Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    You should get a "demo" at a used car price..
  • mcnastytxmcnastytx Member Posts: 2
    2007 Accord EX-L 4Cyl AT
    w/ Honda Pro Pack @ COST(208 for wheel locks, mud flaps,trunk tray)

SALE price 22091.00
    Document fees 50.00
    Licensce 33.00
    State Inv. Tax 23.75
    Sales tax(6.25%) 1448.90
    EQUALS $23,926.95

Is this a good deal for TX? I know its a 2007, but I don't mind and it should also qualify for special financing.

Also, the salesman claims to not know anything about the finance rates. Any recommendations before I drive the 90 miles to their location?
  • horns1horns1 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone share their prices w/ me on this car? We are looking for a black w/ ivory int. & can only find 1 in the state of TX & they are asking MSRP for it. I have also been told they are no longer going to make this color combination when the factory starts back up in Jan, can any confirm or deny this? Thanks for your help
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    I am not sure about th price in TX. The current pricing for 07 accords are well below invoice. Personally, I wouldn't take the chance driving 90 miles to go deal with a salesman who claims he does not know about a wideely known finance deal on the cars he sells.
    In ca the title would show sold as new. However, what do you think would be the right price for an 08 EXL v6 with navi, with 4500 miles?
  • jkisjcajkisjca Member Posts: 8
    This demo is driven by the owner of the dealership, so I've been told. I doubt that it was "abused". It has chrome 18" wheels and upgraded tires which I do not want. The salesman agreed to remove them and put the stock wheels and tires on. He also agreed to sell accessories for a little above his cost, except for the rearview camera (he matched another dealer's qoute)

I could not find any pre-owned 2008 EX-L, V-6, AT, w/ Navi in any of the major car websites (Vehix, Cars.com, Edmunds, etc. )

Thanks for your input.
  • mvp2nymvp2ny Member Posts: 7
    Anyone using any extra security alarms on their new rides. I am thinking about Lo-Jack living in the NYC area but I really dont' like the idea of tracking the car down. Any other ideas? :surprise:
  • mcnastytxmcnastytx Member Posts: 2
    I'm pretty sure I can get the financing with my FICO, and it's on Honda's site. I will call them first thing Monday before driving there.

Edmunds claims the car is $23,300 invoice, so it looks like $1300 under that.
  • gavvygavvy Member Posts: 1
    Could you pl email the dealership name and city for this deal? I need to buy a car urgently ad hopefully I can get the deal you got.
    thx
    It sounds like the one I saw at Stevens Creek a couple of weekends ago. If it is the same one, it seemed well taken care of and sharp looking, of course I am biased towards black/ivory Accords! Just consider the milage in the final cost, accessories are not more than $200 (splash guard, wheel locks, trunk tray), and yes, dump those chromw wheels for $3000!, Good luck.
    A "demo" is a car either used by a dealer,returned by a customer because financing fell thru or some other reason,,,although legaly it may not be a used car in reality it is and with 4500 miles it should honestly be sold at a used car price. The price OTD should be lower than the invoice.
  • 96gc1owner96gc1owner Member Posts: 54
    Is it new or used? I bought a used 2007 EX-L 4 cyl AT with Navi and a ceiling mounted TV/DVD player last week for $18,400. It has 19K miles on it. The dealer quoted me Capital One for 5 years at 5.29%. New or 2007 used same rate.
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    According to salesmen & reports, dealers make more profits on used cars than new cars.
    This is true! maybe they should title that "demo" car and sell it used to make more money than currently offered "new" demoed car.
  • 96gc1owner96gc1owner Member Posts: 54
    You bet. The first owner of my Accord (if she got a good deal) paid about $25,000 for it. She owned in 10 months and traded it in on a SUV. I bought it for $18,400. That means the dealer probably gave her $17,000 for it on trade and added her upside down difference to the SUV. Of course, he probably played with the numbers to "show" that he was giving her $23,000 for the trade by taking money off the SUV and adding it to the trade. That made her feel better about it. Then he sells me the used Accord and makes $1700 more plus interest if I finance with them.

