Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dazz87dazz87 Member Posts: 19
    $24,855 before TTL?
  • csr67csr67 Member Posts: 58
    Yes, $24,855 includes destination but not TTL. This was my best price obtained from emailing the internet depts. at several So. CA Dealers.
    thats a good deal. I ended up getting my V6 coupe from Hardin in Socal for $25,300 include destination but without TTL.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "thats a good deal. I ended up getting my V6 coupe from Hardin in Socal for $25,300 include destination but without TTL."

Good deal....The cheapest I know of for a 08 V6 Coupe is $25,715 OTD.
  • mfbonomfbono Member Posts: 48
    Bought mine today for $25300 plus $399 for Doc fees, 1st Oil change, Inspection Sticker. Overall good experience with Autofair Honda in Manchester,NH.
    Had a good salesman and didn't get pressured by the finance guy. Got the 2.9% rate for 60 months. Didn't buy any extras. May look into the warranty offered at myhondawarranty.com, seems to be decent pricing. Thanks to all here for the information. Good deals available, enjoy.
    jb turner my OTD price was $27,700. The 25,300 I paid was car price and destination fee. But $25,715 is OTD is a pretty amazing deal.
    "Good deal....The cheapest I know of for a 08 V6 Coupe is $25,715 OTD. "

My price of 24,855 was for a Sedan.
  • mfbonomfbono Member Posts: 48
    Mine was a 4dr Sedan, Black w Ivory Leather.
    Nice choice in color, mine's the same! Tomorrow it'll be clayed and then coated with multiple coats of Zaino polish to shine like a mirror.....
    I heard on another forum and from my dealer that the Black on the 09 is different from the black on the 08. Apparently its a richer black. Anyone heard of this?
    I don't know about any changes. I looked at a black 09 right next to my 08 when I bought it last week, and I noticed no difference. I really like the pearl in the black that Honda used. It's got some blue tone to it in the right sunlight.....
  • sino81sino81 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 with navigation, manual 6-speed.

I paid $27,076 + TTL, not sure if this is the best possible deal right now but I walked away happy. The car came with some kind of low jack, I'm not really sure what is it but they were trying to push an extra $500 on the car but I refused to pay it. The whole process took about 3.5 hours and I was pretty drained afterwards. All in all tho, great day.
    "The car came with some kind of low jack, I'm not really sure what is it but they were trying to push an extra $500 on the car but I refused to pay it."

I had the same thing happen to me with the lo-jack bs. I ended up calling the dealer back and asked if I was going to get charge for the lo-jack. Apparently I had to pay 300 bucks to activate it. I explained to the dealer that I didnt want it and I wasn't going to pay a dollar for it. He then stated that if I didnt get it activate then they will get charge for it from lo-jack. I laughed and ended up getting my coupe from another dealership.
  • glenhead4glenhead4 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to purchase a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 with navigation.
    Consumer Reports has the dealer invoice at 28,142.
    I live on Long Island, NY, has anyone bought the car from a dealer on LI or in the
    tri-state area and received a price close to or better than invoice?
    Thank you.
  • msilver3msilver3 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased August 28, 2008 from Honda dealer in Sugar Land (near Houston).

2008 Honda Accord EX-L without Navigation
    (with splash guard, mats, cargo tray, locks, tint, stripe)

MSRP $26495.00 (incld. destination)
    Price $24,370.72 (includes accessory mentioned above & destination)
    Sales Tax $1,523.17 (6.25% in TX)
    Dealer Inventory Tax $51.67
    Inspection and Title Fee $68.25
    License Fee $60.80
    Documentary & Deputy Service Fee $55.00
    Drive Out $26,129.61

Did not take any warranty or additional accessory but financed for 1.9% and the dealership is excellent.

As vikter here once mentioned, we use this forum and I felt the need for others to know too. Always entertain dealers who submit internet quotes when you email them and are pro-active to reply by email (some leave phone message, call & smooth talk – if they can’t put anything in writing they can’t do much else). Also remember dealers need buyers but we buyers can get anyone to sell. Good Luck on buying your next car (we replaced our old 110k 1997 maxima – any takers :-)
  • jen33jen33 Member Posts: 19
    waterbump, can you tell me where you were quoted that price? also, was that otd or before. Thanks.
  • hondasharkiehondasharkie Member Posts: 1
    I haven't posted before, but I learned a lot of useful info here. I created an account so that I could contribute and perhaps help someone else.

