Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    alexthemdalexthemd Member Posts: 12
    It was for the I4. I might have been able to save a little more, but wanted to deal locally.

As for the tax cap in SC. I am not sure how it works in California, but we pay a property tax on the vehicle every year so in essence we pay sales tax on the vehicle every year. I paid $300 in sales tax this year and will pay ~ $400 next year in property tax and will continue to pay that (though the tax will decrement as the car's value drops) as long as I have the car.

As for the maintenance. I am going to cancel it. Thanks. I thought it was on that "minder" program, but the dude (finance/undercoating dude) convinced me otherwise.

This board has been awesome and I really appreciate everyone getting off the OTD debate :) HAHAHA

Alex
  • Options
    uscratchuscratch Member Posts: 27
    Does anyone know the new car sales policy in Illinois regarding a deposit?
    This is what happened yesterday. I was dealing over the internet a few dealerships and finally made my decision and went dealer A. The dealer A doesn't have a Black on Black 08 Accord coupe that I wanted, but the accord coupe has scheduled to be delivered to the dealer at the end of month and the selling price was reasonable. Only thing is that I have to pay $1,000 deposit to hold that vehicle. The black on black EXL coupe is hard to find and not much discount yet, so I paid a deposit and sign the purchase contract. I just need to wait for 3 weeks.

Here is my dilemma.
    When I came home, dealer B emailed me that they have the Black on black EXL coupe and willing to sell it if I accept the price which is $600 less than what I agree to pay at dealer A. On top of that, I can drive home now than wait for 3 weeks, possibly longer.

Today is Sunday, so I have to wait until tomorrow to stop by at dealer B and see if they really have the vehicle and price is $600 less. If that's all true, I need to call the dealer A and want to cancel the contract and get my $1,000 deposit back. I know they will do whatever to not give my deposit back.
    I just want to know in advance that what I need to prepare if they refuse to give my deposit back because I already sign the purchase contract.
    I heard some state law says a customer can cancel the purchase car contract no matter what within 3 days of signing. I couldn't find which states on internet.
    If you have any experience regarding this matter, please share your story.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    The voice commands available on portable units are extremely limited.
    On the 2008 model Honda Accord allows you to now enter actual street addresses via voice commands.
    None of the portable units have this built in. There are some that allow you to call a number and speak the address and then it will beam the address back to your portable unit over a cellular connection, but that is a bit clunky.

Voice commands are one of the best advantages of an integrated unit. However, I still don't think that's enough to justify the extra cost.
  • Options
    nringnring Member Posts: 97
    Hi everyone. was involved in an accident and need to lease asap. I am NOT good at car buying or leasing and want to know what i can expect. i am looking to lease for 3 years, 12K miles, nothing down, no trade in, super preferred credit, and I am in Bucks County, PA (30 miles north of Philadelphia). I am interested in the Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 with nav. any ideas on monthly price? I don't want to spend more then $400/mo. Thanks for the ideas.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    linkfeeneylinkfeeney Member Posts: 58
    you are allow to get it back.
    you have not taken the car for delivery yet!!! It is not yours when you sign the contract and YOU DID NOT DROVE it off the lot!
    They might not like it! Oh well! If they come back at you for any reasons. Just fight back and be aggressive!
  • Options
    rnickeymousernickeymouse Member Posts: 32
    Unless the looks of a GSP stuck to your windshield is unacceptable to you, I would STRONGLY advise that you save your money and get the GARMIN unit. When you trade cars you can take the unit with you and use it in your next new car.

Windshield mount is not permited here. I mounted my Garmin 650 down low and out of view in front of the shift knob. I got the idea from this video link. I liked his 2007 storage compartment mount better , you could close the door and it was completely out of view.
    link

Still, I ran the power from behind and got power from the Aux between the seats, all you see is the front of the suction mount.
    I never leave the GPS in the car, in Los Angeles it wouldn't last long. One huge advantage of the $2000 system is it's never forgotten at home.
  • Options
    You can mount a Nuvi like this instead of using the windshield mount:

jaxs1, "Navigation GPS Systems" #1293, 9 Dec 2007 6:04 pm

• Options
    vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Accord '08 Navi's lady voice sounds like Christmas music in my ears.
  • Options
    alexthemdalexthemd Member Posts: 12
    "Internet pricing of about 700 dollars is not too bad for peace of mind if you are going to keep your car for a long long time."

