Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• plantsplants Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote on a 2008 Accord LX Sedan automatic of 18,899.00. Drive out from the dealer will be 19,519.75 plus taxes (3%) which I will pay in Alabama. The quote comes from a dealer near Atlanta.

I feel this is a good offer but would appreciate comments.
  • xenoninjaxxenoninjax Member Posts: 5
    QUICK HELP. Just got back from the dealer and need to know if this is a good price for Acoord Coupe 08 EX. im not looking for best deal, but maybe average price that's acceptable and not rip-off

OTD for Accord Coupe 08 EX- $24,200. no options or accessories i matched it with edmund prices and invoice etc etc. CA here, with 7.75% tax.

also the guy said downpayment should be around 1/3 of the car. is that true or was he bull@#$%ing me? i was under the impression that it's around 20%.

he also said that my credit score doesnt mean much to them because it's fairly new, and that i can't get good APR. i used a bank credit car for the past 3~ years and paid full every month.
    score=739
    he said that everybody starts at 700 or something. is he right?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    The down payment is completely up to you; it "should" be whatever you want it/need it to be.
  • waterbumpwaterbump Member Posts: 17
    Edmund prices is usually higher, I don't know the price about Coupe, but I got quote for 08 EX-L 4 cylds Sedan around 24500 OTD.

Anyway, I will try another dealership. They are now trying to get rid of 08 accords. :shades:
    lordy,
    I am in cape corel, fl. I am also looking for EX-L sedan. Maybe we can share the information.
    I find a better price at Naples but w/o Lifetime Powertain Warranty, Honda Protection Package and AutoButler. It's 24,500 OTD.

Which dealership you talking to ?
  • rambo007rambo007 Member Posts: 23
    Wilmington, DE, Union Honda
  • koa1aboikoa1aboi Member Posts: 5
    21,545 is a pretty fair deal.. but what about the other 'fees'? some dealers rip you off with their fees. since im in socal too and got the same car for about the same price, you should be looking at an average OTD price of 23,350 - 23500..anything above that, walk away... the only fees u pay are tax (depending what county u are registering the car), dmv (avg 200) and documentation fee (about 55$), some charge a tire fee of like 9 bucks (just pay it, its probably their cigarette money or something).
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    I just read your post and it may be a little too late for you but at least for others' info, the auto dimming rearview mirror is standard on the V6 EXL, so the extra charge was not warranted and could be considered dishonest or maybe fraud?
    Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    P.S. Check out the sticker listing or the owner's manual, that should clarify it.
  • sunsfbaysunsfbay Member Posts: 1
    I am at SF bay area. I got the OTD of 25,700 for accord 2008 EX-L 2.4L Sedan Auto. Is this good deal at bay area(sale tax 8.25%)? what is the decent price for this model at bay area?

Should I go for Accord 2009 EX-L Sedan Auto 2.4L? I asked for some dealer for the price by email, they said they can only offer me the price for this new accord on site.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,090
    Before you get financing from this dealer, you should get a financing commitment from your local bank or credit union... That way, you'll know if he is giving you a good deal on the loan.. If he can beat your bank's rate, so much the better..

It sounds like he is getting ready to take you to the cleaners in the finance office.. We aren't privy to your financial records, so we don't know... but, if you have another offer from a bank or c.u., then you will know..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I am planning to drive 2 hours to Willett Honda and purchase 2008 Honda LX. Did you purchase from the quote given and did things go smoothly? I was goven basically same quote as you.

Thanks
  • tommystonestommystones Member Posts: 19
    2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6

26,536 - Sale Price
    200 - Doc Fee
    1,604 - Mich Tax
    23 - Transfer Fee
    ------------------------------
    28,367 - Out The Door

What is everyone's opinion on this price? Ideally, I would like the OTD price to be approx 27,000 to 27,500. Am I expecting too much? Am I lowballing with this 'ideal' OTD price? If not ... How should I go about obtaining this desired price ... What should be my next move?

