Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    EX-L V6 W/NAV EX-L V4 W/NAV EX-L V6 W/NAV EX-L V4 W/NAV
    DEALER GAIN DEALER GAIN

$28,100.00 $696.00

$27,404.00 $-

$25,150.00 $(266.00)

$24,916.00 $(500.00)

$26,165.97 $749.97
  • nnvaluennvalue Member Posts: 4
    I have obtained a great deal of information through this forum and thought to pay back by posting my buying experience:

*2008 Honda Accord
    *EX-L, 4 cyl, w/NAV, coming in w/ splash guard, carpet floor mat, chrome pipe tip, cargo net
    *Black/Ivory, this color combo is very hard to find, particularly with NAV
    *Paid $25,800 + $275 doc fee + tax

I emailed all Honda dealers in Cincinnati and Dayton areas, and most dealers came back with similar price (within $400 range from each other). But the color combination is a tough find. I sealed the deal with Jeff Wyler Honda. Their internet department is quick on response, easy on negotiation and very professional. Their offered price is the lowest in Cincinnati and they allowed me to test drive the car to work for one day. They actually went out of state to locate the specific car for me. Great buying experience. :)
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Actually, that photo is not false advertising. When Honda builds an Accord EX-L with Ivory interior, you get the complete wood-trim kit, including all doors as a standard option. That is the only way they build 'em. However, if you purchase a black or gray interior Accord EX-L, you can get the wood-trim dash kit and steering wheel as an option (http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/accessory-detail.aspx?Accessory=ACCOR- 08153).
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    The user asking about it thought he would end up getting what he saw in the picture but all they had to put in is the accessory trim kit which has no door trim.

Correct, but the picture was not from the accessory photos but rather a photo of a standard EX-L with Ivory leather.
  • yaupon2yaupon2 Member Posts: 18
    Appreciate the recommendation on using a discount Honda parts dealers for these options. Have you used a discount parts dealer that you like doing business with? Thanks in advance.
  • beth_mbeth_m Member Posts: 2
    The lowest price I have been quoted in the Atlanta Area for this car is $22,626 from Milton Martin Honda, including destination charge. There is doc. fee of $599, non-negoitable, I asked.

Most dealersfees are $400 - $600 as I got a quote from every single one. I believe this is a good price, but I just wanted to double check to feel more comfortable. Im getting polished metal and it just arrived on the truck today.

I'm trading in an 04' LX coupe with 64K miles. First they offered $9,000 and I got them to go up to my payoff of $9,861 so I dont owe anything. I was also considering an Altima, but the Nissan dealer would only give me $8,500

Thanks for the help. I hope to get the paperwork done tomorrow and pickup on Saturday.
  • tudiutudiu Member Posts: 27
    I got a quote on 03/25/08 from my local Honda Dealer in Pittsburgh PA. . 2008 Accord, EXL I4 sedan, auto for $23386 + tax& fees. I walked away because I did not like the saleman. I had my sister with me and she purchased an 08 Pilot EXL for $27,517 with 3.29% for 36 months. + tax & fee. I requested the dealer throw in the deal with a free Rear Mud Guards. and the saleman shaked our hands agreed and closed the deal. After few minutes into the paper work..he said he just got a signal from the owner that the deal can not be done, they can not include the mud guards. I was very upset almost walked out the dealer. But we spent 2 hrs already and did not want to argue with the saleman. SO I told him that just close the deal, but I am not happy with his professionalism. After my sister's deal was over, and the saleman came to me said: I have good offer for your Accord EXL sedan, it is $23386. I said I am not very happy with the way you handle the previous deal with my sister and I dont want to purchase another vehicle from you again. So we all walked out and drove home. That wassss my experience. These car saleman sometimes can be a biggest [non-permissible content removed] that you've ever met. The mud guards set only costs $31.90 from Mejestic Honda parts. I ordered a set the next day.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    H and A, Bernardi, Saccucci, and there are several Honda dealers on ebay.

