Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• trs900trs900 Member Posts: 19
    I need a deal like this, wonder why they would sell for this price even over the net as it looks to be under invoice, my local dealer said no way would they even consider this price as they would lose money along with some dealers I contacted in Georgia..personally I would like to see them lose money on my deal, they can make it up on someone else..LOL.. I have a friend who transports cars from the North East to Florida ( I actually have a car coming from Mass right now-antique) and if I knew who the dealer was I would contact him by email so I could get this deal also..
  • carquote1carquote1 Member Posts: 25
    Thanks kiawah!

I am in Houston Texas. So $2,000 under invoice would give me a target price of $22,800. I should not try to cut into the hold back at all?
  • adam27adam27 Member Posts: 5
    Bought 2007 EXL-V6 yesterday for $22,467 (including destination charges); paid $199 for doc and $254 for title plus nj sales tax. I thought I got a good deal.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Try it, the worst they can say is no thanks and kick you out. They have autos to sell, and you are one of some number of buyers. If you have your heart set on a particular car, or a particular dealership, then I wouldn't be fooling around too much or wasting too much of your own time.

If getting that extra 100 bucks is so important to you, and you have nothing better to do with your time, and you are indifferent as to whether you get a 2007 with the features you want and the color you want, and don't mind driving an hour away to try to save a 100 bucks, then go for it. You may find a particular dealer and a particular salesman who just needs one more car to get some bonus. On the other hand, you may not and have to leave to go elsewhere.

Nobody understands your situation better than you, but there comes a point in time where it's not worth it for you to try to save an extra buck. Likewise there comes a point in time for the dealership that they'll deem your deal not worth it and they'll just sell it to the next person in the door...whether they come in tomorrow or next week/month.

The best time to have bought a 2007 was about at least a month ago when the deals were as good as now, and supply was high. You're on the otherside of the hump now, and you should be seeing less inventory choices available.

You can worry yourself to death forever, wondering if you could have gotten an extra 50 off. You won't find a great value deal like 2007 accords for another 5 years.
    adam27: Did you get it for $22,467 including the $199 doc fee and $253 title or were these charges in addition to the $22.467? Congrats on the new car.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Everything you said could also be flipped around on the dealer as to whether it is "worth their time" to start over spending more hours of multiple employees time to find and deal with a new, serious and financially qualified customer when they're are only $50 to $100 away from making a deal on a $24,000 car and have a qualified buyer who is ready to buy right now sitting in front of them.
  • jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    I need a deal like this, wonder why they would sell for this price even over the net as it looks to be under invoice,

I don't see that the price that was quoted in post# 17368 was under invoice. $28,870

My estimate for invoice is 90% of MSRP.

$30,260 @ 90% = $27,234 plus $635 destination= $27,869.

So I think the dealer sold it for $1,000 over invoice.
    I agree. Thats why I say to try it.... make a written OTD offer to the dealer. Worst they can say is no, and if they do, you move on. He offers a quick deal, no haggling. If it fits within their deal making profile and the wind is blowing in the right direction, they may take it. Or when he walks, they might call back the next day. Put it in writing, leave name and phone number.
  • trs900trs900 Member Posts: 19
    I was referring to the qouted price of $25,415 for an 2008 Accord EXL-6.. I usually figure destination into dealer's invoice so when someone says under invoice it includes destination since it is on window sticker.. maybe I missed something, if not this price is very good, I will be happy to give any dealer $25,415 for 08 EXL-6 plus Florida sales tax and tag transfer, heck I'll even give them a dealer fee of $500 on top of price as long as it happens today or tomorrow. I like a total price from dealer including rip off fees if any, but not including actual tax I must pay to state and tag cost determined by Florida, that way I can shop the price anywhere in the country knowing I will have to add only state tax and tag fees when I register it..
  • pcwnsxpcwnsx Member Posts: 1
    Hi

The negotiation got stuck yesterday. The dealer's last price was like 20500 when we left. He emailed us and asked not to miss this deal. How can we continue the bargain today? What should be a better price? 20000? Anyone having experience please help us out. Million thanks
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    You can worry yourself to death forever, wondering if you could have gotten an extra 50 off. You won't find a great value deal like 2007 accords for another 5 years.

