Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tishka72tishka72 Member Posts: 5
    39 months is a program from the third party lessor.
    I hardly make more than 8,000 a year, so 10,000 is more than enough ))
    Gross capitalized cost - $21,520.68, I'm not sure about the money factor, I think it's average.
  • taoltaol Member Posts: 9
    I don't have trade-in or any dealer add-ons. The breakdown of my purchase:

Model: EX-L Accord Sedan, I4, auto
    Sale+Destination: $22,750
    Doc: $55
    Tax: 8.25%
    Online registration fee: $38 ( I found this a little suspicious later)
    DMV fees: $200+
    total out-of-door: $24,936
    Perks: wheel lock, free tinting (not done yet)

We have 15 Honda dealers within 30 miles and the competition is fierce.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Since invoice is about $20,700 on an automatic, $21,500 doesn't sound like a great price unless that includes tax and the bank fee. What about the residual? It's hard to really see if it's a good deal when you don't know all the basic details like even the money factor.
    They should also have a 36 month lease available. 39 months makes little sense since you will be out of the basic warranty for the last 3 months even if you only have 24,000 miles at the time and you have to pay the next years registration on it and then pay registration again on the next car 3 months later when you turn it in.
  • tudiutudiu Member Posts: 27
    Hi TOAL,
    Can you provide us with the name of your dealer alone with City name?
    My local dealer still wont come down any lower. Still want $23762 for EXL I4, plus Tax& fee. that is $1012 higher than yours.
  • taoltaol Member Posts: 9
    Autowest Honda at Fremont, CA, SF Bay area
  • tudiutudiu Member Posts: 27
    Hi TOAL
    OMG! I thought you are in NJ area. THat is too far away to save$1000. But thanks again for the info.
  • pcjamespcjames Member Posts: 13
    Got a quote for $19,912 before TTL and other fees. Drive out price for LX Sedan w/auto is quoted at $21,382. Good or bad?
  • erdocerdoc Member Posts: 10
    i live in Chicago, IL.
  • tamoshantertamoshanter Member Posts: 33
    have been shopping around the last couple of weeks and finally found what i thought was a great deal - $27685 for the 2008 Accord Coupe EX-L with NAVI. This INCLUDES 3.2% tax, license, fees, title, destination - everything! $27685 out the door.

is that a good price? the hard part was finding the exact model (actually, this is for my daughter - it's her birthday present). she wanted the nighthawk black, 5AT, 4I and Navigation.

this was from landmark honda in alexandria, VA
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Yes!! You need to just make the move and do it! Awesome price! Really I think if you keep waiting, your just nickel and diming it. Especially on a coupe!!

Great deal! I am not sure how much lower you can go, and I am not sure you can, but that is great!
  • coupedegracecoupedegrace Member Posts: 3
    Hey Tamoshanter --

That is an incredible deal!

I received a quote from the same exact LANDMARK HONDA dealer in Alexandria for:

27,521 OTD for the 2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 MT ---- NO NAV

I have to ask how you pulled your quote off. I can say that it is definitely a good deal based on all the research I have been doing. The best quote I have gotten on the same car in manual transmission without NAV is 27,300.

Have you already gone to see the exact car they are quoting me on, or did you buy it already? When I went there to look at cars, they pulled the bait and switch on me, saying that the car I was interested in has been sold etc. They also were pressuring me heavily, pretty much always trying to get me to come in.

I have since been looking into working with other dealers, but can say that Landmark did give my my initial lowest quote, though now I can see that it can be much better -- if what you describe is really what you are getting. I guess I have more negotiation to do somehow, though I am sort of locked in at $27,300 at this point.

I'd be interested in hearing more about your experience at Landmark, and if you already have snagged the car. Did you negotiate the price down further, or is the $27,685 price what they quoted you from the start?

