Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    It's is awesome deal..dealer sold the car $100 less than invoice without dest. charge.

I bought EX-L V4 with nav last week then went home & saw two minor dent+scratches inside the driver door (where the glass ends). I went back to dealer & return the car. I asked them to give me replacement car (same trim) they didn't have any on the lot...so right now I'm waiting..but it's good I test drove car 50 miles and then returned it:)

Right now I'm in between should I get V4 or V6 with Nav? My earlier price was OTD 29724 (got on invoice 26050 +725 backup camera+Tax 9.2% in Seattle+160 Title+50 Doc. fees+152 all season mat)

The price you got is pretty good. I just checked Garden state inventory online. They have so many cars in stocks. I wish I were in NJ:)

Thanks again & congrats on your new CAR!!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    No V-4's unlss it's a 1970's Saab.
  • leveelevee Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to get an opinion on a $25999 OTD quote for EX V6

Price: $24350
    Tax: $1521
    TTL: $128
    OTD : $25999

Fair price?
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    That is a good price. The V6's with Navi are hard to find and you hardly find any in the lots here in northern Ca. I don't think that just one good quote (that did not materialize to confirm) sets the trend.
    That seems a bit high. You should be able to get it around the invoice +/-, check Edmunds new car for invoice plus destination and work with that number.
  • kwarnoldkwarnold Member Posts: 41
    I thought I would share this with the group. Looking at the EX-L V6 with NAV. Emailed all of the dealers in Columbus, OH. Got an "internet quote" of approximately $28,200 (rounded up a few dollars) from one dealer. That sounds pretty good based on what I am reading here.

Just thought I would share that with the group as another data point for everyone.

I would be interested in what others are seeing as their best offer/deal on a non-NAV EX-L V6.

Thanks and enjoy your cars!
    Keith
  • holewholew Member Posts: 71
    You should be able to get the car at least at dealer invoice price. The dealer will still be making about a 2% or more profit. I got my 2008 EX-L V6 WITHOUT GPS for $25615 plus transport of $630 I think. This was on DEC 27 2008.

This was an INTERNET price. About a month ago the same dealer sent me an E-Mail that they would deduct another $500 from previously given INTERNET prices on cars in stock. Your car might not be in stock.

Three other dealers who responded to my initial INTERNET inquiry played games once I arrived at the dealership.

With the economy being bad and gas prices going through the roof I'll bet you can get your vehicle at dealer invoice or less. Wait and see if another dealer comes through with a lower price.

If you have you heart set on a built in GPS go for it but I think it should only add about $1500 to $1800 to the price I got of $25615.
  • buy_hondabuy_honda Member Posts: 6
    This discussion is very help to decide a reasonable purchase price.
    I just send out 3 emails for the quote, and I belive the first email from one of the dealer is already very good. Before I go out and buy it, could anyone confirm this is about the lowest price?

He offered $23,712.98 with any accessories additional. (invoive price is $24,063). Of couse I need to pay registration and tax.
    And how to negotiate the accessory price? edmunds.com do not list the option price. Is there a good website we can check the option price?
    I am assuming that includes the destination fee. In that case it is about $150 over invoice, per Edmunds and I think it is a good price. Of course, I think you have at least $150 worth of play room.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Non-NAV EX-L V6 and more so recently with NAV V6 can be had at or below invoice depending upon your locale. NAV V6 Coupes are a bit higher than invoice sometimes at invoice.
    Remember that invoice really does nto mean much at all.....what matters is the OTD price.
  • jrkflajrkfla Member Posts: 21
    got a price on a 4cyl EX-L for 300 less invoice but dealer wants 600 doc fee? what is the rations OTD price for this car, before tax and tag and state fees??

thanks
  • guru919guru919 Member Posts: 3
    Haven't visited this dealer yet (so a small chance it is BS), but I got an email quote of:
    $ 25,595.00 (vehicle, destination, etc)
    $ 1535.10 (6% tax)
    $ 50.00 (If dade county tax implicable)
    $ 160.00 (Refundable transfer tag)
    -----------------
    $ 27,340.10

It seems to me like this is low (edmunds shows the invoice include dest at $26,051). Verified NO DEALER FEES. Any feedback?
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    Gosh -- and I thought dealerships could steal vehicles from one another . . . . . . .

