Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• michaelv20850michaelv20850 Member Posts: 7
    that's a great price. Where is the location?

Too bad, I just bought it for 22,500 (including $500 of mud guard,door trim , wheel lock, plastic trunk mat)+TTL . So OTD is around 23,900.

I've through many dealers in Washingtonian area, but non will go any lower than 22,000, except one but it's a red color and the last one in the lot which i don't want.

I think i get a fair deal and get a color i want since i want to enjoy the car more many years to come.
  • justlooking88justlooking88 Member Posts: 9
    Congratulations! He paid 21800 plus destination fee, TTL. No protection package.So you did a better job.:-)
    I got my 07 EX-L I4 for 21K+TTL. I could get it for 20.5K +TTL. :mad: I got a black on black, I love it!
    Maybe next year... :)
  • jacksonmahoneyjacksonmahoney Member Posts: 3
    You are right, I got screwed, the warranty is from some company called "HondaWarranties Inc". Do you think I should complain?
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    Don't think you got screwed just because you didn't get a Hondacare warranty. You know your getting a good product when you get the Hondacare . . but it doesn't follow that every other warranty is bad. Take a look at your warranty and compare it to the Hondacare language. Maybe you did just fine :) Plus, I think you said earlier that it was FREE!! Free warranties are good warranties :D
  • jacksonmahoneyjacksonmahoney Member Posts: 3
    You are very right, I got screwed, was just looking at the fine print, the free warranty was from HondaWarranties, Inc and can only be used in the Dominican Republic...How am I supposed to get my car over there if it breaks down, this stinks!!! BTW, I was wrong, my actual price was $26,100, my bad.
    jacksonmahoney --- Your warranty story has me all fired up!! Did you buy your Honda at a Honda dealership? If so, and if you are really sure that your warranty is only valid in the Dominican Republic (and if it was the dealership itself that got you into this mess and not some strange side-deal), I think you may have no problem getting a valid warranty (maybe even a new Hondacare warranty). I think you have LOTS of options including American Honda Motor Corp., the Better Business Bureau, your state's Attorney General's office, your local chamber of commerce and possibly even your prosecuting district attorney. I don't know what state you live in, but many states have consumer protection laws that might address this type of fraud. Further, many state's attorney general offices have a consumer fraud division. I would start there. Get educated on your options and make sure your case is solid, then go back to the dealership and tell them exactly what your going to do if they don't give you a valid warranty (this time, be armed with the exact warranty you want --e.g. a Hondacare warranty). (**remember-the more reasonable and calm you are when communicating with the dealership, the more likely you are to get a rational response. As they say, "don't make a threat, make a promise.")
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    How do you go from 28,400 to 26,100?
  • cljackcljack Member Posts: 13
    Everywhere now the prices for 2008 Accords are $350 to $650 below invoice. For some reason this car is not selling as it was expected so wait another month or two for a good deal.
    Jackson thought he paid 28,400 for the vehicle, then came back and said it was 26,100. Just wondering how that happened they he didn't know how much the vehicle was. By the time I get to the point that I'm shelling out that kind of money, I pretty much have the number burnt into memory.
  • dreamcar5dreamcar5 Member Posts: 69
    Kiawah,

R u serious? which dealer can offer u $650 off the invoice?
    2008 EXL V6 included :confuse: ?
  • papalopapalo Member Posts: 7
    At this point, what would be a reasonable price to pay for an '07 EX-L I4? We'd prefer the coupe but don't know if many are available this late. So, we'd certainly consider a sedan. What about for a V-6?

Thanks in advance! :)
  • michaelv20850michaelv20850 Member Posts: 7
    i got EX-L V6 , OTD = 23900. Honda give $2k incentives to dealers for 2007 model until 11/30/07. I won't consider mine a good deal, but fair deal because it's a bit right below invoice. If you can do it better, it's good for you. Note that you won't find many favorite colors for 2007 model.

I see 2008 color, Bold Beige and the color looks classy in the lot, not in the picture :)
    Chack,

Stop a second and read the posts.

Jackson said he paid 28,400 OTD for a vehicle. Then he came back a little later and said he really paid 26,100 OTD for the vehicle.

I'm just asking how did the price get from 28,400 to 26,100....how could he not know how much he paid for the vehicle? I didn't comment one way or the other about whether the price was good or bad, greater or less than invoice. Just trying to figure out how there could be a 2,300 difference in what somebody thought they paid for a vehicle one minute, and then reported they paid the second minute.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    Jackson said he paid 28,400 OTD for a vehicle. Then he came back a little later and said he really paid 26,100 OTD for the vehicle.

