Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pk5pk5 Member Posts: 1
    bought a 4 cylinder 08 accord coupe automatic transmission today here in chicago. looked through a lot of this forum, and it def helps. didn't have my first choice in color (polished metal metallic), but i guess there aren't too many that color in the ex 4 cylinder unless i wanted leather...which i don't really need.

$22,047 price
    $150 doc fee
    $143 new plates
    $1787.20 suburban cook county tax
    OTD price $24127.20

i think i did ok......did i?
  • nonxnonx Member Posts: 2
    Hello

Any one here in the state of Indiana (Indianapolis area) know a good OTD price for an 08 Accord EX-L A/T w/out Navi. Accessories include Engine system starter, Fog lights and deck spoiler. Is 25K OTD acheivable?

Chicago and Cincinnati areas you can also respond.

Also please include financing details.

Thanks
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    excellent deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • woodstickwoodstick Member Posts: 2
    I agree with others who mentioned Apple Honda in York, PA as having good internet pricing. Whatever the current manufacturer to dealer incentive may be, it expires April 30th.

I was quoted a price of $19,340 plus tax and tags for a 2008 Accord LX 4 door sedan with automatic transmission. That is $2,455.00 below retail. They even offered to deliver the car to me, as I am about a 3 hour drive from York.

If anyone knows of a better price in this part of the country, please post! Thanks.
  • zdadzdad Member Posts: 15
    Let's see if I can do this without the sales sheet in front of me....

EX-L I4 A/T (no Nav) in San Marino Red with Ivory Leather interior
    Sale Price = $24,056 (incl Destination)
    Tax (6%) = $1,449
    Tags Title & Doc Fees = 164

OTD Price = $25,663

Dealer threw in the wheel lock and mats.

Drivien is for 4 days now. Aout $150 commuting miles. Have loved every second of it. The LEather seats are awesome. Loved the heated seats this morning ( a little chilly in Philly this AM). Engine performs seamlessly, even up and down hillls. THere are a couple of hair pin turns on the way to work in the morning and I drove them aggressively this morning. The car stuck to the road. No tire squeal at all. Firmly in control. The noise cancellation actually works. Sport supenson a little stiff than my 7 year old Impala, but I expeced that. The looks and head turns are fun to watch. People notice this car. I thought the buttons on the console would be too much, but they are quite intuitive, and easy to use.

No complaints so far.
  • pcjamespcjames Member Posts: 13
    Something is up with the "secret incentive". I was quote 20,334 for a LX-P auto sedan, about $2461 under MSRP........

I think something is going on........
  • rametramet Member Posts: 11
    Thanks the the feedback! I will keep an eye out for an Hot San Marino Accord Coupe. I work close by your Dealer.
  • jalcala02jalcala02 Member Posts: 3
    Is this a good OTD price 23075.00
  • kepkep Member Posts: 4
    Hi 08carfinding, I'm sorry for the delay. You should contact South Bay and talk to their internet guy to get on their mailing list. I was in contact with their internet sales manager. Unfortunately that sale ended on 4/15 but I'm sure more will come.
  • flbuyerflbuyer Member Posts: 11
    Anyone know what kind of deals available on this car...how much under MSRP are people paying?

Thanks for any info..
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    That price seems high for an EX-L 4 cylinder. I have seen quotes $1200 below that.
  • rametramet Member Posts: 11
    Where and how?
    Those are prices we are getting around the Philly area. I am working with Conicelli to match yaupon2's price of 500 under invoice. Hoping to close the deal by this week.
  • paruljainparuljain Member Posts: 6
    $299 dealer doc fee? I thought NJ law only allowed dealers to charge a maximum of $199 doc fee?
    $26,553 base has been quoted by email by Route 22 Honda. They have also given a rough OTD of $30,000.

As per Edmunds invoice for this car is $27,404. I saw a message on this forum saying that there is a dealer incentive of $2,500 until end of April, 2008. Is that true? That would explain why this dealer is willing to sell $851 below invoice. Or is there a catch?

Does anyone know of a better deal in NJ?

Thanks
  • alta54alta54 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 08 EXL V-6.

Got the car for $25,900
    Dealer fees of $195

Total out of pocket: $26,095

Should I feel good about this deal??
  • twotonetommytwotonetommy Member Posts: 35
    alta54... what dealership and region did you buy your new Accord from?

It would seem the east coast has the great deals.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    I saw a message on this forum saying that there is a dealer incentive of $2,500 until end of April, 2008. Is that true?

