Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• duke23duke23 Member Posts: 488
    Possibly a good deal , let's see but I would need all the particulars. Most would add the TT&L plus all dealer crap fee's into the otd however. So breaking down the deal , you can buy the LX for $19,000 including destination.

$19,000 Accord LX ( AT?) makes a difference. Incl dest.
    + $620 dealer fee's
    -------------------------
    $19,620
    -$1,000 gas card
    $380 ( online hc ew) /5 = $76 * 2 = $152. Std warranty is 3/36 free so benefit to you , if you consider it cash worthy is 2/24 free.
    -$152
    -------------
    $18468

For an at, a decent deal for mt, not so good. Unfortunately your tax will be based on the $19,600 so, $1176. T&l I'll guesstimate at $120-150. So your real otd, $20,946. With $1,152 of freebies for a net price of $19,794 otd. I'd say negotiate it more below invoice, tell the dealer no way you're paying the crap fees and he can keep his freebies. Most likely he is using the promo's to distract the buyer that the deal is going over invoice.
  • accordfeveraccordfever Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    Who did you deal with at Autowest? Also, how did you get such a good deal? Do you think how you financed it mattered? Thanks - I'm hoping to buy one this week in the Sac area.
  • cuvangcuvang Member Posts: 31
    Hi everyone,
    first time poster. I live in Southern California. I got a quote from Norm Reeves Honda in HB for EXL auto 4 cyn. $ 24000 even OTD $26,189. Can I get better price than this? I have not check around yet, still waiting for emails from other dealers. If you guys have a better deal, let me know. thks
  • socalhondasocalhonda Member Posts: 24
    Check out my post back on June 6 or 7th. You can do better. Try Hardin Honda in Anaheim or Honda of Hollywood. You can get alot better deal....good luck
  • rkurlanderrkurlander Member Posts: 58
    The 2009 Accords begin production around August 1 and should begin arriving by August 10. The Benton Harbor, Michigan dealer has no clue.
  • duke23duke23 Member Posts: 488
    " I suspect Larryallen is the salesman you dissed.

Sadly no. I am the only occupation lower than a car salesman... a lawyer. "

A lawyer who will crack a lawyer joke on himself is all right in my book. Btw why sharks won't bite lawyers? Professional courtesy.
    Hi
    thks for a quick response. I called the internet dept. saleman P. told me to call him early next Friday for better pricing. I think you got $23,000 plus tax, lic. thats pretty good. I will let you know
  • allenchuahallenchuah Member Posts: 3
    hello there,
    can you tell me further where and how you get the deal for LX-P around bay area? and did u pay full price or installment? Any helps would be appreciated. Thanks
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    Sorry for the late reply, have been out of the forum for awhile :)
    I have the EXL V6 w/ Navi which I bought for $27700 (plus some options, you may do a search on my previous posts that has the info). This was in December, dealer was Grace Honda in san Bruno. Let me know of you want more info and I will provide. Good luck.
    I think you should work directly with each dealership's internet manager. Even if they all belong to the same mega chain company, their financing, sales contest, etc. are independent and I would think you will get a better deal working with the person who is closely connected to the sales floor!
    Here is the Livermore email ad I got for today:
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L sedan w/auto transmission
    MSRP........................................................$26,495.00
    Weekend special price.............................$23,295.00
    H80403 H80446 H80488
    The ad says that the sale ends on 7/7/2008 but I think if you like the price and contact them they will go for it. You should also be able to get same savings on the LX-P. Also try Grace Honda or Stevens Creek Honda, they were close when I was buying mine.
  • jdbowenatbamajdbowenatbama Member Posts: 3
    I have a 1997 Honda Accord with 190000 miles. Lately its been running hot, only in the city (at redlights though) When I'm driving on the highway its fine. Ive replaced the a/c cooling fan and the engine cooling fan. I've also replaced the thermostat gauge, and flushed the radiator. It still runs hot at stop lights, I have no idea what the problem is or how to go about fixing it.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    This is the "Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience" forum. You might want to look elsewhere for the answer to your question.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    It looks like you found the right discussion in Maintenance and Repair... If you don't get an answer there, try this one:

Cooling Systems -- Problems & Solutions (Radiator, Fan, etc)

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kewlkarimkewlkarim Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I know this is about buying experience, but i haven't bought yet. but with your help, i hope to buy soon.
    i'm intrested to find out how much people paid for the following. or if you know how much i should pay for it.

