Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• muddyymuddyy Member Posts: 60
    "(all these discounts or incentives) are only known to the business owner"

I think that's the problem. You might even think you know the invoice and both you and Edmunds could be in the dark. I think it's a well guarded secret that pushes the prices up in favor of the dealer. Cars have become so expensive now it's like buying a house and you know that housing prices are nothing but manipulated in the sellers favor. Why, because you need the seller more than he needs you; until that changes, get use to high prices and less value for your dollar.

If you really knew the manufacturer's and the dealer's profit margin you would likely boycott the lot of them. Maybe the poor salesman on the floor isn't rich, but someone in that dealership is making a mint. Don't get me started on the car makers who make record profits while they lay people off and buy companies like Land Rover, Jaguar, Volvo and Aston Martin like I buy chewing gum. Ford just announced the biggest profits in their history:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E07E7DC1631F936A35753C1A96F95826- 0

I love this quote:

'We're building everything we can build,'' said George M. Pipas, Ford's manager of sales analysis. ''Even though our market share is lower, the products that we are building are more profitable.''

That's like saying we make really cheap cars then sell them for an enormous profit, and we're proud of it. They don't need you, but why do you need them? Because the repair bills and reliability factor on the old car they sold you 5 and 10 years ago is driving you crazy. Planned obsolescence? Oh, I couldn't prove anything.

Cynical? Or realist? Hell, I love cars, but damn, I hate profit motive and hidden numbers. Sorry for the rant (I have issues with being a sheep).
  • quattro5quattro5 Member Posts: 39
    Ford just announced the biggest profits in their history:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E07E7DC1631F936A35753C1A96F95826- - 0

I love this quote:

'We're building everything we can build,'' said George M. Pipas, Ford's manager of sales analysis. ''Even though our market share is lower, the products that we are building are more profitable.''

Umm that article is from 1999.
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    yeah the big three are all teeter-tottering on the edge of bankruptcy... combined they don't even break 50% market share.
  • skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    Anybody with any prices in the southeastern PA/southern NJ/northern DE market? I'm not finding deals even close to what I'm reading here. From every dealer I get "the EX-L V6 sedan, other than the coupe, is the most in demand model" and they act like they're doing me a favor with a small discount off msrp. :mad:
  • mamu1mamu1 Member Posts: 2
    I would like to thank the members of this forum for their sincere advice that helped me in my buying process. I have bought a 2008 Accord EX-L 4Cyl polished metal ext with black leather, in Knoxville,TN from westside Honda.
    Edmunds.com invoice=24,026
    I paid 23,300 + T.T.L [2 days ago]
    OTD Price 25,500
    There are 3 dealers in knoxville and the other 2 didn't come down below 23,500+ttl.
    Hope this helps other buyers.
    I am very happy with my purchase.
  • audioslaveryaudioslavery Member Posts: 7
    WOW, awesome deal, good work!

Any tips on how you handled the situation/what you did to bring the dealer down?

Enjoy your new accord!
  • gotqgotq Member Posts: 8
    I have read some articles about people who bought the 08 accord coupe have problems with the brand new car
    (http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2007/10/honda-accord.html)

Have anyone had bad experience with it?

Thanks!
  • leecurrieleecurrie Member Posts: 15
    MSRP including destination: $21,975
    Invoice: $19,815

Selling Price: $19,888
    Sales Tax: $1,392 (7% in St. Paul, MN)
    Doc Fee / Title: $84.75

OTD: $21,646

Brookdale Honda in MN.
  • caddymancaddyman Member Posts: 12
    Try Sussman Honda in Willow Grove, PA, near Phila. Paid $24,000 for a 2008 Accord EX-L. Clean deal, no problems.
    Thanks, I'm looking at the V6 no I'm not familiar with the numbers on the I4. How is that price relative to invoice?
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Audioslavery,

Theorically, if your parents buy the car insurance for you alone price will be about $4,000 - $7,000/ year to insure an oldest ugly car you drive. If you drive a new '08 V6 Accord Coupe insurance is pretty much more. Your parents can save by adding you in family's insurance policy.