Please reply if you get a chance, as the clock is ticking for me on closing my deal.
  • carshopper27carshopper27 Member Posts: 5
    can the OP clarify if the car is a V-6 or a 4cy? your title says V6 but the write-up in your OP say I4
  • jimmythesharkjimmytheshark Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2008 Accord EXL w/o Navi at Route 22 Honda in Hillside NJ for 25,650 OTD ( this price includes Tax, Title, Destination, and the dealer eating my last lease payment of $380 on my 05 accord. Is this a good price
  • tishka72tishka72 Member Posts: 5
    Here is what I have in my Lease contract:
    Salling price - $20,131
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost - $21019.18
    Residual value - $14588.80
    Rent Charge - $3124.62.
    Does it help?
  • coupedegracecoupedegrace Member Posts: 3
    carshopper27 responded to all this and raised a good point --

I didn't catch that the title of the post and the description seem to show a V6 versus the I4 (V4). Can the OP (tamoshanter) clarify if the price you are quoting is for the V6 or the I4 (V4)?

Thanks!
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    who was your sales person please.
    their cost was: 22.705
    dest: 635
    so you are over by: $2,300 so i hope that was the tax amt.

what price did you get for the car before the extra items were added please.
  • billtetzbilltetz Member Posts: 7
    I posted several weeks that I'd obtained this quote (actually it was $27,200, but transferring the tag reduced the total) for a car that was scheduled to be built sometime after 3/18. I picked up the car today. Cost breakdown:
    sale price $25,112
    dealer fee ("pre-delivery service fee;" wasn't this formerly described as dealer prep?)
    299 (this amount was pre-printed on the invoice so apparently is fixed, but it's less than many other dealers charge)
    sales tax 1551
    TTL 65
    TOTAL OUT THE DOOR: $27,027

Nothing was listed as "documentation fee," but there was a $24 "electronic registration filing fee."

The process I followed was eerily similar to that posted by donkeypunch in #19746. Except for minor differences I followed virtually the same process & HIGHLY recommend it. All my work, except for several visits to the local Honda dealer, Honda of Ocala, to test drive & haggle (a waste of time, the haggling part), was done over the internet. I didn't start out asking for an out the door price, but if I had been ready to buy when I started getting prices it certainly would have saved time. I got initial prices from 21 FL dealers & did not finance. Rather than repeat much of the same info, I'd suggest you check out post 19746.

I bought my Accord from Love Honda in Homosassa, FL. I never visited the dealership or met the salesman 'til today. The internet salesman was honest, gave my a complete and honest quote (again, for a car that was scheduled to be built a couple of weeks later), & kept me posted as to its progress.
    The next best OTD quotes I received, for $400 or so more, were from Tampa Hondaland, Jon Hall Honda in Daytona Beach, & Gateway Honda in Port Richey.

So far, with about 55 miles on the car, I haven't experienced the VCM problem cited by some, & haven't yet driven at night to see if there's a problem with the headlights when the AC cycles.. So, of course I'm happy so far! Oh, the color is bold beige metallic with ivory interior.

I definitely recommend buying from Love Honda using the internet. But, if you could, I'd greatly appreciate using my name (in my profile) so I can reap the $50 referral fee. Even though I got a good deal, the cost wasn't peanuts!
    Thanks.
  • erdocerdoc Member Posts: 10
    i responded to gleen6169's OP (which is the title), because i just bought that car (v6) and thought his post is an amazing price (for V6 EX-L with nav). i know its about 2K less for no Nav, not sure the price difference for v4/v6 in EX-L.
    that really isn't bad, considering remember, this is only the 4 cylinder and you're getting the 6 - so the trade off is about equal. i actually negotiated this price at another dealership last week, but he couldn't get the exact model my daughter wanted - EX-L with only the 4 AND NAV is hard to find; most NAV's were in 6's. but when that dealer couldn't get it, i went online and worked with the internet sales guy at landmark and told him that was the price i was getting. he haggled a little, but then gave it to me at the same price. i had my son check it out (he lives in fairfax), put the down on a credit card and am picking it up on saturday. buying it on the last day of the month didn't hurt either...
    you'll love the V6 6M - my son has the 2004 Accord Coupe, EX-L, V6 6M and he loves it! but he's now jealous of his sister because her car looks much nicer and he was surprised that the 4I puts out 190 hp - when he test drove it, even with the automatic, said it was pretty nice.
  • jimmythesharkjimmytheshark Member Posts: 3
    Purchase Price was 23000. The Extra 2650 was in Tax, Destination, DMV Fees, and the last payment of 380 on my 05 lease.
    My new quote is:

