Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• im2xlntim2xlnt Member Posts: 6
    we got an OTD for 2009 accord LX-P for $21,700. So try negotiating.
  • sherlock123sherlock123 Member Posts: 4
    In NJ Planet Honda Route 22 got a quote for 2009 Lx Automatic.

OTD or out the door price we got was 21,600. The best Quote i have gotten since visiting 2 honda dealers. I am going again this saturday to other dealers, see if we can get a better deal.

Just stay away from Route22Honda dealers, they are seriously rude and con artist.

If you find any other good deal, please do post since i am looking for one as well.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    It only matters if you fit under the sunroof, or not...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

can anyone let me know is it good to go with 2008 honda accord EX[ 4cyl,automatic transmission] OR 2008LXP[4cyl,automatic transmission]

also i would like to know has anyone put aftermarket leather which is katzkin leather on LXP[i am getting a deal for LXP where dealer is providing aftermarket leather]

plz provide your suggestion is it good to go with LXP+aftermarket leather or EX

actually in the out of the door price i am landing up in paying only 500dollars more for EX

plz let me know which one would be a good buy

i live in raleigh,northcarolina

cctopshop[its in fayetteville,NC] provides katzkin leather and whoever got done through them had no complaints and the dealer is getting leather done for LXP thru these people

have anyone of you heard of cctopshop and let me know if anyone of you ever had leather upholstry thru them and plz share your experience
  • paeataapaeataa Member Posts: 12
    I had been choosing between these two trim levels, but end up choosing LX-P as I don't need the moonroof, and a bit more horsepower. Also, I am a tall person and have no idea if I can fit in the Accord with the moonroof.

That's my personal opinion.

My friends and I will buy the LXP next week and now we are shopping for the price $21,000 OTD, but no dealers have responded yet.
    Is it better to buy 2008 LXP for 21K with 1.9% APR for 36 months or 2009 LXP for 21K with out 1.9 APR.
    I am choosing 2008, since there are not much differences in 2009
  • rox2008rox2008 Member Posts: 12
    In the Houston market looking to buy an 08 or 09 EX-L V6 Sedan with Navi & Deck lid spoiler.

My question is how much should I start bidding at especially if I want to go with the last of the 08 inventory? (please post prices w/o destination) thanks everyone!!!

I plan to put 6K down as well.
  • imolam3imolam3 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you. i will defently let you know.
    I got better deal from a dealership 35 minutes away from home while 20-min-away dealership offers me about $300 higher than the former one, but they have lifetime FREE oil changes.

Is the lifetime free oil change worth for that $300 difference?

Should I care about the 15 mins difference?

After buying a car from one dealership, can we have services from other dealers? Will we get charged differently from their own customers?

I don't know anything about dealerships and after-sales services for Honda in the US because it's going to be my first Honda.

Thank you all.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    After buying a car from one dealership, can we have services from other dealers?

Definitely (dealers wouldn't turn you away; they make too much money off of you getting your car maintained there). Although, I'm sure you wouldn't qualify for free oil changes at dealer B if you bought your car from dealer A.
    thanks, thegraduate. I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be charged more than the customers who bought the car from them.

Do you how much the oil change cost though? If it's about $50 a time anywhere, I think I'll pass this offer.
  • csr67csr67 Member Posts: 58
    At my local Honda Dealer, they always have their "Honda Express Oil Change" on special for $32.95. Done in 30 minutes, very easy.
  • markayo1markayo1 Member Posts: 23
    What should I offer on a 2008 honda accord EX-L sedan 4 cyl. with 19,010 miles on it? I live in Grand Rapids, Mi. Please help. Thank-you.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Shouldn't be more than $30 for a simple oil and filter change ($24 is good), although here in Birmingham it's hard to get that without an inspection/fluid-top-off for $37 or so.
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    there is a formula to figure out a current used car. take 20% of msrp and subtradt it then subtract .15 for each mile on the car then take another 900.00 for high miles . 12K miles per year is normal over is high miles.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    there is a formula to figure out a current used car. take 20% of msrp and subtradt it then subtract .15 for each mile on the car then take another 900.00 for high miles . 12K miles per year is normal over is high miles.

I don't know where you get your formula but I don't think it's going to work.

