Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• navbhanavbha Member Posts: 19
    iwantnew,
    i got a deal from one of the bay area dealer for 22,746 out of the door. I live in sacramento area. The dealer is from bay area.
    badrater,
    I have 3 accessories that are included with the Out of Door price. They are Door visors, Rear bumper applique, All season floor mats which I did not state to you earlier, all the above items are included in the deal of 22746.

I found that there is a manufacture to dealer $1000 so I would not be suprised to see if it is lower than what I posted. I am planning to buy this weekend. I would rather do it near sacramento rather than driving all the way to bay area.

I am alos looking for extended warrantry. I want to see whether i can get some more discounts at the existing dealership(I have not negotiated the price, this is the quote I got). I have sent details to the dealer at bay area. May be tomorrow i would get reply.

As soon as I get the details, I will post a mesage to you. let me know your thoughts.
  • krishna4krishna4 Member Posts: 6
    Hi All,
    This is for those who are planning to buy a car before this weekend in SF bay area, I got a quote for $19,300 for LX-P model + tax and license fee which includes destination fee. when I talked to the internet sales manager he said he can come down to $19000. If any body interested to any accord model, I am sure that this dealer can beat it by $500 less than the other dealers in bay area. I got the quotes from more than 10 dealers and this is the best. If any body is interested to join me, we can negotiate for a better deal. get in touch with me.

Thanks,
    Krish
  • zorbs99zorbs99 Member Posts: 6
    I am about to sign a lease for the Acord EX L V6. I got a sign and drive with total out of pocket of $950,and a $360 monthly payment, 12k miles a year through Honda leasing.

Just 5 months ago my son leased the exact car with total $1500 total out of pocket with a $290 monthly payment,10k miles a yearl.It was through teachers federal Union leasing, which I am told they are not doing anymore.

Any thoughts if the $370 is a good deal, or I could do better.
    meant $370, not $360.
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    Just my 2 cents but I leased and exl v6 for my wife 3 months ago sign and drive I paid the first payment 329.71 NY plates transfer fee 60.00 and 1 20.00 fee.Sales tax and bank fee were rolled into the payment 36 month lease 12k miles (Honda Finace) 329.71 a month, Unless you have Nav also I think your way off. This was in Long Island
    yes, LI. where did you go?
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    This is a excellent deal. Go for it.
  • chicago35chicago35 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a Honda Accord EX within the next month. I'm in the Atlanta area what is a good starting price to negotiate from?
  • scabiosascabiosa Member Posts: 4
    I want to buy a car with you.
    Please let me know as soon as possible.

I got a quote for $ 19,800 (OTD) for LX.
    I really want to join with you.
  • mkb4mkb4 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in buying a new Accord. What dealerships gav you the best deal?
  • bmf795bmf795 Member Posts: 9
    The best price that I have been quoted is in NJ at DCH Kay Honda. Accord sedan EXL for 21550 +++. Around 24200 OTD.
  • iwantnewiwantnew Member Posts: 10
    Hi Bluetone,

LX 2009 AT for 18,569 sound great.

does this price include destination carge?

What is the dealership and where is located.
    I appreciate if you could provide details.

Happy carshoping....
  • momzmomz Member Posts: 1
    This pass Saturday I went to Southeastern Honda, Palm Bay, FL, took a test drive and feel in love! I sat down with the Salesmen and asked for a quote on a Honda Accord Coupe, Black, EX-L V6, with navigation and back up sensor. Salesmen said "if I give you the best price offer would I sign today"? Believing him I took an offer on a lease, 36 months, 15k mileage, $3500.00 down, with a monthly payment of $440.00. He said he would have the car on Monday. Spoke to him on Monday and was told he was waiting for another dealership to contact him. At that point I started checking on line (Edmunds.com) and found I could get the car much cheaper. I got a quote from another dealer for 36mon, 15k milage, $4,248.92 down, with a monthly payment of $373.92. My question is can I re-negotiate with Southeastern Honda and get that price, or will I loss my $2000.00 and go with the other dealer? As of today still haven't seen the car but I have made arrangements with the salemen to meet tomorrow to see what he can do for me...
    I have been working with Southeastern Honda for the last week on an EX-L i4 automatic sedan. Their best price OTD was around 24200. They would not give me an exact price but said they could beat my best offer of 24400 by a couple hundred.