2008 Honda Accord
    Body: Coupe
    Color (int'/ext'): Black / Black
    Trim: EX-L Nav'
    Engine: V6
    Transmission: automatic
    Dealership name/location: Houston, TX, USA
    i would also like to get remote start installed.

if you know how much i should pay for this, please let me know. Thank you.
  • qqcoppinqqcoppin Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I would like to get a Accord LX 4-door with auto transmission. I am living in MD.
    The tax here is 6%. Does anyone buy the LX recently? How much do you pay ood?
    Anyone has recommed for dealership in MD/VA/DC?

Thank you
  • rbk3rbk3 Member Posts: 34
    Don't know if this is a good deal or not so good deal, but I woke up this morning smiling.

Accord EX 21900 before Tax & License. I was able to choose my color and had the dealer locate and deliver for an extra 150. I could have purchased the LX-P for 20500.

I test drove the car Sat. Negotiated a price on Sunday. Showed up late 7pm Monday to see the car, invoice and price breakdown. At the last minute I asked the Internet/Salesperson to have the used car manager look at my possible trade in, a 2002 VW Passat. He asked me what number I had in mind. I said 7000 would be great. They came back with 6000. Finally we settled on 6250. My real number that I expected to hear based on miles, condition, electrical issues, etc was 4000 to 5000. If I kept it and tried to sell it myself my asking price would have been 6000. Finally I made it to the finance guy. I told him .9 % or I walk. It took him 20 seconds to find .9% for me.

In summary... Did I get a good deal. To me yes. To some of you yes yes yes. And to some I no. It all depends on if you wake up the next morning smiling about your deal.

Sorry it was long, but I hope this helps someone.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Sounds good to me, and I'm in AL, where prices should be a little lower.
    Thats some clever negotiation technique. Prices in Socal is just not that low. I am still waiting for mine with similar deal. Thks
  • noch08noch08 Member Posts: 1
    HI -

I just got (7/7/08) a 2008 I4 EX-L from Spirit Honda (El Monte) for:

$23397. + 670 (dest fees).

You should ask for Tom or David in the internet/fleet department, I already knew what car I wanted so I negotiated the whole deal over the phone (while I was selling my old car) and went over, completed all the contracts and financing in 1 hour!

Being a younger female, it can be intimidating to buy a car (especially because they think you don't know anything), but really those guys made it super easy for me.

I was talking to people at Goudy, Miller, Colonial, Pasadena and Spirit beat them all.

Go see them - it is no pressure and no haggle - don't see the floor sales guys - contact the internet dept first, tell them the deal you are looking for and only go in if they can match it!
    noch08

I also enquired about the EX-L V6, but forgot the exact price quote. Your numbers sound real close to what I remember. I think it was 3500+ minus Taxes & Lic over the LX-P price of 20500. They were real firm on the EX-L's and did'nt budge. The EX-L is a nice auto for that price.
  • twotonetommytwotonetommy Member Posts: 35
    TO: mplshondadlr or isellhondas

Now that Honda has released the dealer incentives/rebates for the month of July, can you please share the breakdown as you have done for previous months?

Thanks
    Twotone
  • bl3bl3 Member Posts: 1
    For anyone interested, I picked up an EX-L V6 (no nav) for 27,800.00 OTD and 0.9% financing on 7/7 Livermore Honda. Received matching / email offers from 3 other dealerships in the East Bay / Central Valley area. No hassles at all.
  • gismapgismap Member Posts: 12
    Honda has raised the interest rates by 1% on each of the terms. I don't know about any other promotions.
  • lclementelclemente Member Posts: 2
    Ok, how did I do....
    EX-L sedan auto with 4 oil changes, cargo net, new tags in NY(8.375% tax)

26240 otd.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Hello Twotone,
    The APR went up to 1.9 (36 months) or 3.9 (60 months). No dealer cash, no double super-secret advertising assistance. There is a contest through the end of August, but it's for the owner/gm trip to Africa -- no cash award.
    thanks for your reply Mplshondadlr.

