Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• exlseekerexlseeker Member Posts: 10
    are you getting this pricing with special financing 1.9 or 2.9? what is dealer fee and how much dealer is charging for accessories?
  • aps123aps123 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2010
    I'm getting my own financing from BOA at 3 %

This is the best offer I have so far
    $29,271 (includes destination fee )
    $2,048,97 (sales tax)
    $168.50 plate fees

Splash guards-$111.60
    All-season mats-$165.83
    Wheel locks-$78.41

OTD - 31,844
  • kristine70kristine70 Member Posts: 9
    I went to both dealers.

Dealer #1: Cheaper original OTD price by $100. Offered the towing package for $1286 installed and $900 on my trade-in (a 11 year old Saturn with 140,000 miles and in obvious need of new tires, also has lost its ABS functionality, leaks oil, and really needs new wheels).

Dealer #2: $100 higher OTD price. Offered the towing package for $1021 installed and moved up from $1000 to $1200 on the trade-in.

Dealer #1 told me that if I drove the car away after having it appraised, the deal would be off, as the car would have more miles when it came back. Now, he didn't have the color I want in stock, so I'm not really sure what his plan was - a hotel out back, maybe?

Since Dealer #2 now had the best price by $300+, we went with them. Overall, I'm happy with my pricing and the trade. He hopes to let me know tonight about when I'll have the vehicle.

Thanks for all the help here.
  • joefar75joefar75 Member Posts: 46
    27238 for a new EXL is a great PRICE!!
    would you share the dealership?
    j o e f a r 75 @ y a h o o .c o m

just leave out the spaces.
    I tried with a local dealer at 28600 w/ destination, and they wouldnt move from $29500. I would have pulled the trigger at 28600.
    27238 for a new EXL is a great PRICE!!
    would you share the dealership?
    j o e f a r 75 @ y a h o o .c o m

just leave out the spaces.
    I tried with a local dealer at 28600 w/ destination, and they wouldnt move from $29500. I would have pulled the trigger at 28600.
    Do you realize the message you resonded to is from April 12, 2004? That's more than 6 years ago! I'm doubting the price is still accurate :).
  • crimson_greencrimson_green Member Posts: 18
    Dealer fee = $400

Kinda high, but we like the convenience. We don't need to drive 1-2 hrs away.

No special financing. We did not ask since we're paying in cash. We're done with borrowing. We're completely debt-free including our house. :)
    Will you drive to east TN? :)

Don't wait too long since you may end up with a color you don't like. We thought about waiting longer, but we didn't want to take a chance on the color. As I checked around a few days ago, there's only 1 available Polished Metal in our area. This is why we're going to buy now and stop waiting. Waiting may mean ending up with a color I don't really like or driving faaaar to get what I want.

Good luck!
    thanks for response.. looks like i got screwed in financing.. paying 5.29% with honda financing.. need to transfer to some bank..
    thanks for reply.. looks little higher pricing.. just don;t pay for accessories..
    :) Thanks

Yes, I need to pull the trigger soon.
    I was hoping for below 29K but doesn't seem like its happening. :cry:

I used Hogan's method which gave me $300 below the zag.com price.(Thanks Hogan !) I've contacted all the dealers in my area as well as a bunch of others a little farther out. The dealer which gave me the lowest quote doesn't have the vehicle in stock. He said he will locate it for me.
    I got an internet quote for 29500, with Destination. So that's under $29k.
    I was looking for $28500 with Destination, but they wouldnt move from $29,5.
    I plan on going in there this weekend, and trying again with the same sales guy that sold me my accord in December.
    I put a deposit down. They're locating the color I want.

Selling price: $30,694.96
    Towing package: $1021
    Doc fees: $190
    Title, etc: $47
    taxes: $1914.74
    Out-the-door: $33,867.70
    I too have a quote of 29271 with destination but I did want one around 28700.
    I too have a quote of 29271 with destination but I did want one around 28700.
    Let me know how that goes.