2008 Accord LX-P, Auto, Blue
    Price $20,320 (includes destination).

It's about $450 below invoice. Not the best deal (for SoCal), but it's a decent one that took very little effort, and I was served and treated well at the dealer I went to. All it took was a few phone calls and emails. Before I went to the showroom, I had the numbers settled. I strongly recommend calling or emailing the internet sales departments and getting your numbers there.

I also took advantage of the 1.9% APR, since my savings account earns a higher interest rate.

I also recommend asking about dealer add-ons on the phone after obtaining a price quote. Some dealerships add things such as the "Pro Pack" for $595, which includes wheel locks, mud guards, and a trunk liner. Definitely not worth $595, and should be negotiated down or buy elsewhere.

Good luck all and thanks to the previous posters!
  • nish_njnish_nj Member Posts: 9
    I plan to buy Honda accord EX-L sedan by 15th Sept. I am in New Jersey. Can somebody please offer suggestions as to what price should I expect? Thanks very much in advance!! I am new to this car buying and am just starting my search. Somehow going to dealerships and talking to them without any research just make me plain nervous. Moreover I am not sure whether at this time, should I aim for 2008 or 2009 models. Apparantly it looks like there is not much of difference between the two models. Please advise!
  • kseshadrkseshadr Member Posts: 24
    I am looking to buy a car in the next week - can anyone please share their experiences on prices? Any success in getting below invoice?

Thanks
  • kl899kl899 Member Posts: 1
    I paid invoice ~$21,130 (includes destination). Yes, 2009. Was this a good deal?
    "I am looking to buy a car in the next week - can anyone please share their experiences on prices? Any success in getting below invoice?"

What I did was get about 7 prices via internet. Use those prices to shop around. Know actually how much you are willing to spent on the 08. Remember they (dealers) are trying really hard to get rid of all the 08's. It took me about a week to get my car. I ended up with a price that I knew that it was good cause other dealers were not able to beat it or match it.
  • waterbumpwaterbump Member Posts: 17
    I just got my 09 Accord Sedan EX-L 4 cyl today.

Selling price:23395.28,
    TAX : 1403.72 (6%)
    Title&Lawfee: 199
    OTD :25,000

The dealer threw in wheel lock,splash guard,door protector.
    One thing almost ruined my deal is the Finance manager. My credit score is above 700. and the guy said my score is only 683 and am only qualified for 12%APR and they can offer me 10% APR. After I told he I will cancel the purchase if I got a bad APR. They lower the rate to 5.99%, but ask me to put 20% down. That's not a issue to me, but the guy put GAP insurance, extended warranty in without noticing me. I had to watch him for all the detail. My final rate is 4.99%. because the salesman was so good to find out that I am qualified for Honda grad program.

Nice car even though the noise is really there. :shades:
  • markayo1markayo1 Member Posts: 23
    THAT PRICE FOR THE EX-L 23,35O FOR A 2009 ACCORD IS GREAT. WHERE DID YOU GET THIS QUOTE ?
    Honda of Wesley Chapel , FL.
    Hope you can get a good deal , too. Watch their Finance Depart.
  • dlflyboydlflyboy Member Posts: 24
    Out the door price I paid for my 2009 white diamond Accord EXL V6 w/Navi sedan equipped with rear wing spoiler,mudguards,& moonroof visor was $30,381.27 not including taxes (which is like 2-3 % here in AL). It also included the Honda extended warranty to 100k. Not sure about LI though.
    Honda of Wesley Chapel , FL.
    I got selling price 23395.28+TTL, OTD 25,000 for 09 EX-L ,
  • iwantoneiwantone Member Posts: 52
    Sounds like the dealerships are offering pretty good deals already on 2009 accords. Is it because it's a carryover now and no changes from 2008? I know the accord is selling well, because in my area all you see are accords,camrys,and altimas.
  • cloudy77cloudy77 Member Posts: 2
    As far as I know, the 09 accord is the same as the 08, besides the HP on the V6 is 3 more on paper.
    I picked up a 08 coupe V6 EX-L yesterday. When I got to the dealership, the salesman mistakenly showed me a 09 (same color and same model but a higher MSRP because of the increase price of 09). Before we realized that, I asked her to check the manufactured date. It showed 07/08. Then we went to check out the 08. The maufactured date also showed 07/08. I think they are identical cars, unless they were built at different factory or use different equipment to build??
  • rox2008rox2008 Member Posts: 12
    Hey guys! Awesome posts about the Accord prices.

