or.." What was Honda thinking...why did they mess it up?"

Go figure, this is why I pay no attention to the detractors.
    I don't pay attention to the praisers either. I only care if I like it. But see my previous post.

Hope to see one today if Humberto passes. Even in New Orleans we are getting some thunderstorms.
    " I only care if I like it"

My point exactly!
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    isellhondas,

In post #17124 you wrote "Invoice in six months? Ah...don't think so."

That's exactly what you wrote about the latest generation of Civics in the Fall of 2005. Your were wrong then and you will find that your are again too optimistic, as any salesperson must be.
    I wasn't wrong in my neck of the woods.

We don't sell them for invoice now. Why should we? They are great cars and not distressed merchandise.
  • dad2bedad2be Member Posts: 60
    More new 2008s on Ebay - some discounts and some markups. Prices listed are their "Buy it now" prices.

In TN (Morristown Honda):
    EX: MSRP 24495, Price 23995
    EX-L NAVI: MSRP 28695, Price 27999

In GA (Conyers Honda):
    EX-L: MSRP 26495, Price 27290

In GA (Mike Patton Honda):
    EX: MSRP 24495, Price 24247
    EX-L: MSRP 26455 (old dest charge), Price 26247
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,084
    Let's stick to the topic....

If people are reporting the price they paid, that is a good thing... If they want to know if they got a good deal, that is okay, too..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• trdprerunnerdctrdprerunnerdc Member Posts: 52
    Exactly.
  • jlord50jlord50 Member Posts: 13
    I am still shopping for a car. It is helpful to read
    about prices paid by others and their overall
    experience in dealing with the seller. I'll
    share my experience after completing a purchase,
    just to give back to such a great forum.
  • sam112233sam112233 Member Posts: 31
    There are some dealers in Dallas area who charges $2500 to $3000 over the MSRP. If you are getting those offers then you should inquire these dealers in nearby area, they are not charging anything over the MSRP as a price. These dealers are: John Eagle Honda, Bankston Honda, Freeman Honda, Honda in Duncanville, Frank Kent Honda in FortWorth, Salespersons are very friendly in this dealership. I will update the list later. :shades:
  • maggie19maggie19 Member Posts: 2
    I have following quote from a dealer in DFW area:

2007 LX MSRP. $21,520. Internet price:$18,563.5 (include destnation charge)

2007 SE MSRP. $22,220. Internet price:$19,196 (include destination charge)

Can anybody tell me if this is a good price? Or do you have a better quote? from which dealership? Any contact info.
  • sam112233sam112233 Member Posts: 31
    I got the offers from John Eagle Honda,Frank Kent Honda, Bankston Honda for Honda Accord EX-L Navigation MSRP $28695(Destination Included)+TTL
    If someone get better offer in DFW area please post in the Forum.....Thanks :shades:
    I'm confused. You want to compare prices, but you don't say what they quoted you. Or did you mean they quoted MSRP? :confuse:
  • aristotlearistotle Member Posts: 123
    After seeing prices see-saw the last few months it looks like the best time to buy the Accord is 3 to 4 months before the end of the model year of an outgoing design. Once the newly designed Accord hits the showrooms, with prices closer to MSRP the dealers seem to be less inclined to offer big discounts on the outgoing model cars.
  • uszsxa3uszsxa3 Member Posts: 16
    myodyssey1, can you please contact me. uszsxa3@gmail.com
  • colloquorcolloquor Member Posts: 482
    When "Mr. Opportunity" starts knocking, you should seriously look at buying that Honda you've been looking for. Honda's year-end clearance advertising is well-known for its timing.
    I received quotes that are almost identical to yours
    (from 2 dealers in NJ). Very interesting.

Having missed out on deals on a Sedan (apprently),
    I am beginning to consider buying a 07 Accord Coupe
    for which the $2000 rebate is still in place.
    I was quoted $17,679 + tax + tags
    for a 07 Accord Coupe LX AT 4 cyl. I understand that
    the car is not as roomy as a sedan. Comments
    on the model and price/quote would be appreciated.
    The worst thing a person can do is buy a car they really don't want just because of the price!

You will quickly forget what you paid anyway.

I'm afraid that those who waited and waitied, thinking prices would go down further have outsmarted themselves.

The selection is now down to almost nothing.
  • wannacar3wannacar3 Member Posts: 3
    :shades: I've been looking to purchase the Accord for some time. The best quote received during the Opportunity sale was 22,872 OTD in NJ. However, they did not have the car on the lot as they claimed so we left.