Car insurance goes by driver's age first. You are only 17 so your insurance will be astronomically high. In fact, nobody & no dealerships will deal with a 17 years old kid because you are legally incompetent to deal with. Your parents will have to sign the sale contract and everything for you.

Please spare your parents from your speeding tickets & let Dad deals with the dealership. Invoice price is about $28,238. I tell you the Coupe V6 '08 is a powerful beast that's desperately hungry for speeding.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    The parents can pay whatever for insurance. It's pretty irresponsible of them to buy a 17/18 year old teen boy a high power sporty vehicle whether it's a $30K Honda EXV6 coupe a WRX or a $3,000 used 90's Trans Am.
    They will deal with the consequences in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjSxS4eY-L8
    I have got enough for my kids' tickets & dents & hassles, etc.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Is this a LX-P or LX? Thanks.
  • nringnring Member Posts: 97
    does anyone know what the residual and money factor for a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi black on black? I am looking to lease for 36 months, 12K miles/yr in pa at a 6% sales tax... and need this to figure out the monthly payment. Also if you have the suggested MSRP of this car and what a good negotiated sales price for this car that is great. Thanks.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

stupid question...what does T. T. L stand for?..i see invoice + T.T.L

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

Love and ambition on cars, most of the time, is at same level regardless one is a 17 years old kid or a 79.9999 years old man. But at older age men may be more responsible, experienced and knowledgeable to make wiser decisions. Most men's weaknesses are: cars and women(izing).
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    No stupid questions, we're all learning from each other here. TTL stands for tax, title and license. Pretty much covers your taxes and registration fees.
  • mpw407mpw407 Member Posts: 3
    Here is a quote that I just received in Maryland. This was their first quote and we have not yet started to negotiate. I am going to drive it today and compare it to the Acura TL which is also very aggressively priced.

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 Sedan with Leather & Navigation
    $30,260.00 MSRP
    $27,404.00 Invoice (According to autos.yahoo.com)
    $28,665.00 Internet Discounted Price of Vehicle ($1261 over invoice!)
    $635.00 Factory originating destination/freight charge
    $100.00 Processing Fee
    $1,470.00 5% MD Sales Tax
    $210.00 Tags, Title and MD Registration

$ 31,080.00 Total "on the road"

I also want to add on the following accessories:

Wing Spoiler $499
    Splash Guards $99
    All-Season Floor Mats $139
    Rear-view Camera $464

Total Accessories: $1201

Is this car is too new to negotiate more? On the TL-Nav (model change coming in September), I am getting quotes for $30,500 (+ dest + taxes + tags).

The TL offers more luxury and performance. However, the Accord's advantages are VCM, Regular Fuel, Better IIHS Crash Tests, New Generation.

I am thinking of waiting for the Accord Diesel but have not heard any rumors of a release date and pricing. Any advice?
    Good purchase, good decision. But, I got free splash guards & wheel locks from my internet sale manager. I bought a set of very decent & nice floor mat @ Target for $30 but it looks like $100+. I do not care for extra accessories. At the dealer I bought my car, an LX 190HP MSRP is marked up to $36,040 with alll dealer equipped accessories. The new set of 4 shiny & bigger rims costs $3,000. I dont care for those. What I care is the "heart" of the V6 EXL 263 HP. It's enough.

However, you were lucky that your sale tax is only 5%. Ours is 8.725%. Congratulations on your brand new car. I got exact same like yours and paid less than $32K OTD. If I were you I would also choose the Accord '08 EXL w/ Nav over the TL. Enjoy your car & Merry Xmas.
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    Go to anderson Honda in Baltimore and you will be able to get the EX-L with Navi for $200 over involce plus 635 destination and you won't have to buy a bunch of dealer add on options. I think they might charge a $100 processing fee for title and plates.

