Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dkusharidkushari Member Posts: 1
    Hi There.
    Could you please tell me from which dealer did you get this quote.
    I am looking for a 09 Accord-EX V4 and the lowest prices I have got so far is $22,662, including destination fee. I live in and around Philadelphia and can buy the car from anywhere in PA, Delaware or NJ, whoever quotes me the best.
    EX 5 speed Automatic has an invoice price of $21,993
    Thanks
  • zzvelikzzvelik Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to see what's the lowest current "below invoice" going rate on a 2009 Accord? The lowest quote I received was $650 below invoice for an 09 EX-V6LN. TIA
  • ashwinkumar96ashwinkumar96 Member Posts: 21
    what is penske, could you tell me their web address? stay in Pennsylvania
  • ashwinkumar96ashwinkumar96 Member Posts: 21
    Hi,

Can you tell me which dealer it is/ Let me know asap, I am going to buy one very soon. I stay in pennsylvania, Can you tell me the web address of the dealer.
  • trueliestruelies Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,
    First time post here. Thanks for reading. After a round of emails, I got the following for 09 Accord EX 4dr. Central Ohio.
    Selling Price $22,045.74
    Doc Fee $249.50
    Tax @ 6.75% $1,504.92
    Tag & Title $25.50

Total $23,825.66

Seems like other dealers can't beat or won't play with emails any more. Not sure if this is a good price to walk in with at the dealerships. Any idea?
    I'm wondering if this is a good time to get an Accord or maybe better deals may come out in November?
    Thanks!
  • ctozyctozy Member Posts: 5
    Hey gang,

Decided to go with '09 EX-L w/ Nav at OTD price of $29,150. Dealer was nice enough to include splash guards, wheel locks and body side molding.

Appreciate your inputs. Safe driving! :shades:
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    See post 22201, posting a final OTD price is meaningless, local taxes and fees differ significantly across the USofA
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    They can quote all day long.. however what really matters is the OTD price if you are shopping for yourself. A dealer with a lower invoice can have a higher OTD price than a dealer with a higher invoice.
  • gravitongraviton Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I got a quote of 09 Accord LX AT from a FL dealership for out-of-door price of $20800 (Including everything ). Do you think it is a good price or there is still a room for negotiation?
  • chutistchutist Member Posts: 33
    Not if you're paying attention! :P "invoice" is "invoice" and the tax's and tags should be the same at any dealer...

I ask the right questions to make sure the quote is plus Tax and tags...nothing else. ;)

OTD is fine, if you want to do it that way...but for posting here it doesn't tell anybody anything!.... Everybody has different taxes and DMV fees. :shades:
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I say buy it. Good deal. Here is in CA I have seen the same model on ad for $20,499 plus fee,ttl.
  • gravitongraviton Member Posts: 2
    The invoice is $20,223 (MSRP $22,225) in Edmund. I do not know whether $20,500 will have a good chance. The current quote includes $18,900 + $730 (document fee) + 6% tax. IMO, the document fee is kind of high, isn't it? :confuse:
    There are additional "fees" between invoice and taxes. These "fees" can make the difference between a higher or lower OTD price if you are shopping for yourself.
    The problem is you will not know the OTD price until you sit down to sign the papers... this is the point where a quote can become meaningless. Remember we ALL pay an OTD price.
    out-of-door price of $20800 (Including everything

Break down please:
    purchase price
    fees
    sales tax
    registration
    other state fees

Final OTD price, though that is what ultimately matters, is meaningless unless broken down as state and local fees vary widely across the country.
  • ebettyebetty Member Posts: 12
    I'm looking at leasing a 09 EX-L auto w/ NAV AT, 15k mi/yr, 36 mo
    Is this a good deal? comes to $411/mo

the MSRP is 29125
    Invoice is 26557.91
    Residual % 59%
    Sell rate .00249
    Due at sigining 1000
  • msayeedmsayeed Member Posts: 3
    Some Boston area dealerships are advertising 0% APR on 08 and 08/09 Accords. Has any one got one at this rate? Honda.com does not have any such incentives. Any idea how these dealerships are doing it?
  • dnewbiednewbie Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

This is my first time shopping for a Honda Accord. I went to 2 dealers so far. It seems that they always add these ridiculous add-on. I'm in the Dallas area in Texas.

Is 21,600 + TTL a good price for this?
    2009 Accord LX-P (Splash guard, clear coat, cargo liner, wheel lock, tint)

I wanted an EX, the two dealers I went to added these things on and it inflates the price...I don't think I'll be able to afford the EX after TTL.
  • mlk5mlk5 Member Posts: 2
    Hello. I'm looking at buying an EXL 2008. We have one dealership in my city (in Canada). Quote is 38,900 with .9% financing and 35,600 for cash. I will probably opt for cash price as it is lower. Quoted price includes pdi, freight and taxes (10%). I hope to bargain in an auto starter and also need a set of snow tires probably with rims. Also hope to trade in my car but will leave that until the bargaining is done. Any suggestions on where I go from here with the bargaining? I appreciate any help. Would it help to know the dealer invoice price?
    You make a good point. Document fee is high. The way I see it, you can try for a lower price and if things don't workout, $20,800 is a good price.
  • seth5seth5 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted the following price and was wondering if it is a good deal.

