Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• navbhanavbha Member Posts: 19
    Are you sure that the EX-L with the following accessories will be 24,500? If so I will join you Chrislu

Wheel Locks for Alloy Wheels
    Rear Bumper Protector
    Splash Guard
    Trunk Tray
    Wood Steering Wheel Trim
    Non-Navigation Wood Steering Wheel Trim
    All Season Floor mats
  • chrisliuchrisliu Member Posts: 8
    The quote I got 2 days ago from their fleet manager is around 24900 (OTD, WITHOUT accessories) based on fremont sale tax 8.75%. He hint me the price could be lower if I decide to buy the in-stock accord.

If sale tax is 7.75%, you could get around 24700. By some negotiation, 24500 is a possible number for you for EX-L model.

Manager's name is Thomas P.Ho. You can call him for more detail.
  • accordhunteraccordhunter Member Posts: 24
    We have 7% tax here, so far I have got OTD quote $20,232.
  • 94camrylover94camrylover Member Posts: 3
    I live in Alabama. My best quote on a new 2009 Accord sedan LX-P is $20,523.51 OTD. This breaks down to $19762.01 + $99.50 Doc + $16.50 Title with 3.25% tax.

Has anyone in Alabama/Georgia/Tennessee received a lower OTD price for an LX-P?
  • xinxinrenxinxinren Member Posts: 9
    Hi, is this OTD price? What's the name of the dealer and where it is? please kindly share the information, and we may buy together to get a cheaper price. Thanks,

Please e-mail me to [email protected]
    Hello, sounds like you got a deal. Can you please share the dealer information with me? I am buying in 2 weeks. please send e-mail to [email protected]

Thanks,
    sound the price is low. Can you please share the dealer information with me? If you haven't bought the car, maybe we can buy together to break down the price more. please e-mail me to [email protected]. Thanks,
  • socal123socal123 Member Posts: 3
    Accord EX automatic sedan in Los Angeles

I got a quote for a 2009 Accord EX, automatic sedan with no options for $20,588 not including TTL. I forwarded it to several other dealers and they can't touch it. Is this a good price?

Thanks,
    I bought a car with a local dealer at 25,100 with following accessories with a local sacramento dealer. If anyone intrested let me know I will send the dealer contnats

All weather floor mats
    Bumper allique
    Wheel locks
    Wood trim
    Splash guard
    Trunk Tray
    Body side molding

The dealer honered the deal and there were "no surprise". Thanks for your help thought.

Navya
  • ficofico Member Posts: 1
    I just saw a TV ad from a local dealership (Richfield Bloomington Honda - MN) selling new Accord LX's for $12,990. They showed the same ad about a month ago, so the promotion isn't new. I'm not in the market for a new car, but it is intriguing. There must be a catch of some kind--like one of those 'too good to be true' types. The price seems highly suspicious even for a Civic.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Something along the lines of: "Customer cash = $6000"

I'd bet...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• scabiosascabiosa Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote for a 2009 Accord LX, 4doors automatic sedan for $19,800.
    (All price included)
    Is this a good price?
  • tellnoliestellnolies Member Posts: 2
    I bought this car yesterday and paid $24,219 plus TTL
    MSRP: $29,375

09 Accord EXL AT Sedan w/out Nav Silver / Black
    No protection package or other accessories

In addition to the above price Doc fee was 55. All other was TTL (not included in the above).
  • inet123inet123 Member Posts: 11
    Which dealership if you don't mind me asking and if you can provide full breakup of the amounts. It is 4 cylinders, correct?
    can you please share the dealer's information with me? please e-mail me at [email protected]. thanks,
    would you please let me know the dealer whom you bought it from? Thanks!
  • tellnoliestellnolies Member Posts: 2
    It was a V6 - cost for the V4 was about 2,000 less.
    I bought from Woodland Hills Honda, CA but only because they were close. If I had to do it over I could have gotten the same price and I think better service from Spreen Honda in CA
  • irie101irie101 Member Posts: 3
    I am also looking for an 09 Accord EXL 4 Cyl Auto to purchase by the end of the month in the Chicago area. I am interested in what dealer you ended up using and what was the breakdown costs. $23,910 OTD is better than what I have been offered. [email protected]
  • lanclanc Member Posts: 10
    have been contacting all local dealers for a couple of weeks and no one touched it, although it was close. (about $300 -$400 apart) Finally I got a superb deal from another car. Pull the trigger. So if anyone can get a deal of $22470+TTL, it might be the true bottom.
    Benefited from this forum, thought it might be helpful to share my experience.
    Thanks and good luck.
  • TeslafiedTeslafied Member Posts: 4
    I'd say that's not too bad really, considering we have 7.75% tax. I ended up getting my 2009 Accord EX 4-dr last Sunday...Rock Honda in Fontana just wanted $100 more than what I had offered Moss Bros in Moreno Valley which they had declined (after I went up halfway and they didn't come down at all). So I made the 30 minute drive there and kept my offer to finance part of it at 2.9%.

