Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jrkflajrkfla Member Posts: 21
    crazy. had same thing at BMW, they begged me to give them all a 5, that their job depended on it. I told him a 5 would be given if they charged reasonable prices, they dont, if they gave me a loaner car, they didnt. the guy insinuated that i did not want to be known as someone who gave them bad marks as all of service dept gets a bonus on that at end of year. so i asked him did he think i would give him a 5 for threatening me?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Destination charges apply to every car sold. Why would they be negotiable?

You can trust me or not but you WILL pay a destination charge on every new car you buy just like I do.
    Surveys are very important to us.

I have always maintained some of the highest scores in our store and I don't "beg" anyone. I try to provide the sort of service that earns top scores.

But once in awhile I'll get a bad one. ALWAYS from the people who made the transaction a miserable one. The people who grind for tha last possible dollar are the same people who will burn us on a survey.

This doesn't happen often but when it does, I am done with that customer. I don't care if I ever see them again.
  • lucky620lucky620 Member Posts: 26
    I posted last week that I bought a 08 V6 w/Navi-auto coupe for $27,300 and the dealer waived the destination charges. I don't believe that this was done, they cut the money from some other "holdback" area. Truth of the matter is who cares what the dealership BS's you with as long as the money gets cut. The guy could tell me he put the money out of his out of his own pocket for all I care as long as the final cost is what it is. No I don't think Honda waives the destination charge nor do I believe everything a sales person or dealer says, cost is the bottom line, they are there to make money and we are there to save money. It is best when both walk away happy!
    For anyone looking out there for financing; AAA Motor Club has 4.39 to members.
  • jkgreer2jkgreer2 Member Posts: 42
    Yes, I give Honda dealers all 5s, or 99% all 5s, when I purchase. I typically do not do business with a Honda dealer that has not won the national 5 star award (or whatever the award is named). I shop other Honda dealers for a test drive, but when an internet sales person or sales manager starts the BS, I quit, leave, and go back to either West Side Honda, Knoxville, or Airport Honda, Maryville, TN. If you are in that region, go visit either or both. They are 5 star dealerships from my experiences of purchasing 7 Honda cars in the last eight years. I start at Invoice, and go down in price, or I walk. When they and I are $100 or $200 apart, one of us gives in, and I drive away as a satisfied customer, and that Dealer deserves 5s.
    One way or another, the destination fee was charged and paid.

That was my only point.
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    When I answered the woman's questions, she asked me why I wasn't giving them fives.

Sounds like this woman was an employee of the dealer.

Doesn't seem to make sense that the Honda people would first call you up for verbal scores and then later send a written questionaire.
    jkgreer,

interesting, how do you handle the documentation fee issue? most are trying to charge $600 in florida. what do you do with that?

thanks very much
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    But once in awhile I'll get a bad one. ALWAYS from the people who made the transaction a miserable one. The people who grind for that last possible dollar are the same people who will burn us on a survey. This doesn't happen often but when it does, I am done with that customer. I don't care if I ever see them again.

Wow ------- Why shouldn't a customer negotiate for that last dollar????? If they are courteous, respectful and fair, I think a customer has every right to fully negotiate the price. It amazes me ---- salesman get special training and are experienced negotiators. Why, then, does it piss them off when they have to deal with someone willing to play the same game?

You seem to be dissatisfied with a system that your own industry created. The industry depends on uninformed customers for its profits and breeds contempt toward customers who can exercise the skill and knowledge necessary to get to the bottom line. No dealership sells cars at a true loss. Whether its a break-even deal or a deal that provides some benefit on the back-side, dealerships don't exercise charity. Now, to the extent you, as a salesman, get hurt by a deal, or spend time on a sale that nets you nothing, that's a problem with the terms of your employment -- its a problem with an industry that doesn't treat its employees fairly --- it is NOT a problem with the customer.

I think I'd better stop there . . . . :mad:
  • bdagolferbdagolfer Member Posts: 5
    I haven't seen too many Canadian postings here, so I figured I'd put my info here as a guide.

I bought my coupe on Wednesday from Oakville Honda. The MSRP including all fees/taxes is CD$45K - I got mine for CD$39K (which included the Honda $3K purchase incentive). They were asking $41,600 initially, but I had received a quote from another dealer (Lakeshore Honda) for the $39K, so they agreed to match it.