Take it from me - it's not true. On 4cyl Accrods dealer can earn upto $400.00 per car based on a tier system. Hit 110% of your goal set by Honda for your dealership, earn $400.00 "advertising" bonus money on that car.

This bonus does not appy to V6's, so if your buying a V6 under invoice, the dealer is going into the hold-back to sell you a car. So if you can get them to do that, take advantage of it :)
  • dadogdadog Member Posts: 3
    I have been offered a price of $25,500 plus TTL for a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 w/o Nav from a dealer. Is this a good deal?
    mplshondadir.. are you really a dealer in Minneapolis? If so, what are you letting a 2008 exl auto 4cyl go for? What are you letting exl v6's go for? I would love to buy either at one of these at these crazy prices I have been reading about. If you don't want to post, send me an email using my twotonetommy AT carspace.com.

Thansk
  • leosikleosik Member Posts: 11
    Just got quoted in Providence area for 2008 EXL auto 4cyl. here are the numbers.
    The sticker price: $26,495 ($25,860 base price plus $635 destination)
    The dealer invoice: $24,063 ($23,428 base invoice plus $635 destination)
    Less dealer hold back: $776
    Dealer cost: $23,287
    Honda Online price: $23,787
    Honda to dealer incentive: $300 expires April 30th
    Honda Online price with incentive: $23,487.
    Will check it out tomorrow.
    thanks leosik

Now if I kind find that kind of price in the central region, that would be great. Thats one heck of a price.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    $300 isn't much of an incentive on a car with a $26K sticker, but at least it's a start and it's only spring. Closer to the year end clearance it should get much better.
    Our invoice (adjusted after co-op advertising) is $26251.00. My boss wont let me sell them for less then $26000.00. Most dealers are pretty close to the same. The Accord market seems kinda stale here.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO SELL. DO NOT EMAIL ME ASKING TO BUY AS I WILL NOT RESPOND. I AM SIMPLY SHARING A PRICE.

Our hosts here are very serious about enforcing some rules and I really dont want to be flagged again.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    A south Atlanta dealer quoted me $22,900 for an 08 EX-L 4 cylinder.
    Thank you mplshondadlr for your response. You discussed the price on a V6 EXL, how about the 4cyl with and without Nav. The reality is that I have been targetting the 4cyl exl with auto but based on some of the prices I have been seeing, I would consider a V6.

Can you see yourself coming anywhere close to "leosik" price for a 4 cyl with nav (Honda Online price: $23,787 - see post #20135)? If not, what are you letting the non-nav go for?

Thanks and yes I realize this is not a quote but rather an idea of what cars are going for in your market. Much appreciated.
    Again - this is not an offer to sell or buy! Dont flag me, just offering information!

We have been offering the EXL 4cyl non-navi for pretty close leosik price quoted. We're are slightly higher thanks to the co-op but in this area they're selling for $23863.00.

If you email all six metro Minneapolis/St. Paul dealers you'll find that price or close to it.
    Thank you mplshondadlr

As a person who understands the industry, and me as a buyer, is there a better time to buy during the year? Is July better to buy then now? I know the end of December is always a good time to pick up a vehicle but when does Honda usually discount there existing model year to make room for the upcoming year?

thanks
    Twotone
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    this cannot be for a v6 with navi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • buy_hondabuy_honda Member Posts: 6
    do you aware there is following incentive going on? As your listed price is without any incentive.
    "Honda to dealer incentive: $300 expires April 30th"
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    Looks like it was 4 cylinder from his post despite the title..
    July. The have big summer clearance in July. Last year I sold 58 Honda's in July.
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Member Posts: 56
    mplshondadlr,

Does Honda typically run its summer clearance on Accords nation-wide during the month of July, or was this just a regional thing for your area? Last year, was there a large cash incentive that helped you generate such a large sales volume for the month of July? If so, do you remember the specifics? I'm just trying to get an idea as to what sort of summer clearance incentive to expect this year...

Thanks!
  • cdb51862cdb51862 Member Posts: 4
    I have a price from a dealer in Northern NJ as follows. I won't post dealer name until I verify that it is not a bait and switch price. I am visiting them tomorrow (Sat 4/19). Also, I think it would help if people would post prices before any state tax, motor vehicle fees, etc. In other words, post the price that the dealer has control over. OTD prices that include taxes are largely meaningless for comparison.