You obviously know better than I do -- since you sell Hondas. However, I am certain that my dealership indicated that Honda America, or whoever is responsible for allocating and distributing just-off-the-assembly-line Accords, will reallocate a Honda to any requesting dealership upon proof that the requesting dealership has an actual buyer. They told me that proof of my $500 deposit and my signed agreement to purchase the vehicle was all they needed to guaranty that the vehicle would be reallocated to my dealership.

Was this not true?
    Great price, make sure beforehand that there are no hidden fees or gimmicks when you get there (color, mileage, any dints, etc.) Just email or call and get confirmation before you go there. It is a very good price, below invoice, but it is not too good to be true. It can be had. Good luck.
    The Navi equipped ones are still harder to find (per several dealers).

I have read you and others debates over the OTD price vs. not and don't want to reopen it. I myself subscribe to something in between, that is total price plus TTL (total price meaning selling price+destination+all add-ons+all dealer fees). I think This is the most reasonable way of comparing apples to apples since taxes and DMV fees differ county by county, etc.
    Of course this wasn't true!

There are some super secret code numbers that only the incoming dealer knows. If he gives his permission AND those code numbers to another dealer who wants that car, only then would the car get redirected.

Just thinkabout the trouble this would cause between stores!
  • ineedahondaineedahonda Member Posts: 8
    Hers is what I paid for my 2008 Honda Accord EX-L / No Navigation.
    Black 4 door with Black Leather. I paid $24,660.00 OTD not including tax. Including. Pin Stripes, Mud Flaps, and Trunk Tray. I also recieved a $500.00 service department credit, to use towards anything I want. I had the windows tinted by the dealer for $200. I also got free unlimited car wash's during business hours. Sticker price was $26,992.00.
    Dave Mungenast Honda. AKA St Louis Honda
  • audioslaveryaudioslavery Member Posts: 7
    What are some good prices to shoot for on a EX-L I4 and EX-L V6

I want the V6, but I'm not sure how much more the V6 will cost me on the coupe.

thanks
  • gerrygerrygerrygerry Member Posts: 22
    My first quote form the internet guy at Mahwah Honda here in NJ was $25,675 which seems to be at invoice.

Now its time to get serious and down to business!!!!

G-Man
  • gerrygerrygerrygerry Member Posts: 22
    Does anyone have one I can use?????????!!!!!!!!!
  • lucky620lucky620 Member Posts: 26
    I found that Paul Miller/Essex Honda came in with the lowest internet quote and was helpful in my negotiations, (in person), leading to me buying my 08 V6 w/Navi, auto coupe last week at Garden State Honda, (Rt 3 West, Clifton, NJ) for $27,300, no dest. charge, only after charge was the NJ Tax, (around $1900), $299. dealer doc fee, $255 NJ DMV, plates and Reg.

I found that Hudson Honda was above sticker on an internet quote, DCH Honda in Paramus was $28530 + $635 destination, $199 Doc fees, NJ Tax, NJ DMV fees.

Ended up at Garden State for purchase mostly because of the salesman and closeness to home. Route 23 Honda, (found them to be a pleasant experience and willing to work with me), almost had the deal but Garden State beat them by $200 plus threw in 1/2 price on Honda Factory Remote Starter.

The advantage of the online prices is that you have something on paper to work with if you are going to enter face to face negotiations. I backed up my online quotes with phone calls to those dealers to see if they were true quotes.

PS: if you are considering the extended warranty you can get them online from a couple different Honda dealers for almost 1/2 price. I got a 72/120 0 deductible for $815 from Bernardiwarrany.com. Reportedly this is coming to an end at the end of the month when Honda stops all dealers from selling online.
    Just curious..What they cover in extended warranty? Is this something useful. I have AAA membership.

btw I'm going tomorrow to pickup V4 EX-L with Navi..
    A ton of people say it is not worth getting but I look at it as if I am keeping the car for a long time and with all of the computer, wirings, and gadgets, ie; navi, I would like to be safe. After all I pay for my life insurance every month hope that I don't have to use it!!!!!!!!!!!
    1st 3 year are covered by Honda for the same stuff....Right?
  • danesidanesi Member Posts: 11
    Last week in February paid $23250 incl destination charges at Boch Honda in Norwood Ma for exl 4cyl with auto wo nav. Even better, rec'd $18250 trade in on 2005 Odyssey exl with 47000 miles.