THANKS ALL
  • ltazeltaze Member Posts: 17
    I'm not sure where you are located, but I got a quote today from Largo Honda in Florida City (Miami), FL for the 2008 EX-L V6 4door sedan (not sure if the coupe is pricier):

25,006.47 for car
    258.50 in DMV fees
    479.50 for documentation fee (whatever that means)
    1529.16 tax

OTD price is 27,273.63. So I think you could get it closer to 27K out the door.
  • ltazeltaze Member Posts: 17
    Waterbump, I'm in Miami (Cape Coral is about a 2 hr drive for me), but I have to know, are you saying you were quoted the EX-L v6 for 24,500 OTD or was it the 4 cyl model? Your quote includes tax, tag, fees, and the whole bag of charges they stick you with? Since I haven't bought yet and I am between this car and the Camry, I am still trying to decide. My OTD from Largo Honda was 27,273.63. But if you got a quote 3K lower, I will be negotiating more. Thanks.
  • tommystonestommystones Member Posts: 19
    I'm located in Michigan. You got a great price on your accord!

Anyone purchase an exl v6 coupe in Michigan? If so, How much?
  • bob_xubob_xu Member Posts: 3
    plants,

your price on LX is extremely good. I could not find anything close.
  • bob_xubob_xu Member Posts: 3
    Including destination charge.

Extras are:
    +Tax (7%)+ Title/Doc/DMV (147.50). Financed at 1.9% for 3 years.

Albany, NY.
  • blahblah4blahblah4 Member Posts: 2
    Whats a good price to shoot for with the LX-P MT? Right now the best offer I have is 21307 out the door.

Thanks for the help.
    I have no clue what your taxes are, which makes knowing if the $21,307 figure is a good one quite difficult. Could you elaborate a bit? :)
  • blahblah4blahblah4 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, the price quoted was $19,285.00 and then 6% sales tax and all the other fees bring it up to $21,307.
    No problem. :)

Well, $19,285 + 6% tax equals 20,442.10. The other $864.90 must be a LOT of fees.

Assuming this is a 2008 model, and all that being said, you're looking at a price of aprox. $20,150 + tax. I'd say it sounds like a decent deal, if not top notch; I've seen around $20,000 for LX-P Accords here, but I'm not sure if they were out the door or not.
    ltaze,

It's a 4 cyl model, NOT a V6. Sorry for the confusion.
    but for V6, the best OTD i got is 26,630.65 from Maroone Honda at Miami.
    I have not gone there yet, so I think there is still some room for the price.

Good Luck. :shades:
  • dazz87dazz87 Member Posts: 19
    Hi I am in Socal and I was offer a 2008 Coupe EX-L V6 without Navi for 28k OTD. It comes with floor mat, splash guard and lojack. Do you guys think this is a good deal? I know the 09 is coming out at the end of Sept for the Coupe. I was wondering do you think its worth waiting for the 09. How much do you guys think the 09 will go for?
    Hi Jhinsc,

could u pls tell me which is ur auto insurance. I consulated with my auto insurance company (Geico) but they told me that only dealer can give the GAP protection. So I am curious to see which is your autoinsurance.
    I purchased Accord 08 EXL with navigation last week using 1.9% for 36 months. Now the same dealer announced 0% for 36 months. I missed it. Is there anyway that I can get it.?
    Wow 0% for 36? Is this national wide? Where are you at if you dont mind me asking? I was planning on using the 36 month term and it will sweet if they could offer me 0%
    I made the purchase today. Everything went very well. No problems. The price quoted was what I paid with no questions. Salesman asked me if I brought my copy of the e-mail with the quote. How much easier could it be?I was offered an extended warranty but no big pressure. Highly reccommend this dealer.
  • dlflyboydlflyboy Member Posts: 24
    I got quoted $28,539.00+ tax, title today on a '09 accord sedan EX-L V6 w/navi. No add ons. Put my deposit to hold it when the one I want arrives.
  • tanbintanbin Member Posts: 1
    If some one in Maryland want to buy a car, I have a $100 off referral for
    this dealer: Jim Coleman.