Oh, I don't know about that! Hyundai fans will tell you the Sonatas are the best deal going..... :)
    Sorry, since it was in the Honda Accord Prices Forum, statement was specific to Honda Accords. After these 2007's are gone, you won't be seeing Honda Accords again going for 2K under invoice till end of this new generation.
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Member Posts: 263
    (I posted something similar to this in the Civic prices paid forum)

Ok, I think I'm getting my final numbers. I am debating between an '07 Civic w/ Nav and an '07 Accord w/ Nav (pref Coupe, pref auto).

The best '07 Civic Coupe w/ Auto & Nav price that I am getting in the DC/Baltimore area is $19,390 + tax, tags, & dealer processing. The best '07 Accord Coupe EXL-Nav Auto price I am getting (which was just emailed to me) is $22,990 + tax, tags, dealer processing.

Haven't tried to push these numbers in person yet though. So on Monday, I'm going to try and get that Civic price lower. If I can, then I'll go with the Civic. Otherwise, I will go for the Accord since it's $3,500 more.

There's a price difference of $5,000 between the invoice price of both cars so I feel as if there should be that sort of savings between the two in prices.

However, the difference between Edmunds TMV price between the two is just around $3k ($20,754 on the Civic vs. $23,819 on the Accord) so maybe I have tapped rock bottom prices and really can't negotiate more.

Let's see what happens.

I don't really care if I push too hard or wait too long to lose out on the Civic because there are still quite a few '07 Accords w/ Nav around the DC area. At the end of the day, I really would rather have an Accord anyways. But I want the Civic if I can get it for the lowest price possible.
  • vital411vital411 Member Posts: 67
    What are the minimum fees needed when leasing an 08?
    Is it just, First Mo Pmt, Sec Deposit, Acq Fee, and Tags?

Any idea what the Sec Deposit and Acq fees are?

Also anyone know what the Rear Wing Spoiler or the Rear Camera accessories should go for?

Thanks!
  • myranassermyranasser Member Posts: 15
    :confuse: What are the going prices in the NY metro area for I4 2007 Accord SE or EX?
  • myranassermyranasser Member Posts: 15
    Are they still available? 2007 Accord SE or EX.
    email around and ask.. use edmunds to hit up a bunch of dealers at once.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Dealer is offering an '07 Hybrid (without NAV) for $24,999 (MSRP is $31,6xx). Does this seem to be in line with other current deals on '07 Accords?
  • nh07fannh07fan Member Posts: 5
    I've been lurking for awhile but wanted to report I picked up a brand new 07 V6 EXL Sedan Graphite Pearl for 21,500 with 252 dealer prep.

They gave me 10.5 for my 04 (same model lighter gray) with 82k miles, had a tree fall on it last month 4k worth of damage to hood back window and trunk. Repair looked good on the surface but I'm no expert. Seemed like a good deal.

I read that the stereo doesn't play mp3 recordings but don't understand why? The 04 plays them. Doesn't really matter as I spend most of my time in XM or am sports radio. I like the oil life indicator.
  • buffalony1buffalony1 Member Posts: 4
    YOu can get an EX with Leather, 2007 Accord - Automatic ....for $21,500.

I submitted requests through CarsDirect.com and got to this price point....
    Wow nh07fan, so your total minus TT$L was $2175 that sounds like the best deal I have heard of by far! What state are you in?

Any one have any thoughts on how much a 2003 Accord EX V6 6spd coupe with 24k original miles in MINT condition should go for as a trade or even private sale? I know the KBB and Edmunds trade values of the 2 Dr EX V6 Coupe, but they do not list the EX V6 6spd which has a lot more going for it than the regular EX. I know the value will be affected by the currents deals on he 07's, but want a more accurate estimate before approaching a dealer regarding a possible trade.
  • jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    Also anyone know what the Rear Wing Spoiler or the Rear Camera accessories should go for?

Here's a link to a dealer who sells the wing spoiler and rear camera so you can get an idea on pricing.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_accord_4dr_accessories/2008_accord_exteri- or.htm

What are the minimum fees needed when leasing an 08?

It really depends on your lease which depends on your credit. You're probably going to need to get that info from the dealer. However, if you want an IDEA on what some of the payments are like, you can click this link on the honda web-site that has some sample lease terms

http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers.aspx
  • conrad7790conrad7790 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a 07 EX-L sedan, 4 cyl, in silver for $21.1k + tt. Left the dealership out the door at $23.5k. The deal for EX-L V_6 sedan was $22.9k but we went with the 4cyl. We feel we got a good deal. New car with 5 miles on it. Classic Honda in Orlando, FL.
  • newhonda07newhonda07 Member Posts: 17
    Looks like a good deal. Here in Ft. Lauderdale FL, I was offered 22.5K OTD (20600 + 499 + 1236 + 25 + 200) on a 2007 Accord EX-L 4-cyl Auto. Color is black and black.

