Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ggk62ggk62 Member Posts: 1
    Stopped at the local Honda dealer here in Las Cruces, NM to check out the 2009 Accords, this will be our 3rd one. Anyways the salesman almost fell over when i asked when they would have 0% financing. He said Honda was number one in sales right now and they would not be lowering their rates...seems like what I have been reading, all manufacturers have been losing sales. Any insights on the rates to come?
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    About a month ago I know one dealership here in San Antonio had that model for $18,696.00 but not sure whether it has gone up in the meantime.
  • nexofanexofa Member Posts: 31
    I only shopped for a couple months for my 09 Accord, but the best I saw was 1.9% APR from Honda for 36 months. A Toyota salesman told me that Honda and Toyota seem to alternate between financing and leasing offers, so in December, when I was looking at the Accord and Camry, Honda had the 1.9% and Toyota had the killer leases. Now it's January, and Honda has the lease deals, while Toyota has the better financing offer. And I believe that these deals are usually regional, not national, so a deal you see advertised in one part of the country (or posted here) may not be available in your area.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    "Sure, prices may have gone up, but who pays the full msrp anyway?"

While your statement is true, higher MSRP's equal higer invoice and higher net-net cost, which in turn, effects a higher consumer price in the end. Grant it, it may just be a couple of hundred but that is still a couple of hundred.

I am still trying to figure out why Honda raised the prices of the 2009's over the 2008's and then just a few months later they raised the prices again. I am stumped for an answer :mad: :confuse: :mad:
  • sarav01sarav01 Member Posts: 10
    Jitendra1 - Did u go ahead with u r deal @ DCH Old Bridge
  • hondaowner10hondaowner10 Member Posts: 21
    I will be picking up my latest Accord in the next 2 days. It is an LX-P sedan in Royal Blue. My price from my local dealership was 20,362. Fees are $304. Of course they tried to get me to buy the paint sealant and fabric protection as well as LoJack and other add-ons. I purchased my previous Accord there and had most of the servicing done there as well.
  • L731L731 Member Posts: 4
    Hold tight for a couple of days. I've heard from two dealerships here in Arizona that the rates are going back down to 2.9 in February. I've already received a flyer in the mail to that effect as well.
  • hondaowner10hondaowner10 Member Posts: 21
    I picked up my shiny new 09 Accord LX-P last night. The salesman went through his checklist as usual pointing out everything. I received a coupon for a free oil change. I noticed today that the car also has wheel locks on it. They must have added them for free as well since it wasn't on my invoice. Overall a good buying experience. Now I just have to wait until spring to wash and wax it. Does anyone know how the decklid spoiler looks on the sedan?
  • nexofanexofa Member Posts: 31
    >>Does anyone know how the decklid spoiler looks on the sedan? <<

The dealer where I bought my EX-L had one on the showroom floor with the decklid spoiler. I wasn't impressed - OK but not great. IMHO the wing spoiler looks better, but neither is worth the $$.
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    :) Its certainly a matter of opinion but, I had a 2004 and a 2007 selling my 2004 the curved rear end on the new Accords was a deal breaker for me. I thought butt ugly but I really like my accord. The decklid spoiler made it palitable for me covering the ugly butt.
  • Jaynj1Jaynj1 Member Posts: 47
    Yes I did. Did you find any deal?
  • contentt1contentt1 Member Posts: 6
    I wanted to thank everyone on this board for all the great information they have shared. It allowed me to negotiate a great deal on an 09 Accord EX-L. Got the dealer down to 22.5, plus about $300 in fees, plus 8.25% tax for OTD price of $24.6. Bay Area taxes are a killer!

Only thing that surprised me, and I didn't research going into the negotiation, was the Honda Care warranty offer which I passed on.

All in all a stressful two weeks of email exchanges with dealers but ended with a great outcome, love my new car. And I feel good about the price which is important.

