Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mcbuyermcbuyer Member Posts: 21
    These sound like excellent #s, especially if destination is included.

Good Luck.
  • cuvangcuvang Member Posts: 31
    The EXL V6 no Nav I was quoted in SoCal was $25,500(des. included) plus TTL and I thinks there is a little room for negotiation. I bought my EXL 4 cyn $23,000 plus ttl OTD $25,098 in CA. Don't pay for things that you don't need or use. Find another dealer. Trust me, they all need our business right now. Dealers are making $, just not alot like before that's all. good luck.
  • epvfsepvfs Member Posts: 2
    gmanandge, you have got a great price. Could you please tell me the name of your sales person at Curry Honda in Chicopee MA. The price quote i got from them is $21,990.71 (Price includes Destination Charge). Thank you in advance.
  • epvfsepvfs Member Posts: 2
    gmanandge, I mentioned your quote. But they need me to provide your name to match it. I would apprecite it very much if you can send your name to epvfs@yahoo.com. Thank you.
    Which dealer did you go to? There are plenty of Accords out there and you should not buy for the extra stuffs if you dont want to. Deal with the internet dept first on the exact car, then be friendly but firm on what you dont want or want on a car and price. Most salesman respect that knowing that you are serious about buying their car. Most importantly, take your time.
  • pinellasfunpinellasfun Member Posts: 6
    A few Florida specific questions here... (It's after the fact, but I have time to make corrections)...

We bought the Accord EX-L V6 Auto (no nav) with Auto Dimming Mirror added (my request) and agreed on a "cash price" of $28,500 out the door. Asked for no other dealer add-ons and that was agreed by both parties up front.

When we arrived, the one we picked out already had a couple of extras on it - mud flaps, trunk tray, and locking lugs. Dealer agreed to sell us that car at the same price... He wanted a sale and we were ready to buy if we didn't pay any extra for these little add-ons. No problem. Everyone is happy.

We are happy with our purchase decision and the way we were treated by the dealership (Venice Honda, Venice Florida). The out the door "cash" price did land at $28,500 right on the nose just like we agreed, but I have three questions...

We were prepared to pay cash, but at the last minute we sprung financing on them since Honda was offering 3.9% for 60 months. They added $101.85 for Florida Doc Stamps on the lien. We had agreed on a cash price, so I can see their point that they didn't want to eat that extra $101.85, but I just wanted to make sure that doc stamps had to be paid to the state on a title lien. I thought doc stamps were restricted to real estate for the most part. Had we borrowed from, say, a credit union, would they have charged us the doc stamps or would they have likely paid them?

Also, since we decided to put absolutely nothing down (didn't hand them a penny), we opted for a GAP insurance policy which they charged $399.00 for. Can I get 3rd party GAP cheaper? I have a 30 day window to cancel the GAP I bought from the dealer and wonder if I should shop that around.

Finally, the dealer strongly encouraged us to consider an extended warranty which we declined for now. The HondaCare 7yr/120k/$0deduct warranty was quoted at $1880. Very expensive, I think. When I shopped around in advance, I found the warranty available much cheaper if you live anywhere in the country except Florida. The Dealer says that in Florida, the Florida Insurance Commission has tight controls on the warranties and all the dealers have to sell them at the same agreed price or they're violating some Florida law and the agreed price for that warranty offering was $1880 -- and he couldn't budge from that number. If that's the case, the Florida Insurance Commission can kiss my... well... That's a rediculous law. Is there any validity to this claim? The same warranty elsewhere in the country can be found for about $1000, but the $1880 number seems to be the going rate in Florida.

I'm not sure if a Honda product even needs an extended warranty as reliable as they typically are, but they ARE advanced pieces of machinery these days -- a test light just won't do it anymore. If I were buying a Dodge, I wouldn't have left the lot without a warranty, but this is a HONDA... What do you all think? Can I get this warranty cheaper? Should I buy an extended warranty? Would you buy HondaCare or would you go 3rd party?

OK, so this was more than three questions... Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks everyone!
  • cherylmarycherylmary Member Posts: 3
    2008 Honda Accord LX with automatic transmission

I live in Dallas, TX and I recently went to a dealer in the area and we negotiated down to a price close to mine but they did not budge and I decided to leave. I indicated that I would be paying in cash.

