Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• amir_noiramir_noir Member Posts: 1
    Guys please help me out. I have visited dealers in Gurnee and Elmhurst and they want me to buy the Accord Coupe EX-L I4 at MSRP. If anyone on the board can help I am looking for a dealer in the Chicagoland area that are currently working with buyers and are willing to deal around the invoice price. If I can't find a decent dealer and price then I am going to wait until the end of Dec.

Thanks, ;)
  • bechanbechan Member Posts: 4
    jso4

I got the lowest internet quote from Melton Honda in Southgate. I asked Brighton Honda, which is near me to match it and they did. Melton came in at $150 over invoice whereas Brighton came in at $275 over invoice. I requested internet quotes from all 15 Detroit area dealers. About half of them responded and Melton was the lowest. Good luck.
  • cljackcljack Member Posts: 13
    I would suggest to wait untill end of the month. If you are in a hurry goto Castle Honda I guess thier prices are 300 below invoice. Be carefull with O'Hare Honda as their prices are high and they have so many hidden costs at the time of buying.
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    It Pays to wait. Dealers are always going to take advantage of the buyer's eagerness to want the car NOW! Don't be too emotional about buying a car. Buy what the dealer's emotions are making him sell at a nice discount.

Please let us know if there are any issues with the V6 engine. Some here have experienced vibrations and surging when doing 60 to 70 MPH. Please let us know if you are have that problem.
    I found a dealer in the Baltimore area, Anderson Honda, who will deliver the car with or without dealer installed options. Using their INTERNET buying service I talked with the salesperson and she told me that the four items they add are mud flaps, wheel locks, and edge guards on the doors and wheel wells. All for $245 which she said was their cost.

She told me I could order the car off the truck without these items if I wanted. This was only trough their INTERNET pricing service. If you walk in off the street you will be hit with the usual CAR DEALER BS.
    I guess late Dec or Late Jan would be the best time to buy this car in Midwest region by that time it will be too cold and there will not be many buyers so dealer will give more discounts. I heard V6 has vibration and surging problem. Did not hear anything about L4 yet. I would wait and see if someone reports anything.
  • michaelv20850michaelv20850 Member Posts: 7
    In edmund.com, the invoice is 24,820. Dealer gets $2k incentives. So the invoice should be 22,820 and you use this number as a baseline.

Since i need a car ( i was driving a rental car), i can't wait. If you take your time, i think you can get a better deal since the dealer wants to get rid all of 2007 models. Again, the price depends on the location, the inventory that the dealer has....

One thing i don't like that dealer forces buyer to pay for the optional stuffs like mud guard, door edge, wheel locks...etc You can get these online much cheaper. However, if you can deal with them, you may get it included in the price.
    Try Herson Honda (in Rockville MD). I got a quote on 2008 EXL V6 = 26,339 but the dealer is willing to lower price if i'm interested in the car . This price does not include optional appearance charge, TTL.

Since i decided to get 2007 model instead, i didn't make a deal. Give it a try. To me, Honda dealers in Maryland are easier to work with , plus cheaper processing fee ($100).
  • want2buyhwant2buyh Member Posts: 14
    justlooking88,

i just want to clarify your thoughts..

07 EX-L V6 fair price: 22000(includes dest) + TTL ?
    07 EX-L I4 fair price: 20500(includes dest) + TTL ?

So far I have found an OTD price of 22889 on 07 EXL I4 with a local tax of 7.375%...I am trying for lower.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If comparing prices get the best OTD price in your taxable area...if you venture outside of your taxable area take that into consideration when receiving the best OTD price.
  • riahnnariahnna Member Posts: 8
    I just got a quote online for Accord EX =$22,255.71+TTL

How much more can i lower the price? thx
    actually, i bought it in MD, but paid tax rate in VA. I think VA tax rate is cheaper than MD, but we have to pay car tax each year :(
  • nanorapturenanorapture Member Posts: 37
    I just got a quote online for Accord EX =$22,255.71+TTL

How much more can i lower the price? thx

Regular guys like us can't get much better than that price as it is hte exact invoice price.