2008 Accord EX-L 4 cyl with Nav: $24,449. I have this at $967 below dealer cost. Deal or no deal?!

Thanks!!!
  • wong888wong888 Member Posts: 1
    Audioslavery,
    I'm thinking of going to Rock Honda to purchase my LXS Accord coupe. They quoted me a great price. Who is the sales person you dealt with?
    please email me with the info...

pwong714@sbcglobal.net
    My new quote is:

2008 Accord EX-L 4 cyl with Nav: $24,350. I have this at over $1,000 below dealer cost. Deal or no deal?!

Thanks!!!
    What is the complete deal with your trade-in and the total fees (doc fee etc,) the dealer is charging besides the $24,350 for the car? Does it explicitly say it includes the destination charge and that it's an automatic?
    I am paying cash.

I have ot add $635 dest + NJ tax + their fees which I dont knwo yet.

Now I am down to $24,114 + $635 dest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will and have to deal.
    The fact that they would even give a quote that left off the destination charge (that's really part of the MSRP everyone pays nationwide) should be a red flag. You really don't know the price is until you have the show all their charges including the doc fee.
    The doc fee could be any amount of money in the states that don't limit it.

If they are that sleazy, they may have also quoted a price for manual transmission when you might have assumed it is an automatic.
    if this is a legitmate quote for 2008 accord coupe, 5AT (automatic), I4 (4 cylinder), EX-L with NAVI for under $25k, then it's an excellent price. BUT, make sure you get them to give you a quote with EVERYTHING included (tax, license/tags, processing fee, etc.) OTD. otherwise, they might pad it with other options that you'll probably not want - like another dealer prep, overglorified wax jobs, paint sealant, etc., that you don't need. i made sure when i asked for my quote, it included everything and was OTD. otherwise, i walked
  • decisions2decisions2 Member Posts: 21
    Agreed that you need to make sure you are getting what you want.

If you haven't gone down there yet you should and talk business face to face. I know that Honda is bumping dealer incentive and cash off the top deals right now so the price might be dead on.
    Finally made the purchase. Sale price 23,550 (including all fees) + tax and tags = total OTD price of $24,300. This included the small add ons like mudgards and wheel locks. The financing rate with honda was 4.98% for 60 months. The car is nice but you can still tell it is a honda. The best price I could find the Camery XLE for was $25,500 before tax and tags so the going with the Honda saved about $2,000.
  • christinam1christinam1 Member Posts: 18
    What do you mean by "you can still tell it is a Honda"?
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Congratulations on your best deal. Best Honda, best engineering, best piece of art, Ever & ever. AMEN !.
    What I meant by you can tell it is a honda is that it still has the feel of my last honda even though they have redesigned the car. Don't take that as an insult to the car just a comment that it still feels like a honda. Road noise is noticable sometimes but the feeling that you will be able to drive the car without problem (the honda feeling) out weighs any of the negatives IMO.
    my daughter and i picked up her new 2008 accord coupe EX-L 5AT (automatic), with NAV for $2685 OTD (including VA tax, license/tags, processing fee, destination, etc.). they even through in the "appearance package", which was the mud flaps, wheel locks and pinstriping - which, MSRP is worth $600+ - in real life, is worth about $100. but very happy with the deal, drove the car 100 miles home and my daughter loves it and my son (who has the 2004 accord coupe, EX-L V6, 6Manual) is very jealous.
    I haven't seen the navigation system work, so I decided to go to another Honda dealer to see if I liked it enough to justify the cost of upgrading to an EX-L Nav model when I otherwise would probably be satisfied with an LX-P. I also wanted to drive one again so I could refresh my memory on whether I not I could live with the Accord's level of highway road noise for several years.

The salesman couldn't find any 4 cylinders with nav in the main lot so he went to the back lot and found a clearly un-PDI'd gold EX-L with Navi after over 30 minutes.
    The car was filthy and I was surprised he didn't bother to even clean the heavy layer of dust off the windshield in all that time he was gone before bringing the car around.
    He knew nothing about the nav system, so I tried to play around with it to see what I could figure out without aid of the owners manual. I was able to get a few voice commands to work because I knew some phrases based on reading online message boards. It was a bit too complicated an unintuitive though. Most people will either need to read the manual or spend a lot of time in trial and error to even input an address.