I was hoping for some cash incentives since I plan to buy in cash. So based on your post does this mean that these incentives apply for July and August and I should not expect anything different for August?

Thanks
    Twotone
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    All incentives are from 07/08 - 09/02. I would guess based on a recent increase in sales, Honda will not offer and dealer cah on the Accords for some time.
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    I've shopped EX-Ls (4) automatics in the Chicagoland area. Dealers are offering $800 below invoice. The dealers here are loaded to the gills with these cars. With the 2009s coming out in August, I'm thinking its better to wait then have a one year old car and only save $800.
  • al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
    I use to think the same thing, but it came down to would I rather have a real low, low mileage 08 in a few years to trade or sell or a real high mileage 09.
    I always go with the low mileage but I trade pretty often.
    I concur. I'm certainly not an expert like some of the authors on this post but, if 08's are on a dealers lot when 09's come out, I don't see any way you can work out a deal anywhere close to 800 below invoice. It's been my experience that popular new models are not discounted much the 1st 6 months. Like I said I'm not an expert. The only way I see heavy discounts on Honda's is if sales slow to a trickle and with all the SUV's I see on the road, parking lots and driveways I don't see an end for quite a few years. The bottom line is don't pay more then 500 + or - invoice and you're in the ballpark. You can get the best deal on the 08 for sure, but you are limiting your selection for options, color and interior.
  • tsc2tsc2 Member Posts: 5
    what do you think about this quote?
  • mcbuyermcbuyer Member Posts: 21
    That's been my problem for months now. '08 Accord EX-L MT, 4cyl. And even worse, my second choice '08 Civic EX-L MT never set foot on the dealership. Seems that most people don't want MT especially on EX-Ls. Anyone tried ordering a vehicle without getting bent over in price? I was exploring that option back in early June but was told it would probably not arrive in time for the 0.9% financing promotion (which ended 7/07/08). May wait on the '09 now.
  • cdcruizer05cdcruizer05 Member Posts: 21
    That a super duper great deal! An EX for 21900 that what our LX-P's are selling for in fact i have seen some dealership advertising their LX models at that price!

Man you really lucked out! Great Job!
  • cdcruizer05cdcruizer05 Member Posts: 21
    What credit score did Honda Financial use for you? Those that have been approved? Looking to buy a Honda Accord LX-P or EX if i can get a good deal!
    Needashower... what dealerships have you been dealing with that are offering this price?
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    Grand Honda originally offered $800 under and Lisle matched it.
  • ehessehess Member Posts: 2
    Bought my Honda Accord EXL-V6 (No Nav) for $27,497 at Route 22 Honda out the door a month ago. Excluding Sales Tax ($1764.50), Destination, Plates/Registration, Millenium Package, and annoying $299 documentation fee, I paid $24,165. Had a good experience there.

Hope this helps.
    Sounds like 24050 before tax, plus some extras. Not bad at all. Not sure what NY market is for the EX-L, but dealers are pretty proud of them in NORCAL.
    I got a call from them its not David or Tom he did not want to quote over the phone. I told him to email the price. thks
  • hcelishcelis Member Posts: 1
    Hello there. I live in El Monte and wanted to know if you were able to pick the color you wanted. I am looking for a black ext and black int 2008 honda accord. What was the total price you paid out the door for your accord? Thank you very much.

hcelis@usc.edu
  • satiresatire Member Posts: 71
    On 7/3 I purchased an EX-L Auto w/o Navi at Manly Honda in Santa Rosa. I really don't want to divulge the price as I didn't get a great deal and I'm sure you all would make fun of me. But I know I was within $500-$750 of the best they could do and by the time we got to that point, all I wanted was my car and to get the heck out of there.

But what I do want to share are a couple of things I found of interest. Manly had 95 Accords available on that day. I was assured that was not enough inventory to hold them over until the 2009s arrived.

They had no 4 cylinders with Navigation. Apparently that combo is impossible to find right now. Or at least in Northern California.

Know not the exact numbers, but they said they had less than a two week inventory of Civics.