I have to go back in the morning to finish the paperwork (we ran out of time Wednesday evening), and then just have to wait for the dealer to locate the car in San Marino Red (they only had Black & Silver on the lot). Good guys to deal with, our salesman was very honest and open as to what he could do, and if some accessories were worth it etc.

I'm really looking forward to driving my new car, but I don't mind waiting a few weeks for the snow to melt :D

Alan
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    With that type of typical sales attitude makes you wonder if he really talked with his "managers" about issues raised in some of the other forums her...
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Well this is going to sound harsh to salesmen, but it is not my problem you chose to work in a business that depends on me to provide to your income. Not my problem that your on commission and your establishment is run in that type of setting. Now I do not expect for you to make $0, but I am not going to be like, I want to make sure you make some money off of this, your poor family needs food. Here you go. I'll take a hit for you. NOPE. Not my problem. No one is forcing you to work there, and your frustrations from making a commission should not be taken out on me, remember is it not my problem. Also, don't act all arrogant, because I know how to play the game too, and some of us are very informed. Also, as a customer, I am able to take as long as I want to make a deal or inquire about a deal, again not my obligation to, I better do this now, because you need a quick buck from me, or your needing sale.

Like I said, this does sound a bit harsh, but I think we all have been butchered by a salesmen or dealership, and what goes around comes around. Is it worth to let me walk out the door, because of your attitude, that is not my problem, and dealerships have to remember that. As a customer, that is not our problem, if you can set that aside, then its all good, you'll get some $$, and I'll walk away happy too, but the problem is, the dealerships show it too much. Desperation? Be happy, treat us right, and its all good. Some are not cut out for the front lines.

If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!!

Sorry if this all sounds harsh, but I believe it all has truth to it.
    With that type of typical sales attitude makes you wonder if he really talked with his "managers" about issues raised in some of the other forums her...

That may or may not be true -- but I certainly did not mean to imply that by my post.
  • jkgreer2jkgreer2 Member Posts: 42
    JRKFLA: I tell internet salesperson that I pay up to $99 for doc. fee (they do all the license plate transfer, etc.), but no exterior paint coating (dealer markup), no interior cloth/leather treatment (dealer markup), no mud flaps, no pin strips, no trunk tray (always cheaper aftermarket). If they want to modify their ' sales form' to lower to my offered price, in order to balance out their $199 or $299 or ??? doc. fee, fine. They meet my price or I walk. How many Honda dealers are out there, 500? At least a few are hungry to sell a car on the last day of month, which is the only time that I make an offer, by about 4 pm, hoping paperwork will finish by 7 pm. Good luck with your offer to purchase whatever car. There are other buyers who pay close to retail/MSRP. The profit to dealer is the Hold Back, and the chance for more cars alloted to dealer, and more chances for profit with more cars to sell.
    thanks, on a EXL, i am already at invoice, how low can i gget below that?
  • googoolygoogooly Member Posts: 5
    haha... well they are not that bad.... but i totally agree wtih u.. it's just if I'm buying a brand new car might as well get that extra option that I won't regret 6 months later. the different in payment would be extra 40-60/m which I can afford.. hopefully! :D
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I have a portable nav that has traffic service and I would have a hard time spending so much for factory nav that doesn't have traffic service.
    I use traffic much more often than I would ever use the Zagat guide.
    You have to get a TL or 2009 TSX to get traffic since the 2008 Accord doesn't have it.
    If the 2009 Accord nav has traffic this fall, I would be a bit more tempted.

