Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• awfpackawfpack Member Posts: 13
    I emailed about 10 dealerships and now I am down to 3 of them with the best prices. I have not talked to any of them yet. How should i go about getting the best deal. They all are about 100 bucks apart. I got quotes on EX L 4 cyl No Navi
    about 25,700 OTD everything plus deck lid spoiler and wind deflector for sunroof
    Thanks for any help
    Robby
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    This is only a thousand less than a V6 OTD.
  • furrycutefurrycute Member Posts: 33
    I just purchased my LX-P about two weeks ago in NYC.

My price including destination was just a bit over $21,000. Total OTD price (NY state sales tax 8.375%) was about $23,000. No trade in.

I think it is a very decent price.
  • winblowswinblows Member Posts: 1
    Ok I finally bought my coupe ex in San Antonio, TX, thanks to all who posted info on this forum.
    I didn't get the best price ever b/c I didn't want to waste my time hassling over the price.
    $22500 + TTL (paint protection, unlimited powertrain warranty, interior illumination included)

few side notes...
    1) I've always wanted to get a deck lid trunk spoiler because the rear end looks like something is missing without one like V6 (this was the only thing I disliked about accord compared to altima coupe). But dealer wouldn't install it for me since Honda doesn't offer it as an accessory. Only the wing spoiler is available for 4-cyl coupes but I hated its look. I ended up getting one on eBay (genuine honda part too!), installed it myself, and it looks AWESOME and costs way less than the dealer-installed wing spoilers. Highly recommended for 4 cyl coupes.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F- - - - %2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26sat- - - - itle%3D190226866281%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=190226866281

2) For those who consider getting an interior illumination, I don't think it worth the $100+. It's really dim and you can hardly notice it unless its really dark outside.
    If you want something more bright, get an aftermarket neon or something.
  • antihoneyantihoney Member Posts: 6
    I got the quotes on EX-L AT V4 W/O NAVI:
    23600+ Tax & lic

lx-p 2.4l AT
    20170+ttl

ex 2.4l at
    21721 +ttl

How do you guys think about this price? dESTINATION FEES ARE INCLUDED. I want to drive there to pull the trigger tomorrow if I can cut several hundreds on the EX-L.
  • ksgmepksgmep Member Posts: 1
    LA, CA

~$25,500 OTD; my first car purchase, pretty excited!
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Just curious, was that at Benson Honda? Noticed that they are offering the unlimited powertrain warranty.
  • synergy3synergy3 Member Posts: 16
    very good, avg i've seen for ex at = 22,500
  • brutus19brutus19 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought my Accord yesterday. Hope this helps someone:

4 cyl EX-L sedan with Navi & Auto trans.

Vehicle price.....$25,700 ($300 over invoice)
    Destination............$635
    Options*..............$1672 (includes installation)
    Fee + tags............$258
    ----------------------------------------
    Total..................$28,265 (before OH tax)

*options I chose: rear view camera, deck lid spoiler, interior LED lighting, all season mats, trunk tray, splash guards, 1st aid kit

Had to have the rear view camera after test driving the 2009 Acura TSX and Infinity G35X. I didn't get one of those cars because the back seat of the Accord has more room for my 3 kids and they use premium gas. G35X was awesome but gets much worse mileage. The Accord was a good value and left me $$$ to buy a monster 1080p LCD TV! Looking forward to the Accord reliability.

Thanks to all of the posters out there. Your discussions helped me in my negotiation. Not sure if I got rock bottom pricing, but a good value to my family nonetheless.
  • scottrlscottrl Member Posts: 15
    Hello.

I just purchased an 08 Accord EX-L 4cyl, auto, no-navi. Price of the car was $23,792 including destination. Fees were $95 for title and doc fee, and another $199 for etched glass and wheel locks and another $99 to be member of their service discount program. Not sure if that was worth it. +7% RI sales tax on top of that brought the OTD number to around $25,800 or $25,900 which included everything, the state registration fee of $55 included too. This was all with the .9% 36 month Honda financing. Great rate in my opinion. The price of the car could have been $400 less if I didn't go with Honda .9% or 2.9% financing. So that's something to consider when seeing all the prices on here. The savings in interest between .9% offered by Honda for 36 months, or 2.9% 60 months, vs. AAA at 4.24% outweigh the $400 price reduction so need to look longer term, not just today's price in my opinion. If you're buying cash, look for the lesser price and perhaps mention during negotiation you don't need financing from Honda.

