Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    With such a pleasant wish how could I be sore?

:):):)
  • joc3joc3 Member Posts: 4
    tsx200, what dealer gave you the 21,190 + TTL quote on the '08 EX I4 auto? Do you know if it was for an in-stock car, or willing to give you that price on a color of your choice? thx lots.
    What prices are people getting for the EX -- not EX-L -- in the Bay area? I don't need the leather and would rather take the cash. Dealership names would be very helpful.

Also, if EX is a limited build, am I likely to get an equally good deal on an EX-L?

Many thanks to everyone for all the posts -- this discussion is a gold mine for an unsavvy buyer like me who would like to enter the negotiations well armed.
  • tsx200tsx200 Member Posts: 16
    joc 3. I got it from Grace Honda and you can pick the car that you like.
    Thanks a lot for the quick answer, tsx200, and for all your other posts -- can't say how much I appreciate. Did you have a good buying experience -- no bs, car was ready when they said?
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    Right around invoice. Try Grace Honda or Livermore Honda, among others. Try the internet department of all the Honda dealers in the Bay area (I wrote to more than 15) and you will get the right price, but be patient,
  • accordowner4accordowner4 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,
    I recently purchased an 08 Accord EX-L, 4 door, Auto. Its black + black leather interior. I didn't get wheel-locks/trunk-tray/spIash gaurds or any extra accesories with the car.

I paid $23188 (incl destination) + TTL + Doc fee. I went to the dealership with a pre-approved loan. I benefited from the discussions here and would like to thank everyone for sharing their buying experiences.

I am not sure if I got a very good deal but I am sure I was not ripped off by the dealer. Some of the dealers tried to take me a ride once they got to know I was a first time buyer. I am planning to document my experiences in the dealership sections of Edmunds.

Thanks
  • howard18howard18 Member Posts: 53
    I received a quote as follow, don't know is a good deal or not

Vehicle Price
    $22,255.71

Sales Tax

Documentary Fee
    $50.00

Title Fee
    $44.50

License Plates
    $60.80

Inspection Fee
    $23.75

Full Deputy Fee
    $5.00

Dealer's Inventory Tax
    $55.88

Your Drive out Price
    $23,886.63

Comes with Life-time Oil Change + 7Years/100,000 Miles Warranty

Please Advice!!!
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I got on the Holmes Honda e-mail list some time back - when shopping for an Accord or S2000 deal, I guess. Never did any business with them, but they seem to have good prices.

The latest e-mail says:

2008 HONDA ACCORD SEDAN LX
    AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    MSRP: $21,795
    NOW THROUGH 1/31
    $19,788

OR GET THE PREMIUM PACKAGE
    MSRP: $22,795
    NOW THROUGH 1/31
    $20,688

I don't know if these prices include the dealer fee, if any, but invoice on an I4 LX AT is $19,815 and the I4 LX-P AT is $20,719 so these prices are just under invoice.

Again, never did business with them but if you live within driving distance of Shreveport you might contact them.

Dennis
    I'm not an expert, but that sounds like a pretty good price -- well below invoice. I'm getting quotes right now on a slightly different model, but still am a bunch above invoice. Can you tell me what dealer you bought from and whether they were easy to deal with -- doing what they promised? (If you've already written them up, it would be great if you could point me to where -- I just tried to find a dealership section on Edmunds and failed; apologies for being such a newbie.) Thanks very much.
  • sigp226sigp226 Member Posts: 16
    Please check your e-mail at carspace.com. I will probably go for 08 EX-V6 although I have seriously considered a used (2 yr old) TL. I have to thank everyone who shared their experience here and I will share my experience after I complete my deal.
  • ramstein317ramstein317 Member Posts: 47
    All: I would like to know your opinion on these quotes. I am currently leasing a 2008 Acura TSX through AHFC, since August of 2007. However, I want to get rid of it, and want to get an Accord for "FINANCE". I have gotten two quotes, from this dealer for a 2007, and 2008 Accord EXL-V6 Sedan.
    Internet quote- 2007 Accord EXL-V6- $21,900. for a 2008 Accord EXL-V6 $24,900. What say? What do you guys think, I should do? Is it possible for me to get rid of the 2008 Acura TSX which has about 11,400 miles, and is leased for 24,000 months for 36 months. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks...
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    The 24900 for the 2008 is a good price. Does that include Dest ($635). I got mine for 25900 including Dest. I am assuming you still have to add the TTL and any accessories? One thing YOU SHOULD DO is drive the 2008 first. You may not like the VCM/Tranny shifting issues and may want to go with the 2007. You can read other complaints about the VCM in the VCM section also.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am still debating, which one I should go for. Also, the price doesn't include the TTL. Do you think, they will let me go away with the Destination charge? I wonder, what interest rates will they give me for the 2007 model.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    So essentially I should be able to get an EX-L 4cyl, with Navi 08 Accord for that same price of $24,900 ?? Considering the navi and 6cyl engine option are the same cost.
    I have been reading the forum for the VCM for the 08 model. People are not happy with the way it shifts on certain speeds. If I were you, I wouldn't buy the 08's as of now. New model, newly released, etc.. I am personally thinking to get the 2007 Accord EX-L V6.
    Well, that is why I am going to get the 4cyl, but with the navigation. Its too new, which I know, but I never really entertained getting the 6cyl. The 4cyl is fine for me. Plus, I can get the navi, which has the high tech goodies. I might as well. If I get can the EX-L 4cyl, Navi, for the $24,900, that would be an amazing deal.