If you spend so much money on the factory nav, you should not have to give up any feature available on a portable nav you can buy for under $400.
  • googoolygoogooly Member Posts: 5
    yeah i know what u mean, i got my blackberry for that... with new $100/m sprint unlimited plan, it comes with sprint GPS navigation that checks for traffic as well it's great. the other reason i want the NAV not necessary the navigation, the fact that you can browse through your music Mp3s and apparently your other functions hook up to it as well. so I dont know... i'm gonna go see the dealer tomorrow.. i still not 100% sure..
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    I suspect that most of the sales people in any auto brand are like this. They are in it for the money. Let me see how much I can screw a buyer today, and then go brag to my buddies about how I pulled a fast one on some unsuspecting buyer. I know someone that worked for the finance branch of one of the largest auto manufacturers (I won't say which one but it was domestic). I learned about the finance/dealership system inside and out. I was even lucky enough to go on a "field trip" one day when he had to pull the COA's from a dealership (sales guy should know what that means). The dealerships are sneaky-greedy people. I would suspect that more and more attitudes will show up like this. The internet provides a wealth of information that we the buyers did not have years ago. The sales guy used to have the upper hand but that is changing. It's alot more equal now.
    I see nothing anywhere near 4.39% on the AAA website. Must be just one location if it exists at all.

AAA appears to not do financing at all, but has a deal with Capital One Auto Finance.
    The lowest rate for 60 months came up as 5.69% and I can do much better than that through my credit union.
    I wasn't complaining, just stating facts.

I don't mind one bit a customer who is a tough negiotator. As long as they are friendly and upfront with me, I will enjoy the process and I'll do my best to make sure they do too. Maybe that is why after 12 years, probably a third of my sales are to repeat and referral customers.

It's the people who make the process a miserable one that generally give the worst surveys. I would rather not sell someone a car than have them leave unhappy.
    That makes good sense! In fact, I have bought my last two Accords from the same dealership (unfortunatey, my previous salesman was gone 10 years later . . ).

I mentioned in my post the fact that the buyer also has to be fair and courteous. Internet sales present a bit of a problem in this regard. I have seen several posts on this forum, many months past, which talked about getting one internet quote, reducing the number by several hundred dollars, and then sending it to another dealer to see if they can match it. It may be an effective way to get to the bottom line, but I dont' think its fair!!

Frankly, I think the "no haggle" dealerships probably represent the best balance. Do you agree? I don't like them because my research and negotiation skills allow me to get a better deal than those I have found at no haggle places. But, I would think it would be better for the majority of buyers and a lot of salesman to simply put everything on the table. Frankly, no haggle dealerships would seem to be the best alternative for car manufacturers and/or large dealership chains -- it allows them to operate a bit like a monopoly.

In any event, thanks for not taking offense at my post -- I truly appreciate a good salesman and I think your success with repeat customers indicates your ethical approach!
    No offense taken and thank you for your comments.

The "no haggle" system doesn't work an here is why.

Many, if not the majority will simply take that "no haggle" price, write it down and then shop that number all over town in an attempt to do better.

The "no haggle" store salesperson may have treated the people like royalty, spent hours drving cars and answering questions only to lose a sale over a hundred bucks. Sad but true and just a part of this business.
    If the "no haggle" price is aggressively discounted (like Fitzmall), I wouldn't bother shopping around and dealing with the nasty old-school-sales-tactic dealers to maybe get only a few dollars less after another 4 hours of fighting with them.
    If the "no haggle" price is mediocre at best (like used cars I've seen at CarMax), I would look for better deals elsewhere.

However, for many people, even the CarMax price is better than what they would have got if they were tricked into overpaying a rip-off price at a normal car dealership.

Many people are ripped off every day and end up paying outrageous prices over MSRP or even thousands over Kelly Blue Book Retail on used cars and don't even understand or realize how much they are paying for the car until it's too late and papers are already signed.

There are probably people like that who are still upside down in year 4 of a 5 year loan.
  • sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    Just found out this morning that Honda came out with 2.9% 36 month dealer financing and 3.9% for 48 months or longer on most vehicles. CRV and one other model were excluded.

That should provide some help to buyers who were thinking about a lease but did not want to put $2999 down.

Later
    Well, you wouldn't bother shopping around and I wouldn't either but you have no idea what some people will put themselves through in their zeal to save a few, and I mean a FEW dollars.

I wouldn't have believed it either until I got into this business.
    Are you sure?