We decided to give it another shot last week. Not too many dealers have the 4 cyc in stock, nevertheless the color we wanted. S0 long story short - We got the car!

The details:

2007 Accord EXL - auto, 4 cyc
    MSRP: 25,645
    Sale Price: 21,300
    Tax+Docs: 23,200 OTD
    Dealer threw in wheel locks, mud guards, trunk tray...

Not too shabby for the "aftersale".

No regrets here - we got exactly what we wanted!
    In my case I didn't know that I'd need a new car
    until ealier this month. So it is a case of starting late
    rather than pure indecision. But in general your point is well taken. It would be a compromise between taste
    and price if I get a coupe. I do appreciate your opinion.
  • jerryhigginsjerryhiggins Member Posts: 5
    Your right. I bought a Hybrid around 8/11 and got an incredible deal. Bought another one on 9/13 and couldn't come close to the same deal. :(
  • everblueeverblue Member Posts: 27
    Could you please tell me which NJ dealer you got yours from? I'm also interested in an 07 Accord EX-L. I have a feeling you got yours from Open Road Honda.
  • royhobbs47royhobbs47 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone had success finding this car at the price mentioned ($22375+destination charge+tax+title+doc.fee)in California? So far, the larger dealers are saying high 23K's is the best they can do?

Thanks.
  • wannacar3wannacar3 Member Posts: 3
    everblue - No - I got the car from DCH Paramus (great service). However VIP Honda gave me the best quote.

My issue with Open Road was they allowed us to test drive a SOLD car!!

Good luck!
    Tax + Docs = $1900? Pretty hefty doc fees.
    But overall the OTD (which is what counts)
    still beats the best quote I got.
  • dnwang12dnwang12 Member Posts: 6
    I bought it from VIP Honda at NJ. You should be able to get even better deal in California.

MSRP is $27400, internet price is $22375. This is EXL V6 Auto. color is desert mist, I like it!
  • dnwang12dnwang12 Member Posts: 6
    You got good deal. I was looking to buy EXL, auto 4 cyc orignially. The best quote I got was $21400-$21500 (including destination charge). What color did you choose?
  • terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    I disagree. I almost always buy a car based on price. To many times you hear people falling in love with one particular car and just gotta have it. This is when the dealers have you and flip you over upside down on a car. I buy on price realizing a car is just a method of transportation and I will sell it in a few years and get another one.
    I always remember the price I paid for a car and am sure everyone else does. If they get taken for a ride by a dealer the unpleasant feeling associated with the purchased car will be experienced every time they drive it or think about their car.
    Now if you get a car at a good price you will always think about the positive situation with the car, while your making the monthly payments and when you go to trade the car in on your new car, by not being flipped over in it.
  • lambulambu Member Posts: 16
    Curious to read 08 Accord buyer's experiances and it looks like 07 model still dominating the market.. ;)
    Well, we disagree.

If I buy a car, I want to like it and not settle for something else because of price.

You remember the price you paid, but I sure don't and I think most people are like me. Buy something, and get on with life. If you got "taken for a ride", then you shouldn't have bought that car from that dealer.

Someone who really wants a 4 door sedan is going to hate that coupe every time their rear seat passengers struggle and every time they have to deal with those huge doors when they are in a tight parking space. They will quickly forget about how they saved a few lousy bucks when they bought it.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,941
    I almost always buy a car based on price.

I'm terribly sorry.

But how is that Chevy Aveo treating you?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• oarsdadoarsdad Member Posts: 64
    It's kinda funny that you mentioned the Aveo. This afternoon I just turned an Aveo in to the rental company after driving it for four days while my Odyssey was getting a dinged fender replaced. I learned one thing from that experience - However much one pays for an Aveo.... it's too much!
  • according2according2 Member Posts: 5
    Try Tracy Honda.. 209 area code M. Bruckner.. very straight up operation
    I did not say I bought the cheapest car I could find. I have never owned a Yugo. The price relative to be a good car and bargain priced is the direction I go. Buy it, drive it a while and then flip it and then look for another that fits my criteria.
    If I can not get it at a good deal I move on to another car.
    Many car dealers that have had a used car, or some new cars, on their lot over 100 days will sell it at almost zero profit to get it off the lot. They do not want stale cars on the lot. Whereas a car on the lot for only a couple of weeks they will try to maximize their profits on it.
    Yeah, but consider this...