but only if a dealer will offer that too me.
  • ycartycart Member Posts: 2
    Sticker Price: $27,288 because of the added spoiler and wheel locks. :)

I paid $25000... $27228.51 OTD!!!

I am in LOVE with my car.
    Awesome, Now you need to tint the windows, and your set! They are beautiful!!
    4cylinders are going at or below invoice. I have noticed this for the last 3 + months that I have been following prices. The V6 EXL (specially w/ Navi) is the one in low supply and harder to get a real good deal on. You should be able to get a good deal on the 4c. Roll up your sleeves and start writing to those internet managers! Good luck. You'll love the car.
    I know "some" people have posted problems with the VCM, but I would not want to get the wrong idea out that the VCM is faulty, as a whole. I don't have any problems with my Accord's VCM and I sor sure am a picky driver. I know of several others on this forum that have no problem with it. It is not to say that some don't have the problems they have stated but I think they are few and far in between (no reason not to be taken care of by Honda, though).
  • blsilviablsilvia Member Posts: 1
    Might I ask which dealer this was at, I'm getting ready to buy and I'm in RI.
    Thanks
  • ycartycart Member Posts: 2
    Tuesday... its my next day off and I'm FOR SURE getting my windows tinted.
    If its possible to be in love with an inanimate object, I am.
    :blush:
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Hennessy Honda in Woodstock, GA quoted me $19,970 for the I4LX AT and $20,870 for the I4 LX-P AT. These prices include the Accord sedan, destination, and dealer fee (and $3 for GA lemon law).

Invoice on the LX AT is $19,815 and is $20,719 so these are both a little under invoice INCLUDING the dealer fee.

My wife and I picked up a new Pilot from Hennessy last week and someone had asked for for LX and LX-P prices so I thought I would post them here too.

Their Internet folks usually have very aggressive pricing, and the actual amount in relation to invoice varies with the engine, trim line, and the inventory of the car you are interested in.

Dennis
  • tsx200tsx200 Member Posts: 16
    No. I have not purchase the car yet.Because I am still considering between the Accord and TSX. Accord is bigger and safer but TSX has better looking & more fun to drive, + still a very safe car.
  • ffloyd25ffloyd25 Member Posts: 5
    What do you mean by out the door? I'm looking at the 4cyl E-XL and the dealer says they won't go below MSRP 25960 but this doesn't include anything but the just the vehicle price... read somewhere online that invoice is 23518 but dealers are saying they won't give anywhere near invoice since they are limited in # of coupes.. let me know if you've found anything different..
  • hondafan28hondafan28 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm planning to buy a 2008 Honda accord coupe with navi 6M. I'm living here in south florida, any idea for the best price? OTD? Any negative feedback about this car? Thanks....
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Good luck finding one especially if you are picky about colors or dealer options.
  • duke15duke15 Member Posts: 161
    sunnfun - What dealership did you go with in Virginia? I live in NoVa and I'm looking for an Accord now.

Thanks
  • rdindcrdindc Member Posts: 4
    I'm in the market to purchase a 2008 Accord V6 EX-L and live in the DC area. I'd be happy if you could let me know the name of the dealership or the city in which you went to.
    Duke15

Let me know if Sunnfun tells you the dealership where he got the car.
    Give me your email and I will send you the info and prices I got.
    Give me your email and I will send you the info.
    sunnfun my email address is dhekar02@aol.com
  • daggerpointdaggerpoint Member Posts: 3
    the txs and the tl coming out with new bodies. by summer time. maybe u can wait.
    Just sent you the info. Let me know how it goes.
  • touaregjunktouaregjunk Member Posts: 3
    I was qouted $24,500 without tax and reg for a 2008 EXL 4cyl.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/honda/accord/100939059/optionsresults.html?actio- n=2

is this a good deal?