They did something like this last month but not now unless it's a regional thing?
  • jjandersjjanders Member Posts: 18
    Yeah, I contacted a couple of local dealers today about this supposed 2.9% financing and they said it does not exist.....maybe a regional thing (I'm in New England)
    On AAA website under Financial and then Car Loans

Link: http://www.corpmsc.com/Splash_Loan.aspx

I'm in New Jersey and it shows 4.39% up to 72 months
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Used cars and service is where the dealers make thier money. I don't even know why they try to make much on new cars where everyone knows what their invoice is. Just sell it at invoice or below and do it quick. You probably wouldn't even need "salesman" for the new car side.
    A couple of years ago I knew a guy that had a 2002 Malibu which was absolutely pristeen and only had 22,000 miles on it. He was meticulous with it. One day at work I saw a new Equinox where his car was usually parked. I asked him if he traded it in and he said yes. I would have bought it from him but didn't know he was thinking of getting something new. I asked him how much he got for it and he said $6000. I looked it up on the dealers website and it was "on special for $12995".
    Now I don't know what they actually got for it but I would say they made more on that car than the last 5-8 new cars they sold.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Can anyone give me a ballpark as to what kind of price I can expect to pay in the Chicago area for an LX-P I4 auto?

Not OTD, just the sale price. I can add in dealer doc fee, tax, plates, etc. No financing needed, I'll pay cash. I will have a trade on this one but will negotiate price of the Accord and then negotiate trade in price. I just want to know what I can expect. From what I've read it appear invoice or a few hundred less may be ballpark.

Thanks.
  • badtrannybadtranny Member Posts: 33
    Either Bug4, or Isellhondas, or somebody else with true pricing knowledge please answer.

I am not sure if I should go with an Accord Lxp four cyl auto, or move up into the Ex..

All I really need is n the LxP model (rims, alarm, and pwer seat?? major niceties),

What is a good price to pay in CT for one of these cars??? I need to move on this soon as I am getting hammered about not buying one sooner...

What is the true dealer cost on this 2008 Accord? What is the safe (fair) profit to leave the dealer with??

Regards
  • sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    Yes, I had three dealers in the Denver area e-mail me with the new loan percentages. Even with the 2.9% and the 3.9% the payments with $3,000 down will be in the mid-400's to 500 for an EX-L.

Brad
    Apparently, that program is only for AAA members in certain areas (such as New Jersey).
    The loan is not through AAA itself. AAA must have deals with different lenders in different areas.

In my area, I get Capitol One Auto Financing as the one with an AAA deal, at it isn't a very good finance rate.
  • henrychinaskihenrychinaski Member Posts: 12
    the chicagoland dealers have 2.9 for 36 and 3.9 for 48, but there is no indication on the sites i've seen as to whether the 3.9 extends to 60 month financing.
  • igbigb Member Posts: 1
    Received this from a dealer in Michigan today:

"EXTRA LOW Financing Just Announced Today!
    (All Accords, Civics, Odyssey, Pilot, Ridgeline, and S2000 models)
    Expires March 24th