They started at $22,000 plus ttl and I started at $18,000 drive out (got the number from another person on this forum). At the end of the talks, they came down to $20,400 drive out and I had gotten to $19,500 including a tint (they charge additional for a tint).

So should I continue to haggle or call them back and purchase at their price?

I appreciate the assistance
  • john91cjohn91c Member Posts: 10
    Cherylmary,

$20,400 seems a little high in my calculations. If you are not getting the price you're wanting then call up another dealer and tell them Dealer X is offering me $20,400, can you sell it to me for $20,000. Then if they say yes then call up Dealer X and say Dealer Y just gave me an offer of $20k...then tell Dealer X to sell it to you for $19,500 and you will stop dealing with Dealer Y. You have to play the #'s game...but I would call and not go in since the sales managers know once they get you in they like to waste time to beat you down. The dealers also use cheap tint and I personally do not think it's worth it. The tint may be dark but does it protect well against UVA/UVB, what is the solar rejection...things you need to look for in tint especially in hot dallas. Just my 2 cents worth.

Is it the 4 dr LX or LX-P? Invoice on 4dr LX is $19,181 (automatic) and LX-P is $20,085 (automatic). Use these prices as a guide for negotiation. If you are getting the LX auto and he's quoting you $20,400 then that is high. Does this include the dealer handling fee of $630-670? Remember they are getting their hold back of 2%-3% plus what ever they sell if for over invoice. So tell them they make their profit from holdback and to sell you at invoice.
  • gmanandgegmanandge Member Posts: 19
    epvfs:
    I sent you an e-mail w/ the salesman's name @ Curry Honda. Good luck! Let me know how you make out.
  • cherylmarycherylmary Member Posts: 3
    John,

Thank you very much for the advice. :) I attempted something similar to this with Nissan when I was in the market for a Sentra a few months ago (prior to my search for an Accord). I shopped the prices as I emailed and then called local dealers. However, it was unfortunate in that most of the dealerships I talked to failed to want my business enough to compete with each others prices.

It is a I4 LX auto and when I mentioned that the invoice on the car was $19,000, the salesman..and later his manager...kept reiterating that the msrp was $22,000. Im unsure as to the dealer handling fee but I do feel beat down after having shopped for a car for about three months now and feeling as if I am not getting the deals I had hoped for.
  • john91cjohn91c Member Posts: 10
    Cherylmary,

don't get discouraged...try another dealership. Trust me in this day and age you will find one. There are a ton of Honda dealerships in the DFW area, I grew up in Carrollton, but now live in colorado. You might have to travel a bit to get the deal but it's worth it. The dealership I bought my EX-L from is about a 45 minute drive away from us. We have 3 dealers about 10 mins away...
  • tommystonestommystones Member Posts: 19
    pinellasfun -
    "We bought the Accord EX-L V6 Auto (no nav) with Auto Dimming Mirror added (my request) and agreed on a "cash price" of $28,500 out the door. "

What was your sale price on the vehicle excluding tax etc.??? Great Out The Door Price!!!
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    Also, since we decided to put absolutely nothing down (didn't hand them a penny), we opted for a GAP insurance policy which they charged $399.00 for. Can I get 3rd party GAP cheaper? I have a 30 day window to cancel the GAP I bought from the dealer and wonder if I should shop that around.

You should be able to buy it from your auto insurance company. It should only be a few bucks added to your premium. I think mine was less than $6 annually. :)
  • pinellasfunpinellasfun Member Posts: 6

You should be able to buy it from your auto insurance company. It should only be a few bucks added to your premium. I think mine was less than $6 annually.

Who's your insurance company? State Farm doesn't offer it. :(
  • chuynhchuynh Member Posts: 2
    Hi Cuvang,
    Looks like you got a very good deal on your EX-L $25,098 OTD. May I ask which dealership you got this car and the name of the salesperson.

I live in the Bay Area and the price for this vehicle appears more.

Thanks.
  • ottoongottoong Member Posts: 4
    To Cuvang & Socal

Did you get a Sedan or Coupe EX-L 4 cylinder automatic for $23,000 WITH destination charges included @ Hardin Honda? If that's including destination charges, that's a super great deal. Please please let me know! Thanks :-D

Also, did they add protection package like $600 dollars more to the car?
  • socalhondasocalhonda Member Posts: 24
    Yes I got a 4 cyl EX-L sedan w. auto, including dest. no navi for $23,000 plus tax and title in Los Angeles. I purchased my car in early June. I'm sure you can get this price today, the dealers in LA have a TON of Accords.
    The manager dude (eric?) in DCH Temecula trying to rip me off >_> they wanted 24,500 + (destination fee 600... + Pro Pack another 600 + some stupid wheel $3000 + fee $2000) = totalling like $30k LOL

Don't go there!