Jackson is also complaining that he screwed on the warranty and can only service the warranty in the dominican republic :confuse:

I am starting to wonder of there is a Jackson at all ;)
  • dhs135dhs135 Member Posts: 5
    Wow, these prices are much lower than i was just quoted. Are the prices in the edmunds pricing system considered to be high for the 2007's?

My dealer gave me:
    07 V6 EXL Navi: 25790 +TTL, 27485 OTD
    07 V6 EXL : 23899 + TTL
    07 EXL: 22995 + TTL

Am I being taken for a ride?
    Are the prices in SE Pennsyvania high compared to other areas?
    What should be a realistic price?
    Should I subtract the $2000 dealer incentive from invoice, and still push lower?

Thanks in advance..
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    I thought the Dominican thing, was just Jackson being sarcastic... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rusted_outrusted_out Member Posts: 14
    When I got my 2008 in late October, the dealer had a 2007 EX V6 sedan no navi with a sticker MSRP of $28k, and was offering $7k off MSRP right off the bat, before negotiations, so that would be $21k + TTL.

In 2007, did all Accord EX V6 sedans have leather as standard?

Good luck!
    Just my thoughts:

07 EX-L V6 fair price: 22000 +TTL (desti. fee included)
    07 EX-L I4 fair price: 20500 + TTL (desti. fee included)

Any price lower than this will be a great deal. The price also depends on the location and demands. Edmunds price is not very updated. You can alway get a much better price. Good luck.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    In 2007, all EX V6 models had leather interior. The only difference between the EX V6 and LX V6 model was heated leather seats and the EX was available with Navigation as an option. The LX V6 had the same wheels, sunroof, power driver seat, heated mirrors.... So the LX V6 was essentially the EX V6 with cloth.

The LX V6 was a rare beast, though. I tried, in vain, to find one several months ago but couldn't find one in a color I liked. Every dealer told me that people either went for the SE V6 for a few thousand less or paid a bit more to get the EX V6's leather.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    I am in the Baltimore Maryland area. A week ago I received a price from Anderson Honda over the INTERNET of $25615 + $635 dest. for the V6 and 23427 + 635 dest for the 4 cyl. Schaffer and Stromenger a dealer which is nearer my home gave me a price a lot higher. When he called I told him about the Anderson. After some discussion and a visit to the dealer the salesman after taking with the manager said that they would honor the Anderson price. A day later after wife and I test drove the 4 and 6 we decided on the V6 at the agreed price of $25615. But when it came time to write the contract the salesman again talked with the manager and then came back with a story that the Anderson price was not the bottom price. According to the S&S salesman Anderson adds some dealer installed options which adds $551 plus $100 processing fee to the bottom line.

The salesman said that if they could locate a car for me in the color I wanted it would have at least dealer installed wheel locks and mud flaps for which S&S charged $308 plus $100 processing fee. So in effect he hiked the agreed price by $408.

I was wondering if anyone out there has had a similar experience? I believe the original prices quoted of 25615 and 23427are $198 above invoice.

Does anyone believe that the car can be bought without the dealer installed options?

Further if anyone in the Baltimore Washington area has gotten a better deal on a 2008 Accord EX-L 6 or 4 cyl please provide the name of the dealer. and perhaps a telephone number.
    What is your source of this information on the 2008 ACCORD selling for $350 to $650 below involce? I am in the Baltimore Washington area. Where are you located?

Are the dealers in your area selling the 2008 Accord below invoice price?
    I am in Chicago but if you want 350 to 650 you have to negotiate and get the multiple quotes from different dealers. I got a mail from one of the dealer that they are selling 2008 exl V4 for 300 below invoice and 2008 EXL V6 650 below invoice. I am not buying this car as you know economy is getting down. Most of the car manufacturing are selling their car well below invoice and I was not convinced to pay a high price for this car. I am waiting for prices to go further down the I will buy. If you can wait a month or two prices will go down for sure.
    cljack,

Do you mind if you can disclose the dealer name that offers $650 off the invoice for 08 EXL V6?

I agree with you fully. The housing sector is in serious trouble. There is NO BUYER. The consumers are MAX out. The real estate agents lowered the selling price several times and still could not sell any...

Honda is a great company, but its marketing programs are really ineffective. The idea of VCM is excellent, but consumers are confused. 07 Odyssey EXL V6 R&N = 08 Accord EXL V6 with Navi, both use VCM, Accord has 5 MPG better than Odyssey, that is it. Odyssey offers much better value and comfortableness than Accord.