I knew which car I wanted after test driving, then requested quotes from some area dealers. Because the dealer is close to home I went with the in town Honda dealer. I think I got a good deal, sounds like a few folks were able to get a few hundred shaved off (23,600 for car vs. my 23,792) but not sure if those prices are with the AHFC .9% 36 month or 2.9% 60 month rates. I hope I didn't leave too much on the table... any feedback appreciated. Thanks.
    Thx, when you say 22500, is it price before freight? that means the base price would be 22500+635=23135.
  • socalhondasocalhonda Member Posts: 24
    I just purchased a 2008 Accord EX-L Sedan 4 cyl,auto, no navi including destination charge for $23,000 plus tax and title here in Los Angeles at Honda of Hollywood. I used the internet (8 dealerships) and the dealers were all pretty quick about responding w/ offers and they were all close in their price quotes. I got the 2.9% financing so if any dealer tells you you can't combine their offer with the 2.9%, go to another dealer. (assuming you have excellent credit to qualify)

The dealer had wheel locks and mud flaps on the car and told me in my quote I would have to pay $205 for this but when they wrote up the offer at the dealer, they "forgot" to include it so it was included in my price of $23,000. I was in and out of the dealership in two hours total. It would have been quicker but this dealership has an extremely small lot and stores their cars in an underground garage a few blocks away, so it took about 30 minutes to bring the car to the lot to see. I didn't test drive since I had done so previously. Very low pressure and no surprises in the write up, I paid what they promised me. They did offer lojack and extended warranty but I declined and they didn't pressure me at all. I picked up the car the next day and am enjoying it.
  • edliu128edliu128 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought the Accord EX 4 Cyl Automatic yesterday at Autowest Honda in Fremont CA for $21,471 for everything before tax and registration. OTD was $23,544 with all the extra fees. Also got 1.9% APR finance due to being a first time car buyer, otherwise I can get the 0.9% APR. This is the best deal I found through out the bay area after searching for about 1 month. John Kurtz was the sales guy, he quoted me this price through email and I went there and bought it without any haggling.
    just back from Hardin Honda,23100 base price including freight, i paid 100 bucks more than yours,I went with the 0.9% finance without downpayment. Compared you have wheel lock and mud flaps installed, I think you got better deal than me, probably 200 buck less.
  • scottrlscottrl Member Posts: 15
    23,000 for the EXL sounds like a great price. I paid 23,792 for the same... I heard from multiple dealers (East Coast/New England area) that I could not combine the financing with the great pricing. I'm guessing I left some money on the table by not pushing and working the dealerships against each other.
  • rumblebumblerumblebumble Member Posts: 7
    I used email.

I identified all dealers within a certain radius. The Honda site usually gives the name of the internet manager, but no email information.

I then went to the dealer site to try to get that information. Generally successful, but sometimes not. Googling the name also worked sometimes.

Then I sent out an email (or used the dealer website form for those where I did not have contact information).

I chose not to start with a price, because I wanted to generate some action. And, to be honest, the price I ended up getting was better than what I had originally expected.

I received responses from several dealers and worked with the two who came in most aggressive.

Email said:

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Nav within the next few days and am checking in with local dealers on availability and pricing.

If interested, please provide me with a price quote.

Please be sure to provide me specifics around:

- Price, including destination charges.
    - Dealer fees.
    - Registration fees.
    - Dealer specific benefits/services: free/discounted service, etc.

Also, please be sure to let me know what factory-dealer or factory-customer incentives are included in the pricing.

I will most likely pay cash, but if there are any financing promotions I should be aware of, please let me know. I am most interested in Polished Metal/Gray interior but might also consider Alabaster Silver/gray as well as a black interior.

Email is best for me, but please also feel free to call me on my mobile at any time.

Thank you,
    John Doe
  • personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    Nice letter. How many dealers were forthcoming about Honda-to-dealer incentives?
  • r0yaltyr0yalty Member Posts: 13
    I recently purchased one for $23,029 + TTL and financed for 2.9% with honda in southern california.
    Try out Moss Bros. in Moreno Valley. I got me ex v6 from there. they had the lowest internet price and gave me 2.9% honda financing. Even though i was pre approved from the credit union for 4.86% - i didn't even tell them about my own financing, cuz i told them i was only there for the internet price & 2.9%.
    It's best for you to email or call the closest 10 or more Honda dealerships around you to get the best price.
  • pjnolanpjnolan Member Posts: 1
    This is my first car purchase ever. I live in Cleveland, OH. I am thinking about purchasing a 2008 Honda Accord 4 Door, 4cyl. What is the going rate OTD? I don't want to get screwed over by being an uneducated buyer.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter would like to talk to consumers who are in the market for (or have recently purchased) a Honda as a result of high gas prices. Please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information, as well as your current vehicle and the Honda you have purchased or are considering no later than Tuesday, June 10th.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to talk to consumers who are in the market for (or have recently purchased) a Honda as a result of high gas prices. Please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information, as well as your current vehicle and the Honda you have purchased or are considering no later than Tuesday, June 10th.

