Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• piemompiemom Member Posts: 1
    I was offerred a 36 month lease/12,000 miles yr for $355 before tax with after market blue tooth. Anyone have experience with the aftermarket product or is it worth getting the navi for another $17 month?
  • ronzo28ronzo28 Member Posts: 10
    Well, I just got back from the dealership and no sale. As expected, they totally low-balled my trade. I was trading a 2007 Maxima SE, fully loaded (other than NAV). The most they would offer is $18,500 (I owe 19k). They still tried to play the usual games (started by confirming the price I negotiated through e-mail, and confirmed it for $2k more than we had settled on, then it was $200 more). Next was the back and forth, making me wait, etc... I'm going to another Honda dealer Tuesday to see if I can get a better price on my trade. Too bad, I was ready to buy today.
    Will keep you all posted.
    Thanks for your assistance.

ronzo
  • psyevolutionpsyevolution Member Posts: 26
    is it seden or coupe . i am planning to buy one 2.
    v4 or v6
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    5 ) How do you think he does it ? I don't know, what makes him so good. Rambling and extraneous thought. No response required.

I do make exceptions for off-topic song lyrics.... unlike those other forums.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• richmond2richmond2 Member Posts: 1
    2008 Honda EXL V6 w/o nav $26,800 OTD. 0.9% for 36 months. Colonial Honda (Chester, Virginia) internet sale. Excellent experience.
  • viet1viet1 Member Posts: 10
    You lease it pretty expensive. If I were you I would try best to buy it. It's best for long term financially. I am able to obtain a car loan @ 4.9% or less fix term for 3 - 6 years. Finally I will pay only some $1K for interest during 3 or 4 years yet I got a top '08 Accord V6 EX-L w/ Nav w/ all bells & whistles.
  • high009high009 Member Posts: 1
    Can you email me the sample invoice on what you paid for this car. I am talking to a dealer here and he asked me to show a proof that some one was able to get the car for $1100 below invoice.
  • northcoastohionorthcoastohio Member Posts: 8
    EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation

Purchase Price = invoice (per Edmonds.com) + tax and title
    Finance = 2.9%, 48 months, HFA
    State = Ohio
    Options = Trunk Liner
    Extended warranty = 7 years, 100,000 miles, free rentals for ALL services for life of car, dealer roadside for life of car within 50mi

It was an internet offer, no back and forth, 10 min conversation after test drive...

Not sure it was a great deal , but the experience was great. The car is wonderful!
  • dlflyboydlflyboy Member Posts: 24
    I just got quoted a price of 30, 400.00 OTD for a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 sedan w/navi. It always has the mud guards, moonroof wind deflector and rear wing spoiler installed. Is this a good deal? Thanks
  • viet1viet1 Member Posts: 10
    Yes, Sir
  • trdprerunnerdctrdprerunnerdc Member Posts: 52
    No duh.
  • roshanmechroshanmech Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

I would be buying a new 08 Accord Sedan LX-P on Thursday.

The price which I have from a dealer in houston.

USD 22,341.00 OTD Drive out price.this includes a TTL and tint in it this price is with out any form of negotiations.

I intend to put forward my drive out price to be 21,000. 00

can any one suggest if it is advisable to do so?

thanks and regards
    Rk
  • rambo007rambo007 Member Posts: 23
    I am from Pennsylvania, got a quote from a deler for $24,539.00 plus tax, tags, and $95.00 dealer doc fee. How is this deal, if I accept what are the extra things that I should be careful with...what is the lowest APR available for Honda...
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    My advice would be try for something between $21-22K. Offer $21K and then see what they comeback with. Even they offer $21,9K, go for it; at least its better then $22,341.
  • waterbumpwaterbump Member Posts: 17
    The dealer price here is 25000 plus TTF.
    I am hurry to get a new car, but want to get it before the 1.9% APR ends.

I am in FL, any suggestions for me ? :blush:
  • cbcaliforniacbcalifornia Member Posts: 1
    Over the weekend, I bought this car (Polished Metal Metalic exterior, Black leather interior) for $25,288. No options or anything else. My "out the door" price was $27,700, which included tax, license, docs, etc. 0.9% financing for the whole thing for 36 months, with $0 down.

I did this via email "auction" for dealers in the Bay Area, in California. Winner was AutoNation in Freemont with this price. Very smooth, easy transaction.
  • logic_choicelogic_choice Member Posts: 5
    Hey,
    I just got an offer from a local dealer for 26.075 OTD (including tax) for this car, no extras except mud flaps, pin striping, wheel locks and door guards..And 2.9% interest for 60 months in addition..

Does this seem like a good deal?

logic_choice
    may i know what's the price before tax & fee ?
    "Internet price" is $24616 + 670 freight. invoice is 25416 + freight
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    $800 over invoice is not a good deal.

