Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• trescojonestrescojones Member Posts: 1
    I agree with sethnaga's assessment on gwinnett place honda, if you live in Atlanta and are looking to buy a honda, don't even waste your time there just use them for a test drive if you live nearby and go some where else to close the deal. unless you enjoy torturing the sales guys at gp honda, i wouldn't give them time of the day.
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Hey guys, i am looking to get a Honda Accord LX or LX-P IN NJ. I would like to get some help as to how to get the best deal, and some recent prices paid. I am in central Jersey, but i will travel, no proble, NY, PA ok as long as the price are much better. No quotes yet, as i am waiting this week to have someone buying my car.

In any event, i called HONDA Corp yesterday, they said that some dealers already have on their lots the 09 Accord with an extra $400 added to the value, and no additions. Also the APR rates will be between 5-6.5%. So in my case it makes sense to go for the 08, since after all i will save about $1500 on it. And just a tip to those undecided, let's say u buy the 08 vs the 09, the KBB value difference will only between 300-500 the most, considering they have the same millagem, wear and tear.

Last but not least, i am fully convinced that the LX-P its worth for the extra $1000 in options, but at the same time i can live without them. Now, one of the things i am not so clear is, what is the "security system" in the LX-P. I can't get a bottom line from the dealer. Since the LX has a key less entry, am i right? the other option that makes it valuable for me are the alloy rims, but again, please give me some help, as i will finally pull the trigger within the next week or two. thanks
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    You got responses in the 2008 Honda Accord Maintenance and Repair forum (in case ya missed 'em ;)); this forum is for pricing info.
  • rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    I went through the same evaluation you are and I really think the extra money for the LX-P is worth it. The wheels look much better, the alarm helps piece of mind, but the kicker for me was the power seat which has more adjustments than the manual one on the LX. You better hurry up and buy. You are almost guarenteed a price at or below invoice AND the rediculously low APR which is Honda's form of a rebate. When the '09's come out, the invoice deals and APR will dry up for some time period - it always does. Not sure for how long - depends on the election and gas prices (which are dropping and will begin to improve the Accord market). Plus, with Obama's ingenious energy plan for everyone to inflate their tires higher, it is getting cheaper by the day to drive a car in the good old USA!!!

I paid $20,700 (including dealer fees) + tax for mine. I love it!

Good luck with your decision.
    Sorry, where did you get yours from, was it NJ, i wouldn't mind paying the amount u paid, that works for me.
  • koa1aboikoa1aboi Member Posts: 5
    I just got a quote for a 2008 EX 4cyl for $21,400 with Dest. charge... What do you guys think.. good deal?
  • rayjlrayjl Member Posts: 5
    Try DCH Paramus Honda, you should be able to get a similar deal, if not better.
  • mfbonomfbono Member Posts: 48
    Boch Honda in Norwood Mass is advertising all EX-L sedans with an MSRP of $26,495 for $22,388.
    Seems like a great price, should I beware of these guys ?? :sick:
  • hondasdhondasd Member Posts: 13
    I am willing to buy a 08 LX-P Accord Sedan in LA area in 1 weeks. I send quotes for 15 different dealers, however it seems they are not willing to send me the lowest price as they can. So far, the lowest price I got was $20,400, the OTD should be 22440 rathouly add 10% to sale price. I check from yahoo auto the invoice price of LX-P is $20,100. $20,400 is only $300 beyond invoice price, not bad. However, I also notice some guys got the deal for $800 below invoice. I was wondering how did you guys make such a good deal? I tried to lower their price by compairing quotes between different dealers. I asked several dealers, they all said they will beat others quote but none of them would send me a writen document with their lowest price. Will I change my way to ask the quote? Should I tell them how much I can offer to the vehicle rather than ask the price from them?
    I would like to pay $21,000 to $21,500 CASH for LX-P. I think this price is decent enough because the new model will launch soon. What do you guys think about this price? Too high or too low?
    I will appreciate if you guys can forward me any of quotes you got from LA area or give me some advices about how to negociate the price with dealers.
    My email address is : [email protected]
    Thank you.
    It seems too good to be ture. However, I just checked their inventory, there are 8 pages EX-L model left in total 10 pages. They may so eager to get rid of old models before 09 Accord comes.
  • rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    I bought mine where I live in Tallahassee, FL from Proctor Honda.

Good luck!
  • ashton_nashton_n Member Posts: 16
    Rents in LA/SD are more so most dealers would give you higher quotes. Try getting quotes from inland empire area dealerships and you might get better prices.
    Do you mean States in the middle of US? Could you tell me some zip code? I don't know what shall I do if I buy a car from other state. Should I transfer title to CA DMV?b
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    Thanks Seth. Your list is very helpful. Though I live in SC, I am often in Marietta for work. (I agree about GP honda -- I test drove a used truck there about 5 ys ago and was not pleased. The Nissan dealer in Conyers at the time was no better.)