I am not sure if this is for the 8yr/120K (no-deductable) plan or not, but I wanted to confirm that $940 is about the cheapest out there. Is that about right?
  • Options
    vital411vital411 Member Posts: 67
    Been there done that, in RI.
    They never want to give it back to you which is why I always recommend putting deposits down on a credit card - this way if they try anything funny just call your credit card company and refuse the charges. they'll handle it all for you - especially if you have an American Express.
  • Options
    Can we buy the next 3-year warranty when Honda's basic warranty of 36 months/ 36,000 miles is about to expire?
  • Options
    parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    The onlin price for the 8 year (96 mos.), 120K miles with $0 deductible is $995. With a $100 deductible the price goes down to $895. I got the $0 deductible from the dealer and had them match the online price. Or you could just buy it online.
  • Options
    Honda requires you to purchase the Honda Care within the first 6000 miles.

P.S. I think there is a seperate thread for extended warranty discussion here in the forum pages.
  • Options
    sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    Remember that the prices for the I4 and V6 are different.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification. I was talking V6, of course.
  • Options
    NO they do not. Maybe you can get a lower price before 6,000 miles, but they are still sold past 6,000 miles.
  • Options
    You are right, they can be purchased after 6000 miles, but at a higher rate. I just checked online. The online stores' prices jumps up substantially after the first 6000 miles.
  • Options
    I found one with voice command for addresses built into the unit that you might have been referring to. It is the Tomtom 920, but it the reviews say the voice commands are quite limited and don't work well. So, maybe they will perfect it in future versions.
    Magellan has a unit that does voice command of nearest points of interest, but not addresses. The TomTom lets you enter street addresses by voice, but not POIs and neither does it well.
    Voice command will be better in the factory units of the Honda Accord for at least a few more years.
  • Options
    stephanie2167stephanie2167 Member Posts: 15
    I'm looking to buy a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 in the next month or so. This is my first time ever buying a new car so I'm not sure how all this works.

Anyone having any prices for this same car in Los Angeles / Orange County area? What should I expect to pay?

TIA!
  • Options
    26,000 + TTL.

Try the internet department at DCH Honda in Temecula, CA.
  • Options
    stephanie2167stephanie2167 Member Posts: 15
    Just checked with them. They came back with $26,905 +TTL. :confuse:
  • Options
    andy19ilandy19il Member Posts: 1
    I'm moving to Austin, TX shortly, but my wife is already there and trying to buy a 2008 EX-L V6 with Nav on her own. I'm looking for some advice on pricing. We'd rather lease, but could buy. I see that the Invoice is $25,416 plus destination & TTL. Has anyone had any experience in Austin? Can I expect something similar to the prices going in California? Any input is most welcome as she needs to make the purchase and I'm stuck in Illinois so I can't help much.
  • Options
    You have the wrong invoice for the V6 EXL, Navi. The invoice is 28,039, including destination.
  • Options
    sbcg45sbcg45 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in this car and wonder if anyone has bought one in the Hartford CT area. Are you willing to share what you paid?
    Thanks,
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Doing your homework and emailing Internet Sales Managers only, at Honda dealers within 50 miles of your home, you should be able to negotiate a SALES price around $27,000 for the EX-L V6 with Navigation. Then, and only then, should you discuss the possibility of leasing.

You should never go into a dealership and talk about a monthly lease figure before finalizing the price of the vehicle. Then, using that firm figure, work up a lease. Since there are so many variables, they've got you where they want you otherwise.
  • Options
    muddyymuddyy Member Posts: 60
    From NY area, this spec is $30,510. Has anyone been able to get this discounted? Thanks.
  • Options
    sbcg45sbcg45 Member Posts: 2
    for what it's worth, I just paid $24,163 plus $269 dealer fee, tax and reg. Dealer said that was $100 over invoice.
  • Options
    Stephanie:

I just bought this car (with navi) in Northern CA. It is a super nice car. It has been rated 5 stars pertaining to engineering, reliability, safety & over all value by one of major automobile critics (Roads & Drivers ?). According to this critics, this year 2008 one Audi A4, one Benz C class & this Accord are chosen as best cars of the year. The Audi and the Benz only got 3 stars of overall value while he gave this top Accord 5 stars in 3 or 4 different categories.

