Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dm730dm730 Member Posts: 1
    I bought an 08 V6 EX-L with the appearence package. I walked out at $26,800 including TTL and all fees. I am very happy with my purchase and from what I seem to be reading from other peoples posts I got a pretty good deal.
  • goosey111goosey111 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you so much for the great advice. I called and emailed several local dealerships for the best price. After going back and forth with a couple of dealerships, I got an awsome deal. I was able to get a 2008 LXP with a spoiler for $22,600 drive out.

Thanks again,

Michelle in TX
  • csr67csr67 Member Posts: 58
    Awesome! Enjoy the new Accord. I'm glad the advice worked for you. After buying my last four cars this way, I don't see why anyone would waste time dealing with all the games at the dealership.
  • macrodomemacrodome Member Posts: 6
    Madison Honda, Madison, NJ. I worked with Jacob Feldon. I just told him what I was willing to pay. Of course there were the little games of trying to get you to go up a little more, but I said, "I'd think about it" and proceeded to put my reading glasses back in their case. He said, "wait a minute" and ran off. Was back in a couple of minutes and said,"you just bought a car".

If you do go there tell him Barbara who bought the blue '09 EXL V6 (and picked it up on her husband's birthday) sent you. I still have to pick up my perm plates when they come in and I think he'd get a kick out of getting a referral.
    I paid $500 over invoice for '09 EX-L V6 w/out Navi a week and a half ago from Madison Honda in Madison, NJ
  • veneetleveneetle Member Posts: 6
    I got Automatic V6 Sedan 2008 Accord EX-L from Houston McDavid paid $26,865 OTD
    $25,000 + 1865 ( TT&L ) = $26,865

They still have a few more EXL V6 at McDavid Honda on South I45
  • theplaytheplay Member Posts: 2
    Thank You and everyone who has contributed their information and experiences! I bought the car in 1 week from start to finish. I feel compelled to not just lurk, but to contribute as well. I picked up a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 w/o Nav this weekend for $25,646 (including destination & dealer doc fees, but no state fees ) at Scott Honda in PA. I live in DE and the dealers here would not deal. One of the wouldn't ever reply to a request for a quote. I also dealt with Turnersville and Route 22 Honda in NJ (all close on price). You really have to include the dealer doc fees because some of them are ridiculous, especially for an out of state sale. The wife wanted the polished metal and it was not worth driving 200 R/T for a few $$$ less. The trim selection is getting thin so if you want what you want in an '08 I suggest you buy tonight and get the good financing as well, I did. I don't want to sound like a Honda ad, but if your here you already know that Honda is the best car in the price range. That is why it is more $$$ than any other compatible car in it's class.

One other thing, the car buying experience sure has changed. I guess you can still lump all salesmen together with lawyers and politicians, but i have to admit a lot of the people i dealt with were very professional. The team I had at Scott were all top drawer and I would be happy to refer you if asked.

Thanks Again!
  • dreyes81dreyes81 Member Posts: 2
    I called and called and called. Recieved prices from long island, staten island, new jersey. Everyone said to stay away from brooklyn. Well..... Eventually leased a car in brooklyn for less.

Just want to make sure that I received a fair deal and let everyone else know. I am paying $320 a month for a Honda Accord EXL V4 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year for 36 months. I put down tax, title, and Dmv which was $2,000. On a side note I love the fact that they say no money down yet I am putting down $2000.00. I understand it I just find it funny.

In long island I was getting prices $338 to $350 with the same amount down.
  • rits399rits399 Member Posts: 2
    The car is driving well, it's for my wife and she loves it.
  • kseshadrkseshadr Member Posts: 24
    I have a potential deal to buy an 08 EX Auto for 20,200 including freight (no TTL).

Is this a good deal? Or can I do better?