I just received a quote for $350 over edmunds.com invoice for a Accord Coupe V6 that included Splash Guards, Trunk Tray and Tint but also include Lexan Door Moldings, Wheel Well Moldings, Accent Stripes, Nitrogen Inflated Tires, Security Window Etching, Zaktek Paint Protection, and the local $250 Honda advertising fees.

I know most that stuff is BS.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Well, according to my calculations, this is $800 under invoice...Don't know if I'm missing something..
    sorry, brain fart
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • caliaccord08caliaccord08 Member Posts: 2
    hello all,

i just purchased a 2008 accord coupe exl for about 26000 OTD in california, does that seem like a good price or could i have dont a lot better??? :confuse:
    OTD means about 7,323 different things. What was the selling price of the car?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • ashton_nashton_n Member Posts: 16
    what is the TTL in your state? My first impression says that the deal is wayyyy too good but maybe i say so because I live in california where we pay 7.75% tax...
    Just wanted to thank the board and the repliers to my posts.. This board has been a great source of information/insight.

Bought from Spreen Honda in Loma Londa

08 Ex-L v6 4dr, Selling price- 25100, OTD 27350 (SD county tax)
    No accessories, No extended warranty.
    tax is 3.17%, tags and title fee is 75.50..

$26.075 is including everything and what i would pay for the car. :shades:
    Assuming the value of accesories to be around 400-500 you got a great deal!

if you get this deal i think you'd be paying around 24,900-25000 selling price which is quite amazing..

make sure there are no other catch..
    I got two different quote
    one is
    $ 23,295.00
    $ 599.95 (Dealer fee)
    $ 1433.70 (6% tax)
    $ 160-220 (Refundable tag transfer) with standard warranty
    the other one is

$24,200.00. includes Destination and a Free Life Time Powertrain Warranty. Unlimited Time, Unlimited Miles

which one is better ? or both are still high ?
  • john91cjohn91c Member Posts: 10
    I think that's a bit high. I know a couple people on here got the EX-L for $23,00 + tax including all the D&H. I just bought a EX-L in PMM a couple of weeks ago in Colorado and got it at invoice + D&H for $24,000, which included clear bra ,4 door guards & pin striping, these were already installed on the vehicle and told the dealer I didn't want them but he said he would throw them in all for $24,000 + tax.
    I think that's a pretty good deal. Is the dealer fee the destination/handling fee or is that a dealer fee that is all profit for them? We had a dealer handling fee for ours but I got them to take it off because it is all profit for the dealer. Initially they told me they couldn't do it because it's a standard policy on all vehicles but I told them I would go to another dealer who doesn't charge the fee then they took it off.

You can't get rid of the destination & handling fee, usually $630-670. It's added onto the invoice price, which made my vehicle $24,000. I got the EX-L in PMM with pin stripes, clear bra, and door guards for 24,000 + tax.
    Thanks John, are you sure you are talking about EX-L with navigation.? :confuse:
    $ 23,295.00
    $ 599.95 (Dealer fee)
    $ 1433.70 (6% tax)
    $ 160-220 (Refundable tag transfer)
    D&S already included, but I am wondering is Free Life Time Powertrain Warranty a good buy at 300 dollars?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I would read the fine print on that warranty.

This isn't a warranty being offered by Honda and there are probably a lot of stipulations.

Nothing is ever free.
  • billtetzbilltetz Member Posts: 7
    Your deal for $26,075 seems like a great deal. I haven't checked in too often since I bought mine in early April, but at that time my deal - $25,112 car cost, $27,100 OTD, no options but wheel locks thrown in - seemed like one of the best 2 or 3 deals for quite a while. You've beaten that all to heck. I didn't finance but paid cash, but might have considered doing so had 2.9% been available then.
  • jcastaldojcastaldo Member Posts: 25
    What dealer did you get $1500 below invoice from?

Joe
    Whoops..sorry wasn't paying attn. I didn't get the nav. so ignore my comment. I have no idea what nav costs. I'm actually looking into getting a portable GPS.
    If you can swing getting the dealer fee out of the price then u are getting a great deal. $23,295 to include D&S is good. I got mine at $24,000 including the D&S. I would avoid the free lifetime powertrain because it's probably just pertaining to that dealer and the fine print might say you need to get the car inspected through them at $$$$ fee or it voids the warranty.