So I got OTD $22,955 for 2009 Accord EX sedan, Taffetta White. Wanted splash guards but not on it when I got there...didn't feel like breaking the deal just for that and am getting them off of ebay anyways with a friend helping me install. Got floor mats and wheel locks thrown in...
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it would not help as I am in New Jersey. Any Jersey folks like to share whats the best OTD with the breakdown then got for EX-L V6 No Navi or EX-L 4 Cylinders No Navi?

Thanks!
  • accordhunteraccordhunter Member Posts: 24
    I saw your message after I had purchased my car today, it's Rt.23 Honda in Pompton Plains. I'm a Costco member, but they said all the internet price programs are the same. Good Luck.
  • adlbrayadlbray Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my new 2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 from Ed-Martin Honda for $24,520 + 99 doc fee. I went through the internet dealer Jerry Holman to purchase the vehicle. The buying experience was great since I had done all of my negotiations over the internet and knew exactly what I was going to pay before I walked in. I was suprised the dealer was able to go this low on the vehicle as the invoice price alone on this car was 26,420. Even with a number of dealer invcentives and holdback I think I made out pretty well considering I bought the belize blue, which is has been difficult to find.
  • afmx1afmx1 Member Posts: 5
    I bought a silver 4 dr EX AT yesterday at Larry Hopkins Honda. $21,100 (includes destination) +TTL from internet price. Got the all weather mats with the deal. That was the best I was able to get in the SF bay area. Thanks to all the people who posted for keeping me informed.
  • ckcwongckcwong Member Posts: 2
    Can you post the OTD price? Thanks.
    I bought EX-L with following accesories for 25,099 from a sacramento delaer.

All weather foor mats
    Trunk tray
    Bumper Applique
    Body Side moulding
    Whell locks
    Splash guard.

I believe chrislu also got a very good deal. If you go with him probably you might get a good deal from the SF dealer.
    Thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me the final OTD price you got. Thank you very much!

Louie
  • kris46kris46 Member Posts: 1
    What's the lowest out the door price you guys have seen for an automatic 2009 Honda Accord coupe ex 4 cyls, polish metallic gray, i got an offer of roughly 23,800 OTD, thanks in advance. :)
  • ellie2009ellie2009 Member Posts: 1
    Got an EX-L V6 sedan in NC for around $24,700 before taxes and tags. Hope that helps.
  • bmf795bmf795 Member Posts: 9
    My local dealer has some used Accords that came from a PGA golf event. These cars have to be sold as used although some of them have less than 100 miles. How should this effect the sales price? How much should I be able to get one for? These are 09 sedans, exl and exl v-6's.
  • irie101irie101 Member Posts: 3
    I wanted to thank all of you for the pricing info you provide. It definitely helps when you need to walk away for the better deal. Here is my purchase and the breakdown.
    New 09 Accord EX-L 4cyl Auto Sedan
    20974.20 Base and destination (includes $1000 kickback)
    151.65 Doc.
    1620.50 taxes
    168.00 Plates & Title
    $22914.35 Out The Door.

I got this deal by contacting the Chicagoland dealers via Internet a let them know I was serious and would by the car in the next 2 days. I think that helped me and I hope this helps out the next buyer :) .
  • jratcliffejratcliffe Member Posts: 233
    Wow, that's really an incredible deal. $20974 including destination for an 09 EXL? That's about $2700 under invoice even after taking into account the $1k cash back. That's really spectacular, well done!
  • bmf795bmf795 Member Posts: 9
    Can you please share the Dealer's name with us? Thanks and congrats on your great deal.
  • stulujustuluju Member Posts: 8
    While I haven't made any deal yet I have gone to a few dealerships in central new Jersey. The best price I have gotten so far is 4 cylinder is $22,350 and that includes the Destination fee. THe problem has been the don't have the exterior and interior combination that I want want and have asked me to choose one from their lot where it may even be cheaper. But I was holding out to see if they can get the combination I requested. Hope it helps.
  • jratcliffejratcliffe Member Posts: 233
    I wonder if the "+Fee" is the destination, in which case it's a good, but not great deal. If that includes destination, it is an excellent deal.
  • hvtec2002hvtec2002 Member Posts: 19
    My friend just bought the 09 EX-L 4 OTD price was $23500. MD tax is 6%.
  • 2008honda2008honda Member Posts: 17
    accordhunter & xinxixnren

I just got 2009 accord sedan AUTO LX for $19,874 (OTD) in FL. with 6% tax and $100 for tag. Got with 3.9% APR from Honda and got it with VIN = JH (Japan). If you need more info, I can send you e-mail.