Bottomline: Dealers make lots of money on trades when people do not do their research and/or are in the rutt over a new purchase and make a hasty choice. Want to avoid it? Sell your car and go the dealer with cash.
    One dealer prosposed $7,500 to pay for my '02 Accord V6 EX @ 61K miles that I have bought it at $25.5K at Dec.2001 and "pampered" it like a baby. I told him "forget it". Then, he asked me if he "can earn his business with me on a top new '08 Accord V6 at MSRP. I ignored him and bought my '08 at other dealer.
  • c2008c2008 Member Posts: 17
    Hi, Anyone purchased a 2008 LX-P 4 cyl Auto recently in Twin Cities? Any advice on the price is appreicated.
  • mconlymconly Member Posts: 1
    am i missing something here? i received an internet quote for a 2008 EX-L accord (in RI) that was for the invoice(23,428) plus the destination charge(635) for a total of 24,063. this seems pretty reasonable. are there hidden costs that i am missing? can i get a better deal?

thanks.
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    I picked up my NEW 2008 Accord EX-L V6 this past Thursday. Paid $25615 which is dealer invoice plus $635 destination. I also got the extended warranty for 8 years 120,000 miles with zero deductible. At first the dealer said the price for this was $1995. But I had an ace in the hole. I had done my homework and found over the INTERNET a Honda Dealer in R.I. who was selling HONDA CARE WARRANTS apparently at his cost. For the 8 year 120,000 mile zero deductible his price was $995. For the same with $100 deductible it was $895.

When I told the sales person (actually the finance guy) that I could get the warranty for $995 he asked to see the printout. Upon reading it he said "IF YOU CANE GET IT FOR $995 BUY IT, SINCE MY COST is $995." I then asked him for his bottom price which came down a whole lot to $1095 or $100 more then the dealer in R.I. So for the convenience of dealing immediately and locally I went for the $1095. Just goes to show how important it is to do your homework before you go out to buy your car.

He also mentioned LO-JACK. He mentioned that the ACCORD was the most stolen car in the USA and I suspect that in large urban areas such as NYC your odds of having you car stolen, especially if you park it on a public street are very high in favor of having it stolen. If I were you I would get the LO-JACK.

I think the cost was a one time payment of about $1400.

The two factors of Accord being the most stolen car plus living in a big urban area where your car is probably going to be parked on a public street would be enough for me to get LO-JACK.

I live in a suburban area about 25 miles north-east of Baltimore and my car is parked in my garage at night. So I don't think LO-JACK is all that important for me. Also I rarely drive into Baltimore and when I do I park in an enclosed guarded garage.

BTW in other messages about the 2008 V6 there was several complaints about surging or unusual engine oscillations. I test drove the V6 prior to ordering a V6 and never noticed any problems. The engine is very smooth. Also my V6 with only about 100 miles on it also has not have any surging problems.
    Congrats on your new EX-L V6.
    Someone else from RI got their 08 EX-L V6 for $26,700 OTD so you got a good deal. Good decision on NOT getting LO-JACK... now would you really want a car back if it were stollen?
    Just get the best OTD price.... a dealer can have the lowest vehicle price however can also be the highest OTD price.... OTD is the bottom line price so shop that.
  • qqcaqqca Member Posts: 2
    We just bought a 08 Accord EX with I4 Engine in north california. Price is 21,500 plus TTL. The OTD price is 23,540. We had a very good buying experience. The exterior color is polished mental metallic and interior color is gray fablic.
  • malhotramalhotra Member Posts: 3
    Just bought an Accord LX in Central Jersey (David Michael Honda in Freehold, NJ), for a total of 20,800.00 OTD.

Got an Internet price quite, and walked into the dealership on Dec 31 afternoon. After some hagglng, settled on the price, with the caveat that we complete the transaction and take delivery that very day.

All in all, a good buying experience.
  • skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    Can you provide the breakdown?

Congrats on your purchase.
  • hondanjhondanj Member Posts: 2
    I want to know what the best price out there for a 2008 Honda Accord LX Automatic Sedan in the NJ Area is? Looking to buy ASAP please advise.
  • sfjoe523sfjoe523 Member Posts: 8
    where in northern california? good price!
  • genesthogenestho Member Posts: 2
    In Toronto, Canada, I paid 33200 CAD on-the-road for my 2008 Accord Coupe EX-L....Not too sure if I got a good price on it, but the MSRP on the car in Canada is 30390.