I am a prospective 1st time buyer and I have narrowed my choice down to the Black EX-L V6 Sedan w/navi & deck lid spoiler. I would like to see if I could purchase a 2008 model and save a few bucks.

I plan to purchase by Thanksgiving Day. My question is, do you all think this 2008 trim model will be gone by then?

What kind of quotes or deals have you got for this trim model?

I have received an informal quote from a friend's contact at a local dealership for 29,800 OTD (27,800 quote). I was suggested to wait a little more for the price to go down a bit b/c of the influx of 2009 models.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks my friend. You got a good deal and a good rate too. I suppose my case is very similar to yours. I am also a recent graduate and don't have a long credit history. only 4 years but my credit score of 700 + too. Thanks for also flagging some other issues like GAp insurane and extended warranty..I am sure one has to be really careful while these guys go through this stuff. What kind of Noise do you get? is this engine noise?
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    I plan to purchase by Thanksgiving Day. My question is, do you all think this 2008 trim model will be gone by then?

Black EX-L V6 Sedan w/navi & deck lid spoiler

Depending on where you are, it might be hard to find NOW!!!
  • rits399rits399 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2008 EX-L Black/Black I4 with Navi yesterday in San Jose, CA for $25500 +Taxes. The only thing the dealer threw in was wheel locks and with a credit score above 760, I got a 3.9% for 60 months with 30% down. It was impossible to find a black on black with Navi and I have made peace with the price.

Has anyone found the same color/model for a lower price in the bay area? I saw a $23500 earlier in the forum but hard to believe that you would get one for $3K below invoice.
  • soccerpal144soccerpal144 Member Posts: 2
    I am currently looking at buying an Accord EX, in the Houston area but I'm not sure what I should be paying. I called the dealership, but no one wanted to give me a quote over the phone. They all want me to come in, which is not something I really wanna do right now. Can anyone tell me what is a reasonable price to pay for an EX 4cylinder. Also does anyone have a list of dealerships in the Houston Area that are good to deal with. Thanks, Melanie :confuse:
    Melanie, Don't waste your time calling dealerships and getting the "come on in" line. Google search "Houston TX Honda Dealers". Then go to each of those dealers websites and use their "request a quote" button to get an internet price quote for your EX. The dealers will email you back a rock bottom internet price. Make your comparisons (make sure the quote includes the $640 destination fee) and then email the best dealer back when you're ready to buy.
    One dealer did this to me. I told them over and over that the car they're showing me is an '09. That they don't have anymore '08s. Well, after signing the papers they're like...oops we made a mistake. We can't give you a '09 for the '08 price. Really irritated me since I told them over the phone that their car is an '09 and also reminding them when I got to the dealership. I have no paitent for games. I went elsewhere (and went ahead with the '09). Which I think was a good price.
    I noticed the 4 bangers idle louder/rougher and transmitt this to the steering wheel. Or at least the one I test drove did (big turn off). The 6 is alot more smoother/refined.
  • soccerpal144soccerpal144 Member Posts: 2
    Thx....will do. :D
    If you test drove both Camry and Accord, you will feel it's more quiet inside when the car is moving. Not a big deal for me though.
    When I was looking for quotes on mine I just went to Honda's website and built what I was looking for and then did the request a quote. It will give you a list of hte nearest dealers and you can send your quote to them. I did that and just hit the "back" button and sent it to each one on the list. :)
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    You may be able to do a little better than that if you can still find that car. The 08 V6 EXL w/ Navi has been hard to find ever since it came out so not much discounts up until now. I paid about $27400 plus TTL and other things for mine but that was 9 months ago and that kind of deals on this trim is few and far between. If you get lucky you may be able to get that price on the 09, By Thanksgiving there may be just a few 08's left, if any, and those will be the least desired colors and trims.
    Parviz,

Thanks for the reply! If its not a big difference in price between the 08 and 09, I'll take the 09.