Whatever you do, don't put that kind of money down on a lease. Do you have a trade in?? They have a sale this weekend giving 20% up to 4k over KBB fair market. I don't know if that is only if you are paying MSRP. You should be able to get this car around 1-2k below invoice this month.
    You should be able to get an OTD price of atleast 28k on what you are looking for. 72 months at 5.49 with no cash down will get you a payment of $457.

You will have equity in this car if you look to sell in 4 or 5 years. With the lease, you will have nothing to show at the end of 36 months. If you use the $3500 down on the same deal, you payment will be around $400. You don't have to worry about mileage.
    chrisliu,
    Any thoughts about buying this weekedn.
    I was looking for leather interior, The dealer quoted me 24,600 (approx) out of the door. I am also looking for extended warrantry, he gave me a quote of
    5 Year/80K -1500
    6 Year/100K -1900
    I am not sure whether the warrantry worth the money.

Any thouthts about the Price quote for EXL and the warrnatry
    I can join but I am looking for a EX-L with extended warrantry. I am not sure whether we can negotiate together. Could you please find the price from your dealer for the
    EX-L 5 Speed Automatic transmission out of the door price. The city i live in is Lincoln, CA, 95648 (for caluclating totals)
    Your OTD price is going to depend on your state tax and dealer fee. 24600 OTD is competitive. You may have a couple hundred $$ wiggle room.
    $329...where on Long Island?
  • 2008honda2008honda Member Posts: 17
    bmf795

I am also trying to get price quote from central Florida dealers for Sedan LX or LX-P AUTO but, all I got a quote from Holler Honda and they won't give me OTD, They must be hiding something.

I am also planning to travel Palm Bay this Saturday, may be we can team up.... and get best deal. Do you have your e-mail so that I can send my info to you?

I am looking to get LX Auto sedan around $19,600 but won' pay more than ridiculous asking price around $20,800 OTD. Honda recently announced special incentive per Edmund's web site and they already have 3-6 % Dealer Hold back.
    ;)
    $19,300 for LX-P model + tax and license fee which includes destination fee.

I really want to join with you. I will buy a car before this weekend in SF bay area.
    Please let me know when you are buy a car.

Thank you.
    I can check for you. You can check

http://libertymutual.zag.com/main.html as the base price.

-Krishna
    I am going to buy tomorrow. I am able to bring it down to 19.2K so far. But I am still negotiating. will let you know tomorrow.
  • bluetonebluetone Member Posts: 2
    I am shopping for Accord LX. The best price was $18300 including destination fees
    I am in southern California.
    OK!
    I want buy 2009 Honda Accord LX-P, automatic (silver color).
    Is that price (19.2K) include everything?

I am ready for buy a car right now.
    krishna4,
    I believe 19.2K Out of the Door. Is it AT or MT?

If you dont mind could you please give me the dealar name so that I can see whether I can talk with them to get to a good deal for me on 2009 EX-L , 5 Speed Automatic.?
  • pkim2pkim2 Member Posts: 15
    I want to buy a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 automatic w/Nav and the following accessories: body side molding, moonroof visor, interior illumination, remote engine starter system, and rear view camera. The lowest out-the-door price I've gotten is $30,340 in Columbus, Ohio. Is this a good price?
  • ibuyhondaonlyibuyhondaonly Member Posts: 13
    with nav is impossible,that's a $2000 option. the 2 best dealers in dallas are mcdavid and lute riley.they both huge volume stores,sometimes lute wins sometime md wins,sometimes tie. but lute riley has been there for 25 years,and mcdavid has only 4 years. so long term wise,such as service,lute riley got some top rankings, even in the states. since the mcdavid's building is much newer and nicer,so md's operation cost is somehow higher as well.
  • ultfamcarultfamcar Member Posts: 18
    krishna4,

Can you please email me the details on how to get in on this group buy? My friend is also looking for an 09 LX here in the Bay Area. Which dealership?

Thanks,
    Charles

email: Charles UNDERSCORE Lung AT yahoo DOT com
    The total price of the car is 21K including all taxes.The dealer is Sam Linder honda salinas, CA. Talk to the internet manager and refer my name.