I will try to get below invoice on my next car purchase, and certainly never buy a car above invoice price! Unless of course it is the new model just released last month.

-nano
  • want2buyhwant2buyh Member Posts: 14
    See my post above...I found out the door price of 22889 for 2007 Accord EXL I4 sedan. This price includes TTL...my tax rate is 7.375%. For a V6 it is $24408. This is from a northern CA dealer.
  • justrewardsjustrewards Member Posts: 2
    No problems at all with my V-6. I just put about 275 highway miles over the last two days and it was smooth. No vibrations or other issues. If it wasn't for the tiny ECO light on the dash I wouldn't be able to tell if it was running on 6, 4 or 3.

The power from a dead stop is great too.

My only real complaint is the brakes. They're not bad, but a little mushy IMO.
  • 74357435 Member Posts: 40
    i have owned many hondas including a 2006 EXL i4 that i just sold to be able to buy a 2008 accord EX-L V6 which now has 80 miles on it. I have never needed any major repairs that would have been covered by an extended warranty. i know i have 6,000 miles to decide if i want to buy the extended warranty. from posters on this site i have printed the prices from www.bernadi and my honda warranty saccuco honda. there prices are the same and were what my selling dealer said were there costs. the selling dealer were asking over twice the internet prices.
    has anyone found a lower price for the honda care extended warranty? has anyone run the numbers to determine if there is a economic advantage to one plan yrs and miles vs another. i am 72 and retired and probably driving less then 5,000/ year . in fact this may be my last car.
  • justlooking88justlooking88 Member Posts: 9
    Yes, try Castle Honda in Morton Grove. I just got a new car there. Very good experience. The sales guy even helped me move my old car home at 9PM :-) If you need the sales guy's info, you may email me at yuanf99@yahoo.com
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Congratulations Papa ! You must be another "Accord man". I did buy extended warranty for my Accord hybrid '05. I plan to buy the '08 V6 sedan EX-L w/ navi soon.
  • justlooking88justlooking88 Member Posts: 9
    Just my thought: Try 22200 OTD. Good luck.
    Dear Papa 7435:

How do you like your brand-new V6 '08 as to:

1- Variable Cyclinder Management (VCM)
    2- Road noise
    3- Transmission smoothness when it shifts up and down for changing speeds.
    4- Navi (Is it 100% voice activate)?
    5- Others

You bought the top Accord you may want to drive /travel more. One only highly appreciates the Accord on long non-stop trips.
  • jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    has anyone found a lower price for the honda care extended warranty? has anyone run the numbers to determine if there is a economic advantage to one plan yrs and miles vs another.

I have not seen any report finding a lower extended warranty price than at the two dealers you named.

I got the numbers from one of the sites so I could do a comparison. Since you only drive 5,000 per year, your factory warranty will run out in 3 years. So the extended warranty is basically paying for time beyond 3 years. I pulled the lowest miles from each time frame and the cost per additional year of coverage is as follows:

5 year 60K $305. Cost per additional year of coverage: $152.50
    6 year 80K $590. Cost per additional year of coverage: $197
    7 year 80K $635. Cost per additional year of coverage: $158.75
    8 year 100K $895. Cost per additional year of coverage: $179

So based on your driving situation where mileage isn't as important, it looks like the best values are the 5 year and 7 year.
  • stefoostefoo Member Posts: 1
    This forum was very helpful as I was preparing to purchase a new car. Yesterday (11/13) I purchased a Burgandy LX from Crown Honda at Southpoint in Durham, NC
    Here is the deal I got:

Subtotal: $20,076
    Tax: $602
    Lic/Title: $102
    Processing Fee: $399
    OTD: $21,200

Any thoughts? The transmission on our only car failed last week, so we were under some time pressure. Thanks again for all that contributed to this forum
    thanks for the info
    so far everything is perfect . i have not driven enough miles to know anything. i did not buy thr nav sysytem. we have a tom tom/ that we use it cost about 200 and when i learn how to use it better shoud be helpful as an alternate to the honda system.
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Auto or manual?

