Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• r0yaltyr0yalty Member Posts: 13
    They should still give you 0.9 or 2.9% financing. It's American Honda Finace's deal, not the dealership's. Just tell them you saw it on Honda.com and it doesn't say that it can't be combined with a low price. I got about $1400 below invoice on my car with 2.9% financing.
  • cobbertommiecobbertommie Member Posts: 4
    $23,700 OTD price on an EX 4 cylinder - is this a good deal?
  • twotonetommytwotonetommy Member Posts: 35
    Hi mseenviro

FYI post #19939 talks about some pricing below $23,000 in March (not including dest) for an exl 4cyl with auto.

$22.528 + $635 Freight + $195 Appearance Package + TTL

Pretty sweet deal.
    Another claims a price of $22,175
  • priceritepricerite Member Posts: 10
    considering that MI tax is 6% vs. 7% in NJ you in theory should be able to get lower OTD price than I did. But again MI market could be different

---

What I don't understand is how they came up with this OTD price of 27663 with this sale price. The difference between OTD and sale price won't even cover sales tax of 6%. What about title,registration and all the dealer fees. Are they included in the sale price? The sale price is out of line here.

your goal should be lesss than $490 monthly payment with 0 DOWN with 2.9%@60m if you are planning to finance or ~27350 OTD.
  • mlf1mlf1 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2008 4-door EX-L, V6 w/Navi from Harrisonburg Auto Mall in Harrisonburg, VA. Without exception it was the best experience I've had buying a new car. Straightforward transaction - no pressure. Everyone I came in contact with was knowledgeable, pleasant and efficient. It was almost too good to be true -- AND they beat all the Northern Virginia/DC/Maryland dealers by a considerable amount. I can walk to the Honda dealer in Alexandria (most unpleasant experience) and would again happily drive the 1.5 hours to Harrisonburg to have this wonderful, stress-free experience. And best of all, the dreaded processing fee was only $199!

2008 Accord Sedan, EX-L, V6 w/Navi

$27,500 (incls destination, mud guards and wheel locks)
    199 Processing fee
    935 Taxes, tags, title
    10 Online filing fee (I didn't argue about this)

$28,644 OTD
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    "Only" 199.00?

We charge 50.00.
    935 Taxes, tags, title

Do you guys have a tax holiday in VA?
  • cuoinoncuoinon Member Posts: 18
    Hi there,
    I tried to get to your price (19.6k for LX-P) but the dealer said that price is impossible; they even said who ever told me that price was lying. They will match it if I show them some kind of papers. Can you please send me more info?
    Here is my email cuoinon777 at yahoo dot com
    Thanks a lot in advance
  • levtomlevtom Member Posts: 12
    I think the way Boch supports their $20,488 price is to force customers to accept THEIR financing arrangements. Must make $ thru financing. They do pay cash for all their inventory and do deals that may be hard to beat.

Went back to Kelly Honda in Lynn,Ma., my local dealer. First and final offer was $21,600 +tax and doc fee w/o trade.

Offered $4100 for my "96 EX 5M. $ 17,500 w/trade. Tried to get them to throw in a moon roof sheild...anything. No go. GM said no. Would not move at all. Think $4100 was good for my 77K "96. Low but hard city miles and 5 speed manual tranny not desirable. Malibu dealer offered only $3100 + $20450 for half the car that the EX Honda is !. No way!

Decided to accept. Still $656 under invoice. Got wheel locks (but all new autos here get them), some free oil changes and free lifetime car washes. Also got the 0.9% financing.

Black on Black. Think I'll need those free car washes. Looks like a limo, drives like a Honda!

Final cost= $17,500 (w/trade) +$875 mass tax and $249 doc fee. How did I do?