2009 Honda Accord Sedan automatic transmission
    Model EX-L

$24,469
    $1,468.14 - 6% sales tax in PA
    $195.15 - tags
    OTD price of $26,132.29

Can I go lower? I heard someone was quoted $23,895 including destination charge.

What is a good price in the Philly region in today's credit market?

I will be purchasing the car by this week so any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
  • nylawyer2000nylawyer2000 Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote of $24,420 for a 2009 Coupe EX-L 4 Cyl in New York

includes destination, prep-fees and all incentives (Does not include tax, and DMV fees)

What do you think? Think this is a good deal?
    Anyone have any clue whether Honda finance will be having any great deals next month when the current incentives expire? Current rate is 3.9 for 60 months, was hoping to do better.
    I am looking to purchase a coupe soon.

Interested in some accessories like:
    1) remote starter
    2) fog lights
    3) tints

am i better off getting these on my own or thru a dealer? Best prices?
  • gab2409gab2409 Member Posts: 20
    I am looking at either an 08 or an 09 EX-L (4 cyl). Is there a formula for calculating the discount for the 08's, considering the 09's are available? It looks like the first year's depreciation on these cars is about $6,000. Should that be the discount, all else equal?

Thanks in advance.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Dream on......

That's only the depreciation once you drive it over the curb. I think you'll find in actual negotiations, that it isn't worth it to take the 2008.

Look at used car price differential between 2 model years, for model years that are 3-4 years old....that would be a truer differential.
  • gab2409gab2409 Member Posts: 20
    fair enough; that's what I was trying to assess.
  • szerszer Member Posts: 80
    Hey Guys,

I am currently negotiating a deal for an 09 Accord V6 EX-L w/ Nav Sedan with a dealer right now. After a back and forth negotiation, we came up to this number:
    Sale price: $27,461.26
    Document Fee: $150
    Tax(7%):$1,922.29
    Drive off Tag: $10
    Total:$29,543.55

What do you guys think? a decent deal or not?
  • gohonda2gohonda2 Member Posts: 3
    Just got back after a test drive of the 09 LX Auto.

The dealer revised his earlier quote of 20300 to 20015+ taxes+tags

6% Sales Tax, 190 for registration and tags.

The OTD is close to 21,400.
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    Good deal from what I've seen whats the 150 doc fee what state are you in
    i am in IN, but dealership is in IL
  • accordone1accordone1 Member Posts: 2
    I received a signed quote for $28,000. This is $500 below invoice. Does anyone think that there can be a better deal made? I am Rochester NY.
    If its a LX-P, got for it. If its a LX, thats too high of a price. I wouldn't pay more then $21K for a LX automatic. See if the dealer will go lower. One thing is for sure, the Accord is a excellent car.
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    I thought the same way when I bought my 2004 Accord coupe at the end of the year clearance. Model year to Model year the differance now 4.5 years later is 2k, but when you price it up on kbb or galves or the actual trade they add back in 1500 for low milage. So if you drive what they consider the norm 10-12k a year you get most of the differance back in a mileage adjustment. Just know the value of what your trading in and make the dealers level up on the trade dealer to dealer.
  • hondaneedhondaneed Member Posts: 14
    So the MSRP is $31,425. The invoice is $28,536...

The dealer holdbacks could be 3% (942.75) or I have heard up to 5% (1,571.25) of the MSRP from the invoice price.

$28,536 - (3%) 942 = $27,594...

I do not know how much more you could get them to come down. How did you get them at 27,461.and 26 cents? What did you use to negotiate?

I would take the deal!
  • accordone1accordone1 Member Posts: 2
    I would like to know strategy worked to get price under the invoice by so much...

Any help is appreciated.
    it's still tentative. I haven't sign on the dot and will be coming in on the LAST DAY :P ... my method is just to pool all available dealers in the potential area and email everyone of them. From there, I look for the most competitive and honest and cut down the list to 5 dealers, then to 3 dealers and let them duke it out until the last one standing. I'll update everyone how it goes once I get in on Friday.
  • robywangrobywang Member Posts: 8
    I got a quote in bay area for 09 Accord EX-L V6, which is $26,225 plus TTL. Total comes to about $28,703. Is that a good deal?
    The dealer also gives me a quote of $23,925 plus TTL for 09 Accord EX-L.
    "I received a signed quote for $28,000. This is $500 below invoice. Does anyone think that there can be a better deal made? I am Rochester NY."