Thanks
  • nish_njnish_nj Member Posts: 9
    Sounds like a good deal. Where is this? How much is EX-L going for?
  • frankcariofrankcario Member Posts: 41
    Quoted invoice in my initial email, which all dealers agreed to, then went back to my preferred dealer, Streater-Smith and offered $500 under invoice, which they accepted. To be fair, this was a cash deal and the 5th Honda we purchased from them in seven years, so there was some incentive on their part, plus it was Memorial Day weekend. I would have been happy with invoice pricing, but the extra $500 sealed it. If you don't ask, you won't know. Lowballing might work if the dealer has a large inventory.
  • csr67csr67 Member Posts: 58
    Sounds like a decent price, but if it's an 08, you should be able to easily go $1000 under invoice at any well stocked dealer. The old myth of getting a good price due to a "cash deal" is not true. The dealer would be much happier to make some $$ of getting you into a finance contract, and they make nothing when it's all cash. Even so, I got my 08 EXL v6 for $1,250 under invoice with a cash deal.
  • markayo1markayo1 Member Posts: 23
    HAS ANYONE FOUND A GOOD DEAL IN OR AROUND MICHIGAN ON A 2009 HONDA ACCORD EX-L 4 CYL.SEDAN ?
  • cr2000cr2000 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe Sunday for $26,200. Traded a 2003 Accord V6 with 108k miles for $10,500. Total out of pocket (before MA taxes) was $15,700. Deal was done at Boch Honda in Norwood, MA.

Walked out when they refused the deal, but sure enough they called an hour later and took my offer. Perhaps quotas for labor day weekend had something to do with it, either way I was very pleased to get a 2009 under invoice, and more than book value on my trade.

I've owned nothing but Honda's for the past 15 years and I have to say, this new Accord is beyond my expectations. This car simply doesn't disappoint!
  • w_byrnesw_byrnes Member Posts: 20
    After having read waterbump's post, I contacted Wesley Chapel Honda in central Florida too and one of their internet managers offered me a great deal on a 09 EX Coupe. The price before TTL is $20320. This includes their doc fees. Out of door price is $217xx. If I am not mistaken, this is $1700 below invoice. Again, it is a 09. There is no trade-in involved and the mileage on that car is 7 miles. It was manufactured in July 2008. I think the 08 and 09 are identical.

I don't think I can post his contact info here. But I can email it to you if you are interested.
  • waterbumpwaterbump Member Posts: 17
    I'm glad you got a great deal, but if you need financing, be careful.Put attention to the detail. I'm happy for the price, but nothing else.
    Thanks for the heads up. The finance manager was very nice too. He did not even push for warranty or anything. He just said he had to mention it. I did not use their finance either.
  • nish_njnish_nj Member Posts: 9
    This sounds like an awsome deal. I am planning on buying EX-L 4 cyl. Am in NJ. What do you think I should make in an offer?
  • sweetoothsweetooth Member Posts: 23
    How do i find the invoice on a car? When members of the forum say 1000 below invoice, do you mean 1000 below the edmunds.com shown invoice?
    My car salesman told me that if i want to find real invoice on the car, i should just subtract 700 from his offer.....
    any help in understanding these offers and the whole holdback/advertising fee ( should i subtract it from the invoice shown on edmunds to get to real invoice)concept will be very much appreciated :sick: tired and sick of dealing with dealers...
  • sactownsactown Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased an '08 Accord EX-L V6 w/o navi sedan from AutoWest in Roseville, CA.

Price = 25,300 + TTL

I went through their internet sales department and priced it against several other local dealers. AutoWest came back with the best deal. There seems to be a lot of Silver color models left in the area so you can probable get a great deal.

I even got a nice finance deal of 0.9% financing for 36 months.

Good luck.
  • itsmaheshpitsmaheshp Member Posts: 11
    I came to know from my colleague that Honda has marked down the price for 2009 Honda Accords by $2000.

Is this info correct?

Thanks,
    Mahesh
    I bought 2009 Honda Accord Sedan 4cyl for an OTD - $25000 in VA.
    Google 2009 Honda Accord Invoice Price

Here's an example of what is returned.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2009-honda-accord-2.htm
  • twotonetommytwotonetommy Member Posts: 35
    hi mplshondadlr

Someone mentioned a major price reduction for accords (post #21921). Is this true. Can you give us the breakdown?

thanks
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    That's absolutely WRONG.

