Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lxdriverlxdriver Member Posts: 8
    i got quoted 23k otd from a local dc dealer for an EX (i4).

good or bad offer?
    I've noticed the invoice they list to me is different than that of kbb. in fact, its lower. any ideas?
  • km283km283 Member Posts: 5
    lxdriver - Could you please share the dealer name? I am looking to buy one in DC and will appreciate it. Thanks !!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "A local dealership gave me the price of $25k"

25K is a good price if it is OTD.
    "We can pay 2008 accord sedan at invoice price"

You should get it BELOW invoice.. next time shop for below invoice.
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    For some reason I'm always concerned about the first-time reader on this forum who sees a post like the one from jb_burner and tragically becomes dissatisfied that she just paid $1000 UNDER MSRP on an 08 Accord. If your out there . . . don't believe everything you read :) There are no dealer or customer incentives available on the 08 Accord right now and I think it is unlikely that most buyers can even get close to invoice on the new Accord. Sure, maybe there are some people who walk into a dealership and just happened to catch the sales manager one hour before he quits and while he is trying to submarine the dealership. . . but I wouldn't count on it. Also remember, the deal some guy got in suburban Chicago offers only limited relevance to the deal you can achieve in small-town Oregon. Often, the prices posted on this forum do not disclose the circumstances surrounding the deal. If your a bargain shopper and want an 08 Accord, do your homework, shop around and don't be afraid to walk away. Also, I believe this forum does establish that you shouldn't have to pay full MSRP. But, don't let this forum be the guide by which you measure your own car buying success. If you do, you will ALWAYS be disappointed!
  • jamese777jamese777 Member Posts: 18
    Excellent advice! Well said.
    Very well worded advice.
  • agie1agie1 Member Posts: 25
    actually, I paid $20,680 for LXP auto including destination. how much lower should I pay?
    $10,000 below invoice?
    In post 17939 you advertise for us to email you for a good price in NJ and NY and you are not sure how much you should pay?
  • vital411vital411 Member Posts: 67
    I'm not even buying an accord from them as I've got mine on order from a RI dealer, haven't signed a firm price with them but will see what the "market price" is when my car comes in. Since it's rare no one else will have one so i'm kinda stuck to get it from my dealer - if they don't play ball they'll have to keep it!

Before the price list was this intro:
    Here we go into the 2008 Model Year!

And Herb Chambers Honda of Seekonk wants to get a jump on the market. Now through October 31st 2007 Herb Chambers will have a special offering of 2007 leftover Hondas and Special Priced 2008 models. That's right we are kicking of the 2008 season with
    SPECIAL PRICING for everyone

Then they listed a lot of pricing, i only copied the Accord prices. Hope this could help negotiate a better deal from your own dealers!
  • hwilljr88hwilljr88 Member Posts: 3
    hey everyone...i am the proud owner of an 08 Accord EX 5sp Auto. I paid 22,960 plus taxes and tags. I live in the DC area . There are NO dealership or factory incentives with the 08 Accord. My bank(federal credit union) had an already negotiated price at one of the area dealers and I did a little hassling about the freight and a couple option charges and i think i got 1 hell of a deal.
  • hwilljr88hwilljr88 Member Posts: 3
    if u have a credit union account u can get an "already negotiated price of 22.860 at ken dixon honda in waldorf...23,860 is factory invoice...but pohanka honda in marlow heights are offering some good deals...they have a lifetime warranty on all new honda purchased there
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    Went after an SE V6, dealer wouldn't go under 22.4 OTD in GA. Yet, some posters here are claiming 20K-21K OTD for the same car. There can't be that much difference in the various local & state taxes, etc.
  • 67rallysport67rallysport Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

Just thought I would let you know what I was able to do on an 08 Accord, EXL with a 4 cyl.

24,700 + TTL

The dealership is Bay Ridge Honda. The salesperson was very professional and low pressure. I told them straight out that I was paying with cash, so we didn't have any discussions on monthly payments.

I had negotiated a deal in Long Island for this car at invoice (the invoice they showed me was for $24,300 which is higher than what is listed in KBB), but they backed out of the deal. The salesman said that the owner vetoed the deal, but I think he may have agreed to a deal that hadn't been approved by the sales manager. The sales manager was particularly rude when I asked him why he couldn't honor the deal.

Hopefully this will be useful for others.