Car prices in Canada are ridiculous compared to the US :(
    Thursday, January 3, 2008

33,200 Canadian Dollar = 33,512.3 US Dollar

This is a V6, I guess. You paid a little bit high. Congrats on your new coupe.
  • diuneidiunei Member Posts: 23
    Congrats on your new Accord V6.
    I am interested in getting an extended warranty for my Accord. Do you still have the link to the RI dealer or any contact info. Thanks in advance for any help. :)
  • trs900trs900 Member Posts: 19
    Wondering if EXL-6 Coupe can be bought at invoice or below with no BS dealer rip off fees..My wife has her 08 EXL- 6 Pearl White Sedan which we paid $26,200 including all fees except Florida tax-tag with wheel locks-mud guards-stripes-special paint sealant(lol) Total OTD with everything was $27,978 so I thought I might treat myself to a coupe with a 6 speed manual, I want a price like some here have said below invoice including destination. True or BS only you know... I would be willing to go up to 500 miles to buy from 33478
  • malhotramalhotra Member Posts: 3
    Total Price: 19031
    NJ 7% Tax: 1332
    Doc Fee: 195
    NJ Tire Fee: 7

Total: 20,800.00 OTD

Good Luck.
  • genesthogenestho Member Posts: 2
    No, actually it's the 4-cylinder I got. But we have a 14% sales tax and all sorts of government fees, not to mention that Freight is almost double of the US. The before taxes and fees price was in the 25K CAD range. When I compare US vs Canadian prices on cars, it really makes me angry at how much more we pay up here in the North, considering the exchange rate now.

Basically I'm just wondering if there are other Canadian buyers who bought the 08 coupe and what their experiences and prices were.

Just for comparison, here are some examples of the differences in MSRP in the 2 countries.

2008 Honda Accord EX Coupe (Manual) US vs. Canada
    $23 160 in US vs. $27 990 in Canada

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 NAVI Coupe (Manual/Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $30 510 in US vs. $38 290 in Canada

2008 Honda Accord LX Sedan (Manual) US vs. Canada
    $20 360 in US vs. $25 090 in Canada

2008 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $25 860 in US vs. $31 090 in Canada

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 NAVI Sedan (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $30 260 in US vs. $37 790 in Canada

2008 Honda Civic DX Coupe (Manual) US vs. Canada
    $14 810 in US vs. $17 190 in Canada

2008 Honda Civic EX-L Coupe (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $22 460 in US vs. $24 980 in Canada

2008 Honda Civic Si Coupe (Manual) US vs. Canada
    $21 110 in US vs. $26 680 in Canada

2008 Honda Civic DX Sedan (Manual) US vs. Canada
    $15 010 in US vs. $16 990 in Canada

2008 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $20 710 in US vs. $23 480 in Canada

2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan (Manual) US vs. Canada
    $21 310 in US vs. $26 680 in Canada

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4WD (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $21 900 in US vs. $29 790 in Canada

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L NAVI 4WD (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $28 400 in US vs. $37 790 in Canada

2008 Honda Element LX 2WD (Manual) US vs. Canada
    $18 980 in US vs. $25 290 in Canada

2008 Honda Element EX 4WD (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $23 190 in US vs. $31 590 in Canada

2008 Honda Element SC (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $23 575 in US vs. $31 190 in Canada

2008 Honda Fit Sport (Manual) US vs. Canada
    $15 270 in US vs. $19 580 in Canada

2008 Honda Fit Sport (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $16 070 in US vs. $20 880 in Canada

2008 Honda Pilot SE 4WD (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $32 995 in US vs. $43 990 in Canada

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L NAVI 4WD (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $35 645 in US vs. $46 690 in Canada

2008 Honda Ridgeline LX/RT 4WD (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $28 000 in US vs. $35 820 in Canada

2008 Honda Ridgeline EX-L NAVI/RTL NAVI (Automatic) US vs. Canada
    $35 090 in US vs. $45 220 in Canada
  • applecore323applecore323 Member Posts: 41
    Yes, there is a $595 acquistion fee on a lease. This is in addition to the destination fee that is part of the MSRP of the vehicle (and which is included when figuring your residual).
  • applecore323applecore323 Member Posts: 41
    I'd suggest that if you don't NEED a car right now to wait for a few more months.
  • skoretskskoretsk Member Posts: 38
    Thanks. So the $19,031 included the destination charge?
  • stevedc34stevedc34 Member Posts: 25
    Has anyone received a quote on 2007 LX 4cl? Any suggestions on what to expect with the new incentives for 2008? Thanks.
  • hondanjhondanj Member Posts: 2
    So I am trying to figure out how you determine what is a 'fair deal' for a Honda....