When I met with the finance guy (and he was pretty cool) he said Honda is cracking down on dealers selling extended warranties at a big discount. There's a reason for that. Honda will now fully refund the entire price paid for the extended warranty if you don't ever have to use it. A variety of options were available. I chose 7 years with 100K miles. He originally quoted $2,400. But since I'm special (this was my seventh Honda product) he lowered it to $1,850 and that still includes the money back guarantee. Probably still too high but pretty much risk free.

Overall it was a good experience. But I just hate shopping for a new car.
  • socalhondasocalhonda Member Posts: 24
    If you live in Corona, try Hardin Honda in Anaheim, they do have good deals. Their internet dept. is good. I did end up buying my EX-L at Honda of Hollywood since I live closer to that dealer but hardin has a good rep. based on postings from others who have purchased there.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    I have seen that same warranty from Honda dealers online for half that price of $1,850.00.

If they didn't do you any favors on the car or the warranty - why buy from them?

If you just wanted the car and to "get the heck out of there"-i t sounds like they successful used the "tried and true method" of "wearing you down" so you would cave in to their terms.

Don't know about you-but $500.00 to $750.00 is a lot of money. That would have bought the extended warranty online from another dealer. So you paid (in your own words) $750.00 too much for the car-and another $750.00 too juch for the warranty. That's $1,500.00 big ones.

However, enjoy your car!
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    Obviously you overpaid and I am sorry. That's your choice. Some people don't like the hassle of the deal and I can appreciate that. However, do not ever listen to the BS lines the dealer gives you about inventory, "cost", etc.... They are generally LYING to you and who cares about all that. In a situation like that you have to walk away and let them call you later. Look at what others are paying in norCal and you should pay the same. Most every single dealer will get to a similar number if you push it a little bit. I have lived in Sonoma county before (hence my user name - that of the most famous Sonoma State "alum") and can assure you cars can be bought there for the same prices as the Bay Area proper. NEVER listen to the sales guys or their "managers."
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    An EX-L with a manual is such an oddball car I don't know why Honda bothers making them. These are such poor sellers that most stores won't order any.

You will probaby get a better deal on an automatic and when you go to sell it or trade it in down the road, it'll be MUCH more desirable than a 5 speed. Used five speed Accords are cars few people want.

Just something to think about.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Why be a spoil sport?

Some people actually feel good about their purchase until someone else rains on their parade by telling them they "overpaid".

Life is short...
  • mcbuyermcbuyer Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I've been told this by a couple of salesmans. The ones that I dealt with were well informed, courteous and professional. The thing is, my wife and I love driving manual transmission vehicles. My wife more so than I. I'm still driving my '96 Accord MT that I bought brand new. Do you think there's a big difference in price (trade-in\private sale) between a MT and AT on a vehicle that's 10-12 years old? (not being snooty, just asking an honest question) I'd figure most of the depreciation would make that gap less than $500.
    I nearly "settled" for an '08 EX-L Auto prior to 7/07/08 because of the 0.9 APR, but I figured I'm going to be driving that car for a while so I better really like it. Otherwise I'd trade it in in a few years. At which point leasing may be a better option. Who knew there were so many variables in acquiring (purchasing/leasing) a vehicle.
    If you and the wife like MT then by all means go for it. My belief is you can get a great deal if you find the dealer with the color and options that you want. If you keep the car for over 5 years the value difference after trade or sale would be minimal compared to the enjoyment you and the Mrs will have. It's the mileage, condition and tires that matter when you buy used transportation. Someone will always buy a low priced used car with MT in excellent condition etc.

With that said, I remember hearing a dealer say they have only sold 4 MT Accords YTD. I have no idea if it's true or not.

Buy the car that you and the wife will enjoy. Trust the authors of this forum, it's not just about getting the best deal. It's about felling good about the car you purchased. Years ago I bought a new Blazer (I was taken for the biggest ride), it wasn't that I over paid for the vehicle that PMO, it was that I settled or was talked into buying the wrong color and option package.

What state are you looking in? There were MT's at the dealer in NORCAL over the weekend.
  • yahu76yahu76 Member Posts: 3
    Bought the I4 EX-L (no Nav) for 23,347 plus TTL in Benton Harbor, MI. Shopped in Chicago and pretty much all the dealers are offering $800 or so below invoice. The car I bought was traded in from a Chicago dealer and thus came loaded with accessories at no cost to me :shades: .