Greg
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Sure, there can be that much difference in taxes. You have some states with 200-300 hundred (or even nill if a trade), others over 1,500.

That's why OTD is really not necessarily a good comparison across states.
  • nkvnkv Member Posts: 24
    I live in south west florida and I am interested in buying a 08 V-6 Honda Accord EX. I have a current offer of $24153 (invoice price)plus about $550 in dealership fees that they want in addition to it. All dealers are trying to add about $4oo to $500 as dealer prep fee. As the trim/color I want is in such a short supply, do you think it is a fair price to pay? How can I negotiate further? Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. By the way, I test drove both the V-4 and V-6 and the latter seemed so smooth and VCM was hardly discernible.
  • rahul100rahul100 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought 2008 EXL V4 for 24063 + ttl out of the door price came to $25832.

I am in Chicago Area. I did all my negotiation online and worked out good for me.
  • rahul100rahul100 Member Posts: 2
    They are selling the 2008 honda for invoice now , don't pay the 550 extra.I bought mine at invoice
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    Where did you buy yours? City and state please. As bug said. It's irrelevant what you said you paid as the market for this vehicle is not the same nationwide.
    Mack
    not true. i emailed various dealers in my area. in fact, the dealer who is giving me the best offer was the only one i didnt e-mail about price until AFTER i went into the dealership. i was offered right off the bat a very good offer. the difference between the email quote and walk in? about $100.

i then was curious as to the price difference between an EX and EX-L. i got a non hassle quote of $23k (EX) and $25k (EX-L) out the door price.

there isnt any financing like the civics, but oh well.

i had most dealers within the same price range withthe exception of one, who wanted about $500 off sticker.
    is that OTD price? because mines $23k OTD for an EX and $25k OTD for an EX-L.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    It's irrelevant what you said you paid as the market for this vehicle is not the same nationwide.

What!?

Over 460 discussions in the Prices Paid forums... We think it's very relevant.. They sell 400K Accords each year.. In Alaska or Hawaii, the price may be a little higher, but I don't think it varies that much, otherwise...

Of course, you may find certain dealers that won't give a good price... but, that's why the forums are here.. So, you know where the good deals are!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jillejille Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking in the DC area too. Which dealer did you use?
  • loudtiresloudtires Member Posts: 4
    I have to pay about $400 in TTL. Does that seem like a fair price to you?
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    We also assume readers here have access to another car and/or airline tickets. If dealers in YOUR area will not deal then find one that will and go get your car. Or wait until your local dealers are hungrier for sales and lower the prices.

Dennis
  • jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    In post 17939 you advertise for us to email you for a good price in NJ and NY and you are not sure how much you should pay?

He was being sarcastic. He said he bought a new Accord for invoice price and was willing to share the details. You thought he didn't do good enough and thought he should have paid below invoice.

If you bought an Accord for below invoice, then post the details. If you didn't, then you're just blowing hot air. Which is it?
    I paid $20,680 for 2008 honda accord sedan LXP auto 4 cyl including destination charge.
    I already bought and picked up this vehicle and the dealer did not have a problem to give this price to me. I don't understand why you and jb_turner have a problem with this.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    does this price include tax, license and fees? what is the total price?
  • chowder2chowder2 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me the name of the salesman at Boch? Iwould really appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    John
    "I paid $20,680 for 2008 honda accord sedan LXP auto 4 cyl including destination charge."

$20,680 OTD is a good price for this car always see if they will go BELOW invoice.
  • caddymancaddyman Member Posts: 12
    I don't know the invoice price. I know that I bought a 2008 EX-L for $24,000 plus tax and tags at Sussman Honda.
  • jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    I already bought and picked up this vehicle and the dealer did not have a problem to give this price to me. I don't understand why you and jb_turner have a problem with this.

I was actually defending you. Jb was the one who was criticizing your deal by saying you did not go below invoice. My response to Jb was if he has a better deal than yours than he needs to post it. If he doesn't than he shouldn't be so critical.
  • dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    After 6 months of deliberation trying to decide what to do and checking the Accord forums daily, I am now the proud owner of my first Accord.

Purchased an '07 SE V6 @ Prestige Honda in Thomasville, GA for $20093. Settled on that price to get me OTD @22K even. According to various posts in this forum, some have gotten deals on this car for about $500 less. I'm still satisfied because I got the only car I wanted.