The new car had 23 miles on it. I went to pick it up, but heard rattling sound from the back, it looked like something behind the backseats in the trunk. The salesman said he is going to get it fixed today for me to pick it up.

Do you think its a good deal? Or should I be worried about the rattling sound for a new car that's under the weather for much of this year?

Thanks in advance.
  • scottf49scottf49 Member Posts: 5
    Went to a dealership in Long Island, NY and was offered this price + TTL. From what Ive read on here thats a pretty good price but I thought Id check if anyone on here has heard better, thanks!
  • 2007sev62007sev6 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a SE-V6 in late July for:

$2k below Invoice Price: $19159
    Dest: $595
    Dealer Fees/Profit: $549
    -----------------
    Total: $20,303 + TTL

I could have saved about $300-$400 more by traveling out of state at the time, but I didn't feel it was worth my time & effort/hassle. Prices dropped by about $500 more in August, but I am happy with the deal I got. My goal was to get a 2007 Accord at a good price, not the lowest price possible. This was in Queens, NY.
  • 74357435 Member Posts: 40
    trs 900
    hi,
    are you saying you bought or were quoted invoice of 25,415 + destination charge of 635 total 26,050 no other charges like doc fees or d&h.? for a 2008 4dr sed honda accord ex-l v6 automatic. a car that has a 28,060 +635 or 28,695. sticker price?

would you please send me an email at pbraun3219@aol.com telling me of your good fortune and the dealer and city and state and tel number so i can try to buy at the same price.
    thank you so much . i love this forum.
  • scottf49scottf49 Member Posts: 5
    pcwnsx, which dealer in Queens did you purchase the car at? Thats a great price , especially back in July
  • 2007sev62007sev6 Member Posts: 2
    The one on Hillside Ave. in Jamaica, NY.
  • nh07fannh07fan Member Posts: 5
    Thanks

I'm in New Hampshire. Very surprised with the deal, was planning on waiting another year. Was also going to go to a 4 cylinder but mileage isn't all that different and I wanted traction control. My car payment actually went down by 12 dollars and that's is 12 dollars lower than my car allowance. A real no brainer!
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    I'm buying an 08 V-6L w/Nav. Any idea if these are being discounted? The dealer said he would work with me, been doing business w/them for a long time. Co-worker bought an 04 Odysee @ 5% off list.
    Mileage is close according to EPA ratings, but most people see bigger differences between 4 and V6 than the ratings indicate when they spend more time driving in city traffic than on extended highway road trips.
    We will have to wait for real world owners to post to see how this plays out for the 2008 Accord.
  • grampy1grampy1 Member Posts: 140
    My wife purchased a SE V-6 in middle of August for $19,345 o.t.d.
  • george123george123 Member Posts: 16
    EXV6 with Navigation + Body Side Molding + Rear View Camera - Leased for 3 years, 15K Miles per year. $4,000 down and $400 a month. Yes, I paid too much, but I want to be the first "kid on the block with the new toy." Delivery is promised one week from tomorrow, with the dealer loaning me a car till the new one comes in, if it isn't delivered 'on time.'

I am excited!!!!

George
  • doodlerdoodler Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a Honda Accord 2007 EXL V6 for 23,200/- (TTL + ST extra). There are a few dealer add on items like Tint, trunk tray, etc. I had multiple quotes between 22,900/- and 22,600/-. Getting a price of 23,000/- (plus/minus $100) is an achievable target. The color choices are however dwindling now.
  • gotmycargotmycar Member Posts: 8
    See my post 17367, I bought an 08 Accord Sedan EXL V6 with Navi and received a discount.
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    That is unreal. I hope i can get it for 5% off MSRP. I know the dealer/owner very well he is the one i am going thru. He has it ordered & it is scheduled for production 1st week of Oct. Done business with him for 20+ years maybe he will come off list.
    Here are my updated best prices for an '07 Accord w/ Nav Auto (Sedan & Coupe):

Dealer 1:
    2007 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe with Leather, Navigation & ASutomatic Transmission: Alabaster Silver & Cool Blue Metallic $22,990 + $100 = $23,090 * .05% tax = $1154.50 + tags $195 = $24,439.50