For example: The powertrain warranty by Jeep/Chrysler states you must get your vehicle inspected by a authorized chrysler/jeep dealer every 5 years for the warranty to be valid.
  • sethnagasethnaga Member Posts: 50
    It is I4 Sedan. I am in Metro Atlanta area
  • cuvangcuvang Member Posts: 31
    Nice work, I knew you can do it> I almost bought one before settle for the EXL 4cyn. I threw out $24,500, they said "NO, then are you serious, give me something a bit higher" Got the EXL 4cyn for $23,000 even, OTD $25,097 in Socal/O.C
  • koa1aboikoa1aboi Member Posts: 5
    Hey ashton, i am actually looking to buy through the exact dealer you bought your car from (spreen honda). They gave me a pretty good quote on an 08 EX-V6 auto for $23,200 including dest. How was the experience though? Also, what other fees they charge on top of the negotiated price (excluding tax, reg., and licensing). Any info will be a great help since im a first time buyer. I appreciate it. Thanks a lot dude.
    I got a very similar deal. Price Paid: 24634 + Tax and Tags. Together it was 26250 and 1.9% APR for 36 months. I paid advance and waiting for my favorite color.
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    Seth,
    What dealership did you purchase from? What's your opinion on metro Atlanta Honda and Acura dealers? thanks
    The experience was good overall. I had that (25100) selling price from another dealership who were being Morons. I walked into Spreen honda for the very first time, talked to the internet guy and asked him what the best was that they had.. they came pretty close... 25300 or something.. Then I told him i have a deal for 25100 and if you can beat it.. after spending some time he said he could certainly match it but not beat it. I tried to push them a little, not much to lower it, but they didnt.. it was getting late, so i said i'd take it for 25100. No pressure salespeople. They knew i had done enough homework.

The much dreaded "finance guy" wasnt a problem at all! He was easy to work with, quite straightforward. He explained my options and tried to sell me the GAP, extended warranty and the pre-installed alarm system but i didnt buy any of that. He said no problem. The whole process (including a detail test drive) took about 1 hr 45 mins.

On the other hand I am experiencing excessive vibrations at idle on the car (i feel its too much). But I think that doesnt have anything to do with the dealership. iam working with them to see what they can do about it, lets see how they respond.
    Just a thought, I do want to get a 08 Accord. Do i need to get one right now to save the 1.9 % low rate or wait till new 09 Honda accord released ?
    Which will be a better deal ? :confuse:
    The 09's are already on the Honda web site, and I'm sure shipping as we speak. I checked the two cars I was looking at, A V6 Coupe and a V6 EXL Sedan and both of them went up $495. I would say you better deal at this point is an 08.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Ok, didnt get much response elsewhere so I thought I'll try here.

I just bought a brand new 2008 accord (EX-L V6) 2 days back and maybe i didnt pay close attn to this but I feel the car vibrates too much (low frequency vibrations) when at idle (in park, neutral or D). I love the car but this problem is really bugging me. When idling in D on a traffic light, I can even see the seat vibrating when observed carefully. Heck, even my 97 altima doesnt vibrate that much when idle!

Anyone else noticed the same? I will be calling the dealer and setting up an appointment to check it out. Any inputs will be appreciated.
  • sethnagasethnaga Member Posts: 50
    Train driver

I got it from Willet Honda at Marrow. See below my opinion on Metro Atlanta dealers (I also Bought a Honda Pilot last year new and sold it, so I have some experience dealing with the dealers here.

Honda Carland and Hennesy Honda - High Price and not much negotiable.
    Team Honda and Carry Paul : My experience is not pleasant; I will avoid them in future
    Curry Honda: Negotiable, be prepared to Haggle, but can good price
    Edvolyes: I had some good experience. Good Prices and good selection. I like them
    Gwinnett Place Honda: Poor Service; Slow Response; Impossible to talk over phone. I will not waste time this dealership again. Zero Customer service. Waste of time even to send an email
    Willet Honda: Excellent price and service

My choice will be 1) Willet Honda 2) Ed Voyles 3)Honda Carland and 4) Curry Honda. Honda Carland indeed has good reputation in the market but their prices are not competitive.

Acura dealers:

1)I will no more deal with Acura colombus. My experinece with them is: they are worst than 'used car sales men.' No creditability and they pay typical car sales games.
    2) Best in town is Acura Carland. Tough to negotiate and don't offer competitive prices. But they are rated very good here in Metro Atlanta
    3) Jackson Acura: Not bad but you need to Negotiate. else you end up paying high.
    4) Edvoyles: Good to deal with. Excellent service department
    5)Nalley Acura : I will avoid them in future
  • theresavutheresavu Member Posts: 2
    Hi There,
    I live in the Columbia, SC area and I was looking into purchasing a Honda Accord ( or Toyota Camry). I just want the plain jane LX and all I care about are the basics (air, cd, etc). Do you think it would be unreasonable for me to start bidding at $17000 ? I would like to purchase one for $18,500 out the door. Thanks for any input.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Camry

You are in a better position if you don't care whether you get an Accord or a Camry, you can then focus on the best deal you can find.