Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• L731L731 Member Posts: 4
    The dealership I have been working with offered me 1000.00 below invoice on December 30. I'm still holding out for a bit lower. Seems with the new incentives it's possible.I'm trying to work a deal for 20,000.00 OTD for a 2009 Accord LX-P. They are showing a sticker of 25,000.00
  • Jaynj1Jaynj1 Member Posts: 47
    I think I am getting same deal here in NJ. It is a V6 EX-L with navi. They are throwing remote start with that. ( about 1200 below invoice)
  • sarav01sarav01 Member Posts: 10
    Where in NJ are you? I am looking at getting the same trim...but the sedan model. Any help with regards to the dealer u r getting u r quotes from is much appreciated...

Thanks
  • reechzreechz Member Posts: 50
    If you are referring to a Honda LX-P, I got one right before the end of the year for $20,000 flat in New York (before taxes). But I fail to see how your dealer could have had a sticker of $25,000 as the msrp is only about $23000.
  • L731L731 Member Posts: 4
    There were add ons to the car, tint, mud flaps etc.
  • rickwjennrickwjenn Member Posts: 40
    jitendra1

That is a great deal - the remote starter is worth another $300 or so. Good negotiating.

What color did you get?
  • honda00honda00 Member Posts: 29
    Actually a cars value to a dealership does change. If a dealer was stuck with a car long enough they would evenutally have to write down the value of that inventory on their books.

When the car community talks about depreciation they are referring to a decline in market value of the car. A 2008 Accord that is still sitting on a dealer lot has clearly had a decline in market value and therefore has depreciated in the most common sense of the word.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Wow, are you serious? I've often heard that a demo was the worst deal on the lot but your example takes the prize.

What kind of car was this? You've stated before that the FL market was rough but this amazing.

This happened to me back in January 2007 when I bought my 2006 Toyota Tundra. The new redesigned Tundra was just about ready to hit the showroom floor and Tundras were in short supply. The dealer I went to had 2 Tundras left, almost identical, same color, body style, engine, trim, etc. One was a demo with 6K miles amd the other had about 15 or 20 miles. I asked the dealer how much of a discount was the demo and his answer was zero, as they both have the same floor plan. Needless to say, I bought and drove the other one home.
    I am getting it from DCH Academy Honda - Old Bridge. If you do not want remote they will take it off for $200 credit.

And I think sedan prices were even cheaper.
    Thanks for you help rickwjenn . I will be getting it in silver with dark interior.
  • no1noleno1nole Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,
    First let me thank everyone for posting their advice. I recently purchased an 09 Accord EX in Northern California. I haven't seen a bunch of posts from CA so I thought I would add to the discussion. Here is the breakdown on my Accord:

$22,000 + TTL

I used the 3.9 financing (purchased on 1/4.) The dealer didn't have a Silver EX auto on their lot so they traded with another dealer. My car came with wheel locks, mud guards and a trunk mat. Hopefully this will help someone as the other posts here helped me. Also, I would stay away from Tracy Honda. Their lot was three deep in cars and wouldn't deal at all. I eventually walked out, called another dealer and had a deal within 10 minutes.
  • yespleaseyesplease Member Posts: 1
    Dealer in Arlington, VA quoted me a price of $21,800 OTD for the Accord LX-P. Is this a good deal? I was expecting to pay between $20,000 - $21,000.
  • jwmsjwms Member Posts: 6
    In Northern VA I would check with a MD dealer as well because of the Processing Fee. I learned that MD dealers can only charge a $99 processing fee by law whereas VA dealers have no such law. That alone is worth $200-300 bucks in savings by going across the river.

Also I got the best OTD price which included tax, tags, registration from a MD dealer.