On the test drive, he directed me to drive about 1.25 miles in a loop of 4 right turns back to the dealership. When he had me make the first turn away from the freeway, I was silently thinking: "You moron! This is not an acceptable test drive at all. Now I'm going to go to another dealer and get a real test drive to see how it feels on the highway and never come back here again."
    2 minutes later, we were back at the dealership and I stepped out and told him "I'm going to look at other cars, good-bye."

However, even in that few minutes I was able determine that the car had rattles. There was a rattle/squeak coming from the navi disc drive area below the HVAC controls and another coming from somewhere around either the passenger door or passenger seat. I have heard rattles in another EX-L, so I give up on it now. 2 out of 2. I may still try an LX-P at another dealership to see if the simpler interior without sunroof and the extra plastic console pieces is less rattle-prone.

When I drove down the street I noticed a Chevy dealer and decided to take another look at the Malibu. The salesman who met me was stereotypical with a fake tan, hair gelled back, and he smelled like a combination of cigarettes and cologne. He seemed to be an old-school high-pressure type of salesman.

I sat in a Malibu 1LT 4 cylinder and immediately noticed it was less roomy. I fit in the back seat, but it was tight and my knees were in the seatback cutout designed for that purpose. It seemed to have about the same headroom without the moonroof as the Accord had with a moonroof. It was almost like a 4-door coupe because some space was sacrificed for styling (low-ish roofline).
    The Malibu wasn't as comfortable to sit in the back seat because there was no room to stretch out. Then I drove it. We went on about a 15 minute drive out to the freeway then down a few exits before coming back on surface streets,
    The Malibu just felt so much smoother and quieter without wallowing around like a Buick or Camry and I could tell it would be nicer to drive on a daily basis than the Accord. No rattles at all.
    If I needed to carry tall people in the back everyday, I would lean towards the Accord so they could stretch out and experience the comfort of the flip down center armrest, but I don't need to do that, so now I'm leaning towards the Malibu.
    I know the Accord is likely to have much better resale value when I sell it in 5 or 6 years, but I need to live with it for 5 or 6 years first, so that makes it a harder sell.

There is also the Camry to consider which will have close to the same room and resale value of the Accord with a smooth and quiet ride, but from what I remember of driving a Camry, the Malibu was still nicer to drive beause it handles better than the Camry, yet is just as quiet.
  • steblastebla Member Posts: 1
    Purchased my Honda on April 4th in Cary NC. No dealer installed extras.

MSRP - $22,795.00
    Purchase Price - $20,192.00
    Tax - $605.76
    Registration - $74.00
    Doc - $398.00

Total - $21,269.76

Had COSTCO financing of 4.7%, dealer provided 4.24%.
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Member Posts: 56
    isellhondas,

I’m not sure if you’re still checking this thread, but I wanted to ask your opinion on something since you’re on the dealer side of things.

I am interested in buying or leasing a 2008 Accord Coupe EX or EX-L (5-spd manual). I realize these are in short supply, but I am not in a hurry to buy and am willing to wait 6-8 weeks or longer for one to be located, if necessary. Do you think it would be a realistic expectation to try to shoot for invoice on this vehicle? I would of course pay the destination charges + TTL and acquisition fee (if leasing).

Would most dealerships be willing to make this sort of arrangement? I am willing to put down a deposit while they locate the car, and the dealer would be getting the 3% holdback from Honda without having to pay any floor fees for the car sitting on their lot. They would also be profiting from the doc fee (I am in AZ where there is no cap on doc fees and they can often be $369 or more). In addition, I am trading in a 2005 Acura RSX in great condition with low miles, which would be another source of potential profit for the dealer.

I’m just wondering if my line of thinking is way off, since the Accord Coupes are a lot less abundant than the Sedans and tend to sell pretty quickly.