I bought an accord from a dealer up in the Bronx in December and I liked the sales guy. He got me for a few hundred more than I should have spent on something but overall it was a great deal.

So I plan on going in there, low ball him at first.
    Then he'll come back with a number and Im going to tell him this is my last offer, if you say yes, I'll pick it up today otherwise, Im walking out.
    Putting the 28,990 on the table and then see what happens. If he says no, I move on to the Sienna possibly, but it's an extra $30 a month in insurnace for no reason at all.

6k under sticker is a great deal I think.
    edited May 2010
    I'm getting a different one for $200 more, but with more accessories and from a more convenient location. So,

$29,270 plus tax, tags and dealer fee

The price includes the following:

pin strip
    wheel locks
    all weather floor mats
    mud guards
    cargo tray

I believe it's better than my first deal considering the added accessories and location. :shades:
    I think its a good deal. The Accessories cost around $350.
    edited May 2010
    We finally bought my Ody EX-L. Yaaay! So, here's what I got (different from previous posts):

$29,080 plus tax, tags and dealer fee

This price includes:

Perma Plate, 5-yr Warranty on Paint, Leather and Carpet
    All Season Floor Mats
    Cargo Tray
    Splash Guards

I feel really good about it. Got it with only 14 miles. Love my van!
    That's a great deal.
    Where did you get that? Im up in the NYC area, I wonder if that has anything to do with the higher price?

The accessories are definitely worth something.
    This is a great deal... Congrats. !
  • microallhymicroallhy Member Posts: 15
    I have been following this forums since 12/09. I am ready to buy now. I will be sending Hogan method email on 5/24/10 and hopefully close the deal by the end of the month. I live in Northern Jersey, about 20 minutes from NYC. Please contact me if you live in the surrounding area and ready to buy. Maybe we can get a better deal together. Thank goodness for this forum!
  • rangersacerangersace Member Posts: 34
    Hi,

I wouldn't wait to send your emails out as the process my take 2 weeks or so especially if they need to locate. I started in the middle of april and got the car the last day of the month from DCH in paramus. If you give me your email address I'll send you my spreadsheet with all the email addresses and other pertinent info.it may save you a ton to time and work. Inventory in NJ is low so you may have to be a little flexible on color
    . Got an EXL w/RES 30600 w/dest and 33400 OTD.
  • keyser_sozekeyser_soze Member Posts: 2
    I'm in NNJ and have been emailing dealers about 2010 Odyssey EX-L RES/NAV. I'm ready to buy. I've found a dealer upstate NY with an offering sales price of just less than $32,000, dest. included but it's polished metal metallic, not a color my wife likes. NJ dealers seem to be more. I checked as far south as Princeton. Their quotes seem ridiculously high. Let me know if you'd like to share info. I havent ruled out Touring either.
    Hey,
    Im ready as well. Was at a dealer today. for an EXL, white with the the tan leather.
    Had 500 miles on it, but they said it was test drive model. Got them down to 29250, but I did'nt like the fact that it had 500 miles on it. They swore up and down that it was just test drive miles, but it seemed odd. Am I crazy?

Im ready to go though. Email me at joefar75@Yahoo.com
    I cant tell you how I hate car dealerships. THe salesman was telling me that they're still gettting delivery, the manager comes over and tells me that he was'nt. He tried to give me a $100 discount on the 500 miles that the car had on it.

I like the tan interior a lot better than the grey. But it only comes on the white, red, or silver I believe. Im in Queens. I've had some good luck at Bronx Honda, and I'll be up there tomorrow for work, so Im going to stop by. The magic # for me is $29000 and some all weather mats.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    $29000 should get the job done on an EX-L. We paid $28,510 (including freight) for our EX-L on 3-31-10. (Plus TTL) Ours had a little over 300 miles on it, but the dealer had to drive 4 hours one way to get us the color we wanted.