Is there some bargaining power for myself if there are 08s left on the lot? With the trim model I want, what kind of numbers should I try bidding or counter bidding?

Does the 09 model pose a big difference in pricing?
  • osagiosagi Member Posts: 15
    For a V6 EXL, you number looks good. Can you provide the dealership name? Thanks.
  • kw_dakw_da Member Posts: 76
    Hi All,

Thanks for all the posting on prices. Here is my deal - just bought 8/30/08 at Vista Honda in Ventura - Southern Cal. Persistent salesman - but he made the deal work.

2008 Accord LX-P auto with wheel locks, splash guards, door guards, trunk tray, & some Blue tooth attachment for radio.

$20,000 + TTL = $21750.74 OTD. No trade-in - financed everything @1.9%
    Not sure what the invoice price of the accessories, but the online pricing from San Leandro's website is:
    wheel locks = $39.15
    Splashguard = $81
    Trunktray = $109.35
    Door Edge Guards = $67.50 (can't believe these are so expensive)

BT kit is $99+$12.89 shipping on Ebay - this was listed as $499 on window sticker!!

Also got a cleaning & wax kit.

I figure the approximate invoice price for all this extra stuff was about $400 (vs their sticker of ~1000), but I probably only would paid for the splashguards, if they already didn't have it on the car. So the estimated cost for the car is ~19,600 + TTL w/o the accessories. Deal had to be approved by one of the owners who happened to be there and it was for the red color which isn't that popular. Problem is now, selection is getting scarce and dealers all have added dealer packs (additional profit for them).

Anyway, the deals are out there, but getting scarce - good luck to everyone else - hopefully this first year of the new generation doesn't have teething problems.

David
  • raspegraspeg Member Posts: 8
    Paid $28,700 plus Tax and title. Reading these post I feel a little ripped off. I love the car though. South Florida, FT Lauderdale
  • Just got this yesterday (8/31/08) for $25,539 + TTL in Tempe, AZ. Destination is included, but not 'documentation', which they charged $368 for. Overall, I'm really happy with the car and the transaction.
  • frankcariofrankcario Member Posts: 41
    When looking for quotes (purchased 5 Hondas in the last 7 years) I typically email the following Houston dealers:

1. Streater-Smith Honda (Conroe)
    2. John Eagle Honda
    3. Honda Cars of Katy (owned by John Eagle Honda)
    4. Goodson Honda

In my experience, the first three will quote invoice pricing, with Goodson typically $500-$1,000 more. Now that doesn't mean Goodson won't ultimately match the lowest price, but you gotta visit the dealership to negtotiate, which I refuse to do.

All 5 of our Hondas were purchased at Streater-Smith because they were very easy to deal with - no presssure, had no dealer add ons - except for a few cars with the power pack, and honored the price quoted. I also live in Spring which is a 20 minutes drive to the dealer. I will email the internet sales manager's name if you want it.
    Welll I guess the price of $23500 was for the model without Nav. Your's is with Nav. It looks like you've got a fairly good deal. How is the car driving?
  • glenhead4glenhead4 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, sounds like you did well. We are taxed here at 8.625.
    I'm pushing hard to get my purchase price to 28,500.
    I'm not in a hurry so I'll keep trying.
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    The 09 V6 EXL is about $450 more. There are practically no differences between the 09 and 08 models so I would just pick the one that makes the most financial sense. Personally, I would be happy with around $27500 +TTL on the 08. On the 09 model, invoice price of about $28300 would be my target (it may be a little too soon for that trim to go at invoice). If you are planning to keep the car for at least 5-6 years, the resale will be very close at the end so you want to minimize your up-front cost. Another benefit of getting the 08 model would be the attractive financing that is being offered (1.9 and 3.9 APR?) for the ones that qualify. All in all, a am very happy with my V6 EXL w/ navi. Good luck.
    Frankcario,

Thanks for the heads-up on some local dealers.

I also want to do most of the dealing via internet. When you mentioned they quoted invoice, was that on the first email or did you work to reach the invoice price?

Should I initially bid at invoice or lowball it?

So far, the best 1st quote was from John Eagle at 27543 (08 EX-L V6 Accord Sedan w/navi)