Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• malcolmrmalcolmr Member Posts: 5
    I'm in the market for this model and will appreciate advice from other buyers in North Carolina for the dealership with least hassle and best value.

Additionally, I have a 2000 Accord SE with about 93000 miles. Is it best to trade or try to sell on my own?

Thanks.
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    25.1k + TTL ($900 over invoice) on a 08 Accord EX V6 in SoCal. I'm in NorCal and dealers are asking 2k over MSRP.

Is 25.1k + TTL a decent deal at this time?
  • zimharryzimharry Member Posts: 2
    Pulled the trigger on EX-L V6 No Nav yesterday. Price was $26,442 plus $132 documents fee plus $254 Title plus $16 for tire tax and online registration fee plus 7% sales tax for $1851.........Total of $28695
    Started negotiating at 29K last month right after launch. I have a feeling '08 Accords are not moving. Be patient and stay firm with your target price. Oh,btw, love the car!!!!!
  • clwalkerclwalker Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 08 Accord EX-L with manual transmission from Bankston Honda in Lewisville. After an initial horrible visit to McDavid in Frisco, I was skeptical about a visit to another dealership. The staff at Bankston could not have been more friendly. I arrived first thing in the morning and gave them an offer of $24,500 for the new vehicle and asked for $2,000 for my trade, a 1998 Mazda 626. Both offers were accepted without argument. This was $3,000 less than the OTD price at McDavid. The vehicle I wanted was not on the lot so they agreed to order it for me at no extra charge. At the time of signing, there was no hidden fees and no surprises. The entire process took under an hour. I would highly recommend this dealership.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Congrats! Hope you'll drop by our Dealer Ratings & Reviews page to report your experiences with both dealerships. That would be a great help to other consumers in your area.
  • maxblacksmaxblacks Member Posts: 1
    I am looking forward to buy accord-08 EX, do you guys have any good experiences with any dealers in and around Philadelphia ?
  • gjagja Member Posts: 28
    Which dealer?
  • newhonda07newhonda07 Member Posts: 17
    You should be able to get a better deal, up to another $1000 less. Please check with other dealers before taking this offer.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    A little help please. If I've been reading the posts correctly, the target price for a '07 SE V6 is somewhere between 19.5 & 20K, is that correct?
  • dengjundengjun Member Posts: 9
    I tried to buy a 2007 EXL accord V6. my favor color is Black/Ivory. I only found one black/Ivory and a couple of Black/black in my city. However, the VIN in the only black/ivory looks too strange to me.

1HGCM66587A0013XX

According to Honda Automotive VIN codes in Wikipedia, the last six digits or seven digits are the production sequence number. So this Black/Ivory is the 1,3xxth car Honda made in US in 2007.

if you compare the VIN in other sample type car, you will know the black/ivory must be very old. for example, one Black/black, which just sitting beside the black/ivory, has 1HGCM66517A0722XX, that means the black /black is the 72,2XXth car Honda made for 2007 Exl v6 model.

So the black/ivory must be built in Sep 2006 because the sequence number is so small. Also the dealer told me that this car is brand new and only has about 100 miles. I did ask how long this car is sitting here and dealer told me it may be five or six months.

My concerns is why the black/ ivory has such small Sequency number. why has this car not be sold for one year? why it stay in the dealership for one year?

Black/Ivory is my favor color but the car is too old. Black / black is my second favor color but the car is much newer. I just wondering which car I should choose?

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

[edit] Production sequence number
    Canadian models share same VIN as U.S. except that their sequence numbers start at 800000. It is also important to note that, in the U.S., positions 13-17 must be a number, whereas position 12 may be either a letter or a number
  • mppedersenmppedersen Member Posts: 25
    I will agree that the offer I took was a little on the high side, expecially the dealer procesing fee, however, I was up against renting a vehicle otherwise. (My Ram is still in the shop, undrivable, over two weeks later, waiting on a part :mad:) The flip side was this was the best offer I had got after a week of haggling. Most would refuse to do the deal for anything less than $1000 over invoice, citing a lack of dealer incentives. I mentioned the $751.80 holdback, regardless. I gave each dealership and offer of $25,300 OTD. A couple dealerships hung up the phone on me at that point, a few tried to haggle me up to $25,900 or so OTD, and I would not budge.

The add ons were the OEM wheel locks and the OEM mudflaps. According to the Honda website, the MSRP of the mudflaps is $99 and the MSRP of the wheel locks is $49. My guess is the dealership paid somewhere in the $80-$100 range for the materials and the labor was done by a mechanic on salary.

Remember, I did this deal two weeks ago. I'm sure I could have got that price down another $250-300 today, but I would have been renting a car for two plus weeks. Factor that in and everything is a wash. I'm happy, plus the 28.25 MPG the second tank got has been paying dividends too.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    I think your concerns are misplaced (so what if nobody's bought it) but since it bothers you, don't buy the black/ivory.