If you like the Navi tells you the street names when you turn instead of less accurate instructions such as "Turn right at the next quarter mile..." remember to (1) Set up the Navi, (2) Guidance prompt and (3) Select MAX.

Good pricing for this car in the last 2 weeks was between $28,500 - $29,500 + state sale tax + license fee. Also, try to talk sweet to the sale/ internet manager to get free spalsh (mudd) guards & wheel locks, etc as I did it.

Enjoy your brand-new car. You will never be turned down by a Honda. This top Accord is a "super beast".

Viet
    Happy & loyal Honda buyer for over 40 years
    Polished metal '08 Accord V6 EX-L w/ navi, gray leather
    This top Accord is my sixth Accord V6 EX including the '05 Accord hybrid

• Options
    rnickeymousernickeymouse Member Posts: 32
    I'm looking to buy a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 in the next month or so. This is my first time ever buying a new car so I'm not sure how all this works.
    Anyone having any prices for this same car in Los Angeles / Orange County area? What should I expect to pay?

I didn't get the EX but I'm in Los Angeles & got the best price from Honda of Santa Monica. I sent requests to about five or six dealers around LA. No loan, no trade in & no extras. They were nice . It was a good experience.
    If you're in Los Angeles the tax, licence, DMV charges comes out to an additional 10%.
  • Options
    mr_blackmr_black Member Posts: 2
    pretty simple...been looking for this specific model/color/trim - here's it is...

Black/Black Coupe - EX - Auto -I4

$22,563.00 - includes des. fee
    $ 301.75 Lic and Doc Fee.
    $1865.99 Total Tax
    $24,730.74 Total Out The Door

going to inspect the car this week...just wanted to get some opinions/thoughts
  • Options
    If you want to drive up to Northern California, I just received the following quotes from Grace Honda:

23,640 + TTL for EX V6 Sedan
    25,740 + TTL for EX-L V6 Sedan

Anyway, I was quoted 24,000 earlier for the EX V6 by Oakland Honda. I think the price from Grace Honda is as good as it'll get. It's around $20 or so over the "true" invoice (invoice-holdback).

By the way Stephanie, send me an e-mail and I can e-mail you the name of the salesperson. Get a quote from him and see if your local dealer will match it. It's a huge price difference so chances are they will either match it or come very close to it. Or you can just drive up here and buy it.
  • Options
    I also add 10% on top of base price in Northern CA. Just take the final base price offered by the dealer and multiplying it with 1.096 you will have the total OTD amount. Last time, the business manager dragged me for another hour trying to sell me lot of BS stuff. However, I flatly turned him down.
  • Options
    Just received an e-mail back from Grace Honda regarding the EX V6:

2008 Honda Accord EX-V6 Sedan AT: $23,640

Tax: $1,836.36

Licence: $230.75

Documentation: $55

Total: $25,762.11

Sounds reasonable to me. They don't have the car in-stock so they have to do a dealer trade, so he wants a $1000 refundable CC deposit.
  • Options
    Sodaguy,

These prices do not include navigation. Is it correct?
  • Options
    fuenferfuenfer Member Posts: 7
    $23,640 includes destination? That's an incredible price - I thought invoice on that car was $24,153 (including destination). That's a great negotiating job!

Anyone know where I can get a price like that in NY/NJ/CT?
  • Options
    nringnring Member Posts: 97
    Thanks Blane...once i have that final sales price, how does one go about figuring out the lease price...i know there is a residual and money factor but i do not know how we get to a fair monthly lease...assume 6% sales tax in pa, supper credit, nothing down, 3 yrs, and 12Kmiles...for 27K negotiated price, hwo does a monthly lease break down??

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    No, but Parviz on this forum did buy a Navi model from this dealer for a hair under 28,000 + TTL recently.
  • Options
    Yup, invoice is 24,153 on that car.

I didn't even negotiate, I was given those prices immediately. Of course I tried to get them down a bit more, but unsuccessfully. That's fine with me though, as the price I was given was already incredible. No outrageous doc fees either, just the normal $50 or so.

They are probably going to try and screw me on the financing, but I won't be financing so it won't be an issue.
  • Options
    Steffani:

FYI:

'08 Accord V6 EX-L w/ navi: most expensive trim line
    V6 EX-L w/o Navi
    V6 EX
    etc.