I am picking up my 2008 Accord EX-L this coming week from Anderson. My price is $25615 (this is $200 over involce) plus destination of $635. Other dealers told me they would honor Anderson's price but then when it came to signing on the line they came back with a story of how Anderson was going to hit me with $551 for extra dealer installed options. This was totally wrong, perhaps a lie. That is why I bought from Anderson which is 15 miles from my home. The other dealer S&S who gave me the $551 story is 1 miles from my house. S&S is not the real dealer name merely the initials. You can easily figure out who it is.
  • fuenferfuenfer Member Posts: 7
    Just bought an EX V6 for $553 under invoice in northern NJ. Deals can be had if you shop around!

MSRP: $26,595
    Invoice price: $24,153
    Purchase Price: $23,600 + TTL.

All prices include destination.
    Fuenfer is this with Navi??

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

holew...are these numbers for the EX-L V6 with Navi? or is the 4 cylinder have an office in Annapolis and could easily work with that dealer...do you have a name of the sales rep you worked with to get the same deal? or if i can email you offline to get the info that would be great

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

Nring -- no, this is for a straight EX V6. If you check on Edmunds.com, the MSRP/invoice for the EX-L V6 with Navi is considerably higher.
  • britinvabritinva Member Posts: 7
    I went in today to purchase my new Accord V6 EX-L from the internet salesperson at Landmark Honda, VA. I had already agreed to a price via email of $200 below invoice on this car with no processing fee, and no appearance package, but when I'd asked for that to be confirmed in writing they backed away from that deal and started pushing just invoice price and then they could waive the other fees and packages. I smelled a rat but was willing to buy at that price still.

Anyway, I went in today to do the deal and I'm told by the sales person that the manager who authorized the price of invoice + TTL was out and the current manager wanted the $299 processing fee and the $495 appearance package.

They refused to honor their own deal and in a matter of a day they pushed up the price on the car $1,000. All the managers there and the internet sales person I dealt with are crooks. They are out to con the customer. I was disgusted by how they treat their customers. If they weren't going to sell me the car at the negotiated price they should have never offered it to me. Nobody forced them to offer $200 below invoice or even invoice for that matter.

Buyer beware of Landmark Honda, VA. They are out to scalp you. They are very arrogant and rude and I'm taking my business elsewhere, to a dealer that isn't full of bs and out to con their customers. :mad: :mad:
  • dmhatredmhatre Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for best price for 2008 Honda Accord LX-P in St. Louis MO 63146 area, including destination charges and doc. fee.

Thanks in adavce.
    There are lot of BS dealers around. Be aware. Finally, after talking with lot of B. Heads I was lucky enough to find an easy, straightforward internet sale manager and I made a deal with him immediately. .
    Dos anyone know what the Lease rates for the 2008 Accord EX-L V6 with Navi for a lease of 12k/miles per year for 36 months..I need the Residual % and the MF for the above configuration. My homework shows this car MSRP is 30,260 and the Invoice is 27,404 with a 595.00 acquisition fee...Thank you. :)

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• linebacker68linebacker68 Member Posts: 5
    I've had my '08 Accord Coupe (Blue V6-L with 6psd manual) for a few weeks now.

No problems except for the fact that I have to refrain from stepping on the gas too much. You can find yourself going in excess of the posted speed limit rather quickly.

It's also a traffic safety hazard. Folks tend to stare at this car and might accidentally run into something.
  • bmet67bmet67 Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased an 08 Accord LX-P sedan/4-cyl/auto for $21,000 OTD minus TT&L. Is this a good deal. What do you think? :shades:
  • uscratchuscratch Member Posts: 27
    You have purchased the car already. Why do you need to know?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If you mean 21k before TT&L that is not a very good price at all especialy for this time of year. This car should be about 19.7 to 20k at MOST before TT&L. Go back to the dealer to see if they can work something out for you.
    First of all, it'll probably do you no good to ask about prices after you've purchased. Best to ask beforehand. Also, in my part of the country, the price you got wasn't very good at all, but it depends on where you live and the demand for the car. If you're in Alaska or Hawaii, you're most certainly going to pay higher prices than Los Angeles or New Jersey.

