Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tiffanyrsetiffanyrse Member Posts: 2
    I wish I had know this as I just went there in August. Thank you for your reply, it seems that Honda prices in Houston is among the highest. Anyone dis-agree would like to help me with my purchase in Houston? thanks for all your help
    For others whom looking for a Honda in Tampa would you specify what dealer offer you the car for stated price?
  • mrebeanmrebean Member Posts: 13
    did u happen to read my message to you in my friend request?
  • kseshadrkseshadr Member Posts: 24
    What's the lowest price I should expect to pay for an EX-L EXCLUDING freight and TTL ? I am trying to get in on the last few left out there....
  • veneetleveneetle Member Posts: 6
    $24,600 + 600 (shipping) + TTL
    i've been quoted as low as $25.000 out the door for a 2009 EX-L

that includes taxes (6% + $50), destination ($670) and dealer / document / misc fees (roughly $900).

you're obviously talking about a 2008 since you said you're trying to get one of "the last few left out there", so i would automatically take off of my price by at least $500.

good luck though, because from what i've read here and other places, i've got a very aggressive price.

oh, by the way, this is for an EX-L coupe. the sedans you can get for even cheaper because dealerships have more of those in stock than the 2drs.
  • w_byrnesw_byrnes Member Posts: 20
    Did you get me message, by the way?
  • keitha3keitha3 Member Posts: 124
    Lowest price I was quoted via the internet for an '08 was $25,300 which included destination, but that was for the 6 banger. If you're talking about the four, I'd imagine it would be much less. I'd send out one of the Edmunds emails and see how your local dealers respond.
  • accord_searchaccord_search Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Andy.
  • sprmariosprmario Member Posts: 15
    Right now I'm at $25,150 for 2008 EX-L V6 Coupe and that includes the destination charge.

Car $24,480
    Destination 670
    Tag,Title,fees 355
    Tax 1,685 (6.5% + $50)

TOTAL 27,190

I think that is pretty close to rock bottom... I might be able to squeeze 1 or 2 hundreed off it seems.
  • defcarpenterdefcarpenter Member Posts: 18
    Hi, I am interested in purchasing either a 2008 or 2009 Accord LX (possibly LX-P) or Camry LE (possibly CE w/ keyless entry). My husband's 2000 Toyota Camry LE was recently totaled due to a huge goof on an oil change. The mechanic accidentally used the wrong oil filter. As my husband drove away, the oil filter popped off, the oil completely drained, and the engine was fried! Needless to say, we are pretty perturbed, and we are now looking at a replacement vehicle (once we settle with the insurance company, which has been a long ordeal). We just bought a 2008 Honda Odyssey in June, so we were completely unprepared for another new car purchase this year! It doesn't seem like there are as many dealer incentives right now. I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has recently had a positive buying experience in the Memphis area. Thanks, Dawn
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    the mechanic who changed the oil is liable. they have insurance go after them to get you a car.
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    I can't speak of the Memphis market personally. Get some internet quotes from your area dealerships. You are on the right track just by educating yourself through edmunds.

Do an inventory search for Honda here and compare to what you find on your own. They are in the Memphis market.

Honda

Do an inventory search here for Toyota to compare their prices with what you find.
    They are not in Memphis but might be close enough to use as a vague reference point.

Toyota
  • loukinglouking Member Posts: 28
    I'm currently shopping for an 2009 Accord sedan EXL (without navigation).

I need advice on how much I should pay.

Thanks

in St. Louis, MO.

Can anyone advise or share their purchase details.

PS - Please be advised, I'm not sure what the abreviations stand for.
  • ckalolackalola Member Posts: 6
    greetings,

is 20219 a good price for a 08 accord lx-p auto (price includes destination charge, but nothing else...no options)?

thanks,
    just keep in mind there is a $500 incentive right now on the 08 ...OR the special financing (if you qualify)
  • markayo1markayo1 Member Posts: 23
    IS THAT $500 INCENTIVE RIGHT NOW ON THE 2008 ACCORD EX-L OR THE 2009 ?
    08 only. not sure if it is an incentive or dealer cash ...but you can only use the $500 or the 1.9% = 36m or 3.9% = 37-60m.
  • keitha3keitha3 Member Posts: 124
    And given the fact that the 09 and 08 models are pretty much one and the same, it seems prudent to go with the 08 and save thousands (when also factoring in that they're trying to get the 08's off the lot to make room for the new year's model.

And, at least a week ago, there were plenty of 08's to choose from in some of the dealers near me.

Just make sure to take a good test drive and do things like check for the shimmy problem, test for the flickering lights (depending on whether you want a 4 or 6 cylinder), and adjust the lumbar support to make sure it'll work for you.