Thanks all for your valuable info.
  • lhousesoccerlhousesoccer Member Posts: 2
    Parviz: I don't know much about "internet shopping" for vehicles. How do I e-mail internet managers ? Any advice would be appreciated ! Thanks. I forgot to mention that the wheel and tire upgrade includes the original wheels and tires as well, so I'm getting 2 sets. I'd run the 18's in the summer and put the others on for the winter.
  • packer3packer3 Member Posts: 277
    Lev did the best you could, I think you got a fair shake and a great car.
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    Hey cuoinon,

Let me see if I can try to scan the paperwork of the deal that I got. I'll scan it at work tomorrow. Then, I'll send it to you.
  • iboughtaccordiboughtaccord Member Posts: 2
    ">I have been reading a lot of posts on this thread for the past two months.
    Thanks for all the great advice on the Honda Accord. I live in Orange County, CA where there are many Honda dealers.

I bought a new 2008 Accord, Sedan, Auto., LX-P from Hardin Honda on Memorial Day. It has 11 miles on the car.
    OTD price is $21,400. No finance and no trade in.
    Following is the breakdown of the price:

Price $19,618.55
    Doc fee $55.00
    7.75% CA Sales Tax $1,524.70 ( = 0.0775 * ($19,618.55 + $55) )
    License fee $128.00
    Regis./Transfer fee $65.00
    CA Tire fee $8.75
    ---------------
    OTD price $21,400.00

It seems that dealers nearby coastal cities quote a higher $ than Inland Empire cities thru internet quick quote. Following are best internet OTD offers I have received in socal:

Hardin Honda $21,400
    Honda World Downey $21,400
    Metro Honda - Montclair $21,400
    Riverside Honda $21,733
    Moss Bros $21,780
    Spreen Honda $21,890

Salespersons at Hardin Honda gave me and my wife five stars service. The process took about 4 hours because it was a very busy day for them. We got free delicious In&Out burgers when we was waiting for a salesperson available.

We have been driving Honda Accord or Toyota Camry cars for the last twenty five years. All cars lasted more than 10 years and over 200K mileages except for the current Toyota Camry 1998 with over 180K mileage. I like both Accord and Camry. I bought the Honda Accord LX-P this time because it’s rated #1 by Consumer Report and other Cars magazines. The value and the look both inside and outside are better in my opinion. The Accord is bigger, a little bit more horse power and consumes the same MPG as the Camry. I wish the Accord LX-P has a softer chair with lumbar support for the driver as in the Toyota Camry LE. I also noticed the Accord’s noise level is a little bit higher. It does not bother us. The price is about $1,400 more for Accord LX-P than Camry LE in socal.

Again, thank you very much for your help.
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    Awesome deal you got there.

That's the exact same price I got my LX-P for at Hardin Honda. Here's the post I posted a while back with the exact same detail: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef006d2/20455!keywords=#20455

Hardin Honda was awesome and their service was awesome also. They too give me 5 star service. For me, it just took me 1 hour and 30 min because it was last month. Also, because I came in within 30 minute of them opening that day.
  • furrycutefurrycute Member Posts: 33
    $21,400 OTD is a GREAT price for an LX-P.

I paid about $23,100 OTD for my LX-P here in NYC, and that was the best price I could find anywhere around where I live.

I am just curious, how come dealers in CA can sell the LX-P for so low? Because the invoice price for the LX-P is about $20,700.

And are you sure the LX-P does not have lumbar support? Haven't played with mine all that much. Have to check that out first thing tomorrow. :P
  • packer3packer3 Member Posts: 277
    Best of luck you will enjoy the car I have the same one. The sound goes away after awhile once you start enjoying the ride. What no Carl Jr's
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    ;)
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    $23,700 OTD price on an EX 4 cylinder - is this a good deal?

We don't know what your taxes or accessories are, so its hard to say.
  • markhermarkher Member Posts: 6
    I am getting ready to go negociate with the local Kansas City dealers. What is everyone paying and what kinds of deals are you getting? Thanks......
  • cobbertommiecobbertommie Member Posts: 4
    No add-ons.