Problem is I waited too long. Checked numerous dealers within 200 mile radius of my north FL home and found just 2 of these vehicles left. Several posters have commented that there are still numerous '07's available, and while that's true if you research it out chances are you'll find most of them are EX's and EX-L's, in both 4 & 6 cyl. MSRP is 4K more for one of these for a leather interior, sun roof, heated seats and a few other little niceties, but the same engine, audio system, etc.

For me, an all-out-bargain-get-the-most-bang-for-the-buck kind of guy, I wasn't interested in the EX line.
    The LX's and SE's are better bargains (IMO) and I believe that is why they were the first to disappear.

I say all that for those who may be interested in a non-EX '07 model that if you really want one you'd better hurry.
    BTW, very good buying experience there in Thomasville. Everyone was pleasant and professional, would not hesitate to recommend this dealer.
  • dreamcar5dreamcar5 Member Posts: 69
    I plan to buy one and find the following info from Costco website. Can any one share with me on buying this vehicle? Should I ignore the Destination of $635? Any cash incentive from Honda?

Invoice $25,415.97
    Destination $635.00
    Total $26,050.97

I plan to bid $24,800 to start, then finish at $25,215(before Title and Tax). Please kindly advise me if this is doeable. :confuse:
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I would like to know the lowest price paid for a new 2008 Honda Accord LX-P sedan automatic. Thanks.
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Are you talking about '08 Accord V6 EX-L ?
    Yes, some one bought 2008 at invoice price(not sure if paid the destination).

I like this VCM technology on Accord plus 268 HP. In some case, it exceeds Accrua TL. ;)
    sorry, jet10000. I thought you talked about me, because you used "he" when you replied to his message.
    I am trying to help people in ny and nj to get a best price for 2008 accord. Everyone in ny or nj area can email me to get the salesman's info. Thanks.
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    I plan to buy one /w Navi. There are lot of new and fancy technology in this '08 Accord V6 EX-L model. Honda dealers keep sending me emails asking for my purchase at "below MSRP". I love this car too. I am having 4 Accords V6 at home now.
  • pmcgintypmcginty Member Posts: 1
    Currently looking at purchasing a 2008 EX V6. Assuming I have to pay, Dest.-$635, Processing-$100,and Taxes and Tags, what is a fair price (for dealer and me) to offer over invoice? I know various dealerships may have different criteria, but is $500 over invoice (Nada Invoice) a fair offer for most dealers?
  • rog2867rog2867 Member Posts: 34
    I am going to be getting the new accord this is what I was quoted. 28039 for the EX-L V6 with navi. This car in my area (nj) is going to sticker. I am a returning customer so they knocked some off. Was also quoted a lease off that price with a .0029 money factor and a residual of 18845. According to edmunds calculators I should buy the car. What do you guys think?
    "I was quoted. 28039 for the EX-L V6 with navi"

This is a good OTD price.... any more think twice.
  • nanorapturenanorapture Member Posts: 37
    $28039 is the exact invoice price for a EXL w/navi. You can't get much lower than that! The dealer is probably counting on making money off of the lease.

see invoice link here:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/PricingReport.aspx?VehicleId=223871&PCFVehicles=&- ManufacturerId=18&VehicleClass=NewCar&ModelId=122&YearId=2008

-Nano
  • bechanbechan Member Posts: 4
    Anyone out there have any good luck with Detroit area Honda dealers? What are the going prices in this area? I'm going to be buying an EX-L V6 no nav. Checked at one dealer and they are offering $27,910 (includes only destination). Thanks.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    He did not say OTD.

Out the door prices are not useful quotes except people buying in that city at that exact dealer.
    People need to know the breakdown of where the price came from, not the price including their local taxes and license fees.
  • rog2867rog2867 Member Posts: 34
    Thanks for the link, since he quoted me that price, maybe Ill buy it now.
  • thedon3thedon3 Member Posts: 1
    I live in rockland, please tell me where you got it for invoice price
    thanks
    http://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.aspx?gotourl=%2fDefault.aspx

enter your zip code and find the invoice price. I think your bid price start $300 below invoice and double check the cash incentive availability. If there is one split half with the dealer.

Do not pay more than $500 over invoice. :P
    Can any one confirm that there is $1000 dealer incentive for every 08 Accord sold?

I like to confirm this as there is no sense for me to pay this outrageous destination $635.