Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jncarsjncars Member Posts: 13
    Edmunds's published invoice is $28,039. (27,404+635 dest.)
    Where did you get $28,674 from?
  • Options
    amoviefan1amoviefan1 Member Posts: 24
    I just got a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 4-door sedan withOUT Navigation for $25,800 including destination and withOUT tax, title and license in Minneapolis, MN. Two dealers' internet managers were willing to do it. This is $251 below Edmunds' invoice price. I'm happy. Good luck, everyone.
  • Options
    merlion0821merlion0821 Member Posts: 143
    I can tell you I am NOT satisfied with my '08 EX-L V-6. I'm going to be taking my car in to a dealer for the VCM problem I am experiencing, but will have them consult with me prior to any "fix" that they may wish to attempt.

I'm not sure that they will know what to do, but I am also curious why some cars seem to be afflicted with VCM problems, and some are not. Is it a legitimate problem with some cars, or are the cars all the same, and less sensitive drivers unaware of the problem. The bottom line with me is that Honda has stated in their own literature that "The transition between the three operating modes is completely seamless and goes unnoticed by the Accord's passengers." Absolutely NOT in my case.

I am so frustrated with this vehicle that I am considering trading it in on something else with less than 200 miles on the odometer.
  • Options
    steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Cars Direct shows the invoice as 28288. I have always found CarsDirects invoice to match what the dealers have right to the dollar.
  • Options
    chd1chd1 Member Posts: 8
    Most dealers that I've talked to in the MD/northern VA area would take $24,155 + tax/title for this vehicle. Will update next Friday with best offer and my final price.
  • Options
    abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    Can someone report the best price for Sedan 2.4L Auto EX-L with Nav?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Thanks, Isellhondas. I trust your objective attitude 100%.
  • Options
    jmck2jmck2 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealers in the Twin Cities were you dealing with?

Thx
  • Options
    blackmax01seblackmax01se Member Posts: 8
    Spent about 2 weeks looking at edmunds and local dealer ad's. The old 2001 Maxima just hit 109,000 and its time to move on. Geat car, hope my new Accord holds up as well.

2008 EX-L Grey on Grey ( according to the dealers seems everyone wants Grey)

Any way negotiated an invoice deal from a few dealers $24,000. Now here is where it gets good.I wanted a rear spoiler and Fog lamps (dealer installed options). Everyone said these were $1200 list add ons.

I also did not want to finance at the average 5.5%. I picked up my Accord for $25,500 with three years zero percent financing.

I figure I saved about $600 on the options and $600 on the finance cost.

Really love the look with the spoiler and fogs.

Kay Honda Eatontown nj
  • Options
    doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    Very few 07 's left in Denver, but I share your misgivings about the 08 model. Still, $24,000 seems a bit rich for last year's model, especially given a quote for an 08 EXL-I4 for $23,800.

Would welcome any thoughts. Thanks.
  • Options
    dn3g3ldn3g3l Member Posts: 3
    i just paid $21500 otd for 08 lx-p sedan. is this a good deal? bought this in southern california.
  • Options
    msuwmsuw Member Posts: 5
    I need help in determining a fair price to pay for a 2006 Honda Accord EX-L with 20,300 miles. The dealer is asking $19,800. Your help will be greatly appreciated as I feel like a novice when it comes to buying a car.
  • Options
    Please read the previous message. With $20K you can buy a new '08 Accord via negotiation. Check with various Honda Internet sale managers.
  • Options
    msuwmsuw Member Posts: 5
    I really would like an Accord EX with leather. I think a 2008 EX with leather would cost quite a bit more than $20,000. Does anyone have any advice concerning what I should offer for a 2006 Accord EX with leather?
  • Options
    fusionacidfusionacid Member Posts: 11
    Thanks iu_gary.