When I test drove my Accord, I couldn't stand the lumbar support. But, after setting the lumbar adjuster as low as it would go, it was just fine for me. That might not be the case for everyone.

Still, I'm loving my new Accord.
  • sprmariosprmario Member Posts: 15
    Just made my purchase. The final car invoice sheet is pretty complicated. I'm going to simplify it to a few lines:

2008 EX-L V6 Coupe w/o Navi.

Car $24,455
    Destination Fee $670
    Misc Fees $355
    Taxes $1685
    Total $27,165

South Motors Honda in Miami.

I ended up not being able to work out a deal with my trade in. I have a 2004 Nissan 350z. I had gone to CarMax before and gotten a quote for $14,000. which wasn't terrible but I was hoping to get a little more from the dealer and then get the tax savings on top. The dealer offered me $11,000. Then they upped it to $12,000 when they didn't input the right trim in their system.

I showed them the Carmax quote and they asked if they could match it and they said no. I think i got a very good price on my car at $27,165 out the door in Florida. I financed at 3.9% for 60 months putting down $7,165 leaving me a payment of $369 for 60 months.

I think i'm going to go private party sale on my 350z. I think i can get over $16k for it.

good luck to everyone here.
  • macrodomemacrodome Member Posts: 6
    Congrats on your deal!
    Did you purchase or lease/finance?
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    hey guys, i just signed a pre-contract with garden state honda in route 3 west NJ. they game the
    2008 lx automatic for 19765 OTD with 7% taxes. the car price was 17175 + 670 dest. i got it on beige. only certain colors apply, but you can get a fully loaded or v6 for 2000 below invoice. their doc fee is 299, very high but it was worth it. i got an e-mail with a bunch of cars, including civics, crvs etc, u must mention the e-mail, and i am sure they will let go those cars. all other cars u may get them below invoice but not 2000. i am going to pick it up on monday, as i need to get the insurance on the car, they don't let you take it without having proof from the insurance company OK's the car, as they got a law suit recently (i recalled it was on the newspaper), but again, the precontract is on, so i will have to wait. they all models, but certain colors, i could have gotten the ex for 22200 OTD but the color silver was horrible in my opinion, but again, i hope this helps.
  • acehawkacehawk Member Posts: 22
    23600+TTL w/ special financing in Maryland.
  • ljctxljctx Member Posts: 14
    What is anyone actually buying the 2008 or 2009 Honda EX-L 3.5 w/o Nav paying in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? I will be buying within the next two weeks. What are the best dealerships to work with? :)
  • paeataapaeataa Member Posts: 12
    The best quote I got right now is

$21,326 for LX-P including destination fees, but nothing else
    $22,762 for EX including destination fees, but nothing else.

Do you think I could have better deal?

I can't make a decision on LX-P or EX. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • sherlock123sherlock123 Member Posts: 4
    I have gone to Planet Honda, they were pretty straight forward. I have bought a honda civic from there not the greatest salesman in terms of being NICE but they were straight forward as to how much they can negotiate up to.

Route22Honda
    avoid them like anything, forget salesman the manager working this saturday was a jerk. He stormed out of negotiation and said you waste me and my salesman time. And it was only 10 minutes that he sat down with us and told us a story how you derive the right figure for a photocopy which is 10 cent by including electricity, toner etc. Then storms out after we didn't like what he offered, a complete idiot.

Toyota salesman were the best at autoland, i would highly recommend them if someone interested in toyota in New jersey.
    The best quote i received from Planet Honda and i am paying CASH! not financing.

21,600 ...this is the out the door everything included even taxes.
    21,800...OutTheDoor...from Route22Honda

NJ sales tax is 7%

You guys think i should settle for this or look at somewhere else ?
    Please if u know any dealer within NJ that could offer better prices..thanks for help.
  • cougs78cougs78 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased the 09 EXL Sedan for $24,500 at a Seattle Area Dealer which included destination fees.
    If you REALLY want a 09 i guess it sounds about right, but if you want to get a 08 i think you can get a better deal.
  • jac608jac608 Member Posts: 4
    Dealer has demo 2008 Accord EX-L with about 2,000 miles. Listed at $22,900. Is this a good price? How much less should I offer? I'm torn, because I either get the accord or a new Chrysler Town & Country minivan for about the same $. Never had a minivan....any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    JAC
  • loukinglouking Member Posts: 28
    You can get a 2009 EXL for $24,569 OTD
  • wickedskillzwickedskillz Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2008 Accord V6 EX (non leather) for $24,800 OTD, which included one oil change and what they called the protection package (wheel locks and rubber strips for the doors). Do not deal with Dublin Honda as I received a quote from them for $23,300 which included destination fee and room for negotiation. However when I got there they wanted to add the destination fee and were not willing to negotiate because the fleet manager said he had just sold one did not care if this one sold or not. When I called later in the day, they still had 2, which was what they had beginning of the week.
  • jac608jac608 Member Posts: 4
    Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is OTD?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    You're not ignorant! :)