BTW, check out Acura of Athens next time. I haven't purchased/serviced there, but I visited in May and had a nice no pressure talk with a salesman. Plus they will come get your car and leave a loaner with you within a 125 mile radius if you purchase there. (also Volvo of Athens)
    The prices you got are pretty much decent prices but not the lowest. Try Spreen Honda at Loma Linda, CA (about an hour and a half away from LA). I believe that's where ashton got his car too. I'm about to get a car in less than a week as well, and most probably will go through them (for an EX model). I've talked to Richard over there and got a quote of 3 different kinds of 08 accords. All of them he quoted were below invoice prices. Nice guy and i feel like talking to him unlike any other dealers out there. No pressure. And i even asked him for a breakdown of the price since i didnt want any surprises, in which he gladly gave me. Unfortunately i didnt ask for the lx-p model since i wasnt interested in it. But like i said, get a quote... And maybe we set something up as if we're going to buy two, and maybe get a better price..
    Thank you for your advice. I will try this dealer tomorrow. Let's see what will happen.
    Thanks to all for the replies, i will start my adventure today, i will send e-mails to all the dealers, i will keep u guys posted. i am in nj, and for what i have seen for the last year or two, is that paramus honda, denville, joyce honda, open road honda, vip honda, and route 22 may be my best bet.
  • caliaccord08caliaccord08 Member Posts: 2
    well...the car was $23535 including des. charge. all in all OTD was 25800....??
  • ashton_nashton_n Member Posts: 16
    riverside, corona, loma linda, moreno valley etc.
  • socalhondasocalhonda Member Posts: 24
    Try Honda of Hollywood or Hardin Honda in Anaheim. I got a 08 EX-L 4 cyl Sedan w/ auto no navi, including destination for $23,000.00 plus tax and title (early June 08). No extras or extended warranties. I am sure you can get an LX-P for lower then your quotes from these guys. Check their web sites for their inventories. They still have alot of Accords. Deal w/ the internet guys, they are low key at both dealerships. (check my posts from June 11+ -)
  • obolonobolon Member Posts: 1
    Just received quote on 08 Accord 4 door auto no navi EX-L:
    22128 price
    670 freight
    399 processing fee (i know-too high)
    ~700 VA tax (~3%)
    ~60 tags & title
    total OTD @ 23975

Also for EX:
    total OTD @ 22112
    Quoted prices was first response for my email. Do you guys think i have more room to haggle, or should I proceed ? On top of that they offer free wheel locks, mudflaps and pinstripe...... I have four different quotes so far, closest one about one thousand higher. I didn't haggle with anyone yet. Everything in Central Virginia.
  • psyevolutionpsyevolution Member Posts: 26
    car price 25000
    tax .8375$+dmv
    total 27000 OTD
    how is the price ... need help. buy within next two wekks
  • spt3spt3 Member Posts: 6
    Can you please tell me where you saw this ad? I got a price quote for 23,646 from them for EX-L w/o nav. auto..4 cyl. :)
  • spt3spt3 Member Posts: 6
    What dealership did you use?.....I would not mind traveling to get that price.
  • jess2000jess2000 Member Posts: 3
    Sounds great. Where did you get it?
  • jess2000jess2000 Member Posts: 3
    I just got a quote for $21.5 from a large dealership in SoCal for an EX I4 AT with cloth seats but they will probably add mud flaps, wheel locks and trunk trays for $250.

I also go a quote for the same for $22K from a local dealer. I generally would like to go local, if I can.

Any comments on these prices?
  • mfbonomfbono Member Posts: 48
    Full page ad in Boston Herald 8/6/08.. Dealer is open till midnight until Labor Day.
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    sounds good. On July 6th I bought a LX Auto for $19,024 + tax. It is really a great car. I am getting 28 to 32 miles per gallon now. First tank was only 23 MPG but better now.
    Doug
  • juliegilbjuliegilb Member Posts: 4
    Please post how you make out. I have just started searching in Eastern PA and best I got so far the 2008 LX-P auto is $20,419 + TTL. Based on post I have seen doesn't look good enough.
  • jonnixojonnixo Member Posts: 4
    i got a similar quote from some dealer in va but i still think there is room to nego. since the 09's r out on the dealers lot.
  • rpg55rpg55 Member Posts: 3
    just took delivery in rockville md for following price
    vehicle 25,700
    dealer processing 100
    tax 1,593
    tags 222
    out the door 27,615
    only extra was wheel locks for $79 included above
    does this look like a good deal--
    so far my best quote is 19928 with dest, with 199 doc fees, 254 dmv and 7.50 tires, the otd is 21,774. so we will see, i still have to re-send the e-mails to all of them and see if they will do better. you should not pay more than 22000 OTD. sincei have other quotes with that amount, do you have a trade in?
    i am purchasing this saturday or maybe today
  • pingman1pingman1 Member Posts: 1
    rpg55, Your price is better than any offered around here in East Tn, Western NC,
    and Upstate SC. The best around here is just above invoice. However, thanks
    to all the posts on this site, I'm not done yet!

I do want to add that your post is excellent. Sale Price is the key to comparison knowledge. Taxes, Tags, Fees, and dealer pack vary wildly, so is really nice to
    see the break down of charges upfront.
  • jeffman1971jeffman1971 Member Posts: 4
    About a month or so ago I was at the Rockville Herson's dealership too. I test drove the same car you did. For me the salesman & manager gave me an OTD of $29500. Then again this was only the "first round" of negotiations.