Dennis
  • zxbuizxbui Member Posts: 6
    Re: Price info on LX-P Auto in SoCal

equalizer7,

Sorry for late reply
    Here are few SoCal dealers willing to give me that price ($19694 or under):
    -Hardin Honda in Anaheim
    -Moss Bros Honda in Moreno valley
    -Spreen Honda in Loma Linda.
    If you need more help/detail shoot me an email (I’ll display my email for few days) since the forum rule I can’t post:
    “You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information”
  • mstyladymstylady Member Posts: 19
    Test drove both an '08 EX-L V6 and an '06 EX-L 6M last night. Love the '08, but seriously considering the '06 because I want(ed) a V6 Manual. Car has 7,400 miles on it; dealer wants $23,599, plus TTL, comes to $26,153. The '06 has everything the '08 has excluding blue tooth and fogs. Something tells me this is wanting way too much. KBB does reference $23-something as starting point for negotiation, but still I don't feel $26,153 is such a wow deal that I wanted to grab the deal. As a reference point, I also found a dealer with an '07 EX-L 6M selling for $25,748. I may be paranoid, but being a woman they probably think they can sell me the Brooklyn Bridge, no questions asked. Appreciate any insight anyone can offer!

Many thanks,
    mstylady
  • christinam1christinam1 Member Posts: 18
    I sold my 06 EX-L with Navi, 8300 miles, automatic transmission, a couple of weeks ago for $21,500. It was just like new. I never liked the 2006 but I'm impressed with the 2008 model and will probably buy one. Good luck to you.
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    If you scan through some of the older messages, say from the last month, there are deals on 08's for only a few hundred more than the 26153 you have now for a 2 year old car.(08's are not manual). Only the 08 2Dr V6 comes with a manual and I think they can be hard to find depending on where you live. If you are in the NY area, I know of several dealers that have 07's still on the lot (which I am looking into myself). I don't know if they have manual, or anything on prices, etc..
    christinam1,

What didn't you like about your '06? I drove the '08, great ride, beautiful exterior and interior; too many buttons on the console for my liking would be my only complaint aside from the fact you can only get a stick in the coupe or get a 4 cylinder. How was your mileage on the '06?
    In NJ!

I am taking the plunge!
    Hi TAOL
    Sale tax in Pittsburgh PA is 7%. Can you tell me what is the invoice on yours? How come you only pay $55 for doc fee and other pay $400 - $600? These fees are supposed to be standard right?
    Look like it........Sorry....
  • nickwoodsnickwoods Member Posts: 13
    what dealership what extras how did you negogiate that price???tks what interest rate, from america honda?? tks
  • dennis123dennis123 Member Posts: 5
    Just an FYI for those buying in the Dalla Area:
    Purchased New EX-L 4 cyl. Very impressed with quality, ride and workmanship.
    Toatal price paid: $24,250
    Included: Deck Lid Spoiler,pinstripe,wheel locks,paint and interior protection,nitrogen and mud guards and trunk tray.
    Best internet invoice was $23,950 w/o any add ons.Not sure if they would actually sell the car w/o the ons as they obviously want to get x-tra profit.The process was painful at times but worked out in the end.Got the color/combo I wanted. Hope info. helps.
  • taoltaol Member Posts: 9
    All dealers that I contacted in this region asked the same doc fee, $55. I don't know why they did not ask more but that was what I paid. My out-of-door:

($22, 750+$55doc) * 1.0825 + $38 electronic filing fee + $2xx DMV fee = ~$24,940.

Our tax rate is 8.25%.
  • abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    I purchased EX-L V4 with Nav. from Renton Honda, WA two weeks ago. They are the best Honda dealers in WA states, No sales games, No pressure, No gimmicks.

I have already wrote my buying experience in WA state. In WA states, most of the Auto dealers on east side are thiefs. They are sitting here to rip people off. Don't know why:(

Bellevue Honda, was biggest AH. same as Hinshaw Honda in Auburn. I don't know what they are thinking. Hinshaw Honda's sales manager Rob was big AH & Jerk. He was telling me best price is on sticker. I was laughing at his face. There are 100's of Honda dealers & they are selling the same car. Come on..get some %%.

Renton Honda match my price (which I got out of state) was $300 less than invoice without any games. Today I got refund check of $137.xx which came back with my license plates. They charged me originally $214 & today refunded me title fees of $137.xx. They could have kept the money but they gave me back:) I appreciate their act of honesty.