I am wtf lol
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    $24,500 + 670 destination + taxes and fees sounds reasonable, but you could do without the "Pro Pack" whatever that is. Also, wheels are an accessory, and are going to be marked up BIG TIME.
    ya but socal and cuvang got it for $23k including destination fee + taxes. That's $2100 difference lol
    Socal, when you bought the vehicle, did you have a trade in?
    Different dealer, possibly different region, different individual circumstances at those dealers. If you can pay under invoice and still not be annoyed with dealer games (unlike your experience), I'd call it a good deal.
  • newguy8newguy8 Member Posts: 7
    ok , i am going back and forth from dealer to dealer in new york city and jersey in order to find a good price for an LX-P

OK HERE'S THE BREAK DOWN ..

sales prices : $20,305.42
    sales tax : $1700.58
    dmv fees : $195.00
    dealer fees : $199.00
    -------------------------------------
    Total out the price : $22,400

will really appreciate if anyone can tell me if i have a good deal .
  • mchalmersmchalmers Member Posts: 30
    Quote in the Boston area for $24,995 including destination. What does everyone think?

MC
  • mchalmersmchalmers Member Posts: 30
    I meant EXL V6 sorry.

MC
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Have to say I am very disappointed in the first blush pricing I am getting on a Coupe EX-L Auto Non-Nav. First dealer was $600 over invoice, a so-so quote. Second dealer, $1000 below sticker or $1668 over invoice. I am downgrading from a G35 to and Accord to save some money. With that second quote I received the G35 is $10 a month cheaper.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Dealer fees just simply add to the price of the car, so add the $20,305 and the $199.

Now, your purhcase price is $20,504.42. Invoice is $20,755 with destination (assuming this is an automatic transmission?), so you are getting the car for $250 under invoice. It isn't the best deal/offer I've seen, but it isn't the worst either. If this was the car/color/trim I wanted, I'd probably deal. If it wasn't exactly what you wanted, you might could wait for something better to come along.

It's a good deal though, just not the absolute best I've seen. If you're comfortable with the car and the people you are dealing with, go for it.
    Moving from a relatively new car to a BRAND new car will rarely save money. If you are fairly close to paying off the G35, DEFINITELY keep it.
  • newguy8newguy8 Member Posts: 7
    so what have been the better price you've seen , please let me know .
    I think $1000 under invoice, but it was on a more expensive model (EX-L for $23,000 + TTL). Right here in this thread. Just read back a few pages and you'll see lots of deals people have gotten. Not everybody gets them, but some do.
  • ingolla2ingolla2 Member Posts: 7
    Hello,
    For last few days, I was trying to negotiate Honda 2008 Accord LX with different dealer, and I have following quote to share it with you if I should accept this offer or wait for another offer.

I do currently live in Virginia.

Accord LX - $19892.67 (OTD prices/all included with destination/tax/two-year VA registration/dealer processing fee) - the base price was $750 under invoice ($19181)

and they told me that i am still eligible for low APR (1.9% for 36 mo. and 3.9% for 60 mo.)

Any response/comment would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    I was talking about the price for leasing a BRAND new G35 compared to the price if leasing a BRAND new Accord. The lease is up on my current G35.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    It depends on what features matter to you. For me, the alloy wheels alone would be worth it to upgrade from the fairly cheap looking plastic covers. Here are all the features you get for $1,000:

The Accord LX Premium Sedan adds to or replaces LX features with: 16" alloy wheels, a security system, a chrome exhaust finisher, auto-up/down driver's and front passenger's windows, illuminated window switches and 8-way power adjustment for the driver's seat.