'08 EX-L MSRP = 25,730 - 5146 (20%) - 2850 (Miles) - 900 = 16,834

You might be able to get a '06 EX-L for 16K.
  • hondawonderhondawonder Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I got an offer at $23666 OTD for EX 4 cl, 5 auto. Is this a good deal or I still have space to negociate?! Please advise. Many thanks! :confuse:
  • hold31hold31 Member Posts: 6
    O.k i went to Honda and they are offering me this:Car is a 4 dr sedan w/ navi. Auto, not v6. Black with black leather. Thanks all who respond
    26,500 for car
    4,000 trade on my semi ,o.k 02 altima 78,200 miles with a dent on side
    ---------------
    1,828 sales tax at 8.125%
    45 dealers optional fee for processing
    74.50 registration fee
    10 inspection fee
    12.50 nys waste tire
    ----------------
    $24,470.13
    4,000 cash down
    ------------
    I am finacing through my bank at 6.5% for 60 months. Is this their final offer on the car? I signed vechile cash agreement form but did not leave a deposit or anything. Middletown ny,
    I got confused. First I thought OTD price included everything. But when the sales rep. told me that as I did not have my car or a current plate that I could transfer to my new car, I had to pay for the new plate fees.

How much should that be for the 09 LX-P a/t? Am I being fooled? What would that affect my OTD price?

Thanks,
  • kendirrkendirr Member Posts: 8
    You were not clear in your post, but I am guessing the car is a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L 4-cylinder automatic with navigation. Based on Edmund's invoice prices, the invoice price for that car is $26086. So their quote is about $400 over invoice. Honestly, I do not think that is a good deal for a 2008. You should be under invoice. I got my 2009 Accord Sedan EX-L 4-cylinder manual with navigation for ~$800 under invoice. You didn't give any specifics about your trade-in, but taking the entry level 2002 Altima (2.5), the "fair" trade-in from KBB is $4500. So $4000 may be low as well.
  • buckeye_90buckeye_90 Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone had any experience with Auto Brokers in the Jacksonville, Florida area? I hate the whole car buying process so I was thinking about using a buying service this time to shop for a new Accord. Hoping to save some money and headaches! Anyone have any experience with this company? Owner 1st

Thanks!
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Before going the car buying service route I'd go to the car buying tips web site which offers a wealth of information that might help you.
  • honda00honda00 Member Posts: 29
    kendirr,

You were able to get a 2009 at $800 under invoice? For a 2009? Was there a trade involved? That sounds too good to be true. Did you mean to say 2008?
    The NADA price of $20,456 is without the $670 delivery fee. Typically you add that in as it is a given, which gives you $21,126. That is the same as KBB (which included the delivery fee). Edmunds for some reason does not list the invoice prices on the 2009s yet. The TMV is their guess as to what you might pay at a dealer (usually it is somewhere between the invoice and MSRP). So they are guessing $23,054. You should be shooting for something close to invoice ($21,126). E-mail all the regional Honda dealers in your area and start leveraging their prices against each other.
    No, I bought a 2009. The price on the car was set prior to bringing my trade-in into the picture. In fact, the price was set via e-mail before I told them about my trade. If I wanted to I could have bought the car at that price ($24,949 for a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4-cylinder Manual with Navigation, wheel locks, and pin stripe) without the trade-in. KBB put my 2001 VW Passat at $5500 for "good" and $4700 for "fair" condition. I got $4800 for my trade which was probably $200-$300 low. But I was happy enough given the deal on the Accord.
  • honda00honda00 Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like you got a great deal. I'm considering buying a 2009 as well. Did you contact more than one dealer? Were they all going below invoice already for a 2009? I thought I would have to wait a couple of months to get at invoice or below invoice pricing on a 2009 maybe that isn't the case.
    I contacted all the regional dealers in my area (Philly) via e-mail. Not all responded. I did get quotes from quite a few. The Accord variant I was looking for is not very popular. So no one in my area had one, nor thought they would be getting one. Even so I got quotes from $800 over invoice to $500 under MSRP (!). When I pursued the "$800 over invoice" dealer, the dealer came back and said they searched up and down the east coast and could not find what I wanted. I ended up doing my own search (VEHIX.com) and found 2, one in VA and one in MD. I e-mailed the MD dealer and their quote was $800 under invoice. So I drove the 2 hours down and bought it.

I would still shoot for invoice but you may end up $500-$700 over. After you get quotes via e-mail, don't hesitate to reply saying their price is too high. They'll keep coming back. Especially as the month nears the end.
  • seanmleseanmle Member Posts: 1
    I am looking into buying a 2009 Honda Accord EX and was offered $24,837 OTD by a local dealership in the bay area. Is this a good deal ... if there are better deals can you let me know where?

Thanks
  • badtrannybadtranny Member Posts: 33
    I got my mom's LXP for $20075. I could only get the guy to throw in the wheel locks, which come through on any lxp for dealer security purposes anyway.

They got me on the conveyance fee of $300.

BUT,, these cars eat gas in the city.
    The headlights do fluctuate with the AC on. The black interiors suck when it comes to keeping them clean, and heat retention due to sunlight.