So my Total OTD price for Auto V4 EX-L with Nav. is $285xx.xx which includes TTL. My next Pilot is coming from them.
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    "... charged me originally $214 & today refunded me title fees of $137.xx. They could have kept the money but they gave me back:) I appreciate their act of honesty...."

They are charging you that fee on behalf of the government and no, they can not keep the overcharge. They are required to return it to you. The dealers always estimate a little higher on the DMV fees to cover themselves, better to return to you the over-charge than coming after you hoping you will pay the shortage.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    California? The state caps DOC fees at $55..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jlaw1jlaw1 Member Posts: 1
    In western Massachusetts, I got my quote thru the internet and purchased this car for 26576 ( includes destination, no tax, title, etc ). I could have haggled a little but based upon the scarcity of these cars, I didn't bother to fight for a few dollars less.

Only two dealers responded, one for the price above and another for 26601. One dealer that I have bought 3 Honda's from in the last 6 years, didn't want to give me a quote but wanted to string me along. The other dealer which had the car in stock didn't give me a quote. A friend of mine test drove the car from this dealer, who indicated that they wouldn't take less than the sticker.

I was looking for polished metallic w/gray interior but settled for my second choice of Black on Black. I had to wait a few days for them to get the car but it was worth it.

Very fun to drive and have no complaints so far.
  • kguenth1kguenth1 Member Posts: 1
    Any thoughts on this deal:

Sale price $22,175
    Destination charge $635
    Doc fee $ 150
    Taxes $1,550
    New plates $143
    Total $24,653
  • sad_chairsad_chair Member Posts: 13
    My 74-year-old mother today bought a 2008 EX-L auto in west suburban Chicago for $24,024 before TTL. Wheel locks were included in the deal. She did the work by phone and internet, didn't visit dealer until she picked up the car.
  • wphillipswphillips Member Posts: 1
    bought a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6, with DVD Navigation from Westport Honda in Westport, CT
    Paid $28,500 + tax.
  • mikecoat48mikecoat48 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2008 EXL V6 Sedan with NAV at Lester Raines Honda in Charleston WV. Polished Metal Metallic with gray interior.

MSRP was $30,895 (with destination charge).
    Invoice was $28,039 (with destination charge).
    Paid $28,000 with splash guards.
    $29,555 OTD.
  • hp6130hp6130 Member Posts: 49
    MSRP $26495
    Price Paid $24000
    Pa. sales tax 6% $1440
    Doc Fee $55
    Plate, Registration $103.50
    Total $25598.50
    Deal included trunk tray and wheel locks n/c.
    Straight sale, no trade. Piazza honda/acura in Reading, Pa. Really nice car buying experience. No pressure for add-ons or other B.S.
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    I just bought a 2008 Mystic Green EX-L 4cyl Auto Sedan for $22.528 + $635 Freight + $195 Appearance Package + TTL

I thought I got a great deal, but kguenth1: Your base sales price of $22,175 beat me by $250!!

Invoice according to Carsdirect is $23,428 excluding freight. So, it appears that my dealer gave me a flat $900 below invoice. However, kguenth1 got another $250 off of that price!!

I was able to knock the appearance package down from $595 to $195, but I'm still a bit miffed, because the only thing that I appear to have gotten from that are front and rear mud flaps and a plastic licence plate frame that has the dealer's name on it. Oh, and the dealer said that a full tank of gas is part of the appearance package. considering that mud guards are $70 online and tank of gas is about $60, I figure I paid about $65 in labor to put those guards on. Would have thought that door edge guards, wheel locks and pinstripes would have been in order, but oh well. Glad I didn't pay a full $595 for $70 mud guards. Besides, isn't a full tank a gas something every honda comes with anyways?

Love the new Accord and while it may have road noise, so did my 2005 Odyssey and my 2007 CRV. It's a Honda, and it's what I've come to accept. Otherwise, the Accord is fantastic. Love the XM radio and how easy it is to change channels with the large selector knob. There may be alot of buttons on the dash, but they do seem to be fairly intuitive. Also love the 6 disc changer with MP3 capability, but I can't seem to get it to shuffle songs amongst the 6 discs. It will only let you shuffle from a single disc at a time. oh well, can't have everything I guess.