If you want to stay in VA then you may want to check with the Internet Manager down at Pohanka in Fredricksburg, VA. He gave me a very good price as well and knowing how car sales work what one dealer can give today may be different tomorow so get yourself as many quotes as possible.
    Jitendra1 - the Accord Coupe looks awesome in Silver - nice choice!
  • camble94camble94 Member Posts: 15
    Hi: I am curious how you have liked the first week of your new Accord. Are you happy with the blue color, gas mileage and driving comfort?
  • dotnkbdotnkb Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know what people think about their Accord Coupe. Best color? gas mileage? satisfied with interior? major problems? viewing angles (i haven't driven one yet but i hear the coupe has somewhat annoying viewing angles...)?
    Jitendra1 - For the 09 Accord SedanV6 EX-L w/Navi, I was quoted $26,866...which is $1000 from invoice at DCH - Old Bridge incl the remote start...

How r u proceeding with u r deal for the Coupe? Do u think there is an opportunity to make them go a bit lower?
  • cosmo15cosmo15 Member Posts: 17
    I just received this quote for an accord ex-l V6 from DCH Honda NJ. What do you guys think?

For the 2009 Honda Accord EXL V6 NAV Sedan;

MSRP: $30905 +$670 Destination

Your price $26502 +670 Destination, Tax, MV Fees & $249 Documentation Fee

You may also want to consider the 2009 Honda Accord EXL V6 Sedan;

MSRP: $28705 +$670 Destination

Your price $24564 +$670 Destination, Tax, MV Fees & $249 Documentation Fee
    Cosmo15 - Your quotes are from DCH Honda in Paramus?

Price is almost $1400 below invoice...
  • cosmo15cosmo15 Member Posts: 17
    Yes it is DCH Paramus they seem to be aggressive with pricing and a high volume dealer around NJ. Still waiting for DCH Old Bridge to give me a quote.
  • no1noleno1nole Member Posts: 2
    Seems like a good deal. The dealer I used ate the $670 destination charge. Best of luck with your purchase. No1Nole.
  • contentt1contentt1 Member Posts: 6
    We've decided on a 2009 EX-L, we don't have to buy until March 1st, that's about as long as we can wait before we have a 3rd person on the way. Dealer suggested the Honda factory will be producing less and inventory will go down so the best deals are now. Personally I've never heard of a car increasing in value, but wondering if we wait another month if we can expect to see new incentives from Honda...? Do they typically do incentives at the beginning of the month, year?
  • crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    It seems that the only Honda incentive at this time is a $750 Marketing Support incentive from Honda. Edmunds shows no incentive financing deals out there and the Honda website shows the best interest rate at 6.99%.

I'm not seeing who Honda expects to sell cars in this economy with no incentives, but maybe they're writing off sales for the month of January and gearing up for a February extraveganza event. Two of my neighbors were looking at Accords but both opted for the new Mazda 6 with the 2.9% financing for 60 mos. instead of waiting for Honda to better their incentive plan.
  • accordguy0325accordguy0325 Member Posts: 169
    I have an 08 Accord EX automatic coupe in San Marino red with a tan interior.... Love the exterior color and think the interior in EX trim is quite nice- fairly well put together...

Ride is more comfortable than sporty- but to be expected since its a family car derivative. No major problems thus far- knock on wood, just a minor rattle from time to time. My coupe is an early 08 build- among the first and has about 7300 miles on it currently.

I have the 190hp 4- average around 22-23 mpg, which is within range, would like better but this gen accord was made larger an heavier- and has more power - so the fuel mileage is to be expected.