Older drivers with neck injuries should consider a different vehicle.

The stereo system kinda sucks.. I think my 2000 Dodge Minivan has a better sound system than this car. Even for its age it produces better sound.

THe power seat isn't so smooth, nor is the drivers side rear view mirror. I expected better quality...

there is about 2k miles on this car. It is fun to drive. I got pulled over by a local cop for zipping past some [non-permissible content removed] in an suv... First time in a long time for me...

Car needs a wax job.. If my neck wasn't so aggravated from driving it, I would wax it tomorrow.

DON'T GIVE HONDA YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. THOSE BUMS WILL NOT LEAVE YOU ALONE!!!

GOOD LUCK!!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "I got my mom's LXP for $20075. I could only get the guy to throw in the wheel locks, which come through on any lxp for dealer security purposes anyway."

If OTD this is a good price... if not you should have shopped around.

"They got me on the conveyance fee of $300."

That is your fault.. what matters is the OTD price you paid.

"BUT,, these cars eat gas in the city."

Cars tend to do that.

"The headlights do fluctuate with the AC on."

Take if back and get it repaired.

"The black interiors suck when it comes to keeping them clean"

This is true.. however white is worse.

"and heat retention due to sunlight."

This is false.

"Older drivers with neck injuries should consider a different vehicle."

Why?

"The stereo system kinda sucks.. I think my 2000 Dodge Minivan has a better sound system than this car. Even for its age it produces better sound."

You are purchasing a car not a sound studio. The 270 watt audio sounds much better.

"THe power seat isn't so smooth, nor is the drivers side rear view mirror. I expected better quality..."

Why would you expect better quality? you have purchased a sub 100k mass produced vehicle.

"there is about 2k miles on this car. It is fun to drive. I got pulled over by a local cop for zipping past some [non-permissible content removed] in an suv... First time in a long time for me..."

Bad for insurance.

"Car needs a wax job.. If my neck wasn't so aggravated from driving it, I would wax it tomorrow."

Sell it.
  • dj9dj9 Member Posts: 5
    I bought my Honda Accord yesterday, price before tax and license was $20,100. OTD was $22,060. I felt pretty good about the price from the research I've done and the quotes I received. Although today I got an email from another dealership saying they will knock off $300 from the lowest quote one has received. Doh!
  • scubarx74scubarx74 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I just bought my new Accord EX-L V6 with navigation today. The price I paid was 26900 plus only tax, tags, and title.

Hope this helps.
    Is your 26900 including the destination fee?

Did you do all the negotiating over email and if you did how did you manage to meet that price?

Which state was this in? I am in the market for this trim model, hoping to save a little more if they still have some 08s in stock. Thanks!
  • home3000home3000 Member Posts: 4
    Just got the 2008 Accord EXL V6 with splash-guards for all four tires, wheel locks, and trunk tray (FMV at $200, maybe) for $27,250 OTD in Los Angeles, CA. Think it is a good deal or I got robbed?
    Did it come with navigation as well?

Overall, seems like a great deal to me....Im assuming your price w/o TTL was around 25200?
    No Navi, $1,500 more if I do get it. At least that what the guy said. Before TTL is $24946 to be exact.
    Great stuff!

Did you look around and negotiate by email as well? I am trying to get a feel of what type of strategy I need to impose (obviously to get the best price!).

How low did you try to start the negotiating?
    Strategy or not, I don't know. At first, the best offer I got for the 2008 Accord EXL - 4 Cycl with no Navi was $25,000 OTD. That was what I want to buy at first. At the dealer, tested the car and decided to buy the V6 instead. So the sales person quoted me $27,765. I asked for $27,000, refused and go for $27,250 and they still refused. They wanted $27,500 with no added option. I called a sales person (Family friend, doesn't mean he gave me the best offer) from another dealer and told them that a dealer offered me at $27,250 (I lied obviously). He said they can match it and along with a few options. So I didn't really shop around for the one I got. I also wasn't able to get the 1.9% APR finance because I only have student loans even with a 805 credit score out of 900. Can you believe it!!!!!!
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    "They wanted $27,500 with no added option. I called a sales person (Family friend, doesn't mean he gave me the best offer) from another dealer and told them that a dealer offered me at $27,250 (I lied obviously)."