Any other deals anyone's got on a 4cyl EX-L Sedan (without nav)? Did I get a good deal?
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    a free tank of gas as part of the appearance package?? i think a full tank of gas is standard.

nice color,that green
  • d3vil_boyd3vil_boy Member Posts: 4
    MSRP $23,295 with Dest. Charges
    Invoice Price $ 21,171 with Dest. Charges
    Price Paid $20,369 with Dest. Charges (802 below invoice)
    NJ Tax 7% $ 1425.83
    Waste Tire fee 12.5
    state inspection $10
    Dealer's optional fee for registration $45 (i didn't wanna pay for this but thought not to argue for 45 bucks)
    Transfer plates from old car $69
    Total OTD 21931
    No Trade in. No add on accessories. Dealer promised me no doc fees but on the order had this registration fees.
    paid 100 bucks yesterday to book it.. will be getting the car tomm evening.
    What say guys? Howz the deal?
  • cliffclavencliffclaven Member Posts: 23
    I'm going to post my details but for a quick reply I just bought my Basque Red (rare) '08 V6 4dr EXL w/Nav for $27979 in AZ. I'm sure someone will post a better deal down the road but for now I think I got a really good deal.
  • htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2-DR Coupe. Automatic Transmission/4Cylinder in the Houston area. I have seen quite a few posts in the forum, saying that they are getting different 2008 Accords at invoice, or below invoice between 400-1000 below invoice. I wanted to know if this was more common for Sedans, or if this is the case for coupes as well?? The lowest price I have been able to get so far is 1000 OVER invoice on the car, so I wanted to see what the market is! Can this coupe atleast be had at invoice??

MSRP: 26,595 including Destination charge
    INVOICE: 24,193 including Destination charge.

Let me know what a good price to shoot for will be, on the coupe!

Thanks for all of your help!
  • jkgnujkgnu Member Posts: 1
    I just got a Coupe, LX-S, AT, Belize Blue, base $19,943 + appearance $595 (which the dealer would not budge from, even though it only consisted of mudguards and wheel locks) + freight/processing + TTL = $22,332 OTD. I live in Northern Virginia. I don't really know if that's good or not, but the dealer would not play ball, and swore on his children's lives that was as low as they could go.
    Hi Kguenth
    I think this is a very good deal. I copied this deal and sent to my local dealer in Pittsburgh PA. and they said they can not lose $. The best they can do is $23762( including destination charges). Your deal is $22810. That is $920 less than what they offered me. For that $ do you think it's worth to go to your dealer? lol . Can you give more info on your dealer?
    Thanks
    Just got an 08 Pilot EXL. and want to sale my 2000 Odyssey EX. Only 32000 miles. Researched on national price most are over 100Kmiles and they want $10999 for it. I am asking $11995 for mine ( only 32k miles)
    Anyone knows whoever is in market for used Honda van, please let them know. Thanks
    David

Email address: davidngo2@comcast.net
    Does anyone knows if Honda is having some kinda incentive going on for the Accord? Coz it looked like everyone got their vehicles for under invoice. Dealers will never sale you a car and lost money unless they are having some kind of CASH BACK TO DEALER that we did not know? I am talking a my dealer in Pittsburgh PA now, and they offered me $23762 for a 2008 Accord EXL I4 which is few hundreds under invoice ( EDMUNDS invoice is $24063 for EXL I4).
  • beslcbeslc Member Posts: 7
    I purchased the same vehicle you are considering on March 17(EXL i4 Auto Coupe w/o Nav), I paid 24389.00 + T and L and $ 75 Doc which was actual invoice. There is a regional advertising charge from Honda in my region,verified(Utah),which is the amount above the 24193 price you noted.

I question some of the prices I have seen on Coupes. I verified invoice on my car not only by seeing the Honda invoice, but further called a good friend who is Manager at a multi-line dealership , including Honda to verify my invoice. My friend is in CA, and indicated I could not buy it any cheaper from them, than the deal I made locally.

If anyone is paying less than invoice on a Coupe..way to go. I would love to see your purchase agreement and know your skills.

As for pricing, buying at invoice should be your target price, if you can do better, again my hat off to you as well.