A large number of features for about 5% more money. The wheels and power seat would be worth the most.
    Ah... as far as leases go, all bets are off from me. I've never leased, and don't plan to do so. You pay and pay on a car, and at the end of paying, you don't have anything. Just not my cup of tea. I'd rather finance a car that is more realistic in my budget, and then drive without payments for a few years after it is paid off; especially since I do about double the typical mileage that a lease allows for! :)
    Hey guys to answer your questions: In early June I got a 08 Accord Sedan 4cyl auto EX-L no navi including destination for $23,000 plus $55.00 doc fee, tax (8.25%) and registration (around $150) That's it.
    It came with mud flaps and wheel locks included. No trade, (I'm keeping my 06 Civic, also a great car) I put down $5000 and got 2.9% for 60 mo.(I have great credit and they had 2.9% through June) Very easy deal, you can several dealers in So Cal, they have a ton of Accords. This is for a 4cyl not V6. Try Honda of Hollywood, or Hardin Honda in Anaheim,both are good low pressure dealers, use the interney dept. Check dealer web sites for inventory, those with a ton of Accords will deal, this isn't tough, I just used the internet sales guys and walked in, looked at the car and bought it.
    forgot one thing.....this deal is in Southern California, Los Angeles/Orange County. I know in other parts ofthe US they aren't dealing like this.
  • ashton_nashton_n Member Posts: 16
    so I did some emailing around and I received the best price quote of ~$25600 including destination charge and ~$27950 OTD

This does not include any accesories. Is this a good price quote? Has anyone else gotten any significantly better prices from any dealerships in Socal?
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    I agree with socalhonda.

Hardin Honda in Anaheim is really good. When I went to buy my 08 Accord LX-P there, I was able to buy it for $1,100 below invoice and there were no pressure from them at all. They were very nice and cool about everything. Talk to the internet department first because they are really cool. There are tons of Accords available at Hardin. I worked out all the numbers over the phone and internet. Then I came in and walked around looking for the car I want. I pointed to the car I wanted and told the guy this is the car I want. I went and drove it around the block and it was nice. Came back and went to sign the paper while they wash the car and everything. Afterward, I came out and hop into my car and left with a brand new shiny silver Accord LX-P. Absolutely no problem at all.

So yeah, Honda of Hollywood and Hardin Honda are 2 dealership that seems to be very popular in Southern California. They don't BS you and their pretty straight forward.
  • ingolla2ingolla2 Member Posts: 7
    thegraduate,
    Thank you for your tip, I saw lots of your useful tip in the forum in the previous posting.

Yes, i changed my first thought from LX to LX-P, and actually I got a much better offer on LX-P from one of local dealer...

LX-P: $1300 under invoice w/ appearance package
  • psyevolutionpsyevolution Member Posts: 26
    dealer gives 29000 +tax +dmv=32000
    what is this a good price. it is my first car. i am planing to give 3000 downpayment
    financing 29000
    monthly payment 500-520

need help with it....
    you are at $700 over invoice, not bad, not great.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • cipd2005cipd2005 Member Posts: 1
    27K with appearance package. 29K OTD in Virginia.
  • lamchops830lamchops830 Member Posts: 5
    I got a lease price for a 2008 accord sedan exl v6 (no nav) 36 months 12k yr, no money down, taxes included in payment (NY 8.625%) for $400.00 month. is that a good deal? I need some advice, ASAP.
    They want me to pick up tomorrow
    Chuynh,
    I got it at Hardin Honda in Anaheim SoCal/Orange County, that is 7 hrs south from you. Thats pretty far for a deal :) Tell your local dealers that Socal is selling Accords for this price and its Clearance time. good luck
    I used Socal's price to get the deal done. They quoted $23,300 and I told them that people on the forum got it for this much. I got the sedan (for the kids) but the coupe looks very tempting and the price difference is about $100. Hardin Honda is right across from the Angel's stadium in Anaheim. (ask for Marrttiinn) cool dude, no pressure sale. good luck
  • viet1viet1 Member Posts: 10
    you were overpriced.
  • jrob262jrob262 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for this forum! It really helped in my getting my stuff together to negotiate. West Broad Honda - out the door at $26.7 (yes that is for the V6 with leather). Also good to look at Pohanku in NoVA and Hubert Vestor - both competitive but I saved the drive!
    coup or seden. also with navi or not
    Normally I would give you the speech that no one can tell you whether you go t good deal because you negotiated by payment, not price which is the cardinal sin in car buying.

I can tell you I got pricing from 6 Phoenix dealers yesterday for a exl coupe, with the best price on a V6 was $600 over invoice and the payments were $460. I only wish I could get a deal like you.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    not. some people get 250-300 for lease ...u would better do some research before u lease it. i feel too expense.
    i am getting one too. 3000 down and 500 month 60 term..
    have been hear someone got 28000 OTD