The $399 processing fee is quite high.

Actually it's a $350 rip off as some states set the cap at $50.

But, overall, the price looks OK...and good luck and happy driving.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    That 399 if very typical in Raleigh area. Although if you go 15 miles outside you'll find dealerships with much more reasonable fees.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Do not worry about the fees... just look at the OTD price taking into consideration tax.... Dealer "A" may have a car that has a higher OTD price however their fees may be lower vs Dealer "B" who has a higher fee however they have a lower OTD price.
    Total no of Honda Accord sold (2007/08)

In Aug=47,360, Sept=35,031, Oct=30,936 so as you see sale is declining. I hope there will be a good offer from Honda to boost the sale.
  • jennmajennma Member Posts: 40
    I didn't buy a Honda, but the new 08 Accord is on the list for me to check out for my husband.

Give Motorwerks of Barrington a try, they do sell Hondas there. Prices were negotiable when I purchased an Infiniti there about 6 weeks ago. It will likely be my first stop when we're ready to purchase (if his '98 Civic needs another particularly expensive repair).

Good luck!
    Try McGrath City honda, Chicago, for a limited time they are beting any best deal by $700.
    Good Luck
  • myranassermyranasser Member Posts: 15
    I was quoted 22000 + TTL for 2007 EXL V6 and 18900 for 2007 SE I4.
    Which one is the better of the two offers? Looking to keep it for a long time.
    I need help ASAP. :confuse: "> :confuse:
    If I were you I would buy the V6 EXL. It's good for long trips, more power. It's smooth like silk. I am having 3 V6 now so I know for sure.
  • lambulambu Member Posts: 16
    In Florida, one of the dealer has already started selling 08 accords with 0% for 60 months. Of course at sticker price! Will be interesting to see year-end sales..
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Go for the V6, this will be the last opportunity to get a V6 Accord loaded trim at that price for a long time, take it or leave it. Go for the long haul, get the 6!!
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    If it's only one dealer doing it, it doesn't sound very official. Must be some gimmick.
  • dreamcar5dreamcar5 Member Posts: 69
    The banks came out to comment current housing. "Worse than 1929 drepression and auto sector will be taken down too."

Interesting to see how tough Honda can stand. :confuse:
    Bvdj84,

1,000% agreed with you.
  • autowriteautowrite Member Posts: 226
    Will be visiting Dickinson (near Houston) & Mission in Feb 08 with our 2002 Odyssey. Well proabably need TYPE IV (4) service done in the Dickinson/Leaque City area which includes transmission oil change. We are from Guelph, Ontario, Canada. What do readers think is the best dealer that they have dealt with?
  • hubertyhuberty Member Posts: 4
    Looking to buy this model in NJ, can anybody give me reference for what kind of price you are seeing out there?
  • christopher960christopher960 Member Posts: 4
    Tell me if I got deal at a Honda dealership in Texas.....

2008 Honda Accord LX-P (4 door sedan, automatic, cloth seats, 4 cylinder, splash guards, tinted windows, door guards, paint sealant): $21,000 plus TTL (OTD price included destination fee).

Document fee was $375.00 and interest rate was 5.9% through Honda Finance (and I had a great credit score).

Rear wing spoiler (not deck lid one): $675.00 (included parts and labor)

Traded in my 2005 Honda Accord LX sedan with about 38,000 miles and dealership gave me $13,000.
  • jdangjdang Member Posts: 6
    I think 21000 + TTL is a good deal at this time.
    Russell Smith in Houston wants LX-P Auto for 21720 + TTL.
    What is the name of dealer and where it is if you dont mind?
    I was considering getting the Honda Extended care warranty but with the 60,000 power train warranty which comes standard with the Honda I do not feel that the extended warranty is worth about $1600. If it were $1000 or less I might bite. I do know that you can bargain on the warranty price just as you can on the cars price. Try it and see what happens.