500 miles on a new vehicle is possible. Just hope they didn't drive it like they stole it.

The Ivory interior is a personal choice. We really wanted a White EX-L, but the Ivory only interior choice reminded us too much of baby poo.

Good luck with your purchase.
    28,510 is a great price. Are you in NYC?
    You just pay more FOR EVERYTHING if you live in NYC. LOL.
    Im use to it, but there was something about this one that I did'nt like.
    Im going to try in the Bronx tomorrow.
    Im sticking to $29000, putting my Amex card down and telling him if he wants to see the car pick up the card and run it for $5k.
    TN. :)

I ended up changing my mind on the color though. When we got to the dealer, the Polished Metal I asked had ~250 miles which I did not expect. I didn't know that the dealer had to get it from another dealer located 250 miles away. :)

That was okay though. It helped me feel better to get the black one which I have always wanted. Then why did I ask for Polished Metal in the first place? I was listening to friends/family. Everybody seems to have a problem with black. They talk about heat and dirt. So now, I no longer care what others think. I LOVE MY BLACK ODY!!! :shades:
    No, live in South West Ohio. If you are up for a road trip, contact the internet sales dept. at Castrucci Honda, Miamisburg, OH.
    Black was our second color choice. You don't see nearly as many Black Odysseys as Polished metal or the other colors.
    Finally pulled the trigger on this.
    29000 w/ Destination.
    3.45 financing with
    Red
    Tan Leather.

Just waiting on the dealer to get the color into the lot.
    Cant beat that deal.
    For $2k less, you can get a Sienna, BUT
    NO Leather, NO Heated Seats, NO SUNROOF, NO POWER TAILGATE.

Im happy.
    Congrats on the new Odyssey EXL. We also passed up the 2011 Sienna, due to several issues, mainly the cheap looking dash and interior.
  • pearliegirlpearliegirl Member Posts: 38
    I know no one knows for sure, but hopefully someone has more knowledge and experience than me, and may be able to provide some insight. Does anyone have any thoughts on what pricing may be like on the redesigned 2011 Odyssey? Do car companies (Honda) maintain similar pricing on models after they introduce new versions, or do they usually raise the overall prices?

My situation is as follows; I can buy it now, or wait, no major forces causing me to do anything. Obviously I'd prefer to have the all new redesigned version (who wouldn't), but not at the expense of a big difference in price. I don't care enough about owning the "new" model, especially because $$$ is an issue for me.

And another issue I have in my head is the ability to work a deal on the new version vs. the current model that dealers are probably looking to get rid of before the new ones arrive. I would have to assume that I will have much less ability to negotiate a deal on the new ones once they're out, and people want them, either because they're "new", or because people have been waiting for them to come out before pulling the trigger.
    edited May 2010
    Sweet deal. congrats.

Do you mean the Dark Cherry exterior with the Ivory Interior? I thought there was only one option for interior color for the Dark Cherry
  • krishkrish Member Posts: 24
    Usually, there won't be much difference in the MSRP.

But, the discounts/incentives like cash to customer, cash to dealer, low APR won't be there for quite some time on the new models. These are the biggest elements that reduce the over all OTD pricing.
    But if I can get $1500 off of invoice now, I'll probably end up paying over invoice on a 2011, right?
    You;ll be able to negotiate on the 2010 models a lot more agressively than the 2011.
    Once the new ones come out, that's it. You either take it or leave it.
    That's what Toyota is doing now on the Sienna's. I like the sienna's outer looks better, and the fact that it's a little quieter, but Im not getting $5100 off of MSRP on them. You're very lucky if yyou get $2k off.
    I would have to have gotten the XLE model, (which most of the time comes in AWD in the northeast), the FWD would have gone for about $33. So to me, $4k is'nt worth new body styling.
    I think I'm with you Joe. Of course I still need to get comfortable with not having AWD (I live in New England) ;) .
    Well, Toyota raised the price on the 2011 Sienna XLE about $2,000 over the 2010. Some of that was because options in 2010 became standard in 2011.