Forget the quote.. go for the OTD price. Just because a dealer has the lowest quote does not mean they will have the lowest OTD price... remember we ALL pay an OTD price.
  • iwannaacuraiwannaacura Member Posts: 2
    Most of you guys have too much time in your hand....... and all of you are moch big time moch... let the dealer make some money so they can stay in business and be there when u need service... Yes I work for dealer been in business long time...

Get a life buy the car... I bet most of you guys dont have anything better to do in life then moch a dealer for few hundreds... so you can feel like a man......
    get a life... consumers are free to negotiate any way they want. That's why they call it the free market DOH :mad: ... btw was bait and switch... used the" i forgot the destination fee trick and charged a crazy $333 doc fee :P ... lucky i hadn't go in there to deal.
  • mbw2mbw2 Member Posts: 1
    Found a Honda Accord LX-P 2008 in Peoria, IL for an internet price of $19,884. The car has almost 6000 miles on it and was used as a demo car. Should I ask the dealer to come down on the price or is this a good price for a car with this many miles?
  • bbockbbock Member Posts: 1
    Great deal, could you tell me city and name of dealer..Thanks
    Get a life buy the car... I bet most of you guys dont have anything better to do in life then moch a dealer for few hundreds... so you can feel like a man......

What's more pathetic, a consumer browsing internet message boards educating themself on the car buying process and prices of the particular make and model they're interested in? Remember, we buy once every few years. Or someone like you in the biz browsing internet message boards whining and complaining about consumers educating themselves about the 2nd biggest purchase of their life?
  • aalsherriaalsherri Member Posts: 68
    I almost bought a 2008 LX-P for about $19,750 plus document fee, tax, and title. I am waiting for credit approval. Also comes with a trunk liner and mud guards. Has about 500 miles on it.
  • bolly2tollybolly2tolly Member Posts: 6
    Folks,

Thanks for all the expert opinions. Finally pulled the trigger.

Total cost - 26410 (including destination fees)
    Also including in the price- power pack (floor mats, trunk tray, locking lug nuts and tint)

Hope its a good price - No regrets anyway, since its too late.

TTL extra.

Thanks again.
  • howmuchyoupayhowmuchyoupay Member Posts: 12
    just FYI, one of our members bought a brand new 08 Accord LX-P in July for 19400 (12 miles), and now should be cheaper if you could still find leftovers. 19884 for a car with 6000 mile is not a good deal.
  • howmuchyoupayhowmuchyoupay Member Posts: 12
    1. If you got skills and know what you need to do, you don't spend much time on car purchase.

2. Are you sure it is only few hundred, not few thousand?

3. So people working in car dealer are feeling like a men by ripping off car shoppers? :confuse:
  • zaglobazagloba Member Posts: 13
    Purchased a 2009 Accord EX 4-cyl. for $23,800 total out the door. I was trying to decide between the Accord and a 2008 CRV, but in the end I went with the Accord. I got the feeling they were really ready to deal on the CRV's though. I have the breakdown somewhere, but I'm exhausted. Tax was 7.25% and the doc was $670. I think the negotiated car price was $22,300 or something close to that. I feel that I got a good deal. In hindsight, If I had more energy at the time and was a better negotiator, I think they may have come down a bit more. If anyone wants more information, let me know. Thanks to all in these forums for sharing their information.
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    Thanks for all the expert opinions. Finally pulled the trigger.

Total cost - 26410 (including destination fees)
    Also including in the price- power pack (floor mats, trunk tray, locking lug nuts and tint)

Sounds like a good deal to me. It appears to be right around invoice. Congrats!
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    1. If you got skills and know what you need to do, you don't spend much time on car purchase.

2. Are you sure it is only few hundred, not few thousand?

3. So people working in car dealer are feeling like a men by ripping off car shoppers?

I agree with #1. For #2 - depends on the car you want. #3 - I think it's more of salespeople getting high on making the deal rather than knowingly ripping off the shopper. Some dealer's only pay a flat amount on new car sales - the profit is in used car sales.

Buying a car should not as stressful as some make it out to be. Buyers hold all the cards in this market. Here is my observation of what adds to buyer's angst during the buying process (not an all inclusive list); 1) they don't have excellent credit and therefore can be subject to dealer/sales manipulation; 2) they HAVE to HAVE the particular car without considering all the consequences - they're so caught up in getting the car they want that they lose sight of the deal until the very end and either give-in to buy the car or leave without a deal and complain about the sales "tactics". 3) Not knowing the realistic numbers before shopping - both for the new car and the value of their trade-in. Believe me - I've made all these mistakes before! But when I realized that I have the control in the buying process, my past 6 car purchases over the past 18 years have easy and painless. Bottomline, know what you need to know before going the dealer, and treat your saleperson with respect and honesty, and they will most likely return the same!