I have seen messages on this board which claim in 2006 or 2007 to have gotten an extended warranty at dealers cost of about $750. Don't know what the dealers cost is but I feel certain that the profit is considerable.
    ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED A VIBRATION OF SURGING PROBLEM WITH THE 2008 HONDA VCM V6 HAVE YOU TAKEN IT BACK TO THE DEALER?

IF SO WHAT IF ANY REPAIR WAS DONE?

DID ANY DEALER REPAIR REMOVE THE PROBLEM OR IS IT STILL THERE?

I AM ABOUT TO PURCHASE A NEW EX-L AND I LIKE THE POWER OF THE V6.
  • mdtamdta Member Posts: 27
    Are you trying to test the stupidity level of the people in this forum? :shades:
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    holew,

You can get Honda Care Extended Warranties for about half of what your dealer is quoting at several online resources. My local dealer wanted $1,595 for 96 months, 100,000 miles, $0 deductable. I saw the same policy for $800 at Saccucci and $835 at Jay. Also check Bernardi, Curry, etc. Just Google.

Of course those long terms include the time and mileage base warranty that comes with a vehicle. So you are paying for much less coverage than it appears.

In any case, I'm not buying. I've never purchased an extended warranty on any product and have never looked back.
  • SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    I just bought an 08 LX 5spd from Gerrish Honda in Lebanon NH.

Their offer was $20,195 out the door (no sales tax in NH). That's a few hundred off sticker and less then Edmunds.com's TMV price of $20,995. They only charge $95 for doc fees, no extras, no junk, no games, and the entire sales experience start to finish was EXCELLENT, I HIGHLY recommend these guys. My salesman was low pressure and accommodating, never once "asked for the sale" or any of the usual tactics. The F&I guy didn't offer us a single extra thing, nor was there any aftermarket anything on the car, just a straight LX with 2 miles on the odo. Honda American credit's rate offer was slightly less then my bank so I went with that (6.44%). The price was fair so there was no haggling, it took them 30 minutes to prep the car and get the papers made up, it took 10 minutes to sign everything, I may never buy a car anywhere else again. :P

They did all the VT state paperwork for us (we live in VT, right on the VT/NH border) even so we know just what our state tax will be and all the DMV paperwork is done.

They extend the b2b warranty to 4 years 50k miles as well as offering free car washes 7 days a week, discount oil changes, loaner cars, etc. I imagine I could have saved a few hundred on the price somewhere else but all the extras and the stellar buying experience were worth every penny. This is a TON of car for twenty grand. We do so much complaining about bad dealerships on here, I just have to give props to a GOOD one, Gerrish Honda in Lebanon, NH. :shades:
  • dreamcar5dreamcar5 Member Posts: 69
    http://www.fxstreet.com/news/forex-news/article.aspx?StoryId=dcc9c8e3-d15f-4718-- 8528-81c97e81822f :cry:

Honda, do not feel TOO greedy, please do help your Honda dealers with $2000 off on all 2008 Accords. The smart buyers will hold their wallets TIGHT until you drop.
  • vbugvbug Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Could someone provide me an OTD price for an 08 Accord EX Sedan with 4 cylinders and auto transmission? I live in the San Francisco area.

Thanks.
  • amiramir Member Posts: 115
    hi guys.i just bought a 2008 accord coupe EX auto @ invoice for 23250 plus tax and lic.the car had the rear spoiler and pro pack(mud guards,wheel lock,trunk tray.)
    i bought from normreeves honda in sothern california.OTD price was 25479.what do u guys think about this deal.is it a good deal?
    Yes, very good deal. But if I were you I would buy the V6 to enjoy the 285HP (underrated as 268HP in paper).