From what I can tell most people on here seem to be paying either invoice or below invoice for their new Honda's...
    Is Below Invoice a fair deal? From what I always though a 'fair deal' on a new car was either invoice or close to it(1-3%.)
    How do you justify going into the dealership and asking for under invoice on a new car to the point that the salesman and dealer reallly aren't making a decent profit. Everyone has the right to make a profit on a vehicle. Honda put dealer holdback on the cars so that the dealership would always make some sort of profit on their vehicles. I think invoice is fair or slightly under, asking for all the holdback isn't. Just a thought.... :confuse:
  • gdog08gdog08 Member Posts: 2
    Just got $26,200 plus tax tag and title after a few days of haggle. In Atlanta so I had several dealerships to work with, but this one was the most reasonable.

Good Luck!
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Here in the twin cities the advertising adjusted invoice price for an LX-P with A/T is $20919.00 -- $200.00 over the advertised invoice here at edmunds.com. All five (soon to be six) metro dealers co-op advertising which pays for the Saturday and Sunday ad's, as well as various other advertising ventures. This $200.00 is a legitimate charged added to the invoices at the factory, not at the dealer level.

I work for the #2 delaer here in town (volume wise), Richfield Bloomington Honda, as the internet manager. The rules on this form prevent me from sharing any thing about me beyond that. With that said, I'm happy to price one out for you:

$22795.00 MSRP
    RB Honda INTERNET (only) discount
    $20619.00 e-Price
    $335.75 MN plate and transfer fee's
    $1340.24 MN sales tax (6.5%)
    $50.00 dealer documentaion fee
    =$22344.99 OTD

Good luck. Hope the info helps, if you need any further assistance you can email me here.
    Someone else got $26,900 OTD in Atlanta... you got a GOOD deal!
  • hotsunhotsun Member Posts: 4
    hello qqca, could you tell me which dealer you bought this Accord EX from. It is a good deal, and I want to an Accord EX too. Thanks, hotsun
  • asmith262asmith262 Member Posts: 6
    Which dealers in ATL where offering best prices?
  • dpaige2dpaige2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Thank you very much for all your help by posting real world prices and experiences.
    My dealer has quoted me 24600+TTL.
    I am demanding around 24100+TTL and financing around 6.25% APR. My credit score is 732 but one of the dealers showed my credit score as 686 on his screen (was surprised to see it) from the same credit bureau. My bank if ready to finance around 6.5%.

Is this descent price I am asking for or can I go still lower for my credit score for EX-L?

DP
  • gdog08gdog08 Member Posts: 2
    Carland in Roswell was the best to work with. I also liked the internet manager at Curry but he did not have what I wanted in stock. Ed voyles did not have what I wanted either. Stay far far away from Gwinett Place, they were playing all kinds of games with me.

This is my second honda bought from Carland, and would highly recommend them to anyone in the market for a Honda.

I was very firm with what I was going to pay, so in the end it worked out for both of us.

Good Luck.
  • lidarthmaullidarthmaul Member Posts: 1
    is this a good offer:

price w/ $220 trade in - $19445.00
    tax (8.625%) - $1667.13
    DMV & dealer fees - $187.5
    Total - $21309,63
  • rkh29rkh29 Member Posts: 9
    I have looked at the last month' postings here and most of the decent prices are far from me. The one good price I saw was from Vancouver, WA but a follow-up post stated just got MSRP from that dealer. South Sound Honda in Tacoma had told me they could only go a few hundred under MSRP and got these now expired quotes from Honda of Seattle.
    2008 Accord EX-L automatic sedan-$25,362.98

2008 Accord EX-V6 automatic sedan-$25,483.34

2008 Accord EX-LV6 automatic sedan-$27,250.97

I am looking for beige with ivory interior.
    Does anyone know if factory orders might be easier to get a good price on rather than dealer stock or dealer trade??
    Of course markets are different but from my experience in CA, your number is reasonable. Your credit score will not have an effect on the selling car price, only on the financing. With a 686 credit score, you should be able to get a 6 or 6.1% interest rate. That is what the CA area credit unions are offering these days.
    The best price you can get from any dealer would be on the existing inventory sitting in their lot.
    Based on the quotes you are getting and depending on how close you live to CA, it might be your worth while to buy it from a CA dealer, closest to you.
  • rkh29rkh29 Member Posts: 9
    I meant without nav. oops