If it's a new or used car that's been sitting for 100 days, it's probably something that's unpopular, an oddball color etc. So, perhaps you can get it for a bargain price but when you go to "flip" it, you will find that it's just as unpopular as it was before and you may find no takers.

That is, unless you give it away for a distressed price, same way you bought it!
    Last car I bought was an 2005 Accord LX, a one owner trade in, that I found at the local Cadillac dealer. I assumed not many import shoppers went to a Cadillac store. The salesman said the car ready to go to the auction because it had not sold. I think I got it close to wholesale price.

Your right, since I got in it at a good price, I should be able to also get out of it at a good price for the next buyer.
    As stated earlier a car is my transportation not my paycheck that I have to sell at a profit to feed my family.
  • sungodmansungodman Member Posts: 6
    Special Edition V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

MSRP: $23,985
    Car was red tagged at: $20700 USD
    I told sales person (SP) I knew about the $2,000 incentive to dealer
    Upon beginning negotiation, SP said $20,700 excluded about $600 of destination charges. He offered $19,999 + $600 destination charge: $20,600. I didn't accept. He then offered to cover $400 of destination charges, so price dropped to $20,200 USD. I rejected and offered $19,999 (including dest charges). $19,999 is where we stand now. Anyone have any thoughts if this is a good deal? How much more do you think I can discount?
    Another fact: Invoice price on the V6 SE is $21,795 (including $635 destination) and excluding the $2000 incentive.
  • david116david116 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a 2007 Accord with Value packaage. I am not quite sure what a value package consists of. This is a 2007 with 21,500 miles @ $16,595. I have never owned a Honda before and would like some feedback concerning price, performance, etc.
    This is 4 cyl, 5 speed auto. Thanks for any response.
  • jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    I am considering buying a 2007 Accord with Value packaage. I am not quite sure what a value package consists of.

Here are the Honda models on edmunds and this will give you an idea of what the value package consists of:

http://www.edmunds.com/honda/accord/2007/index.html

This is a 2007 with 21,500 miles $16,595.

Well, I would try to get a brand new 2007 with value package. I saw one at a local dealer this morning so I know if you search you can still probably find one. The invoice of a 2007 VP new is $17,613. And people have been buying them under invoice. In my opinion to get a new one with zero miles is better than one with 21,500 miles at almost the same price.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I thought the $2000 incentive was reduced or dropped.
    Where is there an up to date list of Accord incentives?
    I don't see any incentives for 2007 Accords listed on the Edmunds website or the Honda website.
    The $2000 incentive for the 07 SE V6 is active until Oct. 31, 2007 http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/honda/accord/100782900/incentives.html

Marketing Support
    $2000 Cash to Dealer start: 09/05/2007 end: 10/31/2007 Get Dealer Pricing
    Restrictions None.
    Comments Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

There's an $800 incentive for the I4 SE. I had this information before negotiating and the salesperson confirmed it's true. It doesn't appear Honda is advertising it too much. The 2007 is a much better deal, in my opinion--that is, if you want to keep it in the long run since the resale value of the 08 will be higher in the shortrun.

Considering the demand for the I4 2008s, it doesn't seem worth paying at or about MSRP.
    It must be regional, not nationwide. In my zip code it comes up as:

"There is no marketing support available at this time."

"There are no customer or dealer cash rebates or incentives available at this time."
    4 door sedans are at many dealerships right now.
    The coupe was recently added to the Honda website, but is not at any dealerships yet.
    When will coupes be on sale?
    Wow..! And you STILL didn't buy it??
  • gerbies1gerbies1 Member Posts: 3
    I went to two dealerships over the weekend and here's the better of the two deals on a 07 Honda Accord Sedan V6 EX-L, automatic.

MSRP - $27,995
    Invoice - $24,700
    Sale Price - $24,900
    Current Negotiated amount - $23,000

I went for the lease...it's a 36 month, 15k mile lease with $750 total paid out of pocket (first month's payment & fees). My trade-in (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee) was a wash (they are offering to pay off the entire balance). My payments are $365 out the door, including my CT taxes.

Considering the loss of all incentives (except the dealer cash), I thought this was a pretty good deal.

Thoughts???
    You bet I did. ;)
    I am looking at a used 2006 EXLV6 Accord sedan with 39,000 miles. It is a one owner car with no damage or repair history. The car is in great condition except the miles are a little high. I have talked them down to $17,500.00 plus tax. I am asking if this is a good price or not. The car listed for almost $28,000.00 new.
    About a $10,000.00 depreciation for two years of use.
    Any thoughts?