2.9% Financing up to 36 months
    OR
    3.9% Financing up to 60 months"
  • cdn2cdn2 Member Posts: 8
    I just paid $23,700 for the EX-L including destination charge.
    Good price?
    I know I didn't do so well on my trade...but felt good about the
    price of the new car.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Actually the no haggle system can work in certain area's, depends on the ownership's operating philosophy. Will you always get the lowest price, perhaps not but you don't have to jump through hoops to get a price either. As you've stated before the market where you live drives the price and I'm betting those one price dealerships know what their competitor's are charging for their vehicles.
  • donkeypunch1donkeypunch1 Member Posts: 119
    Try this: Proven to work with Honda on Odysseys. Give it a shot on accords.
    1. Go to Honda.com website and click on "find dealer" (DON'T use the request quote button).
    2. At that point, select "request a quote" next to each dealer after you have list of dealers.
    3. Fill out your info. don't put a phone number down, you call them if you want...they don't call you.
    Ask for the following:
    - Obviously request model your looking for in dropdown.
    - In "comments" section put something to the effect:
    Would like an OTD (out the door) quotation on Whatever Accord Model. Please itemize charges: Base Price, destination and document fee; only extras should be tax, title license. If Honda is offering an incentive on Accords (or dealer cash) tell them you understand there's an incentive and you'd appreciate them putting their best foot forward, incentive factored in. Additionally, please include the color selection that you have available. I'm checking with several dealers in the area and will be purchasing shortly, so your promptness and bottom line is appreciated.
    Don't give them your phone number, you don't need anyone calling you.
    - Press Send
    4. Go Back to "find dealer" enter your zip and you'll get the same list. select "request quote" by the next dealer and this same form that you initially entered will be available. just press send.
    5. Repeat to at least 8 dealers in your area. If your in a metro area. I'd send to everyone EVEN the closest.
    5 1/2. Go to your credit union, capitalone.com or whomever your comfortable with and get your own financing. You should have a check in your back pocket when you go to buy the car or their going to bend you over. The big players will overnight you a blank check. If your a costco member, check out costco dot com and get the capital one rate there. You should get 5.9 apr for 60 months, which you will use as your fallback. Sometimes honda offers better, but it's in leiu of the incentives. Figure out what works best for you.
    6. Sit back..you're in the drivers seat.
    7. Wait for quotes to come in.
    8. You'll find out who's serious.
    - some will give you HIGH price
    - some won't respond so go to their website and request a quote with same info as above (I found Honda has some deadlinks on their website to dealers) On the day before I was ready to buy, I called the nonresponders and was able to get them in the mix.
    - a few will give you a pretty aggressive price
    - you may end up with a clear cut low ball great price
    9. Forget about the morons that ask you to call them for an appointment (The VIP treatment means getting bent over). On the ones that are really high, if you want reply and tell them they are off by whatever the diff is between them and your lowest price. i.e, "you're off by $2600, if that's your best shot, I'll pass thanks".
    10. Let the few that are low sit a few days and then reply back. Note that you appreciate their offer. That you have a few others that are right there and that you'd like to buy from them. Your making the decision in the next 48-72 hours. (If you can time this for the end of the month, I think that will work in your favor.) Is this your best price? (If you want any accessories, nows the time to ask for them). Alternatively, you can name a price to see if they can get there, personal choice really here. I don't think you have anything to lose by seeing how hard you can push. If they won't hit the lowball price, then ask how low they can go and say you may come back if the lowball dealer doesn't come through. Here's why, my lowball dealer was writing a quote that said on an 08, but only when I called and said I'll be over this afternoon with a check for this amount for an 08 and he affirmed but then called back in 10 minutes to say he meant 07. Make sure again to qualify that Destination should be included and that there should be no dealer extras on the car (ask them to confirm this). Get an itemized out the door price. Base+Desination+Doc, + tax + title + license. Make sure that the documentation/processing fee does not exceed $100. In some states the most they can charge is $59.
    11. Wait for your responses. Hopefully you should have a pretty good price (better than you have from your other guy).
    12. Take the best quote you've got and email it to the internet dept sales person of the dealer closest to you and tell them you'd like to buy local if they can beat it. If they match or beat and have your color choice go buy from them.
    13. If not, go back to the person with best quote and requalify the details? "You have this color in stock and this price includes destination? Only Extra's are Tax, Title License? They reply in writing with a "yes", then call them to once again firm these detials and make an appointment to meet them and drive (and hopefully buy) the car.
    13.5 When you show up prepare for the bait 'n switch or worse but STICK TO YOUR GUNS. HAVE YOUR EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE WITH YOU. I did all of the above plus called on my drive to the dealer and confirmed everything was still true; only to be told that they had only one van and it wasn't the color we had discussed. In addition, it had accessories on it that I did not want. As a result, I threatened to leave (coat on and stood up) and suddenly a van showed up that was what we wanted. Drive the EXACT Car you are buying. Make sure it's the year you want and check the odometer. Make sure you like it, no rattles, etc. Inspect it for scratches, etc. Should be fine, but make sure. You've come this far, don't overlook final details. (After we had agreed to a deal, I got the "it's the salesman's/manager's fault" from the manager/salesman when the other wasn't around.)
    14. Show up with your own financing as noted previously. When you pull the check from your pocket, their going to ask where/what your rate is. If you have good credit tell them you have 5.5% for 60 months. If they ask to see paperwork details on the check, make sure the ONLY thing you show them is the dealer details DO NOT SHOW THEM THE INTEREST RATE...DONT EVEN bring those details with you. It is NONE of their business. If you have good credit (780+, odds are they'll beat the 5.5% and you'll save even more money. Show up without a blank check and try to get 5.4% or lower and odds are it'll never happen.
    14.5 You have a trade-in? Research your price on kbbdotcom and edmunds dot com. If its and older car with high mileage don't expect to much, sell it on craigslist, someone at work, or expect to take your $1500 at the dealer to be done. If you have a car thats actually worth something, again, do your homework. Get a price from carmax (they'll give you 7 days to decide to sell to them or not). At this point tell the dealer you brother inlaw was supposed to buy it but he backed out. They'll give you a lame price, tell them you need $500 over whatever your carmax price is..with the carmax price as your target.(Dont tell them you have carm
  • tbm4530tbm4530 Member Posts: 7
    hey you fellow jersey guys(+girls), what did you pay for your documentation fee? The dealer I might go with wants