Prices rounded to nearest $

Price of car (INCL DESTINATION) $22427
    Window Etching (ripoff, I know) 169
    Documentation Fee 189
    On-Line Registration (not worth arguing) 8

Total Dealer Charges 22,793
  • alurkeralurker Member Posts: 2
    Steve,
    Dealer was David McDavid - It was kind of a pain negotiating - the typical 'let me talk to my manager' back & forth. I was in a hurry to get a car. At the time, I thought the deal was ok, but then I saw all the '22.5k' deals listed here (darn). I think mine was about invoice + a couple hundred for the 'extras' (claimed they were worth 1800... but i doubt it. actually the add I like the best is the rubber trunk liner).

In retrospect - the dealer had a good inventory- so the cars are probably not moving real well. I never found out what the 'holdback' was, or if there were any dealer incentives. In my deal, I think I basically gave away any large holdbacks the dealer has.
  • shorty13shorty13 Member Posts: 4
    just purchased my accord today!!!

sales price $25,627.10
    tax (6%) $1537.63
    title $22

OTD $27186.73

i had to wait a couple weeks for a dealer trade, but so worth the wait!
    I used the Honda website to send request for quotes for a 08 sedan AT EX-L V-6 w/NAV. Most dealers quoted around invoice but Route 23 Honda quoted about $2000 below invoice! Their OTD was also $2000 less than others. I called them to confirm price and availability and headed over that same evening with a copy of their quote to make the purchase. When I got there they told me that they had made a mistake and that they could only sell around invoice. They did not honor their quote!

I am wondering if others have experienced the same with this dealer? Was it a genuine mistake or a scam to get people to the dealership?

Thanks
    I had test driven the Accord in the night but day before I got an opportunity to try it out in daylight. The OTD for this car is around $30,000 but when I got into the car I did not feel like it was worth that much. The leather was not the best, and the metallic trims were actually plastic painted over. When I got to about 40 MPH there was enough wind noise to bother me.

So I rushed over to the Acura dealer and test drove the TL w/Nav which by the way has a $2,500 incentive for an OTD of $34,000. The TL's interiors are a hundred times better than the Accord. And it is a lot quieter than the Accord. It has several additional features as well: mirrors tilt down in reverse, 2 driver memory, rear view camera, HID headlights, dual mode auto A/C (Accord is single mode), A/C fan speed can be changed without A/C dropping out of auto mode, etc. The downside of TL is that it is slightly smaller, backseat does not fold down to accommodate my bike, and it has a tighter suspension and steering. You can feel every bump in the road and you really need to work that steering. I wish there was a luxury version of the TL with softer suspension and a steering that could be worked with the little finger (at least in the parking lot). Accord's VGR steering is great.

In any case, I have decided to spend the additional $4,000 and get the TL for its high quality interior.

Anyone considering the top of the line Accord should definitely cross shop with the TL w/Nav.

Thanks
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Paruljain,

I drove my '08 Accord V6 EX-L for a short freeway distance of 15 miles @ 55 - 60 MPH and was able to obtain 30MPG. Some other guys said they were able to get 40MPG. I did get 40MPG once in a while when the computer in my car indicated so. '08 Acura TL has no VCM to save gas. Otherwise, I bought it a few months ago.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    If you took the invoice price and took off all known incentives (there are none at this time) and subtracted all of dealer hold back (either $617.90 or $926.85 depending on which hold back percentage you believe) you get the bottom line, dealer makes no money price. Since they gave you a quote more than $1k UNDER this price you should have known it was a mistake and not bothered even going to see them.

I can understand why you might want to TRY to see if you sneak it off the lot for this price, but if you had though about it you should know this was not a valid price and was not likely to be honored.

With a mistake that large, they probably just quoted you an EX-L w/o Nav or something. Probably an honest mistake, but you should have known you were not getting that car for that price :D .

Dennis
    You are absolutely right about that. The Accord has a BIG advantage there. I do not think I am going to get more than 26 MPG on the highway with the TL.

I own a 2000 Accord I4 and even after 8+ years and 110K miles it gives me 31 MPG city and highway combined!
  • alta54alta54 Member Posts: 2
    I bought it in New Hampshire.
    No sales tax. Had an agreed price of $25,500 with another dealer but the car needed to be ordered. I did not want to wait.
  • lpcoupelpcoupe Member Posts: 5
    Just an update..thought my experience might help someone else in my area..

I emailed 15 dealers in ny tri state area and negotiated online and by phone for a quote on a 08 accord coupe exl v6 with nav manual trans blk/blk. The quotes initially started as high as msrp (hillside honda) but slowly went down. The best quote I got was Greenwhich Honda 27.3 includ dest +dmv+tax with out the door price of 30.0. (which is under invoice) Turns out that was not a correct quote b/c when I contacted them to place my order they didn't realize i wanted nav...