Thanks,

Jonathan Wahl
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hondasdhondasd Member Posts: 13
    I am looking to buy a LX-P model. The best price I get is $21983 OTD from a dealer near LA. It is 500 less than what I get from San Diego. However, I saw you guys get better deal than me, like $21000 something. Could you give me some advices about how to negotiate the price or any dealers you recommend?
  • 07pilot4me07pilot4me Member Posts: 52
    wait till the end of the month, dealers seemingly are more eager to come down on their price at that time.

i too am looking at trading in my gas guzzler (nope, not the pilot) for an LX-P

fortunately i can wait till the aug/sept time frame, will aim for the end of those months as well.
  • hondasdhondasd Member Posts: 13
    That's a good advice to wait until the end of month. I will try to get quote from dealers on the last week of June to see if I can get better price. I also remember someone post the best price that got in the end of month. Maybe they have to get their goals in the end of every month just like some cell phone dealer. The cell phone dealers have to open enough lines to matain your quality to fulfill the requirements of wireless company.
    We got a great deal on the EX-L V6, came back and got another vehicle the next day...price agreed upon and shook upon for 2nd vehicle - EX-L was $23,495 (this was for my family members)...

BUT the contract they signed was $24,495...contacted dealer once we got home regarding error on contract, they said they will look into it but that is the correct price. I have quotes from others at same price AND wrote down 23,495 and it is the price we shook on (4 people present), we were at the dealer for 5+ hours, I think everyone was exhausted and just didn't read contract correctly. We are buying a Civic EX-L this week and have 2 more friends looking to buy Accords, are we done for on this or do you think the dealer will correct this, knowing there is further business to come?

:cry:
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    You first need to decide which trim-level you'd like. LX, LX-P, EX, EX-L, or EX-L with Navigation. Honda's website will help you. Click here to be linked to the website, with different trim levels, and prices.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I assume this is an Accord sedan EX-L AT in question? Current invoice is $24,177 so $24,495 would just be an OK price, $23,495 would be a little hard to believe to be correct. Now if they were going to stick a huge doc fee on top of the price or that did not include destination, then I can see that as correct price - but otherwise I would think it was a mistake.

Basically if they signed the contract and took delivery then they paid what they signed and "too bad" for them. How would you like it if your dealer called you up and said "Synergy3, we made a mistake on your Accord deal and sold it to you for $1,000 too little. Please come back in and pay us the $1,000 extra and sign a new contract. Thanks" ? You would laugh them right off the phone and just keep driving your new car.

Folks do make mistakes, but the time to catch them is before you sign the paperwork and not afterward. If the dealer made an honest mistake then I am sure they will fix it. Otherwise, I guess they could "lose" money on this deal to get other deals but they will just make it up on those with higher prices.

The real question is why on earth would you spend 5 hours at a dealer's lot? I think in my last 3 or 4 deals COMBINED I was not on the lot for 5 hours. You make the deal over the phone or via e-mail and get everything worked out, then you show up, inspect and test drive, sign the papers (which match what you worked out prior - to the penny) and drive off.

Dennis
    The real question is why on earth would you spend 5 hours at a dealer's lot? I think in my last 3 or 4 deals COMBINED I was not on the lot for 5 hours. You make the deal over the phone or via e-mail and get everything worked out, then you show up, inspect and test drive, sign the papers (which match what you worked out prior - to the penny) and drive off.

Some people want to test drive before ever considering making a deal.
    Actually I think he did mention taking a test drive :)
    I know it... after making the deal!

I've always known the car shopping experience to go something like this.

1.) Show up at lot, look
    2.) Test Drive
    3.) Make Deal
    4.) Sign
    5.) Leave
    I could see that scenario happening - the sales guy said he misquoted using the MT as the base number but my family members are fairly pissed despite explaining the total invoice with destination being around $24,000. I've read up on once signed, you are done but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience where the dealer went back and corrected it despite it having an impact on commissions and potential loss of $...also on the contract 24,495 I am wondering how that number was given despite never hearing it.

When I got my V6 it was about 1.5 hours, this time it took so long because (family members) went in looking for a LX-P, then EX, then finally settling on the EX-L given the fact that quotes was only 1k more for the L version.