Of course, you could look at this another way - it's still there because it was destined for you!
  • caddymancaddyman Member Posts: 12
    Try Sussman Honda in Willow Grove, PA. On 10/19/07 bought a white 2008 Accord EX-L MSRP of $26,495 for $24,000 plus tax and tags. Worked for it but got it. Once the deal was made, all went very smoothly. Clearly a step above the Camry XLE. My wife loves the car! Good Luck!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    Have you been to the dealer? The month/year of manufacture are on a plate on the driver's door jamb. That way, you won't have to calculate it.

If you can't get to the dealer, ask the salesperson to call you on his cell phone, while looking at the plate, and tell you what it states.

Easy.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jillejille Member Posts: 6
    Wow. Isn't $24k under invoice for an EX-L?
  • tonycrystaltonycrystal Member Posts: 1
    I live in NC and just bought an '08 EX Accord Sedan on 10/20 for $24,200 "Out the door". The price included wheel locks, trunk tray, pinstripe, rear spoiler and mud guards. Good luck!
    Thank you. I think I will check the Month/year of manufacture on the plate on the driver' door Jamb.

I think it may do not make senses to pay same money on one car sitting there for one year. Thanks.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    So pay somewhat less if it is really that old. The warranty doesn't start until you buy the car. The main disadvantage is that the car has had extra months of sun exposure on the paint and interior. The other is that it will probably be just as hard for you to resell used as it is for the dealer to sell new. You will probably have to forget about a private party resale and will have to turn it in at trade-in prices when you are ready to get rid of it.
    thank you for the suggestions. The other strange thing is that the origional dealer on the paper is not my local dealer, is a dealer in FL, called Tampa Honda Land.

I am just confusing why this car is transferred from a dealer in FL to Minnesota, where I live? Can not be sold in FL so that it is shipped to Minneapolis?

I will ask dealer next monday.
  • bluewonderbluewonder Member Posts: 19
    where did you buy in NC and was this a 4cyl or gcyl EX...I was quoted $25,500 OTD in Durham NC on the 190 hp 4 cyl EX....I knew they could do better than that price but it was waht they tried
  • bluewonderbluewonder Member Posts: 19
    sorry I meant 4 cyl or 6cyl
  • dpmeersmandpmeersman Member Posts: 275
    Purchased my 08 EX-L V6 Sedan almost a month ago and have only favorable impressions of the experience. Bought from Lundgren Honda in Auburn,MA and from the knowledgeable salesman to the actual delivery I can think of nothing negative to report on. Initially I was told I would be waiting about 3 weeks for my car to be delivered right from Honda Ohio but 3 days after I put a down payment on the car I received a call saying they located one identical to what I had ordered in Connecticut and it had already been delivered and they were preping it and I could pick it up in 24 hours. Paid around $1,200 below sticker. This is my 5th new car purchase and the least stressful of them all.
  • socrlovrsocrlovr Member Posts: 1
    I've worked hard to get the best deal in the Atlanta area and it looks like $28,538 (inludes only Destination) is the best I can do. Sound about right?
  • dreamtheaterrdreamtheaterr Member Posts: 9
    The 08 Accords are a trifle overpriced. The remodeled Civic and CRV got expensive and so did the 08 Accord. I think Honda has mispriced the Accords in an economy that is on the brink of recession. Honda messed up with pricing the Ridgeline a bit too high too.

Just my two cents from a Honda observer.

PS - I bought my 05 CRV new.
  • mvbrockmvbrock Member Posts: 5
    36 month lease 12k/yr.....5 oil changes included
    I have completed the paperwork tonight and I will pick up my new 2007 honda EXL V6 tomorrow. The total price is $23,800 OTD including 6.5% Tax.

Could somebody share a pick-up checklist with me or tell me what I should pay attention to when pick up the new car? Thanks.
  • ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    RE:08 Accords are a trifle overpriced

Agreed, That is why even here in the Bay Area there is none on the road and we even have a good economy.

Unless Honda starts discounting they're just going to sit on the lots, people here just won't pay MSRP for anything,
    there is just to many other choices to do that. :shades:
  • agie1agie1 Member Posts: 25
    If you are looking for 2008 accord sedan, please email me.
    I just purchased it at invoice price. I will give you the salesperson name by email.
  • jillejille Member Posts: 6
    I was just about to buy a 2008 Accord at 2% over invoice. Who did you purchase from and what model did you buy? Thank you!!
  • eyedrbeyedrb Member Posts: 4
    Are you guys quoting the invoices supplied by dealer or one found online somewhere? Dealer invoices are usually marked up. If you all know of a place to get the invoice please let me know.

I agree on them being a bit overpriced. Noway Im spending 31k for a honda accord.
  • easebizeasebiz Member Posts: 2
    2007 Accord SE V6 Auto 20k OTD, tax 6.5%, transfer tag, how is this deal?
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Agie,

Please give me that dealer's name. Thanks.
  • irish77irish77 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 w NAV in the Washington DC area. Any recommended dealers would be greatly appreciated!!
  • salsaqueensalsaqueen Member Posts: 9
    :D I was quoted 22,044 OTD for a 2007 Accord SE I4 in AZ.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    You can get a V6 OTD for that, including tax? I'm not quite sure the way your post is worded. Please clarify.
  • vital411vital411 Member Posts: 67
    Hey, I got a blast email today from Herb Chambers Honda in MA, thought i'd share.
    Looks like some pretty good prices:

2008 Accord LX Auto $18,888
    2008 Accord LX Premium $19,988
    2008 Accord EX Auto $21,888
    2008 Accord EX-L Auto $23,488
    2008 Accord EX-L Nav Auto $25,388
  • jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    Are you guys quoting the invoices supplied by dealer or one found online somewhere?