And it's dealers who have a bad reputation. Way to make your point.
  • ljctxljctx Member Posts: 14
    So was the $27,250 your OTD cost? If so what were your tax, title and doc fees?
  • jenacgjenacg Member Posts: 1
    my husband is hooked on getting this car, and he wants to get it this Saturday, how can he get the best deal? he is looking for the 2006 EX-L with navi Accord Coupe.
    $27,250 OTD. Tax at $2060 and license and other fees at $300.
  • glenhead4glenhead4 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2009 V6 Coupe, EX-L with navigation, black/black.
    I live in Long Island, NY and bought my Honda at Hillside Honda in Queens, NY.
    Tried getting pricing via internet contact with dealers which does not fly in NY, you have to visit the dealers, Hillside was my third dealer visit and the most pleasent.
    Sticker was 31,675.00, I paid 29,000 plus tax (8.625) and a destination charge of
    670.00. Financed through AHFC at 7.99 for 5 years. (I could have done better through my credit union but oh well))
    Declined any extras as everything extra was very overpriced.
    I bought the Honda Extended Care 5 year 100,000 mile warranty online from Saccucci Honda for 650.00.
    The dealer wanted close to 3,000.00 for the same warranty and I showed the finance person the cost from Saccucci and she told me they could not match the price and showed me their dealers cost for the warranty which was 650.00.
    I think I did the best I could on the price of this car in this area.
    I hope this helps guide somone else to get the best deal possible.
  • mpp2mpp2 Member Posts: 97
    I think you did well. I'm 60 miles north of you in Dutchess County NY and last week my wife and I bought a 2009 V6 Sedan EX-L with Navigation, Silver with grey leather. Sticker was $31,425, car cost was $29,836 including destination.

We traded a 2003 Acura TL-S sedan, Silver with Black Leather and Navigation, with 90,200 miles for $8,836, leaving a difference of $21,000. Tax is 8.25% here and is only on the difference. My TL was appraised as between $8,000 and 9,000 in July over in Real World trade in values, so the $8,836 may have been an overallowance since it's 2 months later. But with a trade, the only difference that matters is the difference, and I'm very happy with the deal.

I bought from Friendly Honda in Poughkeepsie, NY. It's my third car from them and the buying experience and service department experience has always been excellent for me there. Hope this helps others.
  • civic95civic95 Member Posts: 5
    I think it's a good deal. The best internet price I've been able to get in Central/Northern NJ is 22,900 +Dest+TTL from DCH Academy in Old Bridge, NJ, which appears to be run by decent folks who advised that they didn't have my color choice(black) but pointed me in the direction of a dealer in NY that did. The other dealer matched the deal via email and said the price was negotiable. Other dealers have indicated even more flexibility with silver 08 EXLs, which are in abundance even at this late date prior to 9/30/08 expiration of special financing. I'm going to do battle tomorrow.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    - $$$$ discount does not matter.
    - with free this and that does not matter.
    - with free warranty does not matter.

What matters is the OTD price because this is what we ALL pay.
    Was this for a sedan or coupe?

What exactly were the quotes?

With navigation?
  • imolam3imolam3 Member Posts: 7
    Hi "mvperez4jesus" [post# 21971 - Sep 13, 2008 (6:58 pm)] ,

could you please let me know if you did buy the "2008 lx automatic for 19765 OTD with 7% taxes" fron Garden State Honda? cause i called them and ref your price, they said that must be a mistake. they said they need a name or car serial# to confirm. I understand you may not want to disclose this info to a starnger, but if you could give me your first name and the name of the sales person yu dealt with "if you did buy the car". I realy appreciate it.
  • sergiorsergior Member Posts: 1
    Looked up the invoice : 22,830

subtracted factory hold back: -500.50
    Dealer total cost: 22,329.50

Offered 5% over invoice: 23,445.98
    added destination cost: 670

HERE'S WHAT'S TROUBLING ME, the dealer said because they have to ship it from another location they would charge me a $500 dealer trade fee. I cannot verify nor debunk this cost anywhere on the net. They it's something that's standard when bringing in a car from another location.

So selling price with both fees is : 24,615.98

Texas sales tax (6.25%): 1,538.50

Then they pull these on me (which I can't verify until the DMV opens tomorrow):

VIT TAX: 51.68
    Document Fee: 50.00
    License Fee: 69.80
    Title Fee: 38.00
    Inspection: 26.75

Total is 26,390.71

Am I being taken with this dealer trade fee - what about the seemingly legit title fees? Is this a deal or not? This is the first car I've ever bought, and other than NOT attempting to offer only 3% at first I'm pleased with how I did - except that dealer trade fee is driving me nuts.
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    It looks like you did your homework and you recognize the dealer should make a modest profit. As far as the misc. fees listed, I wouldn't be too concerned as they seem minimal. However, the dealer trade fee seems out of line and if they won't budge, ask where the car is coming from, then suggest maybe you should go to where the car is and buy it there.