They've treated us very nice giving the free tint, locks, guards on both vehicles but this may be a matter of "we can't change it now". I am thinking the sales guy (internet/fleet) may have just misquoted and final number was at invoice or a tad over, but see that some people on this forum are getting same at below, so really I can't say for sure
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    I am thinking of buying an EX-L without navigation this week. Besides the navi are then other options people are commonly getting at the dealer? Do these things sell below invoice, at invoice, just above, what's reasonable to expect? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    With the assumption that the dealers are selling the 4 cylinder models with ease and thus need a little help to sell the 6 cyls right now how much of a real world price difference is there on the 4 v. the 6 right now?
  • wordupwordup Member Posts: 3
    Got OTD price of about 26,104.38

can anyone give me comments about this

this is stock no dealer added options

wheel locks would be extra 83
  • sreeysreey Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I got 2008 Accord LX-P with blue tooth, wheel locks intalled for $21,414.00 (OTD)
    from Phanka in MD. please let me know if Ipaid right price.
  • personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    Well, I think some states have a 72-hour "buyer's remorse" period for just such a situation. Check with your state attorney general's office. Please note that I am NOT suggesting that the dealer did anything criminal, just that some states take into consideration general sales practices that can be out there and, as a consumer protection initiative, might provide some protection in this regard.
  • 07pilot4me07pilot4me Member Posts: 52
    that looks to be a good otd price. i believe here in Ca. , the lowest i have seen OTD is 21,3xx . someone help me out here.

i think that is a good price, sure gives me hope that they will go lower when i purchase around aug/september
  • rtanalgortanalgo Member Posts: 3
    hello everyone!!! im planning to buy honda accord exl 4 cylinder automatic at the end of this month. i have leased 2005 honda civic ex special edition which will end this month, they appraise it for 11000. i can trade in the civic, which i will. The dealer is giving me 24000 for the accord 08 EXL Here is my question:
    1 what is the best price for 2008 accord EXL?
    2 how much should i get for the civic?
    3 how to get low apr? i have credit score of 699.

thank you!! any tips or adviced is appreciated. god bless! :confuse:
    I must be getting senile then in my old age as I thought the sequence listed was show up, inspect and test drive, sign the papers, drive out. Call me slow but who would would test drive a vehicle and then sign the papers if they didn't like the vehicle. The only difference I saw was that the deal was already made prior to arrival.
  • al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
    Two quotes at 24,062 told that was invoice and Edmunds has about that exact price or very close.
    Bought for 23,705 incl. freight.
    with splash guards, stripes.

About 300 under invoice. This is in St. Louis area and varies by area.
    Also have Acura TSX and this is close to that car but TSX is still a cut above in my personal opinion only overall driving experience. Traded 2007 CRV for Accord-long story but it did not cost me much to trade after selling it privately. CRV great got 31 mpg on pure interstate in fall no air or heat on at 70 mph. probably no wind either. Have got 34 mpg on TSX on same trip.
    08 Accord is in my opinion so different than 07 in a better way.
    Internet salesperson at St. Louis Honda was the place.
  • gismapgismap Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the update. I am targeting the exact same car (although I had to be converted to the leather). I am planning on buying by the end of June in the St. Louis area. The last Honda we bought was purchased from Stephen Vincel using the internet to request quotes. It was a really smooth purchase. The price quoted at that time, 2004, was the one the gave when I walked in. I don't think we were in the dealership more than 1 1/2 hour.

Hope this goes as smoothly.
  • socalhondasocalhonda Member Posts: 24
    Here in Los Angeles almost all dealers add on wheel locks and mud flaps for around $200 but I just made them take that off my price when I bought my EX-L last week.
    what was your final price? and was it the coupe?
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I think you got a really good price. I bought a LX automatic just over two months ago and paid little over $20K (OTD). When doing my research, I figured that paying more than $1000 for a LX-P is not a got deal. So in other words, if you can get a LX-P for around $21-21,500K, its a good deal. Congratulations on your Accord. Its a really nice car and you made a excellent choice. This is my first Accord I have ever bought. Best two months of car ownership I have ever had.
    Is this a good price OTD 26,104.38
  • dnhxdnhx Member Posts: 7
    I live in the Dallas area and every Honda dealer I have been to all have multiple dealer add ons on all the cars. I am looking for a coupe but see these on every car in the lot. The common three add ons are "hand painted" pin stripes, a "pro" package with mats, wheel locks, and then the paint sealant and scotch guard.

Obviously these all have a high dealer mark up (some dealers more than others,2x to 3x) and the price can be negotiated on, but its not about the cost, but the appearance of the car, I'd rather not have a car with any add-ons that can't be removed, like the pin stripes,

Wondering if that is the case everywhere or just in TX.

thanks
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Look at it from the dealer's prespective. They sold a car and now the buyer is trying to renegotiate the price...and promising additional business if he does so.

There's a reason why contracts over a certain amount must be in writing to be enforceable - to avoid situation like this.

If your family truly believes the dealership pulled a fast one - take your business elsewhere. If not, buy from them again but read the contract before signing.
  • i3aoi3ao Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys I just got a quote online from a dealer in MD of $25,641 + ttl for the 6mt v6. Is this a good quote? I know it is a bit above invoice and I'm wondering if they'll bite for $25,000.