I was able to negotiate 23,800 including destination. I have not asked about other fee's...title/reg(dmv), doc fee, tax.
  • Options
    nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    hey lambu,
    You posted that you got an 08 Accord EX Auto for 23,800 OTD, can you give me some information on it? Like which dealer and what was the price before TTL? I'm in Tampa Bay Area too and looking to get one. Any information is much appreciated.
  • Options
    boe_dboe_d Member Posts: 66
    Hello,

I'm looking for a good deal on a EX-L 2.4L WITH NAV in the Los Angeles area. I've gotten quite a few quotes of $26500 without all the additional fees. Anyone seeing better? PLease let me know.

Thanks
  • Options
    lambulambu Member Posts: 16
    nmsg,
    send me ur email address and I will forward it..
  • Options
    redvwredvw Member Posts: 40
    Does Honda offer an HD Radio option? If not how easily can it be added to the 2008 Accord?
  • Options
    fuzzydicefuzzydice Member Posts: 9
    Anyone lease a 4cyl exl coupe...Id like to hear what rates are out there.

Also, first time leasing--would a manual tranny hurt the residual? Wouldnt mind getting this car in a stick but not if the loss on residual would outweigh the difference in price of the car.

Thanks!
  • Options
    best2000best2000 Member Posts: 1
    Your deal looks good to me. I'm looking for a EXL V6 w Nav

I have a few questions for you.
    1) Can you please give a break down of the price that you paid and the OTD price

2) How much did you pay as down payment to get the 0% financing? I heard we never get 0% with hondas or toyotas.

3) Did you get the financing with the dealership (Kay Honda) itself?

Regards.
  • Options
    I asked for quote from 3-4 dealers in seattle. Best price quote was from Renton Honda in renton. He is beating all the prices in Seattle area.

DON"T EVER EVER go to hinshawshonda in Auburn. Those guys are un-professional and don't know how to speak to customer.

My other friends also got good deals on Pilot from Renton honda beating all other dealers.
  • Options
    fusionacidfusionacid Member Posts: 11
    I read in the newspaper that honda finance will give 0% on 2007 models. But they will give 0% on 2008 models if the finance amount is lower than $10,000.
  • Options
    hshoppehshoppe Member Posts: 3
    "i just paid $21500 otd for 08 lx-p sedan. is this a good deal? bought this in southern california. "

I'm looking for an LXP in so.cal area. May I ask which dealership you got this deal from?
  • Options
    podolskipodolski Member Posts: 1
    guys, need your input on the following price quote:

$18,771.00
    635.00 - Destination
    250.00 - Documentation fee
    1,277.64 - taxes (assuming 6.5% tax)
    25.50 - title/registration fee
    -------------
    $20,959.14

is this a good price quote? should one seal the deal with $20,960 OTD price?
  • Options
    Norm Reeves Honda of West Covina. don't deal with manager Henry though. gives too much attitude.
  • Options
    gobears5gobears5 Member Posts: 1
    I got my black on black 2008 Accord Coupe EX-L Auto (4Cyl.) without Navigation for $24,700 + TTL in January at Lute Riley Honda in Richardson, TX. This included splash guard, wheel locks, moonroof visor, trunk tray and pinstripes.

The negotiating went OK -- I was there for a good 4 hours -- although I was a little disappointed that the main guy I dealt with didn't come through on his vow to do his best to get me $26,000 OTD.

I was happy with the deal, though, and I'm extremely happy with the car.

One other note: Before purchasing, I phoned John Eagle Honda to see if they could beat this price. I wish I could remember the salesman's name. He laughed at the price, saying, "We're another $4,000 away from making a deal."