Within 08 Accord, I like V6 better than V4 due to more horse power, better road handling and gas mileage. I scratch my head on why Honda can not produce enough V6. :confuse:
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Forget the above invoice stuff.. get the car below invoice without the dealer installed accessories.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    Really no one should be paying more than invoice for an Accord these days. Sky high gas prices and the meltdown in the housing sector means that people are more frugal with their money. Dealers must surely have noticed the light traffic. They should be willing to do anything to get you in that car. :)
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Hello Carman,
    I have a 2006 Honda Accord EX V6 sedan which is on a 2yr lease with 15k/yr. My lease ends Dec 12, 2007 and my car has been kept in great condition, no one has ever sat in the back of the car, the current mileage on the vehicle is 23,800 miles. My question is when I go back to the dealer and decide to lease another Honda is their any way I can ask the dealer for more money for my lease return and use my lease return as leverage in the negotiation. Can the dealership buy my lease return? Thank you very much.
    The dealer has 3.5% holdback + volume rebate, this translates $2000+ gain @ invoice price :mad:
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    and??
  • 74357435 Member Posts: 40
    In Denver , CO
    On 11/9/07 I purchased a 2008 Accord EX-L 6 cyl. silver / gray . msrp 28,695, invoice 26,051. I paid 26,695. I was given a clear mask at material cost of 80.
    Dealer is Burt Kuni Honda. If you would like the name of the saleman and manager email me.
    I want to thank the posters on this site who provided me the info to make me an informed consumer.
    Dreamcar,

Untill this SAT,Nov 10 McGrath City Honda is beating any quote from any dealer by $500. You can call any dealer and ask 300 below invoice I guess you will get it easily if the car is available on the lot. I do not know what got changed but the prices have come down for this car.
    Thanks! cljack. Please read my important update before your next move!!!!
    Read below carefully, please verify if VIBRATION on V6 is a big deal. One suggests that buyers need to wait at least 2nd to 3rd batches shipment from Honda.

I confuse that I did not test it on free way with >70 mile/hour. I need to do my due diligence on this.

Please post anything you find during the test drive.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------
    #97 of 115 Re: ** MORE 08 V6 VCM-- ISSUES ** [robertsmx] by golfrski Nov 09, 2007 (4:21 am)
    Total Posts: 51

Replying to: robertsmx (Nov 08, 2007 5:40 pm)

That said, I'm sure it can be felt a bit (like transmission shift can be, especially with colder weather).

It can be felt ALOT. its ridiculous and my prediction is MANY more unsatisfied V6 owners will come forward. The vibration is very noticable and the surging is uncomfortable. Having a "clue" comes from experienceing the issue that others and myself are feeling. Your lucky that you have not had this issue,thats great. but the new engine has issues,, plain and simple and people need to be aware before they buy.
    Thanks Dreamcar,

I was waiting on something like this as everyone knows this is a totally revamped car. I am planning to buy V4 and I was surprised with the engine noise. I was not conviced with the fact that adding HP will create a engine noise. Vibration on V6 is new to me. I have not driven V4 on highway but now I will do before I make a purchase.
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    cljack,

Sorry, but you are not going to find a V4 in Honda's lineup. They are I4s. (Inline, not V-shaped banks of cylinders. The Honda six-cylinder engines are V6s. The Honda four-cylinder engines are I4s.
    "The vibration is very noticable and the surging is uncomfortable." which was reported in other messages, has anyone taken this issue back to the dealer? If so what were the results?

Were they able to identify the cause?

Were they able to fix the problem?

I have the opinion that the surging might be caused by cylinders shutting down or turning on again. But vibration is another issue. The V6 is equipped with special engine mounts which are designed to counter any vibration when two or three of the cylinders shut down. Perhaps this is the problem, the nengine mounts are not doing their job of damping the engine vibration when running on 4 or 3 cylinders.

I have been trying to decide between the 4 and the V6. Both have ample power. Perhaps this has helped me make my decision on a 4.

The dealers in the Baltimore area are offering INTERNET pricing at 198 above invoice for the V6 and about 700 over invoice for the 4. Have not been able to get a price below invoice.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    My dealership is adding Accessories to all the 08 Accords. Which is crazy, because the items, Tinting, rustproofing, Wheel locks, splash guards, they are all over priced.