Prices can be found at on Honda's website, and on the 2009 Accord, they have gone UP.
  • loukinglouking Member Posts: 28
    May I ask Which Accord did you get ?
    I'm looking to buy the 2009 EXL 4cyl AT. The only prices I have gotten are from local dealers reponding to my "Edmunds Requests a Qoute". The dealer claims the price $100 over invoice & detination, ie. . Here is a direct qoute from the email they sent:
    "My lowest price on the 2009 EXL is invoice $24,569 + $149 doc fee. If anybody tells you they can sell it for lower than that they are not being truthful."
    Can I buy the car for less ?
    Thanks,
    Cheap Scottish [non-permissible content removed]
    I have bought 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 4cyl. $23000 base price + Taxes & everything= $25000
    Thanks for your reply. Was the $23000 including destination and doc fee?
    No This was just the price of the car....It was total OTD : $25000
  • mrebeanmrebean Member Posts: 13
    guess i'm an idiot because i can't figure out how to email another member on here?!

i was just about to close on a coupe @kuhn honda in tampa. i have a great price, but from reading on here, it seems wesley chapel might be able to do better. can you mail me the name of your salesman? was it the internet sales manager or fleet manager?

thanks in advance!
  • happy_accordhappy_accord Member Posts: 2
    this included the decklid spoiler. TTL was $27,774. I found that same car w/o navi could be had MUCH cheaper...dealers are loaded with them. There aren't too many with Nav though so I was happy with my price. Edmunds and others list invoice within $100 of 26,100.. They delivered the car to my home wiht all paperwork ready. It took less than 1 hour. I love my Bluetooth and Navi!!!
    I just sent you a message. Let me know if you did not receive it. Good luck!
  • miketxnymiketxny Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up a new 09 LX-S (4-cyl) for $21930.12 plus $299.00 for the paint/fabric protection. I think that's a good deal considering the sticker price is $23,725. They didn't charge at all for the "protection package" (trunk liner, splash guards, door guards). I don't think they are making a ton off the financing, either, because I got 8.6% through Honda with so-so credit. I did see the invoice for the car, and it was about $200 more than what I paid. You never know with car dealers, but I think I got a good deal.
  • accord_searchaccord_search Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    I have tried to get my car (Accord'07) repaired 3 times for the same problem (rattling noises) but without any success. I bought the car in New Jersey. Can anyone suggest or share experience regarding which arbiteration process is the most helpful one? There are number of arbiteration processes:- NJ State aribiteration process, BBB process, NADA, or a law suit in a court.

Appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks,
  • wgorillawgorilla Member Posts: 20
    Price $27,000 (Includes the wheel locks, mud flaps, trunk tray, pin stripes and destination)
    Sales Tax $949.06 (6.25% in Texas, we had $12,000 trade)
    Dealer Inventory Tax $46.36
    Inspection and Title Fee $54.75
    License Fee $72.30
    Documentary Fee $50.00
    Deputy Service Fee $5.00 (didn't think to ask what the heck this is)

Tint was extra $185. We also added $125 value care plan which gets us four oil changes (1 every 5,000 mi) and two tire rotations. We were able to get 2.9% on 48 months after initially being pitched 5.2%. Finance mgr looked at me like I was out of my mind when I said 2.9 was what we were looking for. I was counting on their sales being slow and our credit. Anyway, he left and came back after a few minutes (and after we almost left) with the 2.9. I feel really good about getting this on an '09. I figure we'll save over $800 for the life of the loan.

I know we could have done much better with an '08, but it's my wife's car and she wanted an '09. And like the salesman kept saying, "she's the boss!".
  • dj9dj9 Member Posts: 5
    Hoping the experienced buyers who know their numbers can help me out. I'm specifically looking for a Honda Accord LX either 2008 or 2009 with polished metal metallic as the color (dark grey) and black cloth seats for the interior. One dealership in Los Angeles gave me an internet price of $19507 (this includes the destination charge, but not the tax, license, etc fees) and said he can have my color combo here in about a day (he said there are only 4 of these in my color scheme in CA). He would also beat the loJack discount price that I was quoted through the AAA rep.

My other quote was through the AAA referral program and that is for a 2009 Honda Accord LX, invoice total listed as $20,418.36 then she added $500 (I guess this is the price over "invoice") and with tax, license, etc fees the grand total comes to $22,951.02.

Do these two prices seem reasonable? I don't know how much $ is reasonable over invoice for their commission. Any help would be great! Thanks!
  • keitha3keitha3 Member Posts: 124
    2009 pearl white EX-L Six w/o navigation.
    I got a lot of extras: Chrome wheels, chrome grill, spoiler, protection package, wheel locks, blue tooth (promotional for no extra charge).