Sure, pal.
  • Options
    Norm Reeves of Cerritos quoted me today LXP Auto for $20900 (incl Destination, before TTL). That comes out to almost $23,000. How did you push down another $1300 or so to get 21,500 OTD? I'll definitely give the West Covina dealer a call!
  • Options
    i was shooting for $20500 OTD to begin with. then the salesman went to speak with the manager, then the manager came back with the offer of $21500 OTD. i told him i'll think about it, then went back 3 days later and bought it. that price was for any LXP and if they didn't have the combination, theyll get it from another dealer for me.
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Just make them show you all the fees up front and include it in their price quotes.
    If they bring up anything new at time to sign papers, just leave. Tell them you will do that up front so they don't even try it.
  • Options
    tbm4530tbm4530 Member Posts: 7
    Should I be paying for a documentation Fee? How much is it? Can I negotiate it off the invoice? How much did others pay? :confuse:
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Add the document fee to the car's price rather than looking at it separately and decide if it's still worth it compared to what you can get at other dealers.
    If a dealer is selling you a car for $19800 and a $200 document fee, then they are really selling it to you for $20000. If another dealer is selling for $19950 + 50 document fee, then it's about the same thing. If a third dealer is selling for $19800 and $50 document fee than that's going to be the cheapest.

However, dealers that charge high document fees are generally very sleazy because they will quote a price not including the document fee early on and when you are ready to sign the papers, they will slip in several hundred dollars of "document fees" at the end that may make the whole deal not worth it anymore. They will count on you being tired of negotiating at that point and will just take the fee.
  • Options
    rkh29rkh29 Member Posts: 9
    What was the quote from Renton Honda and others??
  • Options
    rameshmsrameshms Member Posts: 6
    >> They will count on you being tired of negotiating at that point and will just take the fee.

Any suggestions on how does one deal with this tactic ? Everyone has a finite amount of patience & time. I can't imagine having to go through this after 2 or 4hrs of haggling. I would most probably surrender at this point..
  • Options
    sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    For this last car, I did my neg'ing through the internet and once I got my price, went and test drove the car and signed the papers. Having done the line by line neg before, I decided to go with the OTD cost this time. I figured out what the invoice was, holdback, etc.. did the cost research on the extras and added TTL to come up with my offer. For me, I didn't care what was on each line. The dealers move the figures around so much anyway I let them figure out how to get to my price. If they could not meet my offer, I moved on.
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    OTD is the best way to go. Too many people get caught up in the various "fees" they confuse theirselves.
  • Options
    I was given $26800 (destination price included) + TTL but I asked for price match for $26050 +TTL and he agreed for cars sitting in lot...

PM me for internet sales manager..
  • Options
    nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    hey lambu,
    i'm not that familiar how the forum works as replying back to you without letting everyone see my email address.

Can someone tell me how I can get a hold of lambu without everyone seeing my email address? Any help is much appreciated.
  • Options
    I saw those ad's to. But I believe they are for other models that the Accord
  • Options
    1) Paid 25,500 for an EX-L with rear spoiler andFog Lights added. $1785 tax (7%) $200 Doc fee and whatever the registration was . I think about $150.
    Out the Door $27,300

2) I only financed 10K. I had no trade in.

3) Financing was with the dealer

Hope this helps....
  • Options
    parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    I am not sure about all the trims, but if you can find a V6 EXL (w/out navi) you should be able to get it for around $23500. My understanding is that there is not much more discount on those as they are most definitely "old" lots not having dealer holdbacks
  • Options
    Checked out the deal at Norm Reeves West covina (So.Cal) yesterday for LXP Auto. They agreed to $21,500 OTD deal but mentioned that I MUST buy their anti-theft system for ~$1,500, and said that that's the only way the deal "makes sense."
    Whatever.

Norm Reeves Cerritos called me back and said they "may" do $20,820 + TTL but I had to pay $295 extra for the protection pack (Wheel-lock, Mudguard, Trunk tray) and I have to bring in a WRITTEN quote from another dealer for $20,820. Right.