Thanks again and good luck.
  • rhett78rhett78 Member Posts: 22
    I'm shopping for a new 09 Honda Accord Coupe, and wondered if anyone was having difficulty in getting their prospective dealer to give up this market support now being offered from Honda? I'm attempting to purchase at what is commonly referred to as "triple-net", Invoice minus holdback minus any incentives...such as the $750 being offered now.
    I think it would be rather hard to get a dealer to go net-net on an Accord coupe right now. The coupe numbers are limited and they still have a good bit of demand. Besides, as the times get tight for consumers they too, are tight for dealers. As a result they need to stretch every dollar and not lose money on a deal.

However, I would guess that getting invoice minus the $750.00 minus a couple of hundred is a more reasonable goal. Just my opinion :)
  • gkelmgkelm Member Posts: 9
    "09 Accord EX-L. Got the dealer down to 22.5, plus about $300 in fees, plus 8.25% tax for OTD price of $24.6."

4 cyl, right? Great deal.
    Yes it was the 4cyl, I didn't want to even test drive a V6 since I knew I'd want it, but family doesn't need it.

Dealer said I wouldn't be able to buy Honda Care at any other time if I refused, but that seems bogus. Did anyone else get this kind of sales tactic?
  • XxHaimBonxXXxHaimBonxX Member Posts: 135
    Received an internet quote for $23,250, appears to include destination charge. Is this a decent deal? I would like to lease it, but aware that sales price is still very important.
  • romo_007romo_007 Member Posts: 17
    I was wondering if you can mention the dealer. I am in bay area and looking for a similar car.

Thanks
  • AustiniteAlienAustiniteAlien Member Posts: 4
    Is it a good deal?
    Tax is 6% + ~200 in fees
    Paid cash - no trade-in
  • lebo5lebo5 Member Posts: 2
    So I had an 06 Accord Sedan and was going to keep it until the new look came out in 08. I looked around for the best price in the Philadelphia area the best price I could find on the fully loaded 09 coupe was $27,192! So I took it and I don't regret it for a second. This car is hot! I absolutely love everything about it.

Has anyone else found a better deal? I went to Sussman Honda in Abington, PA. But you have to ask for Maria or Yvette in Internet Sales. Maria is the manager and she's phenomenal. Just tell her you want the Joel Deal. I got the Alabaster Silver coupe fully loaded! If you're looking for something else, she'll get it for you. She found mine in a day and last Friday I drove it away.
  • AustiniteAlienAustiniteAlien Member Posts: 4
    Forgot to write that it is 2009
    -------------------------------------------------
    Accord LX 4D sedan
    19350+Ts
    Tax is 6% + ~200 in fees
    Paid cash - no trade-in
    Austin TX
    It was Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, but I can't imagine they were happy giving me that price. After a few rounds I said I'd buy the car if they gave it to me for 23K, then their marketing dept sent out a end of month email promo for $500 off any agreed upon price and they honored it, so I got it for 22.5. Most the dealers in the Bay Area were willing to go to low 23's. I think PA Honda hoped to make some money from the finance team getting me to buy Honda Care etc.

Also, the car had wheel locks and I wasn't going to buy them, when I asked if they'd leave them on for free if I gave them a 5 star review on yelp.com they implied I was being greedy, I didn't push it and they kept the locks. And I have yet to decide how many stars to give them on yelp, I felt the pitch on Honda Care was dishonest since they said I couldn't buy it ever if I turned it down for $1,900!
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "So I had an 06 Accord Sedan and was going to keep it until the new look came out in 08. I looked around for the best price in the Philadelphia area the best price I could find on the fully loaded 09 coupe was $27,192! So I took it and I don't regret it for a second. This car is hot! I absolutely love everything about it."

That is a good price if:

- No trade was involved.

- It is OTD
  • lebo5lebo5 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, there was a trade involved (my 06 accord ex-l sedan w/ navi) which was paid off in full. The $27192 price I mentioned is what I paid OTD (out the door). It's a fantastic price considering that invoice price for the car (an EX-L coupe V-6 with Navi) is $28200.
  • ZCultureZCulture Member Posts: 1
    Price paid: $20250 + TTL
    Tax: 6.25%
    Title + dealer fees: $230
    OTD: $21750
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    This is a good deal.. best I seen EXL V6 Coupe Navi is 27.300 OTD
  • javacortexjavacortex Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 1 year old 2008 Accord EXL V6 w/ Navi (Sedan). I have seen some listed online for ~$23-24k + TTL with around 15,000 miles.