As for viewing angles- im not quite sure what you mean... if you mean blind spots- it definitely has some due to the wide rear pillars. If you mean exterior angles- I think the Accord coupe looks great- its the frumpy sedan front that I find awkward. - just my 2 cents
  • e419e419 Member Posts: 8
    I'm also finding that there isn't much of a stock of the coupe ex, in southern california at least. I went to several dealerships that I got quotes from, only to find that they don't have it at all, or only have 1 color left, and don't even know when theyre getting more. I thought there would be overstock, based on what we're hearing about the market. I guess Honda's cut production by a lot already? Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
  • swhondaswhonda Member Posts: 19
    I'm also finding that there isn't much of a stock of the coupe ex, in southern california at least.[...] and [they] don't even know when theyre getting more. I thought there would be overstock, based on what we're hearing about the market. I guess Honda's cut production by a lot already? Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I am actually experiencing something similar in Northern California (San Francisco Bay Area). It really doesn't help that I am looking for a coupe ex-l with nav and in a manual transmission (super difficult to find). I did find one (4 cylinder) up here but was hoping to purchase a car with a different interior color than the one they had in stock. We went to the Internet Sales Manager's computer to look up which dealerships had the car with a different color configuration and found none in northern CA but about 6 in southern CA. He mentioned that their particular dealership has actually stopped shipments for a while because they have so many cars in stock (tho not a lot of coupes) and was not sure when the shipments would resume.

I don't know how close you are to Simi Valley, but from the looks of the inventory online, First Honda seems to have a few EX Coupes, I4 in both Manual and Automatic (I have no idea how accurate their website is tho). Good Luck!
  • raygunmediaraygunmedia Member Posts: 1
    Two questions for a SoCal newbie (first post):

1) Do invoice prices vary in different regions of the country. I am looking at an '09 Accord V6 EX-L w/Nav coupe that I am being told invoices at $30K, so others here seem to be posting lower invoice prices.

2) The first deal on the table I have gotten is 1k off invoice + 1k dealer cash off the price meaning it is 2k off invoice leaving the cost at $28k (before taxes etc). Is this a good deal for my area (SoCal) or shoud I get a deal closer to the other poster of $27k?

Thanks all for helping a newbie.
  • futureman44futureman44 Member Posts: 12
    Latest quote I received from a South Jersey Honda Dealership with destination included is:
    EXL $23,270
    EXL V6 $25,048

Is this a good price? Anyone do any better?
    futureman44 - looks like a really good price considering that destination is included. Which dealership are you getting this quotes from?
  • hondaboy09hondaboy09 Member Posts: 14
    hi guys im buying a new honda accord 2009 ex model this weekend and was wondering if the price im getting out the door was good or should i still bargain and wait a lil longer

they are telling me 24000 out the door price...i dont know if its good or not. please any suggestions thanks
    can i ask how much you paid fo the car?? out the door price? over there in new york they are telling me 24000 out the door including everything and whats the rattle niose you hear from here and there???? please get back to me.
  • nexofanexofa Member Posts: 31
    hondaboy09 - That's not a bad price ($24k OTD) but you can probably do better. I got my 2009 EX-L sedan 4 cyl for $23,900 OTD (in VA). See my Post # 22565 on Jan 2 for a detailed breakdown of costs.

Good luck!
    I got my EX-L from Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge VA and I got a great deal (haven't seen a better price yet on this board; see post #22565 on Jan 2)

Call Hendrick and ask for the Internet Sales person. I was told that they get a flat fee per call they sell (rather than a commission based on the negotiated price, like the showroom sales staff) so they're motivated to give you a good deal. Worked for me.

Good luck.
    So far so good (with the EX-L 4cyl sedan AT), but I haven't driven it all that much yet, since I still have a couple weeks left on my 05 Maxima lease. My biggest concern was the difference in power between the Accord and my Maxima , but I don't miss it. That Maxima is a rocket, and I just don't drive that way anymore, plus the Accord has plenty of power. Plus I think the Accord handles better.

Overall, no regrets whatsoever.
    futureman44 - that's a good price for the EX-L $23,270 but I think I did a bit better here in No. VA, but I guess it depends on what else you're being charged for. See my post #22565 on Jan 2. My OTD price ($23,900) included 3.2% VA tax, $670 freight, $399 doc fee (aka dealer boat payment fee), and $250 for the side moldings installed, and tags.