I decided to take the deal at DCH Gardena Honda. Spoke to their Internet Sales manager over the phone, agreed on $20,820, which included the above mentioned prot package, and he had the color I wanted on the lot. Walked in, and everything he said was true to exact dollar and zero hassles. Paid 8.25% local tax and $55 doc fee, $200 DMV, and like $8 for state tax and I was out the door. 6 miles on the odometer, manufactured in 01/08. Lovin the car and I highly recommend the internet sales managers at this dealership.
  • Options
    ursamajor1ursamajor1 Member Posts: 39
    I'm thinking about picking up a new '07 in the next few days, ideally a 4 cylinder manual. I'm open to anything from an SE (not a VP or LX) up to an EX-L, depending on the kind of deal I can get. I realize there aren't many of these left, does anybody have a sense of the discounts they're going for right now?
  • Options
    parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    It is suggested that you put your email address in your profile. I don't think that would prevent other forum readers from seeing your email address but it would be only limited to those who actively check your profile to see it. The reason is that if you put it within your post then the spammers will get a hold of it too unless you are creative in writing it!
  • Options
    joakesterjoakester Member Posts: 2
    Hey all. First off, this forum is great. Lots of fantastic information. I'm finally ready to try and purchase an 08 Accord Coupe this weekend in the Los Angeles area. Grey/Beige EX-L V-6 Man., no Nav. As this is gonna be a lot of money for me, I only want exactly that car. Which leads me to my question: Has anyone had any experience just ordering a specific car and waiting? I have a few months left on my lease, so it's ok for me to hang out for it to arrive, and I (maybe naively) am assuming I could get a better deal if the dealership orders a car they know I'm going to buy.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Also, in the LA area, has anyone had any good/bad experience with any the Honda dealerships around?

Thanks in advance for any info/advice.
  • Options
    ksigler2ksigler2 Member Posts: 2
    Hello. After spending the last 2 days doing the fax technique, I got my best price and bought the mystic green Accord tonight. I paid $25,165 for the car (including wheel locks and floor mats). My virginia OTD was exactly $26,300. By my math, the $25,165 was $886 below invoice (edmunds has it at $25,416+635). I feel like I got a good deal on this but if anyone has an opinion, I would like to hear it.

Also, for people that care, the salesman offered the extended warrany with 0 deductable and 8 years 100k @ $2250. I refused and he offered it to me for $2100. So take that for what it is worth.

One last thing, this is my first new car I have bought. The car had 170 miles on it. I was kind of expecting it closer to 0 than that. I balked at that and the salesman looked at me funny and says that is a low number. I believed him and moved on. Was the 170 miles no big deal?
  • Options
    ursamajor1ursamajor1 Member Posts: 39
    Thanks, Parviz. I'm looking throughout the western US and manual transmission '07's are few and far between, especially the EX-L V6's. It might be worth getting one of those as it would be the last of the MT V6 Accord sedans ever, and it would be absent the VCM. For mileage reasons, I've been looking at MT 4 cylinders, and there seem to be a few more of those available. Were you referring to a MT in your example? If so, that's $1100 under invoice. If the same relationship held true in an MT EX-L 4 cylinder, I'd be looking at $20,500. That would work for me.
  • Options
    Ksigler2,

Jesus ! 170 miles to an Accord is a very tiny deal. You got a very big deal with a best price. You reap all benefits of the U.S. economy in recession and the car industry has been struggling to sell their cars below invoices. Congrats!
  • Options
    sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    Is this a 2 Dr or 4 Dr? Just for comparsions I bought a 4Dr EXL V6 W/O Nav back in early Jan for 27500 OTD (I live in Northern VA). I did the email bids and worked it that way. If this is a 4 Dr, then prices have come down $1200 in less than 2 months. I'm not sure what to make of that? Anyway, I'd say you got better than a good deal, it's bordering on theft compared to mine :) I am curious if you did financing, and if so, did you go through Honda and what kind of % rate did they give you?
  • Options
    jrkflajrkfla Member Posts: 21
    anyone have a pricing target before tax tags?? Assuming I should be able to get at least invoice on either.

what is a reasonable doc fee?

had one in tampa at 100$ over invoice but dealer wanted 650 for doc fees so i walked.

trying to do this by Friday pm, so any comments greatly appreciated. thank you!!