It's a great car -- don't think about the price anymore, and just enjoy it!
  • frankcariofrankcario Member Posts: 41
    Accordiing to KBB invoice is $20,719.53 so it seems like a pretty good deal to me at less than $300 over invoice. I live in a very competitive market (Houston) and that is about as low a price as I have heard of. Could you have done better? Maybe so, but if you are happy so what.
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    That's a very good price. In my area 08 LX-P' with alloys are going for $20990.00 which according to Honda USA invoice is $20,946.00 or so. Enjoy your car, forget about what other's are paying. If you think you got a good deal then move forward. Forget about going back to the dealer and demanding a lower price. Once the wheels hit the curb and the car is burning gas you're an owner.!
    Mackakbee
  • umyaumya Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for good deal in Raleigh, NC for 08 Accord V6. Any ideas about dealers in this area? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    I see a lot of posters stating they paid $200.00 over invoice $300.00 etc, etc, However they then add $645 for destination plus taxes and fees? The $600+ for destination IS part of the invoice so in reality you are paying $845.00 over invoice and not $200.00 Just FYI.
    Mackabee
    When you use the term "invoice" you should include the destination charge. So it should be in both your invoice number and your amount paid relative to invoice number. Mackabee, that may be in agreement with what you said but I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here!
  • japsjaps Member Posts: 29
    what a moronic statement....he already purchased the car and you advise him to go back to "work something out".....cmon man.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Posters have quoted low prices for Leith and Auto Park Honda in Raleigh and Cary.... I suspect salesmen have been posting those prices. Consider expanding your search area to outside of Raleigh.
    Shop for OTD price if shopping in NC because we ALL have to pay an OTD price.
  • vital411vital411 Member Posts: 67
    I see the MSRP of a Rear Wing Spoiler is 599 + Install. Can anyone share what you've paid for this accessory, including install?

Thanks!
    Andy
    Thank you for saying exactly what the rest of us were thinking. :)
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Does this price include tax, license and fees, if so, you got a awesome deal! The lowest price I have been quoted is $22,800 out the door (includes tax, license and fees).
  • jlenhjlenh Member Posts: 3
    hi everyone. i'm in sacto., Ca. i'm looking for a accord lx-p or accord ex-l auto.
    does anyone know or got a good deal for it? ;) . Thankyou!
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Posters have quoted low prices for Leith and Auto Park Honda in Raleigh and Cary.... I suspect salesmen have been posting those prices. Consider expanding your search area to outside of Raleigh.

Ahhh....that makes more sense. From what I've experienced.....Leith autogroup has been historically high for years, not even reasonably close. I always give them what effectively is a first right of refusal (since they're geographically the closest), and on my last four vehicles their final deal offers have ranged to at worst $4000 higher, and at best $1200 higher.

That's a lot of college funding now "in the bank".
  • leecurrieleecurrie Member Posts: 15
    LX
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    I got my exl from the internet sales manager at Grace Honda. I am in Sacto area too but he was the lowest bid so I made the trip to San Bruno. He was straightforward and a nice guy to work with. Most my low bids were in San Jose area and Grace was the lowest at below invoice. If you contact him you can mention my name to him if you want to. I don't know how much that would help but it will probably go down to his lowest price since he would know we have talked.
  • stephanie2167stephanie2167 Member Posts: 15
    My husband and I are looking to buy a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 in January and so far the best price I have received is $25,443 +TTL.

What do you think? This is in LA / OC area.
    Considering invoice including destination is $26,051 I'd say you're not going to do any better! In fact, I think you must be excluding the destination charge from your number because $608 under invoice sounds a little aggressive this early in the model year...