Given the poor economy and bad automotive market, I have offered lowball offers of $20k then $21k (OTD price)...got rejected. What do you think should be the final, best out the door price? Also, how about if it is a "Certified Used Honda"?
  • rzurawikrzurawik Member Posts: 13
    Anybody hear anything about any financing specials. Looking for 2009 accord exl V6 navi. Or maybe Acura TL-tech
    Incentives for the Accord have remained UNCHANGED. No APR special at all.
  • beautytbeautyt Member Posts: 2
    I have seen some posted the 2009 Accord EXL V6 w/o Navi (Sedan) for $25,000 included destination charge + TTL. I got the same quotes from 2 dealers (out of 10 dealers) in Southern California. Can anybody get a lower price?
    I think I wait until end of March or when the dealers and Honda manufacturer start to feel the pressure harder since most of them try to sell me at the MSRP price or above invoice price.
    I think I wait until end of March or when the dealers and Honda manufacturer start to feel the pressure harder since most of them try to sell me at the MSRP price or above invoice price.

What are you talking about? MSRP is $29375.00, invoice is $26584.00 and factory to dealer cash on V6's is $1000.00. You're no where near MSRP, or invoice for that matter. You're well below MSRP and invoice. In fact at $25K you're well in to the hold back. :confuse:
  • beautytbeautyt Member Posts: 2
    this board is getting fun and exicting, since there are so many dealers and salesman are trying to manipulating the price or bias toward high price by posting high price. Last year I could get $25,000 OTD, now buyers have to pay $25,000 +TTL.
    If so, hey dealers and manufacturer, why did you jack up the price?
    Hey, postmasters, please change this forum title to "Seller pricing and sale experiences" to match with momentum here. Thank you.
  • romo_007romo_007 Member Posts: 17
    Hi beautyt,

I am in the market for a similar car. The prices last year were for the outgoing body style, not for the new one. If you can get the same deal as last year then please do post as I dont mind having the car shipped to me from that dealer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Got any evidence of dealers on this site posing as customers? I think all of our dealers are pretty upfront about who they are...

If you have reason to think otherwise, drop me an e-mail with a link to the post.. We don't look kindly on posers... or poseurs.. But, you'll have to show me.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    Beautyt, mplshondadlr is correct. You won't get a better dealer by waiting - if what you are stating is true about your quote, it's one of the best prices seen on this board for the model you're seeking.
  • canoeguycanoeguy Member Posts: 2
    My new Accord EX-L w/nav (4cyl) has an MSRP of 29275. The TMV is 26742. I got mine for 26193. Also, I have saved almost 400 over dealer price by buying an xtd warranty online. My dealer is in Indy.
    FYI - I checked out Edmund's TMV for an 09 Accord EXL V6 non-Nav, and the price it gave was $24,223, incl dest for my zipcode. So depending on where you live, you can get a better deal than $25,000. Check it out. BTW, this is below invoice and I assume it includes most, if not all the holdback too. It's can't better than this unless Honda increases the current dealer cash incentive of $1,500, again, according to Edmund's.
    Please provide your ZIP CODE :) And the incentive is $1000.00 on V6 Accords, not $1500.00

Thanks in advance for providing the information.
    zipcode = 29588. If the incentive is really $1,000 and not $1,500, then Edmund's should change their incentive information on the Accord.
  • rzurawikrzurawik Member Posts: 13
    I am buying in the next week. Just wondering what financing Honda has right now for someone with good credit??? Any Help would be great.
    Rob
  • croftonhillscroftonhills Member Posts: 13
    I think you may have been looking at the incentive for the 08 V6 models; its $1500, buut the incentive on the 09 V6 models is only $1000.
  • croftonhillscroftonhills Member Posts: 13
    The $24,233 TMV price from Edmunds is for the 2008 EX-L V6 sedan (non-nav); the 2009 TMV is approx $2k more.
  • s_44s_44 Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in buying a new accord coupe EX-L in the philadelphia area.. what is the best price possible on this car? any suggestions to bargain with the dealers? Also, anyone know any good dealerships in this area? Thanks!
  • goldmembergoldmember Member Posts: 19
    Ok, I know the auto industry is hurting. So I'm a shocked at my problem. My wife wants a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L with a manual transmission (4 cyl) in white with tan leather interior. Honda offers this car, a local dealer says they can't find one. They searched beyond new england and said they found one on the ground in Florida. 3 weeks later no car. Today they are telling me the car hasn't been build yet. It's going to be April before we see this car. I sold my wifes car on their word it would be 3-4 weeks. Not they are talking two more months. I want to leave but the price is tough to pass up.