I have found many times someone will show an invoice or below invoice price on the car, then get hammered with high Doc fees and add-on's. So in the end it was not a good deal. Doc fees and add-on's are profit to the dealership in most states unless you live in a state where there is a cap on Doc fees. The dealership will make a profit at invoice with holdback and possibly volume of sales incentives, but doubtful they will ever lose money to sell you a car.

Shop around, talk to several dealerships then make your best deal and enjoy the car. I love mine!

OH!! I stand corrected, there is situation where the dealer could show a lower than invoice price. That would be to steal a trade-in. If the dealer can steal your trade they will make far more on reselling your trade than on the new car deal. 99.9% of the time if a trade is involved , that is where the dealer sees profit.

I had no trade in my deal.
  • nickwoodsnickwoods Member Posts: 13
    2 dealships otd 31,575 and 32,619 any comment folks, san antonio, austin, tx appreciate your imput
  • dreamcar5dreamcar5 Member Posts: 69
    It is about that range for OTD, it is hardly to make any as most are preordered. The gas mileage is about 25 in city and 31 on free way. It is the most powerful car in all 2008 vehicles. My wife drives it in the city and a very nice car indeed, like Acura RL for $31K.

I recently bought a 08 Civic LX for about $18K OTD, the MPG is about 40 @ 55 mile/hour. It is the car for my commuting.

I have to say Honda makes the most popular yet fuel efficient cars. Enough said, no other brand can compete! :P
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Agreed 100% with Dreamcar5. Go for it Nickwoods. It's very peppy. I got exact same one and have enjoyed it very much. Please give it a BIG TEN, Parviz, Johnmcpd, Hank, etc., owners of the '08 Accord X-L V6.
  • audioslaveryaudioslavery Member Posts: 7
    Got a EX-L V6 AT Nighthawk Black Coupe for $26,000.00 even + TTL

OTD $28,450

Rock Honda in Fontana

PM me for the salesman, he's GREAT!

They beat down Norm Reeves Honda without a question, I got a free pro pack in it too by accident, the shop forgot to take it off when they were prepping it.

Love this car, best value for the money by far and is extremely well built.
  • erdocerdoc Member Posts: 10
    thats a great price! if you can buy the car at that price, you absolutely should. i bought mine for 26,650 + dest + TTL. this would be the lowest price ive seen for the EXL V6 with Nav. please post if you get it.
    Got the following yesterday (didn't receive until this morning though).

"The selling price of the 2008 Honda Accord EXL Manual Sedan is $25,695. If we can do business before the close of business today, Monday, March 31, 2008 the starting point of our conversation will be $22,340."
    OTD I'm figuring $24,300

Also got an offer of $25,784 2007 EX-L V6 6-Speed.

Thoughts on both offers?
    erdoc - what state do you live in please

G-Man
  • hp6130hp6130 Member Posts: 49
    I agree , not enough people mention if they have a trade in. This is so important, because some people want the big discount on the new car, and others want it to look like they are not losing a lot on their trade. We bought our 08 accord ex-l 4 cyl. no nav at invoice (straight sale), 6% pa. sales tax, $55 doc fee, plus license and tag, this also included wheel locks and trunk tray liner. When their is no trade involved, just get the dealers selling price, learn if there are inflated doc. fees, and see if they add any B.S., you don't want or need, such as pin stripes, door edge guards, rustproofing, scotch guard fabric protestion, special wax etc. Compare the quotes and make your deal.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Your best bet to sell your van quickly is probably to place an ad on Craigslist.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tishka72tishka72 Member Posts: 5
    I've got an offer for 2008 Honda Accord LX-P. 39 mos/10,000 mi lease for $245/month (tax included) with $850 total out of pocket. Is it a good deal for New York?
    Hi Kirstie,
    THanks for the info. I will try that.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    It almost sounds good based on those numbers, but why stretch the lease out the extra 3 months so you risk being out of warranty even at that low miles?
    Plus, you get to pay for another year of registration fees even though you only have the vehicle for 3 months in the final year.

It would be easier to understand if it's good if you know how they calculated the payment. What is the capitalized cost and the money factor?
    Does the vehicle have the optional automatic transmission?
    Are you sure you are only going to drive 10,000 miles per year or less the entire term of the lease?