The 4 years reg for NJ DMV is $251 plus
    $55 doc fee
    $125 messenger fee
    $9 notary fee
    $10 temp tag
    $5 tire tax
    $204 total
    Grand total $455

I'm trying to get what is the messenger fee, but they are not being very straight with me, Anybody have any thoughts on these costs?
    Those stores could be buying the rate down.

Heck, I could give you zero percent but we would be paying the interest ourselves. Of course this would probably affect the price of the car.
  • lachick24lachick24 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market to buy the `08 Accord and was curious to see what others have paid for it and what deals I can get. I live in Southern California.

• gbg37gbg37 Member Posts: 1
    Well this forum helped me out buying my new Accord so it thought I would give back to the cause. Today my dad and I just got done purchasing a new Accord Sedan EX 5sp MANUAL in Alabaster Silver and Grey interior. Unfortunately the car is a little rare so I'll have to wait 3-5 business day's to get the car. We also took advantage of the 2.9% financing. Paying 2.9% makes a lot of sense when you can keep the rest of the money in a CD for 4~4.5%.

I started by getting internet price quotes from around the area and put them all on a spread sheet end result this is what I got from a dealer in Northern Illinois.

Selling Price including destination 20,996.00
    splash Guards 199.00
    Interior Illumination 254.00
    Total Selling Price 21,449.00

Tax 1,304.63
    License and tile Fee 80.00
    Document Service Fee 150.00
    Out The Door Total 22,258.63

I'm pretty sure that I paid a bit to much for the splash guards and Interior Illumination kit, but I wanted them and we got the car for a pretty good deal. I also got rid of my 95 Probe with 130,000 miles for $800. Once again I probably could have got another 300 out of it but then again maybe not and I don't have to deal with it.

Altogether the salesmen were courteous and professional and it was a very good experience.

Hope this helps

GG
  • audioslaveryaudioslavery Member Posts: 7
    I got an offer for 26,300 + TTL for an Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Should I take it or keep trying around?
    Oh, let me think about that for awhile....

That is a WHOPPING 24.00 over invoice on a hard to keep in stock V-6 Coupe.

Naw, you should probably shop some more.

Man, that must be a miserable market wherever you are!
  • audioslaveryaudioslavery Member Posts: 7
    Most of the dealers around have been offering closer to 27k

the next best i got was 26,433 though

I just emailed the dealer that gave me that price with the 26,300 offer

I'll see what comes up.
    Ok, I'll be serious now...

Why are you doing this to yourself.? Just buy the car!

Something doesn't sound right. These are very popular cars in short supply and I see little reason a dealer would give one away like that.

Are they one of these places that charge a huge doc fee?

Are they going to add destination charge to that number?

If this is for real, the market must be ruined in your area!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Well they arent that popular, because I don't see any on the roads. Honda is going to take a hard hit.
  • guru919guru919 Member Posts: 3
    Just posting for a reference for others. Got the 2008 EX-L V6 sedan (red/tan) for $25500 (incl dest and dealer fee). Added another $300 for tinting and mudguards (probably could have saved a few $$, but not worth my time). Added tax (6% + $50) and $160 for tags. They gave me kbb trade in value +$1000 (so they'll make some money there) but they gave my Highlander a much better rating than I would have -- I would have used fair, but they used good. Went in at 2pm and left at 5pm with the car. Did not finance. Good luck all -- hopefully I'll have 6 years of enjoyable, reliable driving.