Price difference for each trim line is about $2,000
    Please check with people who have already owned the Accord '08 V6 EX or EX-L like myself or MCPDJohn in S. Cali for second objective opinion.

I assume you are interested in the Accord '08 V6 sedan EX-L with Navigation, NOT the simple EX. Grace Honda's quote mentioned by Sodaguy is for the V6 EX model, NOT EX-L. These 2 trims are different in price.
  • Options
    No, I posted quotes for the EX V6 and the EX-L V6. I also posted what Parviz paid for his EX-L V6 Navi.

The EX-L V6 that she was interested in can be purchased for 25,740 + TTL.
  • Options
    The salesmen will likely ask for more when Steffani drives 400+ miles from S. Cali to N. Cali for a test drive and price negotiation. We all know tricks of greedy salesmen. Many of them do not know much about Honda they sell as I do. I came to Okland to talk to the Internet manager for about 30 minutes. He gave me his "wholesale price" to buy back my used Accord. He aso gave me a very high quote for his new Accord. In a week, he sent me an email for follow-up and asked me giving him business. I did not give him any offer but I bought my Accord at other dealer.

Steffani,

I strongly advise you buying your Accord at a local Honda dealership around LA & Orange County. Do not waste your time, long trip gas & money. There are plenty of Honda dealerships near you. Just shop around. In the brink of recession, those Honda dealers need you more than you need them.
  • Options
    Actually purchasing a vehicle from another part of the state is a very common practice now for many brands. It's very popular on Lexus boards. The key is to find a trustworthy dealership and salesperson.

Considering that there's a good $1200 difference here, I strongly urge Steffani to show her local dealer the price that Grace Honda is offering. Tell them that she is willing to drive the distance to save that $$$ if it becomes necessary.

I predict that her local dealer will either match or come very close to their price.

Of course, I too recommend that she stick with a local dealer if possible.
  • Options
    britinvabritinva Member Posts: 7
    :) I am about to buy a new Accord V6 EX-L and have been shopping the price through the internet managers at local dealers in the DC Metro area and using that and the buying club service that my credit union has I've got two dealers offering invoice price.

I keep asking both dealers what the extra options they've installed on the car and only one will tell me ($500 of appearance package i.e. mud guard, door edge guards, pin stripes and wheel locks) and the other dealer that is matching this first dealership's price will not. Also the first dealer has no processing fee since it's through the buying club.

Has anyone succeeded in getting below invoice on this car and what is the best way to convince them that I don't want these additional options they've installed - or at least don't want to pay for it?
  • Options
    nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Hello, what is the invoice for the 08 accord exl v6 4dr sedan, and also the 08 accord coupe exl 4 cylinder. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    britinvabritinva Member Posts: 7
    The accord V6 EXL invoice is $25,416, check edmunds for the coupe invoice price.
  • Options
    leecurrieleecurrie Member Posts: 15
    For what it is worth, my dealer e-mailed me today:

"I did get confirmation from Honda about the special APR today. So I will make sure I follow up with you on Friday when it's announced!"
  • Options
    I would not waste my time going in to the dealer's place that is not telling you what options he has already installed (if any?), they can be as much as $3000 for chrome wheels, etc. As for the appearance package, pretty much most of them have it umless you catch the car right off the truck. In my case, I did not mind having the splash guard, wheel locks and the trunk tray but did not want to overpay for them. I checked the online retail for the 3 items (about $200) and offered my internet sales manager the same price and we agreed on $210 which I thought was a fair deal. By the way, I will be posting my buying experience this coming Friday, I am just waiting for the dealer to finish installing my rear-view camera. I don't want to speak too soon before I pick the car up from the dealership this Friday. Hopefully I will be satisfied!
  • Options
    nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Thank you very much.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that figure does not include destination charge.
  • Options
    rtxbobrtxbob Member Posts: 8
    I am also about to buy a V6 EX L and was looking on this site for some "prices paid". My best quote so far has been invoice + dest. charge ($26051) plus 490 Processing (ridiculous!) plus 7% tax and 21 Title charge....for me $28,419 OTD. I am holding out for 28K OTD.

The "appearance" package is just iceing for the dealer and should not be paid for. As someone mentioned you can buy it yourself and have it installed for half that.

I hope to hear some more prices paid on a V6 EX L. I'm in Ga. but may go over to S.C. if I can get a better price there.