Honda would like to see their 2011 Odyssey sell for MSRP. Market will determine if they are successful. It did not work for Toyota, because Honda is currently being aggressive on the price of the current Odyssey.
    Thanks rangersace,

I got your spreadsheet, it was really helpful!
  • houstonodhunthoustonodhunt Member Posts: 11
    Can I get latest deal price on odyssey EX-L with RES in TX ?
    Please give price with destination and OTD price.

I am planning to buy one soon.
    I will send my email sometime this week, I'll let you know. I think what rangersace got from DCH Paramus Honda is pretty reasonable.
    Hey,
    Not sure where you live in New England, Im in NYC. Sort of New England.??
    I've always said that I wanted AWD, but I've probably said it about 4 times in 2 years, and not sure if I could justify an extra few grand for it. If it's really that bad out, I'm not going out.
    Same goes with the NAV. How many times are you going out where you need a NAV? Unless you're using it 3 times a week every week, what's the utility of it?
    Remember it's only worth something if you have a use for it. Other than it looking good on a dash, my $150 unit will do just the same.
    AND finally, since Im getting it all out;
    RES? REally ? An extra $1800 for a DVD player? Hey for $1000 right now I can get 2 ipads and let the kids go BANANAS! and Im leaving the fact that they already watch WAY TOO much TV. Dont want to push them over the edge in the car too. SO on that note, I think at $29k the odyssey is the best bang for the buck.

Toyota will become a HAIR more competitive once the 2011 ody comes out. RIght now, they're the only one with the "NEW" minivan. But, at the same time, neither want to drop their prices TOO much because they want to maintain a decent profit margin. If one drops the price, the other will follow, and they'll start eating away at their profit.

NOW. Im going to bed.
    After reading hundreds and hundreds of posts on this thread and the Honda Odyssey post, I'm wondering if emailed quotes are the best way to go. Seems like everyone on here loves them. I mean, I think they're definitely part of the overall homework that has to be done, but I dont think it should lead to the final price.
    I emailed a dealer for a price on a minivan; it went on for a few days; back and forth. Price I got was 29500, I asked for $29, and they said NO.
    BUT when I went to the same dealer and put the "DOOR THEORY" into effect; that's when I walk out the door; I got my price of $29k.
    Joefar75: Interesting point.. never thought of that... I'm going to put that theory to test and see how it works for me...
    Last night I was quoted $34,900. Dealer said I could get $1500 OR better financing (said that comes from Honda, and they can't give both, is this true or not?).

OR

Lease: 12K miles, 36 months, no money down (except for $1600 which includes first payment, and fees). Lease payment $477/month.

Thoughts???
  • fergs1001fergs1001 Member Posts: 3
    After using a modified version of the Hogan method, we just bought a 2010 Honda Ody EX-L with RES for $31,195 (OTD-all taxes & fees included). We initially almost signed papers for 2010 EX-L without RES for $31,700 which we're so glad didn't work out. After reading the posts on this forum, we called a few other local dealers and got the deal we got last night. We hope to have our car in the next couple of days.
  • pmpatelpmpatel Member Posts: 23
    Hi pearliegirl,

The quote of $34900 is way too high. I just purchased 2010 EX-L with NAV & RES for 32112 including destination in chicago land area on April 30th. Here's a rule of thumb for 2010 outgoing models. Honda is offering $1500 rebate and you can ask the dealer to give in all holdback $744 as they want to clear their inventory. I found most dealers willing to match the price around $32200 near chicago area.

Factory Invoice/Dealer Cost = 34846
    Subract Holdback = $744
    TOTAL WITH Destination = 34102
    Subtract $1500 incentive = $32602 http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZAMX000030

I bought the van when the incentive was only $1200 but now it's 1500. For me, I came ahead with taking financing from Bank of America (2.79%) rather than honda's 2.9% for 60 months.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.