Honda e-price = $21900.00
    +$1423.50 MN sales tax (6.5%)
    +$351.00 MN plates and transfer fee's
    +$50.00 dealer documentation fee
    =$23724.50 TOTAL DUE
  • johncoctoastenjohncoctoasten Member Posts: 2
    I had a similar experience last weekend, but it was a dealer mistake....

EXL V-6 quote - 25198
    Doc fee - 249
    Filing fee - 10

OTD from dealer was 25457 financed at 2.9%
    Tax and tag will be another 950 in my state which I’ll pay in cash

Total 26404

Basically, I was doing the email thing with all the local dealers (which I have had a ton of success on with the last 2 cars we have purchased) and they quoted me for the I4 instead of the V6. I confirmed through email twice that they were quoting me for EXL V6 with the price and OTD fees and they confirmed in writing... this was Saturday. Monday morning I called the internet person at the dealer and confirmed the price over the phone and told them I would be there in the afternoon. I picked out my color and test drove it. I told the salesman I was ready to talk numbers and he proceeded to take down my info, then he asked me what I was quoted by their Internet team. You should have seen the look on his face! I pulled out the printed emails and stepped him through as I confirmed the price with their Internet sales person. He verified with the manager and they went ahead and did the deal (this is when he told me what had happened on the price). I don't know how much they lost on it, but I know they didn't make anything. Do I feel bad; kind of. But, when they told me they sold 29 cars on Saturday and mine was the 21st on Monday, not so much. I'm sure they had a number of suckers in there that paid MSRP or close to it.
    Great deal and no need to feel bad!!!!
    The guy was just trying to "handle" you , that's a common practice. The price you were quoted is clearly for EXL V6. Internet price for EXL V4 would be between 23500-24300. Internet price for EX V6 would be 23300 - 24100.
  • tommystonestommystones Member Posts: 19
    $26,404 OTD? Great Price!

I Agree with 'pricerite' ... thats all dealer tactic. Don't feel bad.

-------

Here are some recent quotes I've received on the same vehicle. EX-L V6.

$27,663 OTD

$27,933 OTD

&

$27,798 OTD

Still Lookin' ........
  • cuoinoncuoinon Member Posts: 18
    Hi,
    If you can do that, it would be great.
    Thanks alot in advance
  • gujjugujju Member Posts: 2
    I bought for

$23500 OTD in Santa Clara ,CA
  • newgsnewgs Member Posts: 29
    qujju,

Great deal... Can you breakdown? I assume it is for EX4 auto in which Invoice with dest shows $22,256. You got it for way below. I believe you have a higher tax rate there. Comparing costs with SOCAL's. Thanks.
  • rv99rv99 Member Posts: 6
    Hi iboughtaccord
    Congratulations on your purchase. Where is Hardin Honda located, because they seem to be in several towns?
    Thanks.
  • trouble11trouble11 Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys,
    how do you negotiate for price,
    go online and negotiate through email or walk in the dealership
    help is appreciated as i am getting online quotes that are not even close to the prices posted here
  • iboughtaccordiboughtaccord Member Posts: 2
    Hardin Honda
    1381 S Auto Center Dr
    Anaheim, CA 92806
    http://www.hardinhonda.com

Less than two miles north of Honda Center/Anaheim NHL Mighty Duck Dome
    Less than four miles east of Disneyland

Goodluck2U! "> :)
  • d_frinkd_frink Member Posts: 9
    I am in Ohio and a dealer has given me a price of $24,396 for the Accord EX-L 4 cyl sedan automatic w/o navi. This price includes the $635 destination but does not include TTL. Do you think I should hold out for a better deal? He is telling me that his invoice is $24,296 and that he is selling it for $100 over invoice.
    Thanks
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Be sure to factor in the $250 doc fee on which the dealer will not budge.
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    A little bit high.
  • jacknibbsjacknibbs Member Posts: 17
    Took delivery of my EXL V6 Sedan last night.