$31,735 MSRP with destination. Paid $29,515 Document charge $55. License $197.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Is the accord better than the camry and the lexus IS?
  • andyf4andyf4 Member Posts: 1
    Contacting these people - http://www.lemonlaw.com/ - I used them when my 04 Ford Explorer had extensive problems and they got me a great settlement - It took almost 2 yrs, but it was well worth it. Best of all, they don't get paid if you don't so it's a win-win...good luck
  • btlew81btlew81 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all...
    I am looking to purchase either a 2008 or 2009 Accord 4 cyl, auto, in EX or EX-L trim. So far, Here are my best quotes:

EX
    2008 - 22,000
    2009 - 22,600

EX-L
    2008 - 23,700
    2009 - 24,600

What do you think so far?

I am in the south burbs of Chicago.
  • veneetleveneetle Member Posts: 6
    What dealer did you get it at? and could you also email me name of person sold you the car? and did you negotiated the price of the car before the trade-in? as I am interest in the same car you bought. thank you
  • wgorillawgorilla Member Posts: 20
    Bankston Honda in Lewisville. Our salesman was Dennys (a guy, and yes, it is with a "y", not an "i", and is pronounced like "Dennis"). We didn't negotiate with him, but rather through him, as he was a messenger running the offers and counter offers back and forth. I actually liked doing it that way because it was low pressure not having someone stare you in the face to see if you'll bite. I don't know if they always do business that way, but we never saw who he was running the numbers to. I'd highly recommend him. He was very accommodating while we took our time looking at several cars and was very polite...not flippant, condescending or impatient at all. They still have some '08's if you want to try to get the 1.9% and better price.

We negotiated the price and trade at the same time, but the trade was agreed on quickly. We looked up the trade by condition/mileage on kelly blue book. They were $500 off what we told ourselves we should get and came up to that on our first counteroffer, no problems.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience until we got to the finance guy. He tried to rush us through it by pushing the documents in our face too quickly for signatures and got real short and testy ("I guess you don't want the car", etc.) when we were like "whoa whoa...wait...not at that interest rate". I don't know if 2.9% on an '09 through AHF is all that common yet so early in the model year, but that is what we got after we threatened deal's off/we're leaving.
  • tiffanyrsetiffanyrse Member Posts: 2
    Please help, I have email several dealer in Houston area but the lowest I could get was 27,000 + TT&L. And I saw some one posted that he/she got I4 EXL for $23,000 + TT&L, so the price for V6 should be 25,000 + TT&L?? I understand that there's different in price if you in a diff. maket area but is it really that much diff?
    Any help on how to get my 2009 Accord EXL V6 for the lowest possible price is much appricated.. thank you.. thank you very much
    Tiffany in Houston
  • sprmariosprmario Member Posts: 15
    been working on trying to negotiate via the internet. I have been pretty frustrated by clearly form responses that always end in "when can you come in?" The form responses seem to have almost nothing to do with whatever I say in my email.

i can only say that it is similar to trying to negotiate with a magic 8 ball.

Me: I'd like to offer $25,200 on XXXX car.
    Response: It is decidedly so. When can you come in?
    Me: I'd like to get a quote from you on XXXX car. My best offer is $yy,yyy.
    Response: Most likely. When can you come in?
    Me: I am serious, i am looking to purchase as soon as i come to an agreement on price. Can you beat $yy,yyy? If you can do $ww,www we have a deal.
    Response: Signs point to yes. When can you come in?
    I got an offer for $24950 before TTL for 09 EXL V6 w/o Navi too. Actually it was 24250 + $699 doc fees so basically $24950. This was in Tampa Florida. I ended up with a 09 EX I4 though.
    The price is way too high compared to what I got durning the labor day weekend. It was a 09 EX I4. Price before TTL is about $203xx.xx and out of door is $218xx.xx. This was in Tampa, FL. No trade was involved.
  • bfryerbfryer Member Posts: 3
    Mid. ga dealer sold me my first 2008 Accord sedan 5 speed automatic for 20324 out the door. included 499 dealer fee and 7 % sales tax. and 21 for title fee and lemon fee. thats Butlerhonda.com in Milledgeville, Ga. the internet manager is a super guy , name is Danny. A few weeks later I bought a second Accord exactly like the first and paid 20755 out the door. more but still was a super deal. These purchases were made in May of this year. Both of our 2008 Accords are 4 dr.LX models with Automatic 5 speed transmissions, pin stripes and mud flaps installed. Also got 2.9 % financing for 60 months. Tell Danny that Ben from Macon with the two White Accords told you to look him up.