The actual invoice prices are posted on kbb.com.

Just go to this link and select the Accord style you're looking for:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/2008_Honda_Accord.aspx
  • burningedgeburningedge Member Posts: 5
    I bought a new Accord on Fri. 10/19. When I was driving to work on Mon. 10/22 the car started sputtering and lurching. It had 50 something miles on it. When I turned the car off and restarted it, the engine check light came on and the ECO light would no longer come on, though the car was driveable at that point. Brought the car in and they are working on it.

I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar problem and also what people recommend I do. Should I be happy if they fix this? Will my car be as good as new? I'm pretty sure lemon law doesn't come into play (in California) unless I give them 4 chances to fix it. Can I push for a refund or exchange? Is this problem even something I should worry about? What do you guys think?
  • gjagja Member Posts: 28
    If you are looking for 2008 accord sedan, please email me.
    I just purchased it at invoice price. I will give you the salesperson name by email.

I'd like to know too.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Those prices seem rather low - I'd ask how many they have at each price! Bet not many..... :confuse:
  • eperqueeperque Member Posts: 4
    What should I be paying for an 07 ex-l (v6/leath) in the so fla area...inventory seems to indicate a fair supply still sitting on the lots.

• mcpdjohnmcpdjohn Member Posts: 44
    Sorry to hear of your problem. This is the first problem I've heard of with that engine. I bought an 08 EX-L V6 the week before you, and it has performed flawlessly, but I only have about 250 miles on the car. I think you have to give them a chance to fix it. Hopefully it will be something real simple they fix on the first visit. Good luck.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Yes, you need to give them a chance, be patient. Also, Call American Honda, so that they know about it! That way if the dealer doesn't fix it right, or pulls one on you, than they have awareness of it. Honda takes these situations very seriously. There is no way American Honda would let this one slip through to dealers acting like this. Every Manufacturer is bound to have a kink every now and then, but as long as they take responsibility for it. I would say were real lucky to have American Honda on our side.

Notify American Honda, that is the best thing you can do.
  • agie1agie1 Member Posts: 25
    Do not pay msrp or over invoice price. We can pay 2008 accord sedan at invoice price. We have buying power, we can determine the price in the market. Ask them to give the price over the phone or by email. Do not come to the dealer until you get the price that you are willing to pay. All their bs marketing strategies are over. Dealer still can pay their all expenses although people are paying invoice price. After 1 month, I paid 08 accord at invoice price. All those salespeople said people have to wait 11 months to get invoice price. They were wrong. If you are in ny and nj, email me for more info.
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    I'm in the market for an accord and I live in NJ.

Why not just name the dealer you bought from at invoice?

Domn't need the salesman's name...unless that just happens to be you.
  • montyalomontyalo Member Posts: 12
    I ordered an 08 accord sedan ex-l v6 with NAV at just above invoice at VIP Honda. Did this 3 weeks ago. I haven't received the car yet because they can't locate the exact color combo i'm looking for. Hoping to take delivery in the next few weeks. I know that Open Road Honda was being competitive with price but recently went to $1000 over invoice. Sales guy at Open Road sucked though
  • 74357435 Member Posts: 40
    hi vital411, prices sound to good to be true.
    could you please send me a copy of email from herb chambers. i want to buy a honda accord EX-L, 6 cyl, 4dr, auto for 23,488 as you say was listed in the blast email
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    Of course, California has a lemon law :lemon: and that will be your formal "out" should you need one. However, if I were you, I would raise a little hell first to see if the dealership, itself, is willing to do something. Of course, you should wait until the exact nature of the problem is discovered. If it is a simple problem with a simple fix, no big deal. However, if it is more complicated, I would politely, but very firmly, press the dealership to stand behind the product they are selling. I have a fair amount of experience with handling lemon law cases (although not in California) and I will tell you that there is one universal truth . . .the squeaky (but polite) wheel gets the grease! If they are a higher volume dealership and you are a good customer, perhaps there is something they can do.

If your issue is not resolved quickly, MAKE SURE and keep very good records of the repairs made, the mileage at which those repairs were made, and the amount of time the car spends in the shop. DO NOT depend on the dealership to do this for you!
  • burningedgeburningedge Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info. I will try to follow your advice.

P.S. Also, I'm sorry if I posted this under the wrong thread. I'll add my initial post the the maintenance and repair section
  • loudtiresloudtires Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone.

I'm considering purchasing a 2008 Accord EX V6 in Dallas. A local dealership gave me the price of $25k. Do you think this is a fair price? Also, would you go with a black on black or silver on black?

Thanks for your input!