No matter which brand you buy from this dealer, no matter what price you get
    , this 100 off can be put on top of your price.

Send me a message if you need this referral.
    today i got their email advt saying that 0% APR for 24-36 months...in wilmington, DE. Union honda.
  • rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    I wish people would stop the "OTD" values in their posts. Taxes and state fees are NON NEGOTIABLE and VARY by state. So please, just state the price of the car (including desitnation) plus the dealer fees. The total of these two values IS 100% NEGOTIABLE and truly represents the deal a person got compared to other people - between dealers and across states.

This is a pet peeve of mine . . . . (and probably others).

Thanks!
  • wongx2wongx2 Member Posts: 9
    I so agree with you. I don't mind OTD quotes if people would also list the purchase price before TTL. Is that too much to ask?
  • kevin08kevin08 Member Posts: 6
    I've been reading the posts for quite a while and really admire the great deals appeared here. But I really wonder how you guys start negotiating with dealers. My impression is dealers protected their price so well and they never give in 1 cent to me. Currently the best quote I got is from carsdirect.com in San Diego area. Any kind of suggestions? BTW, I am looking for 08 accord sendan Ex V6.
  • csr67csr67 Member Posts: 58
    I found it very easy to get the dealers to give email quotes throughout So. CA, and you can do way better than Carsdirect! I'm in the market for the same car, 2008 Accord Sedan EXL V6 w/o Navi.... Here's a comparison:

Carsdirect Price: $25,855 plus tax, title, and license.

Penske Honda Ontario: $24,855 plus tax, title and license.

I bought my current car a 2003 VW GTI through cars direct and back then they always had a great price. Not true anymore. As you can see above, a simple email quote from a large dealer beat them by $1,000.
  • ashd1ashd1 Member Posts: 14
    Same experience here. IMO carsdirect only quotes the TMV price shown here on Edmunds. You can usually do way better than that. I got about $1200 lower than what I could get through carsdirect for my 08 Accord LX.
    I gave carsdirect feedback that they need to negotiate better prices on behalf of the buyers if they are to be taken seriously. Hope they are listening.
  • sethnagasethnaga Member Posts: 50
    I have two dealers quoting 1300$ below invoice for Coupe LXS and EXL. Is this a good deal? Anyone got a better deal? The only additions to the price is Tax, Tag and Title.No other crap like 'Doc Fee' extra

Thanks
    Thanks for your suggestion. I emailed several dealers today, and I got $23,030 from Spreen Honda. This is a pretty competitive price for ex v6 sedan.
  • tdkooltdkool Member Posts: 3
    Date: 8/16/08

Price of car: 25,178
    splash guards: 159
    side molding: 245
    rear bumper applique: 94
    remote start: 499
    Sub total: 26,175

Trade in: (2003 Nissan Frontier ccab 4x4 LB): $10,000

Trade diff: 16,175
    Mass Tax: 808.75
    Title: 5
    Vehicle admin fee: 299
    plate/reg/sticker: 104
    sales comm: .75% 117.57
    Total price financed: $17,509.32
    (financed @ 3.9% over 60 mos)

What I did: I went on Honda website and got e-quotes from all regional dealers. I picked 3 and went and got quotes on my trade. Differences in car quotes were up to $1000 apart. Differences in trade quotes were up to $3,500 apart.

Purchase experience: The dealer dropped the ball on several fronts, not having the car ready when agreed upon, and screwing up the installation of the body side molding. In the end they agreed to fix all and threw in a couple of free services and accessories to make up for the inconvenience.