The sticker price: $26,125 ($25,455 base price plus $670 destination)

The dealer invoice: $23,747 ($23,077 base invoice plus $670 destination)

Less dealer hold back: $509

Dealer cost: $23,238

Max#$$#@ Honda Online price: $23,338

Less Honda to dealer incentive: $750 expries Mar 5th

Max#$$#@ Honda Online price less incentive: $22,588!

The price is too good to pass up. I've got financing along with $5500 cash down. But I want the car in that color. With a manual tranny. Any one know where I can find one? I'll pay to have it shipped.
  • javacortexjavacortex Member Posts: 2
    DONE! I just bought a Certified Used 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6 Navigation Sedan (Silver with black leather interior), 19k miles, Certified Honda Used...$22,800 + TTL. :)

The car is rock solid, looks great, and is huge and luxurious. It feels as good as any Lexus or Acura I've ever been in. :shades:

I traded in my 2003 ML320 and they matched my Carmax appraisal from 2 weeks ago. This offered some tax savings, as I only had to pay sales tax on the difference. Fees/license etc came up to $251. I paid $2000 on a credit card to get some cash back, and wrote a personal check for the balance.

I was walked over to "finance department" to get the hard sell on the extended warranty. I was offered the Honda Care Certified Wrap Coverage, that extends the bumper to bumper warranty from 4 yrs / 48k miles (i.e. Certified Honda coverage) to 7 years / 100,000 miles ... they asked $1689! I offered $1000 and after 15 minutes of haggling, they accepted. They gave me some sob story about how they sold this to me at a loss and that they will make it up on someone else. Unfortunately, after I left, I saw on the internet that people have been getting this kind of coverage for around $600-900. Doh! :mad:

Anyways, I'm happy with the car. The peace of mind with the extended coverage should provide years of happy motoring.
  • ewarren423ewarren423 Member Posts: 9
    email me...i can help
    ewarren423@gmail.com
  • tmkl1tmkl1 Member Posts: 10
    Boch Honda in Norwood MA has a white/beige EX-L Manual in stock as of today 2/7. The sticker price is $26,275 and the stock number is 63878. I bet Boch, the largest dealer in NE can easily meet or beat your price of $22,588.

Good Luck!
  • king_tacoking_taco Member Posts: 12
    I'm currently in SoCali looking for a new 09 accord coupe EX blk on blk. The issue is that have a trade in...2007 Lexus IS 250 with 16,800 miles pay off at 31,500. I'm looking for a 72 month finance term to get a low monthly payment. What kind of deal can I get for what I'm looking for? Please help...
  • ckdckd Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the beginning stages of my purchase. I know I want the sedan EX-L with Nav. I've already received 3 email prices that varied slightly, from $25,200 - $25,500 before taxes, etc.... Where do I go from here? I don't want to go to the dealer without having the number in my head. I'm in the triangle area in NC. Any advice would be tremendously appreciated.
  • iamottashapeiamottashape Member Posts: 4
    Just starting to look at prices at the ex v6 or exl. I'm in Western Michigan. I have gotten prices around $25,400 for the v6 exl and 23,500 for the v6 ex. Are these prices any good? 3 dealers have emailed me these same approx. prices. I haven't sat down with any yet. Probably buy in the next month. Also, I like the side molding. Does anyone out there have the side molding and do they like it? How about the rear deck spoiler? I haven't these seen it on a real vehicle yet....

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Ted