This is my third Honda from Boch. If you do your homework, and go prepared, it results in an honest deal.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    The extended warranty isn't really comparable to life insurance.
    They more aware of the risk the "computer, wirings, and gadgets," failing during the window of time before the Hondacare expires, yet also after the factory warranty expires than you are, so you are not outsmarting them by buying an extended warranty.

However, if you are buying an extended warranty because it makes you feel better, rather than as an "investment" that you expect to come out ahead on, then you should at least pay as little as possible so you minimize how much money is being thrown away.
  • gmitch7gmitch7 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks to this forum I was much better prepared to negotiate with the dealer. After requesting "Internet Quotes" (Few quotes mostly stock emails saying we have cars come in and talk ;) ) I went and talked to three dealers (Including one with the Costco plan) Closed the deal at Rusty Wallis Honda Dallas (Shilo at I635). Great people, more up front/honest than most that I have dealt with. Although they add a claimed $150 Metroplex Dealers Association Fee (Edmounds makes no mention of this fee.) Details = Diamond Pearl White Accord EXL V-6 including Dest, $26,501 plus $200 for what they said was $1200 worth of adds (Trunk Mat, Pin stripe, Wheel locks, Door edge guards, Mud Flaps) Total sale price $26,701 + 1907 TTL = Total Out Door $28608. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks!
    The factory warranty that comes with the car is good. Good luck and enjoy the car!
  • jwendlerjwendler Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote from the internet guys at VIP honda on Route 22 in North Plainfield of $24,854 for the EX -L no navi + 269 doc fee, 635 dest and 7.50 for tire charge.

I am going to see if I can get the price of doc fee lower and price of car lower.
    Is this a good price. Its below Consumer Reports price for the car or Edmonds.
  • jrkflajrkfla Member Posts: 21
    you should be able to do better, i got 24.0 offer and did not even negotiate. I think invoice is 23.7. doc fee is rational, many are trying to charge 600$. plenty of dealers in NY metro area
    Edmunds.com states that a doc fee of over $100 is basically an attempt by the dealer to get the money they are giving you on the deal back.

I would try to get them to lower the doc fee
    I just counter offered at 24,500 with doc fee of $180. CR stated that the invoice price was $25,541 + destination of $635 for a total invoice of 26,176

They then deducted $842 for the dealer holdback to get a CR Bottomline price of $25,334

I have asked for $25,315

So should I go lower you think or is it too late
  • billtetzbilltetz Member Posts: 7
    According to Edmunds the invoice on an EX-L V6 w/ no Nav is $26,051, including the $635 destination fee. Are you perhaps talking about the 4 cylinder? I might be willing to drive from FL to NY for the kind of deal you describe for an EX-L V6!
  • billtetzbilltetz Member Posts: 7
    jwendler: I don't know if its too late, but I do think you'd be getting the EX-L V6 no Nav at a darn good price at $25,315. I believe even your earlier quote totaling $25,766 is better than most on this site. Somebody posted a while back from Washington, D.C. saying he or she got the car for somewhere under $25,500, & I have made a small down payment to hold a car to be manufactured & delivered later this month for $25,113 ($25,412 with the dealer fee).
    I'd pull the trigger on this deal.
    Unless it is an old lot (sitting there for about 3 mos.) there is no sane reason for the dealer to give up his holdback just to sell you a car. You can check that from the manufacture date stamped on the door . Otherwise, at or below the invoice would be the most likely best quote you'll get and indeed a decent price.
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    If that price is for a 4Dr EXLV6 no Nav then that is a steal and I would go buy it right now. Just make sure that don't try to add on the accessories like mud flaps, etc.. to get some of the money back.
  • wgorillawgorilla Member Posts: 20
    gmitch, thanks for the info. I'm in the Dallas area. Is that without Nav? I'm assuming so. My wife wants the Diamond Pearl White, also. One person I've been exchanging e-mails with at John Eagle is trying to tell me that color has a premium of an extra $1500 associated with it. Yeah, sure whatever. heh heh
    So today was the lucky day..I was going to Bellingham to pickup my car (90 miles north) then Renton honda called me when I was on the freeway just to take exit for Bellingham. He told me color I was looking for is actually here (was waiting for 2 weeks). I took exit for Renton Honda immediately.