$25,525 was the price including destination. I might have done a bit better but I had a trade involved and this dealership gave me the best value for my trade.

What would be the best option as far as extended warranty? The dealer offered me the 8/120k mile warranty for $1500. I know its cheaper to buy the same warranty online but are they exactly same? How else can they justify the $500 difference?
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    How can they justify it? More profit - period. A Honda Care EW is a Honda Care EW.
  • houstonaccordhoustonaccord Member Posts: 3
    Drive away price of $25,680. Is that good? Can I get a drive away price for under $25k in Houston or is that asking too much? The price quote of the car including destination was $23,945. Thanks.
  • pviser27pviser27 Member Posts: 1
    hey guys please suggest me a few quotes in the region of MA 01610
    ACCORD V6 EX-L /w NAVIGATION ,AUTOMATIC

VEHICLE INFORMATION:
    Model/Trim/Transmission: Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 Automatic Transmission with Navigation System
    Exterior Color: White Diamond Pearl
    Interior Color: Ivory Leather
    Accessories: REMOTE ENGINE START ATTACH, Wood Steering Wheel Trim — For Navigation Models, Cargo Hook, Car Cover, All-Season Floor Mats, Body Side Molding, Interior Illumination, Rear View Camera, REAR-VIEW CAMERA ATTACH, Remote Engine Starter System.

PRICE: $33096

WHAT PRICE DO YOU SUGGEST FOR SUCH CONFIGURATION in worcester massachusetts(MA).please pardon me if i m being silly, but i dont have a choice since i am non-resident US.
    An honest advice will really help, i prepared the TMV but it had no options to add so the pricing was on base model.
  • draliondralion Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I'm in Houston too. Could you tell me the dealership gave you that price? I got the lowest quote so far for $26,000 OTD. They gave me this quote and would not go down at all. Thanks...
  • asitmehtaasitmehta Member Posts: 19
    A car like that would be a pretty difficult to find. I bought the same model(Auto, EXL V6 w/Nav) a few months ago without the remote starter, backup camera, interior illumination, and wood steering for a little over $30,000 including all taxes and fees. A special order can take a while to arrive. And since summer is arriving the dealers will do anything to sell the 2008 models. I was able to get my car for $2900 below MSRP including destination charge.
  • bennett202bennett202 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a Honda accord EXV-6, MSR at $26,495, what is a good price from a Honda dealer on this car? Will they go below invoice? Thanks
  • tommystonestommystones Member Posts: 19
    jacknibbs - "$25,525 was the price including destination"

----

Great sale price! What was your OTD price? (Not including your trade-in).
  • gujjugujju Member Posts: 2
    Just bought 2008 accord LX-P From Anderson Honda for $21560 OTD

following is the break down

price -> $19588
    sales tax ->$ 1718
    License fees ->$127
    reg fees-> $64
    CA tire fees-> $8.75
  • ljgbjgljgbjg Member Posts: 374
    That seems VERY high. I paid $25,950 plus NYS sales tax for my '08 EXL V6.
    work 'em hard for deals - the economy sucks and they will be overloaded with inventory before long - or wait. Things are going to get worse and the deals much better.
  • trouble11trouble11 Member Posts: 4
    I got Honda Accord LX-P automatic with wheel locks/mud guards 21308 OTD from Northwest Honda, Owings Mills, MD with 0.9% financing.
    It was great experience. We were in and out in one hour including finance application time
    Thanks to all of you who contributed to this forum
  • houstonaccordhoustonaccord Member Posts: 3
    It does? 2K more for V6 sounds about right, no? 25.7 included TTL. I need a car soon, so I'm debating whether or not today (end of the month) at this price is better than a car two weeks from now (mid next month). What do you think?
  • ladyleahladyleah Member Posts: 5
    Thank you to all for helping me with this deal. While I have never posted before, I have been watching these boards each week before I decided to "pull the trigger" myself!!!