After several more days I got a quote from a local dealer of 28649 +67.50dmv and 2470.50tax bringing my total out the door price to 31,187. This is $600 over invoice but they threw in tinted windows which I want. After letting all of the other dealers know about that offer none would come close so I placed my order on Wed. When I placed the order the dealer said there was only one car in stock in ny tri state and that he would try and buy/swap/get it from that dealer.

All of the dealers in my area confirm that there is only one of these cars in stock in the tri state area and that it will take months to get the car ordered. Of course, now that I ordered it from someone else the dealer who has the car in stock has offered to beat the offer I already accepted (although it was only by $100 and they will not throw in the tint, and i was not treated nicely there when i test drove it).

I am so frustrated! After months of research, waiting, and negotiating, I made a deal and have no idea when I will get my car! :( Does anyone know if it will really take that long to get the car?
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Lpcoupe,

The '08 Accord V6 EX-L Coupe & Sedan w/ navi are considered "rare cars" while the ones without navi may be not. You can get much discount on the one without navi. But pricing for the ones with navi is different story. I bought the '08 sedan V6 EX-L w/ navi so I have some experiences about those deals. Talk to the salemen. They will tell you car you want is rare.
  • cdb51862cdb51862 Member Posts: 4
    I drove both 4cyl and 6cyl and liked 6cyl much better. Back to drawing board on researching what a fair price is as I had only been focused on 4 cyl.
  • tamoshantertamoshanter Member Posts: 33
    i went to our regular honda dealer (i've bought several cars from him for years) to get me a 08 accord coupe EX-L, 5AT (Automatic),4I (4 cylinder) WITH NAVI, blk/blk. he said no problem, all he had to do was trade a similar car in his stock with a dealership nearby that had it. two weeks later, he still couldn't get it, saying that because of that unique combination (NAVI and 4 cylinder), the other dealerships who had something similar, wanted something similar back; obviously, if he had something similar (i wa flexible on color), he would have sold it to me. i finally went to all the local dealerships and looked online at their inventories and found it 150 miles away. he matched my dealer's price, but only if i got it that weekend (it was the end of the month). i drove up, looked at it, and got it for $27,685 OTD. NAVI's are difficult to find - he was able to find LOTS of coupe EX-L's, but push hard enough, and i was able to get the deal - but timing is everything!
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    Hi zxbui,

I'm in the socal area and looking for the same model and trim, an 08 accord lx-p auto 4dr sedan. Can I get some detail on that also. If my calculation are correct, the otd price would be about 21,500?
  • jebinc1jebinc1 Member Posts: 198
    Replying to: lpcoupe (Apr 19, 2008 5:57 pm)
    Lpcoupe,

The '08 Accord V6 EX-L Coupe & Sedan w/ navi are considered "rare cars" while the ones without navi may be not. You can get much discount on the one without navi. But pricing for the ones with navi is different story. I bought the '08 sedan V6 EX-L w/ navi so I have some experiences about those deals. Talk to the salemen. They will tell you car you want is rare.
    I can confirm this as well. Here in the Seattle area the situation is similar - few EX-l V6's w/Navi. w/o navi deals can be had easily for $300 under invoice. I paid $500 over for my Polished Metal w/navi last night. The car arrives on Tuesday. :shades:
  • daniel2008daniel2008 Member Posts: 3
    I just got the car in Atlanta area, total price is $23,200 OTD.
    Price before tax: $21,163.62
    Documentation fee: $499
    Tax (7%): 1,516.38
    Title: $21
    Total: 23,200

Dealer charged me another $55 for applying finance through the banks.
  • hitekrednekhitekrednek Member Posts: 1
    Looking at EX L 4cyl w/auto. Best offer so far $23203. This includes all dealer fees.
    36mo 15k lease with $2000 out of pocket at $290 per month tax included. Interested in other deals in the southeast. This dealer is in Georgia. I live in Tennessee.
  • jamminx1jamminx1 Member Posts: 4
    We got or EX 2 weeks ago and the pricing here helped a lot. I had hoped to hold out till the end of the month but the 98 starting having some issues so it was time to trade.

Polished Metal Metallic gray cloth
    price $20,983 with wheel locks and splash guards
    dest $635
    dealer fee $119
    plates $93 ($75 WI cost + $18 dealer fee)
    less trade for the 98 then
    WI tax 5.5%

felt like this was a good deal and they beat the trade-in over the other Honda dealers