-Krishna
  • pjc89pjc89 Member Posts: 3
    This is the best OTD price I've been able to negotiate in the greater Chicago area. Any thoughts on whether this is a good price. I live in Oak Park, so that includes the incredibly high sales tax rate there.
  • easchmideaschmid Member Posts: 1
    pjc89,

If this price is for a 2009 Accord Sedan EX-L (automatic, 4 cylinder, no nav) then it sounds very similar to a price I have been quoted, actually better than mine considering you are probably stuck with 10% sales tax. My tax is 7%, but my most recent offer was $23,733 OTD. I have 1-2 more dealers to check with, so we'll see...
  • pjc89pjc89 Member Posts: 3
    easchmid,

Correct - EX-L (auto, 4cyl, non nav). I've gone back to a couple other dealers with this quote (supposedly claiming that they'll beat any price by $100) and they are taking a pass. So, I think we're getting close to their walk-away point.

Thanks,
    Has anyone found out if this incentive is over at the end of this month. Edmunds was showing that it goes until 5-4 like the financing special. I did run over something this morning showing 3-31. I have one payment left on my lease and would like to get it included in with my best price. Not sure if it's possible as my best price was 24300 on an EXL 4d i4. :confuse:
  • afmx1afmx1 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking to buy in the south bay this weekend. Which dealer has the best OTD price in the SF bay area? Thanks.
  • chrisliuchrisliu Member Posts: 8
    Larry Hopkins Honda in sunnyvale, EX auto OTD price will be around 23238 (based on 8.25% sale tax). Internet quote.

EX-L model will be around 24900 OTD. Should be down to ~24600 after negotiation.

Sale tax will depend on where you register your new car not on the dealer's location.

navbha, do you have any idea if we all team up to buy EX model on this weekend. How much lower we can get from Sam Linder Honda ?

We will prefer to say on Larry Hopkins Honda if Sam Linder Honda can't provide more discount since I need to drive one and half hours to be there.
  • ronf1ronf1 Member Posts: 3
    Bought an Accord Sedan EX-L w/auto trans today. Walnut Creek Honda (CA). $23,998 + tax and lic. Got $500 on trade in (92 Volvo w/200K miles that was on it's last leg). Not a great deal, but I feel it was fair to all. FYI, Anderson Honda quoted same price but w/$1,000 for trade in. Decided to buy locally in Walnut Creek since they had my 1st choice color in stock.
  • afmx1afmx1 Member Posts: 5
    I'm starting to get the quotes in. Looks like Larry Hopkins got the best deal. For EX 4dr Auto, I was quoted $21,1000 +TTL.
  • ronf1ronf1 Member Posts: 3
    Opps. I have a correction, got the price wrong in my original post. I intended to say I bought my Accord Sedan EX-L w/auto trans today at Walnut Creek Honda (CA) for $23,398 + tax and lic
    I am from sacramento and have been working with few bay area dealers fro the past 2 weeks. Finally I was able to get them agree for $25200 with just for the are with no accessories.

But one of the local dealers in sacramento offered the following package with $25K out of the door. Is it a good deal?

Honda Accord 2009 EX-L Basque Red Pearl color with Electronic 5-Speed Automatic, 4 door Sedan
    with following accessories

Wheel Locks for Alloy Wheels
    Rear Bumper Protector
    Splash Guard
    Trunk Tray
    Wood Steering Wheel Trim
    Non-Navigation Wood Steering Wheel Trim
    All Season Floor mats
  • inet123inet123 Member Posts: 11
    I am just about going to the dealers to find out in NJ for a 2009 - EX-L - V6 - No Navi.

I'd appreciate if anyone can share the prices paid or the best quote around and which dealership.

I am also considering EX-L-auto-i4 as well.

Thanks!
    DCH Kay Honda has given me the best price on an EX-L $21550 plus destination +++.
  • jayc5627jayc5627 Member Posts: 9
    hey inet123,
    i am in the process of purchasing the ex-l v6 ( navi ) if you want, maybe we can combine our purchase for better deal. feel free to email me [email protected] thanks
  • ajg71283ajg71283 Member Posts: 11
    I bought my 09 Accord EX-L with Navi 4 cyl from Planet Honda. Cost me 27,500 OTD.
    i got quoted 26000 with dest. so far
  • inet123inet123 Member Posts: 11
    $25,412.71 + Tax + Lic... but includes destination, is the quote I have for EX-L V6 - No Navi.

I do not think it is the best quote.

I am yet to get a quote on EX-L i4...
    kay honda quoted 25049 + tax+fee
  • chrisliuchrisliu Member Posts: 8
    If you decide to go Larry Hopkins in sunnyvale, we may team together to negotiate a better price. I also will take accord 2.9% APR finance.

I think the OTD price will be around 22500~23000 for EX and ~24500 for EX-L. Is anyone interesting to join ?