Inspected the car date on the door 02/08. Miles 5. Color silver with gray with Nav. have already splash guard & wheel locks.

I said I have quotes of $500 less of invoice & one email of $300 less than invoice. Got approval from his manager & agreed for $300 LT invoice immediately..No BS..No Games.

Price of car $25750 (Including dest) + Title/lic. $214 + Tax 9.2% in King county WA.

I purchased all season mats & trunk tray for $301..I know it's little higher than online price but if I add this to car price it brings to $26051 (invoice price of car that includes 4 accessories). I was happy because all dealers I talked to giving me invoice price NO accessories. I think its good deal & I'm happy with car.

Just for WA state potential buyers..here are the review of WA dealers I dealt with in the past 2-3 weeks.

1. Hinshaw honda in Auburn..they are rude, arrogrant & AH people. wasted my entire day. after make me wait for 2 hrs..Rob Preston - new car sales manager said his best price is on the sticker & can't match any price..BS..I asked him why don't he take sticker __ & start licking it and I walked away.

2. Bellevue honda in Bellevue. They did show the attitude while price matching but was agreed to match price with Trunk tray for add. $100 dollar. I took the delivery of car but having two dents+scratches inside the driver door. Call my bank to stop the payment & return the car after two hours...I said Honda can't ship the car with these dents without passing the QA checks.

Renton Honda..No games, very nice people. In the end, they were asking for my SSN number, I was paying with check. Talked to their GM (very nice guy, he wan't rude like other dealership in WA) & he did talked to his finance team & boom deal done.

I have seen good review of Renton Honda inside my company forum ( I worked for large company in northwest) but today I witness that good service.
  • personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    Are there colors that dealers seem to be more willing to offer at great deals? For instance, I've noticed our little local dealership (Alan Vester Honda, Roanoke Rapids, NC pop. 16,000) has two White Diamond Pearl V6es (one having been on the lot for at least 2 months) and another small dealership about an hour away has 3 of the same! Is the WDP proving to be an unpopular color (personally, I like it) :confuse: ?
  • hondalegendhondalegend Member Posts: 12
    I made a deal but I have question.

I tried to get loan but I have financial problem so I decided not to buy any car.

but the problem is I signed for purchased document and deposit 250bucks

I dont mind to waste 250bucks since it's not refundable

but im seriously wondering if I dont purchase the accord, I would get any serious problem or be in really big troble..

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    If you haven't taken delivery, you have nothing to worry about...