Everyone else feel free to chime in as well. I’d like to hear if anyone (especially in AZ) has been able to purchase a coupe at or below invoice.
  • ketaanhshahketaanhshah Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am buying a new LX-P (Auto) in NJ (Edison) and the dealer quote is as follows:

Purchase Price - $19,195.00
    Destination: $695
    Sales Tax - $1395
    Motar Vehicle Charges: $284(4 yr New number plate, I dont have a no. plate)
    Documentation Charges $349.00

Can someone please let me know if this is good price or I can negotiate on Destination, Motar Vehicle. Documentation Charges?
    Any help is highly appreciated

thanks
  • ketaanhshahketaanhshah Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am buying a new LX-P (Auto) in NJ (Edison) and the dealer quote is as follows:

Purchase Price - $19,195.00
    Destination: $695
    Sales Tax - $1395
    Motar Vehicle Charges: $284(4 yr New number plate, I dont have a no. plate)
    Documentation Charges $349.00

Can someone please let me know if this is good price or I can negotiate on Destination, Motar Vehicle. Documentation Charges?
    Also as I am new to US (only 6months here), he said I will get auto loan at 9% APR. As I don't have any credit history. Also Insurance quote he has give is $1400 annually.

Any help is highly appreciated

thanks
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    IMO, If you pay $1K or $1.5K more you can get an '08 Accord I4 EX-L. It's much better deal Its even better w/ navi.
    thats 1,600 below invoice! right?!
  • njmets33njmets33 Member Posts: 3
    Lease payment of $420 a month 15k miles/36 months with 600 down including first months payment...

This is for top of line 2008 V6 with Nav MSRP 30,895.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Bought a new 2008 Honda Accord LX automatic with 5 year 60,000 miles oil changes and 5 year Unlimited Mileage tire hazard warranty, rotaions and balances for $20,800 OTD. Price includes destination, tax, and all fees. Did I get a good deal? Feedback appreciated.
    note that i left a number out on the price. the OTD price was $27685 in VA, including his throwing in the appearance package. tried to sell me the "Lear Jet/sealant protection", but have been told by most people that you can get a lot of car washes and waxing over the years, with paying that much....
    my daughter (who is very directionally challenged) found the NAVI system easy to work and very helpful. i also strongly recommend it for parental relief, along with the Bluetooth; knowing that she's on the cell phone while she drives, using this is MUCH safer. with it integrated into the system, when i call her and her stereo (which she also loves) is blasting, the phone will still pick up and she can't use the excuse that she didn't hear the phone ringing when driving
  • dwluv3333dwluv3333 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying a 2008 Accord EX-L Auto sometime in the May/June timeframe. It seems that most people here are getting at LEAST the invoice price on this model if not lower, but something that's less obvious is the time (in the month) at which everyone started getting quotes from various dealerships. From your guys' experience, does buying at the end of the month really make an extreme difference? Would it make the difference between being able to get a car under invoice vs over? What if the dealership has already met monthly quota, would this plan backfire then?

Thanks!
  • jpahosjpahos Member Posts: 3
    I'm located in Indianapolis, IN and keep hearing that sales volume is low this year and that end of quarter (end of this April!) is a great time to get a deal with the pressure on to meet numbers. I have seen the term OTD (out the door) price and is that price including state sales tax, etc.? If so what price should I be shooting for ballpark for such a vehicle and would you suggest going into the dealership or trying an e-mail fax attack? I bought the package from Fighting Chance but have not received it, could anyone comment if they've had experience with such a thing and if it actually adds value? Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions,

John
    There is no doubt that buying at ME is the best time other then 12/30/08: ME, Qtr End and Year end as that three ends!!!
  • jpahosjpahos Member Posts: 3
    So the weekend at the end of April would be ME and Qtr end right? I'm hoping I can get a deal and I have seen others getting like 27-28k prices AFTER tax as I interpret it so I'm being hopeful.
    what state are you from. I have been working 5 dealers here in NJ and the loewst so far is about $1,000 below invoice for

2008 Accord EX-L 4 cyl w/Nav

$24,365 was the 2nd lowest quote
    $24,115 is the lowest provided that the dealer who said he would beat any proved auote by $250 honors what they said.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    What dealers were those quotes from, the lowest I got a dealer about a month ago was $25,800 or so, So you pretty much saying they can do even better than what I got as well. Then that would change my payment to a bit lower. I am working a lease, not buying, but either way it doesn't matter. I would like to forward your quote you got to my dealer and hope they match it, that would be amazing!! I am also thinking of waiting til the end of April, but with your number, I might get it all done soon!