The other dealers I spoke to about this price couldn't believe it, and were certain that I was going to be swindled somehow once I got to the dealer (which I wasn't).
    yes i was told sedans are cheaper than coupes....maybe thats why cuz in that case i would have gotten the sedan for cheaper but they told me 24 out the door and they included the spoiler for me....but now im thinkin the spoiler doesnt look so good on the accord and might save me another 500 so might get the accor for 23500
    also they started there invioce at 22,050 and than hit the dmv price and the tax of ny with is about 8.5 and that brought it upto 24k so anyone have any suggestions and also where and who to buy it from if they think i can get it for cheaper
    I didn't realize you were looking at the coupe.. My bad. And I'm with you about the spoiler.
    Ordered a 2009 Accord Coupe V6 6 Speed Manual with Navigation in Belize Blue two weeks ago. Stopped by the dealer to sign some paperwork and they had a build date of 1/14 to 1/18 at the Marysville Plant.

Despite its prominence in the video and magazine reviews, the Belize Blue V6 6 Speed is VERY HARD to find thus my order. My dealer told me there were FOUR such cars in the January allocation across the US and they traded for the spot on the assembly line.

Car should arrive in "2 to 4 weeks" after build date. Can't wait.

I got the car for $1200 under invoice or $27.7k including destination.
    so the price i got for the blue accord seems to be pretty fair i believe than and it being an EX model NOTTT an ex-l i feel like people are saying they got the ex-l tri for like 26 thousanmd out the door might as well get the ex-l....and i went to my dealer the honda accord ex trim automatic costing me about 24000 with spoiler and ima find out how low they go without the spoiler shud be another 4-500 knock down...so reasonable price i believe than???
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/honda/accord/101047636/prices.html

this is what i getting from edmunds....i heard people say that the msrp proice is the price you shud be really raking out the door and im actually gettting the coupe ex trim for 24000 a lil below msrp???? any suggestions how what i shud be really paying for this car???
    oh and if anyone can give me tips on how to get them to go lower than the price like good bargaining skills or so....and the invioce says 22,052 or something like that and people say start at 21000 and than let them add the tax and everything on top of it.
    would you give me some pointers on what i should pay for the ex coupe blue and black interior? they are giving me a price of 24000 out the door but stilll wanna see if i can do better.??? give me some pointers on how to make them go lower as well... thanks for the help
    Start by getting the invoice number on your car (including destination). Honda is providing $1000 dealer cash back plus some level of holdback.

Tell you want $1500 under invoice and start there. Don't pay more than $1000 under invoice - they are likely still getting $500+ at that level
  • djconnerdjconner Member Posts: 10
    The Belize Blue V6 Coupe is very tough to find in automatic, too. I almost had one in December, but someone else snapped it up before I had a down payment (and before my test drive, which is why I was slightly hesitant.) Ended up getting the Grey/Black, which looks pretty damn good...
    djconner

Nice car! The polished metal metallic is great - I was really torn between it and the blue. The car really looks different in each color - I think the lines show best on your color. I just got hooked on the blue :)
  • Hondasrock123Hondasrock123 Member Posts: 1
    Accords are selling well compared to other cars. I bought an Accord for 17811 out the door today!
  • camble94camble94 Member Posts: 15
    Your price comment is worthless. What year, model, engine, transmission, car price, add on options, taxes, fees were involved?
  • jwmsjwms Member Posts: 6
    Here is a breakdown of our purchase

vehicle = 24980
    Processing fee = 100
    Tax = 752
    Registration = 66
    Title = 10

Total OTD = 25913

Thanks for all the info I recieved from this board prior to purchasing. I learned alot.
    i just purchased my car yesterday

2009 honda accord coupe EX model
    here was the breakdown

$22,000 invioce with destination fee included
    $145 for DMV (b.c im trasnferring my plates)
    $60 for processing fee
    (8.365 tax NEW YORK) $1840

$24,045 OUT THE DOOR PRICE FOR AN EX COUPE the blue one which was tough ot find

does this seeem like a good deal..????? or shud i push for lower????