If you can't get a loan, call them back and tell them.. and ask for your deposit.. Chances are they will cut you a check for it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gmitch7gmitch7 Member Posts: 8
    Hi,
    That's without NAV ! I will tell you that I went to John Eagle before buying, We weren't able to make a deal. I was there last week when we were having the icing weather. Not many people shopping that day, still when I made them almost the same offer offer that Wallis took they started playing games. They were even logged on to Edmunds.com to show me that my offer was below the Edmunds TMV (funny if Edmunds works to their advantage they want to use, if not, they want to discredit it). They didn't know their product, they didn't even know their "Dealer Adds". Did not have good feeling when I left. In my opinion, Wallis was more knowledgeable, and more honest. Wherever you buy, make sure you drive the specific car that you want to buy at highway speeds for some distance to evaluate the VCM as it is on that car. Anyone can get a good deal, if they do their homework, and stick to their guns. It is ok to low ball it because the dealers are conditioned to ask for more $ no matter how fair your offer is. If you offered them full retail they would still try to squeeze a few more dollars out of you ( a dealer selling 200 cars a month, if he can get a extra $200 per deal will make an extra $40,000)
    When you are ready to buy, my advice go in the afternoon (gives you plenty of time to drive the car, and the salesman don't have a lot of customers because people are at work), ideally go near the end of the month or at least at the end of the week (I know that salesman say that time of month does not matter, but they absolutely will take a deal at the end of the month that they might pass on at the first of the month, after all they do have sales goals and incentives allotment issues. Remember that the TMV is more of an average and that some people buy for less than that. "Dealer adds are highly negotiable, on some deals they just eat all of those cost. In true cost they are marked up 400%, it would not be unfair to divide what they say is the total cost of all the adds by 4 and only give them that amount for the "adds". To your point about Diamond Pearl being a premium, thats not true! You can see the inventory online for most of the DFW Honda dealers, and they all have lots of Accords and they all have several Diamond Pearl cars. John Eagle was making up an excuse to charge you more. After saying all that about shopping for a car, I gotta tell you, I luv the car. Nice looking outside, luxurious inside, great handling. I could not be happier with it!
  • googoolygoogooly Member Posts: 5
    Hey Everyone,
    I'm in Irvine, OC, California. I wanna finance the 08 Accord sedan V6 with Nav system. I need your help, I'm pretty good in negotiating but i want to know what's a good price I should try to get it for. all comments and recommendations are welcomed as far as extras i should go for. I know the car really well and I used to own an accord but I wanna see how flexible these guyz are and how much I can get for minimum money spent. we all Know it's tough times so I wanna be able to save as much as Possible. so help me out...
    thanks Guyz

Cheers
    I'm curious...that's all.

If times are, indeed, so tough and you want to save as much as possible, do you REALLY have to have a V-6, with NAVI no less?
  • henrychinaskihenrychinaski Member Posts: 12
    $27,338

the price i got via internet quote when using five dealerships against each other via email. this is still including the destination fee, so assuming i can get them to waive that, i would be looking at around 26,700. we'll see what happens, the price is already pretty low.
    Why would they waive the destination fee?

Honda certainly doesn't waive it for us! :confuse:
  • henrychinaskihenrychinaski Member Posts: 12
    that may be a very good question. i assumed based on previous posts wherein people had said they were able to negotiate the destination fee being waived, i assumed that was a possibility at the very least. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong in thinking that. it would be better to know going in that the destination fee is not negotiable. whats the consensus? (not that i don't trust you isellhondas, but your nick is isellhondas. perhaps just my typical distrust of car salespeople. sorry).
  • stevenq99stevenq99 Member Posts: 36
    Edmunds shows the invoice on that car as 27,404 without destination so your price looks good already. I doubt there is much more wiggle room left.
    There are some fees that are passed on to the buyer and the destination fee is such a fee. The manufacturer (any brand) charges the dealer to get the car to them and the dealer in turn charges the buyer. I have not seen any one not pay it. You may see one or two posts here that say that but my guess is that either they are making a mistake or they were led to believe so and paid for it somehow (trade value, doc fee, etc.).
  • musicislifemusicislife Member Posts: 16
    A week or so after I bought my Accord, Honda called to survey me about my buying experience. When I bought the car, both the salesman and the dealership owner practically begged me to give them high marks on this upcoming survey.
    The choices in the survey were from one to five. I'm thinking that only if everything was perfect would I give them a five. When I answered the woman's questions, she asked me why I wasn't giving them fives. I said I'm a tough grader and that a five means perfect. Do they really expect you to give them a five on the entire buying experience? Buying a new a car (at least to me) was a stressful experience. It certainly wasn't perfect. I gave the salesman fairly high marks and gave the fact that the interior of the car was in perfect condition a five (the exterior wasn't wiped down properly however). But those were the only fives I gave.
    About two weeks later I received an internet survey from Honda that had a lot of the same questions, so I answered them the same way. When it came to the 'additional comments' at the end, I wrote that I really wished they would survey me about the car itself instead of the buying experience. I want them to know what I think about the car, not the dealership.
    I went back into the dealership this week to get a free tank of gas (because I had to go back to them the day after I bought the car to pick up my registration, which they failed to give to me) and the salesman said that I 'hammered them' on the survey.
    So my question to all of you who recently bought a new Accord, did you give your dealership all or nearly all fives?