Herson's didn't have the color I wanted (gold) and I didn't like the attitude of the manager so I left without trying to get a lower price out of them.
    Hi ashton, i just wanna know since you got your car at spreen Honda, how much did they charge you for the dmv/reg. fees? I just got a price breakdown from them and there's something funny on the numbers. If you can share the fees breakdown you paid i will appreciate mayn. I'm buying a car this weekend so it'll be good to know. Thanks.
  • juliegilbjuliegilb Member Posts: 4
    thanks for the information. No trade in for me so it should make it a bit easier to shop price. I want an LX-P but haven't ruled out the LX. Wonder what the best in the NJ/PA is for those before TTL?

When you strike your deal would you mind emailing me who gave you the best deal? [email protected] Thanks for the help.
    i will post it for all of you guys, and not to brag about it, but the prices i got so far are the best in thye entire tri-state area on the 2008 LXP automatic. so far the best is $21700 OTD, so we will see by tomorrow
  • dlflyboydlflyboy Member Posts: 24
    I received a quote for a loaded accord sedan EX-L V6 w/navi. Had installed acc...rear wing spoiler, mud guards, moonroof wind deflector, pin strip and the paint sealeant. The quote out the door was 30,400.00. I told the salesman I would take it. Cash right then. After signing the papers he comes back and says there's a problem. They gave me a quote on a 2008. The one they have on the lot is a 2009. I knew this before even coming in to the dealer cause I checked their inventory. I even told the salesman it's a 2009. Well he says it's gonna cost more money..new year. He went back to the manager and later came back with a price of almost 1k more. That was the straw that broke the camels back. I said forget it!! Don't deal with Jerry Damson Honda. What idots!
  • mevander1mevander1 Member Posts: 43
    No
  • gmanandgegmanandge Member Posts: 19
    I bought an Accord EX auto (2008) for $21,550 including transportation on July 16. The only optional equipment it had was wheel locks. If you want that other stuff, then you might be able to get them to throw them in, or, at the least, get them for a little less ($21,600 maybe?). Still not a bad deal. It's a great car! Good luck!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    FYI an 09 is $500 more expensive then an 08
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • adrix7adrix7 Member Posts: 1
    hi we are planning to get a accord sedan ex 2008.. we want to finance it for 60 month

what do you think is the best price( all inclusive.. tax, license etc...) for the car? :confuse:

thanks!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    EX V6 with Navi .... 29k Even OTD.
  • cheesercheeser Member Posts: 9
    I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for posting their deals and pitfalls of buying a new Honda Accord. I got a great deal today and it's this forum that helped with my pricing research.
    Hardin Honda - Anaheim, Ca
    2008 Accord EXL V6 No Nav Mystic Green
    Price $25000 included Destination - Internet Price (Haggling)
    They added at no charge (including install) Rear Spoiler, Side Body molding, splash guards and wheel locks. Only thing I added was an alarm enhancement for $350 that gave me motion and shock detection.
    Doc fee = $55
    Cal Tax = $1706.57
    Lic = $246
    OTD = $27520.43
    2.9% for 60 mo.
    I'm very happy with this deal and no other dealer for 100 miles around would even touch it.

The best was driving into the our local Honda dealership, who days before, flat out told me there was no way I'd ever get a car at that price. So I pulled into their lot this afternoon with Hardin paper plates on it. To add salt to the wound, I showed him the bill of sale and just grinned!!!! Idoit!
    Thank you all again and this car rocks, but I still love my Del Sol too :)
    Mike
  • ashd1ashd1 Member Posts: 14
    Just purchased 08 LX automatic, in polished metallic. Folln is the breakup -
    -18700 (base price + dest)
    - 1542 (taxes)
    - 200 (registration)
    - 55 (doc fees)
    -20500 (total)

I think these are amongst the best prices one would get in the sfbay area.
    Comments ? Anybody do better ? :D
  • jcastaldojcastaldo Member Posts: 25
    What city did you buy honda in and what was the name of the dealer?
  • gmanandgegmanandge Member Posts: 19
    It's hard to tell because of the differential in tax rates and license fees from state to state. I live in Mass. so the breakdown looks like this:
    Car: $21,271.00
    Tax: 1,063.55
    Doc: 279.00
    Plate: 115.00

Total: $22,728.55

Our tax rate is 5%.
  • jcastaldojcastaldo Member Posts: 25
    DCH Honda of Paramus stinks and so does there prices.

Garden State Honda in Clifton NJ on route 3 west is best place in tri state area for getting great deals. Just goto other dealers, get your best price then go. If not they will rip you off there
  • toybenztoybenz Member Posts: 10
    I am trying to help a colleague find a brand-new 2007 Accord V6. He and his wife buy cars infrequently and decided they like the looks and slightly-smaller size of the '07. Short of checking dealers' on-line inventories and calling around, are there any shortcuts on the Web? THANKS!
  • dlflyboydlflyboy Member Posts: 24
    Yes. I know this. But they're the ones who made the error. Even worse that I told them OVER and OVER that the car they have is a '09.