I did everything via email as far as negotiations. I sent out request quotes through Honda, and direct through several dealer sites. The initial round of quotes put the offers at about 28,100-28,900 (with dest.). My final price was:

Car price: $27,350 (including dest.)
    NJ State Tax (7%): $1914.50
    Doc Fee: $199
    NJ Tire TAx: $7.50
    NJ 4 yr Reg./inspt/BS $354 (its $254 for a I4 BTW)

OTD Price: $29,825.00
    (included mud guards, wheel locks, trunk tray for "free")

I thought this was pretty decent for the EXL V6 with Navi. The color is polished metal with black leather (which is what we wanted).

So- onto the dealership report. Planet Honda came in with the lowest price right off the bat-- but the people were quite scattered and I got a bad vibe (plus they have such bad ratings for customer service!). Tried to work with Paul Miller Honda and found the salesman to eventually be rude and unprofessional.

Mahwah and Sussex Honda were really great- but they couldn't get to my price.

Garden State Honda was excellent to work with (salesperson initials GB), but I ended up going with Paramus DCH because in the end they were the cheapest (their doc was $199 while GS's was $299) and they have great customer service ratings.

Although our salesman was very nice at DCH, and I made it very clear that I needed everything in writing before I came in....there was still one glitch that really made me angry. I decided to finance about 10K of the purchase because of the low apr that AHF was offering. I knew I would qualify b/c I have great credit. But after meeting w/ finance they tried to tell me that I only qualified for a 5.9% rate because the sale price of the car was "so low that we can't combine the finance offer in conjunction with it." I laughed out loud, and stood up to leave knowing that I could certainly get the same deal somewhere else. They tried to continue to explain their justification, but I said NO WAY and that if they didn't offer me the 2.9% rate I was leaving.

I won't go on and on- but about 15 minutes later they "took my deal" and offered the 2.9% rate after all-- so I bought the car. Because I was clearly displeased they gave me the mud guards, trunk tray, and wheel locks "for free." (they probably do that for everyone anyways!).

I know they are just doing their job- but it sucks to have to play those stupid games! :mad: Doing everything online and having it in writing certainly cut down the amount of BS though!

I love the car! :) Feel free to contact me with any questions! And thanks again for all the help!
  • tex08hondatex08honda Member Posts: 5
    Yes, that sounds pretty good, houstonaccord. I haven't seen many good incentives yet for this car as it is still relatively new. I paid about $26.3K drive out several months back for same configuration at R&S Honda on 610. Depending on what the dealers are getting, which is not always easy to know, you should be pretty close to invoice at that price. I never drove a V-6, but I can tell you no disappointment in the 190hp 4cyl. And $2K saved is additional gas cost for the next year, right?
    OTD of about $21,500 for an LX-P? That's a GREAT deal.

How did you get the price down this low? Because the last time I checked, the invoice price was around $20800.

I just purchased my LX-P in NYC for about $23,000 OTD. Your price beat mine for about $1,500. Did you have a trade in?
  • trailmastertrailmaster Member Posts: 1
    Purchased the EXL V6 sedan two weeks ago for $24,800 including destination which is almost $1200 below invoice. Dealer was Route 22 Honda in Hillside N.J. Their normal quote was $25,200 but went down further on a handful of cars that were approaching 90 days in inventory (dealer has to pay interest on these). Ask for Roxanne in internet sales. Traveled over one hour from N.Y. as no dealer would come close to matching this. Drove home with the car that day and financed @ .9% (was prepared to pay cash but this rate with no other fees or prepayment penalty was just to good to turn down). Very pleased with the performance and features for this price.
    That's a darn good price for an EXL-V6.

The invoice is $26,300, including destination.

I am seriously questioning my sanity here. Is everyone able to purchase their 2008 Accord significantly BELOW invoice? How did you talk the dealer into this?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    It's not your sanity that should be in question.