OTD around here stands for the "Out The Door" price, meaning everything included, what'd you pay for the car (Tax, Document Fees, Accessories, etc).
  • idrbsidrbs Member Posts: 1
    re: 09 EXL for 24,569 OTD V6 or 4 Cyl ? Assume 4
  • kseshadrkseshadr Member Posts: 24
    I am still holding out for a better price on an EX-L Auto 08 4-cyl. Best price so far is
    $22,000 + Dest + TTL. Is this a good deal? Any one getting better price quotes, especially in the DC Area?
    Thanks for the reply,
    This coming weekend will go to some other dealer and if nothing better then finalize the deal this saturday. I'll update you guys for sure.

Thanks.
    Sounds like a great deal. Lowest price i seen. Is this w/ special financing ? Do u mind telling us which dealership in or near DC ?
  • greatwhitegreatwhite Member Posts: 7
    I had same confusion when I bought mine in Dec 2007. But Finally I went with EX because:
    1) More power 190 Vs 177
    2) 6 cd changer
    3) Sunroof
    4) Better Interior cloth
    5) 17" Alloy
    6) Leather cup holder cover (not important).
    7) Diff in $ is only 1400(in your case)

I bought my 2008 Honda Accord EX in Dec for 22000+ TTL. OTD 23700 in MN
    Hope this helps.
    :)
  • carbuyer53carbuyer53 Member Posts: 1
    Is $20,350 + tax, licence, documentation fee a good price for 2009 automatic Honda Accord LX in the San Francisco area? Please, let me know.

Thanks
  • dom_chandom_chan Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote OTD $24,500 from a dealer for a 2009 Automatic Accord EX Coupe in Indianapolis. Is this a good price?
  • markayo1markayo1 Member Posts: 23
    Where did you find that price $24,569 for a 2009 Accord EX-L ? Is that with TTL and everything? Wish I could find that in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area.
  • kendirrkendirr Member Posts: 8
    Just picked up my 2009 Accord Sedan EX-L 4-cylinder Manual with Navigation yesterday. Included wheel locks and a pin stripe. Paid $24,949 + tax,tags.
  • ckalolackalola Member Posts: 6
    just bought a 08 accord EX-L auto sedan in mystic green for 23400 (including destination) + tax + tags for a total of 25014 (otd) at lehigh valley honda in allentown, pa. this is with the 1.9% financing over 36 months. good deal?
  • nubbsynubbsy Member Posts: 1
    Best price we can so far has been 23927 OTD (including options). Is this a take it or leave it deal? We would like to make a decision by the end of this week. Thanks
  • marc251marc251 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone received any recent quotes for a new 2008/2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4CYL Sedan in the Boston area?
  • carfan2009carfan2009 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

I'm a newbie around here. I'm closing in on a 2009 LX-S and I wanted to get some feedback on the riding and feel of the car. I'm trying to make a sound decision here and your input will be greatly appreciated. I might close the deal before this weekend if I get the right deal.
    I've got a deal for LX-P $21,200 inc. destination fee only. I am feeling that I will be paying to much for that compared to other people here got.

The invoice price is $21,126. How much should I go lower than that? Can I go lower than the invoice price?
  • imolam3imolam3 Member Posts: 7
    need help guys, buying a car for my wife, and i need a basic model with automatic trans. I am in NJ, what is the best OTD price for LX or EX automatic I should pay? and what dealership you got teh quote from?. Thank in advance.
    Can anyone give the 09 Accord LX-P OTD they paid, please? :(

We got $22,558 OTD, but feel that it's too high compared to what you guys paid for EX-L.

Also, how long the license plate/registration fees last? The rep. told me it would end in May which is my Birthday. Is that true?

Thanks a lot! :blush:
  • im2xlntim2xlnt Member Posts: 6
    Hi all accord owners,
    I am trying to become 2008 accord owner!!

We got a deal 2008 Accord LX-P for 21000
    And 2008 Accord EX for 22500.

I am leaning more towards EX, but just realized that, EX has 101 cu ft of passenger volume and LX-P has 106 cu ft.
    Can anyone give thier opinion? Does 5 cu ft of passenger volume ( i think it is realized as extra head room) matter?

Thanks, Mike.