$200 splash guards

$260 tint (Which is light tint, not very dark, my local company that does the dealers cars does them for $190, and that is marked up too, its high grade)

$599 paint/rust protection ( I am calling the company directly to ask how much they actually charge, no where near that)

If I was going to buy a car from there, I would tell them, I want the car, and the car only, I did not ask for all of that, therefore why should I have to pay for it. They are making some profit from the markup.

Its crazy, and almost intimidating to see that, to mark it up even more.
    My dealer has a full lot of 08 accords now. DO NOT BUY from BOB ROHRMAN.
  • richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    Hard to believe that my brand new 2004 Accord purchased in August, 2003, is over 4 years old already.

When I was car-shopping, this website was decidedly helpful in telling me what people were paying for their new Accords. I think my deal was favorable because I knew what to accept as a fair transaction price.

For the benefit of San Francisco Bay area people, a friend just bought a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 sedan with everything except navigation. He paid $500 over invoice--roughly $26,500 before tax and license. The dealer had already put door edge and wheel opening strips (ugly things!), black mud guards behind the rear wheels and wheel locks on the car to pack the price. All of that useless junk was negotiated away (it costs the dealer almost nothing anyway). So, the items added to the car were free--or included in the $500 over invoice price.

I don't know whether that's a superior deal or not, but for your information, the dealer was Honda of Oakland, CA. I post this info just to be helpful. :)
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    $599 paint/rust protection

When negotiating the price with the salesperson just ask (laugh) if the paint is so thin that it needs $599 worth of protection so it wont peel away.
    And that rust proofing scam went away decades ago. Replaced by pin striping and window etching.
    7435 - nice work on the new EX-L v6 Accord! Nice car and it looks like a great price for the Denver area -- less than I paid! I'll honk when I see you on I-25 :P
  • caddymancaddyman Member Posts: 12
    I bought a 2008 Accord EX-L for $24,000 from Sussman Honda, Willow Grove, PA, which is a suburb of Phila. About a 2 hour drive and 100 miles from Baltimore, MD.
  • km283km283 Member Posts: 5
    caddyman - Could you please confirm if this was the OTD price or the base sale price? I mean does this include all the taxes and fees?

Thanks !!
    V6 or I4?
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    My deal for a 2008 Accord EX-L I4 A/T in a NY suburb:

MSRP: $26,495
    Invoice: $24,063
    My Deal: $24,232

Of course pricing includes $635 Destination. Probably could have done somewhat better at the end of the month, quarter or year, but I'm very satisfied since I needed to make a quick purchase.

Please don't ask about taxes or fees. Since everyone's are different, depending upon where you reside, the term OTD is meaningless.
  • szerszer Member Posts: 80
    Hi,

Which Bob Rohrman dealership is that? The one at Lafayette,IN or IL?
  • jso4jso4 Member Posts: 1
    What dealership and person did you use in the Detroit area? I am planning on making a purchase this week.
  • justrewardsjustrewards Member Posts: 2
    In South Florida the coupes don't stay on the dealer lots very long. I paid full sticker last week for this one ( everything but NAV ). This dealer was installing all kinds of junk on their coupes; ground effects, sunroof visors, pin striping, wheel opening and door edge moulding, paint sealant, scotch guard, etc and all at ridiculous prices. I got one just off the truck before they had a chance to mess it up ! It's sad what they're doing to make a buck. But I've been watching many dealer's inventories waiting for my color / option combo to come in and people are buying 'em loaded up with junk. Too bad.
    I love this car. Only 88 miles on it. Window tint will be my only option. I'm sure I'll regret paying sticker ( $28,945) in 6-9 months but I had to buy now.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Yes, the Bob Rohrman in Lafayette, IN.

This dealership still has all the same accords on their lots since arrival.
    That either means a bad market right now, or too steep of prices.
    They are acting like this is some rare car, its so popular.

I would totally trade for an 08 right now if a dealer will deal with me.
  • szerszer Member Posts: 80
    Exactly! I have to agree with you on this point... Are you a student at Purdue or a resident? Bob Rohrman usually "cheats" on foreign students, for eg: selling above msrp, and crazy dealer accessories mark ups and etc. I have seen it work myself. I am not saying they are a bad dealership, but my friends and I who had bought Hondas never got it from them due to the pricing. FIRM MSRP!
  • amiramir Member Posts: 115
    hi.i live in sothern california.i got a quote for accord coupe polish metal for 600 over invoice.ex auto for 23947 including destination.the car has rear spoiler,pro pack (mud guard,trunk tray,wheel locks).basically they are charging me 1000 for those two accessories. how much do u guys think the spoiler should cost @ invoice with installation, and is it a good deal over all?