Initial thoughts on the car: All good so far. the remote starter is terrible, I'd recommend going for an after market version.
    * SPAM * What does Crutchfield Coupon Code to do with Accord Price paid forum?
    I have a quote for 20106 +TTL here in Atlanta. I think you could push it more or wait till the month end but you may run the risk of running out of 08 models
  • billiestampsbilliestamps Member Posts: 4
    If you take the MSRP of an '08 Accord EX-L with no add-ons, what would you expect to take off for one year depreciation as the '09s are coming onto the dealers' lots? The charts I looked at pretty much used a 20 percent depreciation off the sales price after one year. If you work from MSRP and not an internet price or something that may already be taking specials into consideration, what would you expect to take off?
    any help appreciated
  • creevalcreeval Member Posts: 2
    I just got 2 quotes from internet sales for a 2008 accord EX-L V6 w/Nav sedan listed...

One was $28,990 plus tax, tags, and freight...

The other was...

$27626.00
    Plus Tax, Tags, Freight/Destination, dealer installed accessories and $299 Processing Fee.

These seem rediculously high compared to what others are getting, can anyone else let me know what is a fair and ideal price to be getting for this car right now with the 2009s out? I was looking around $28,000 OTD as an ideal range is that workable?

Thanks,

-CV
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    I just got 2 quotes from internet sales for a 2008 accord EX-L V6 w/Nav sedan listed...

One was $28,990 plus tax, tags, and freight...

The other was...

$27626.00
    Plus Tax, Tags, Freight/Destination, dealer installed accessories and $299 Processing Fee.

Invoice with destination is $28,074, so the second quote is $200+ over. I think at this point, you can get your 08 for invoice or less. Good luck! ;)
  • cliffclavencliffclaven Member Posts: 23
    CV,
    I haven't posted is while but i got my 08 4dr EX L V6 w/nav Basque red with splash guards/ window tint/ in Tempe AZ for $27900 ish. The OTD is a number that many think is the number that should be the point of posting but because each state has different taxes i'm not big on it. I paid $329 Doc fee (too high but the price of the car was too good to pass on) and i paid $600 for rear spoiler (maybe $100 too much). The Car is fantastic and if you are happy with the price you will love the car!! BTW i looked hard for about 5 months and wrote to many dealers to find my deal. I live in Boise, Idaho (only 2 honda dealers) and the lowest price they would give me (not the excat car i even wanted, wrong color) was $29500 base car price not any extras or the spoiler.
    Good Luck!
    Just got my 2008 V6 Coupe black on black w/o Navi. I got it from Hardin Honda in Anaheim, CA.

Price of Car: $25305.05
    Tax (8.25%) $2092.20
    License and other fees total $247.75

Total out the door was $27,700.00 No issue with Hardin at all. They are very professional. Will be doing business with them again. I recommend anyone in SoCal to give them a call.
  • xenoninjaxxenoninjax Member Posts: 5
    i think i overpaid a little, but still this is what i paid for 08 coupe lx-s

21,400 after destination, with wheel lock+splash guard+cargo net
    out the door price was 23,3370

im sure i couldve gotten a better deal, but i think 08 coupes in socal are running out. i originally wanted EX but nobody could find one.
  • eiaveiav Member Posts: 3
    Boston area, 09 accord LX auto
    Just got this car yesterday at 27,000 out the door. 0.9% for 36 months.
    Break down is something like 24,6xx +7.75% +200 DMV
    I set up the OTD price ahead of time because many dealers play tricks for DMV fee. They give me cheap quote before tax to let me in, and add 400-500 profit to DMV fee later on.
    The inventory starts to get fewer and fewer 08 cars in my impression. Two of the dealers I know have sold out V6 EX during last weekend. So hurry up if you are still hunting.

Great Thanks to the help from people in this forum.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    "They give me cheap quote before tax to let me in, and add 400-500 profit to DMV fee later on."

The DMV fee's are set by the state and the DMV -- not the dealership. Perhaps you mean the dealer documentation fee?
    I think you are right it's the documentation fee. But even the DMV fee there are room to play trick that eventually makes no difference since no one really knows how much the exact amount that item should cost.