I heard some are getting them for $500 below invoice?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    You're right. None out there in ANY color and none in the pipeline either at least in my neck of the woods.
  • greenie1greenie1 Member Posts: 8
    Just got a price on new '07 Accord EX-L V6:

Car 22,299
    Dest. 635
    Doct fee 349 - dealer fee
    DMV 200
    Nj Tire 7.50
    NJ tax 1,605
    _______

Good Deal
    Greenie: Although, the price is outstanding (OPEN ROAD), for a model for 2007. However, try looking around at more dealers, and see if you get can get a better price for the car itself excluding other addable charges. Hint: Route 22 Honda, Hillside is offering the price for or about @21500 around there lumpsum. Additionally, if your credit is good, Honda dealers will get you the lowest APR financing rate available. Plus, No need to pay the tire fee, documentation fee, dealter fee, they're all full of crappy fees, and have nothing to do with you. If I were you, I would Add the "CAR" fee, try to negotiate the DESTINANTION FEE, and the tax= Financing amount. Good Luck!
    I paid $21,200.00 plus fees in Southern California. It had everything except NAV. Contrary to popular opinion here, the dealers will not go to $20,000.00 on these. I was told after much haggling that 21,200.00 was it...no more and I even left the dealership and they let me walk away with this price. I bought it later. As it was it was something like $4,500.00 off sticker. A couple of thousand below invoice.

It's still only $1,000.00 more than a '08 BASE ACCORD LX.

Good luck!!
    Addition to the above...it was a 4cylinder-EX-L
    Chuck1: If you're stating that you paid that much money for a 2007 -4cyl EX-L, then I am so sorry to say, that you still got ripped off!!
    Ramstein - you have made your thoughts known. However, you haven't proved that I got ripped. Show me some numbers under the rules of use here on Edmunds and prove it.
    Chuck-

I don't know if you got Ripped off but I was quoted a price of 24,000 out the door for an 2008 Accord EX-L w/o Navi.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    $21,200 is a good OTD price... some else did $21,500 OTD and I thought that was good for a 2007 EX L V6.
  • duke15duke15 Member Posts: 161
    sunnfun, my email address is rankind15@yahoo.com - thanks
    Just sent it over. Good luck!
  • nick49nick49 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I am new to this site and i really dont know how it works. I am looking into buying a 2008 Accord Ex coupe and i wanted to know what prices other people have paid. So far I am getting a deal for $22,347 plus taxes and fees...is that a good price? have people paid less? more?
    HELP!

Thanks,
    Nick.
  • greenie1greenie1 Member Posts: 8
    I need to bring you up-to-date. I took ramstein317 advice and contacted Route 22 Honda. Internet Manager quoted me 21819 for 2007 Accord EXL – V6. Best price so far. I then asked for fees. I got email back saying “doc, mv ,dest and taxes”. I responded with, “What would be helpful are actual dollar amounts”. I got back, “doc-299,dest-595,mv-254 and taxes 7%”.

So I went last night. I immediately showed them email from Internet Manager. Was passed along to a sales associate. The first “new” car he showed me had 770 miles on it. I told him this is a used car not new. He found another one with only 33 miles. After test drive I said okay let’s write it up.

Sales manager came out and I again showed him numbers for Internet Manager. He said okay but wanted me to take delivery immediately. I said no, I’ll give deposit and pick up Saturday. He finally agreed. He and sales associate go off to talk and sales associate comes back with credit agreement. I told him again, I’m not doing any finance.

He goes off to talk to sales manager. I should have walked at this point. Sales associate comes back with agreement and asked me to sign. I told him I need to read it first. The first item below vehicle price is something called Millennium package - $599. I asked what that was and sales associate said it was paint and leather sealer. I said I don’t want it and he immediately offered to lower the package to $199. I said no. He goes off to talk to sales manager. I should have walked.

Sales manager tries to explain that package also includes window etching and will save me money on insurance. I said this is a deal breaker. He finally agrees to take it off.

Sales associate presents new agreement. I offer down payment. Sales associate goes off to get it signed. Now a floor manager comes over with more paper and tries to show me he is losing money on deal and that I need to take Millennium package for $199. He says all cars that come in get the package and it includes wheel locks already on car. I show him email from internet manager with no mention of Millennium package. Floor manager says he (internet manager) may not know that this car had the package. I responded, if all cars get it, then he must know. By the way, there were no wheel locks on any showroom floor car.

I asked for and received down payment check back. As I’m walking out the door, sales manager and floor manager are now following me, telling me they will take the package off. I told them it was to late. I should feel good about buying a new car and it was not happening. I just wanted to go home and take a shower.

Lesson learned. When the deal starts to smell, run.