Dealer 2:
    2007 Accord EXL-Navi 2dr automatic in Cool Blue = $22,889 + $100 processing fee = $22,989 * 5% tax in MD = $1149.45 + tags $195 = $24,333.45

Dealer 3:
    $24,400 out the door for 2007 Silver ACCORD EXL-NAV Auto Sedan (which means the price + freight should be close to Dealer 2 at around $23,950ish)

Dealer 4:
    2007 Accord EXL-Nav Auto Sedan: $22650 plus tax, tags, freight and $100 processing

- - - -

Are these low enough compared to what the best deals are that people are getting on similarly equipped '08's (basically top of the line w/ no V6).

Also, if I hit a standstill on price, I want to negotiate options in. What should I try to get. Maybe a spoiler if I get a coupe? How much do you think that would cost the dealer? One of the things I really wanted to try and get is a new Navi DVD for my '04 Accord EXL-Nav Sedan Auto. There's a lot that seems out of date now in that car.

I really wanted that iPod thing that Honda offered themselves (musiclink I believe) but it seems that's not being offered anymore since it wasn't working right - is that correct?
  • george123george123 Member Posts: 16
    Congrats...that being said, I was very specific about the color I wanted - silver, and the interior color - grey. I could have had a small ($1,000) discount if I would accept silver with a black interior. However, living in south Florida, and having had a black interior, I wanted grey. Please share with us what you like MOST about your 08 - is the variable cylinder activation noticeable? I am so excited!

George
  • gotmycargotmycar Member Posts: 8
    What I like most is that the car is mistaken for a $45K+ sports sedan. The value of the car Honda offers is unsurpassed in the marketplace. This is my fourth Accord, four generations of the car, and by far the best -- the best ride, handling, fit and finish. Countours of the seats and the way the car holds you as you drive. I'd liken it to this. In my 2000 Accord, you sat in the car, with this, the car almost "holds" you in the seat. Power is like my neighbor's Lexus GS350; this car has punch. VCM is not noticeable other than an indicator light on the dash. That they have overengineered so much into this car for this price is what continues to amaze me going into our second week of ownership.
    I finally made the deal on a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L 4-cylinder Automatic sedan.
    Its from a dealership in Hollywood, FL. 22,400 OTD. Here is the breakdown:

Selling price: 20283.17
    Dealer service fee: 599.95
    Florida battery/tire fee: 6.50
    Sales tax 6%: 1253.38
    County surtax 0.5%: 25.00
    MVWEA: 2.00
    Registration/tag/title: 230.00
    Total 22400.00

I feel like I made a good deal. What do you think?
  • sujithsujith Member Posts: 2
    im based in charlotte north carolina n looking to get a 07 accord lx in the range of 17,500-18,000 OTD, please anyone here knew about the dealers within the radius of 3-5 hours drive,post the details here, i am all set to buy the car anytime.
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709

:shades:

Pics from non-US markets.
  • sfukrsfukr Member Posts: 13
    Hi,
    Isn't this the Australian version of the Camry?
  • everblueeverblue Member Posts: 27
    Wow, that was an excellent price! Did you get it from Maroone Honda of Hollywood? How did you manage to get that price?
    everblue,
    Yep I got it from there last night. I requested quotes from dealers all the way from West Palm Beach to Miami. Pretty much everyone is saying around 23000 OTD. One dealer in Ft. Lauderdale agreed for 22500 OTD. Then I asked Maroone if they can beat it. He agreed for 22400 so I went with them.

Personally I found that if you mention that you are ready to buy TODAY if the price is right, the dealers are more aggressive in their quotes.

One thing I noticed is that these dealers do not have very many 2007s (EX-L 4-cyl Auto sedan) in stock, or it seemed like they didn't. So if you have a color preference and in need of a car, this is a good time to buy the 2007 Accords.

For me, luckily, I found the car with my color choice (Graphite Pearl/Gray leather interior) and price.
    I think I was quoted 19,600 OTD for 2007 SE V6 Auto sedan in Florida. I was looking for an EX-L I4 Auto though.

Personally I would not pay more than 20000. So yes, I think 20000 is a good deal.
  • myfunkycoupemyfunkycoupe Member Posts: 5
    I got a similar model coupe minus navi in July for about $24K OTD. I'd say if you want a coupe, go for that deal. I don't know that you can or will do better since the 2007 coupes have been in rather limited supply.