I did my homework for long time, and got two quotes, but every dealer wanted me to visit their show room and talk. I had seen price around $20,500 for LX sedan auto here on Edmunds. I asked straight away that I want ODT less than $20k., after few haggle came down to $19,900.

If you are in the market for new car, just wait till the end of this month. I say try going on May, 2nd or if you can wait until Labor Day, you will get bigger sale. For my case I got to have it now, because my old '94 Accord was dying and barely made it. It was on life support.... ha ha, I still got around $550 for trade in, with final ODT $ 19,328.

:shades:
    accordhunter & xinxixnren

I just got 2009 accord sedan AUTO LX for $19,874 (OTD) in FL. with 6% tax and $100 for tag. Got with 3.9% APR from Honda and got it with VIN = JH (Japan). If you need more info, I can send you e-mail.

I did my homework for long time, and got two quotes, but every dealer wanted me to visit their show room and talk. I had seen price around $20,500 for LX sedan auto here on Edmunds. I asked straight away that I want ODT less than $20k., after few haggle came down to $19,900. Friends, is this a good deal?

If you are in the market for new car, just wait till the end of this month. I say try going on May, 2nd or if you can wait until Labor Day, you will get bigger sale. For my case I got to have it now, because my old '94 Accord was dying and barely made it. It was on life support.... ha ha, I still got around $550 for trade in, with final ODT $ 19,328.

:D
  • jbruin24jbruin24 Member Posts: 2
    wow 2008honda, $19,900 sounds like a great deal compared to the quotes I've received here in socal. The best offer I've received is an internet quote of 18575.59 (including destination fee) before CA tax (9.25%) and license. Are there any other fees that might come up other than tax and license?

I'm in no hurry to purchase. When do you guys think would be the best time to buy (new 2010s coming out maybe?). Do you think I can get a price of $20000 OTD here in socal?

2008honda, why do you suggest may 2nd? Isn't it better to buy at the end of the month vs at the beginning of the month? Thanks
  • jbm160jbm160 Member Posts: 19
    Just wanted to post my recent experience in the Nashville area. I sent requests to all dealers within a 250 mile radius that had this car in stock in the color I wanted. Best deal, which also happened to be the closest dealer with my color in stock, was:
    $26,030 - base price (no accessories)
    $ 670 - destination
    $ 1,895 - state tax
    $ 290 - dealer fee
    $ 81 - business tax
    $ 84 - local tax
    $ 40 - tags
    $29,090 - out the door

I bought from Jenkins and Wynne in Clarksville and the experience was very pleasant. There was the usual offering of protection packages but no particularly hard sell. We also used 2.9% to finance some of the purchase without any probs. Hope this helps anybody looking for this car.

jbm160
  • ocbuyer1ocbuyer1 Member Posts: 12
    Can you please post out the door price, I am also in market for one, but I live in OC and would't mind the drive to the valley to get a deal.
    Jbruin24;

On March, 18, Honda USA started $1400 to Dealer + 3% hold back. With $500 profit for dealer, the sale price should be around $18,200 (including Destination and Dealer charges) See below table that I got it on March 19 from my local dealer with 6% tax and $100 tag fees. See OTD price for LX Sedan AUTO is around $19.9k. Interesting thing that LX-P sedan AUTO is just only $900 more….

I have not looked any other model so this list would be your base line to compare.

End of April will be another go around and, you may find better deal.

I think this is the best time to get foreign cars, once BIG 3 AUTO in USA is gone…and if white house taking care of GM and Ford car’s warranty, you will be at the mercy of the Japanese auto maker, and they will have their monopoly in USA… Any thought?

2009 Accord Sedan MSRP Invoice Your Price!! Your "Out the Door" Price!!!
    LX 5speed $21,575 $19,735 17735 $19,443.13
    LX automatic $22,375 $20,458 18458 $20,209.51
    LX-P Premium 5speed $22,525 $20,689 18689 $20,454.37
    LX-P Premium automatic $23,325 $21,362 19362 $21,167.75
    EX Cloth 5speed $24,275 $22,175 20175 $22,029.53
    EX Cloth automatic $25,075 $22,898 20898 $22,795.91
    EXL Leather 5speed $26,225 $23,983 21983 $23,946.01
    EXL Leather automatic $27,075 $24,705 22705 $24,711.33
    EXL Leather w/Nav 5speed $28,475 $25,971 23971 $26,045.29
    EXL Leather w/Nav automatic $29,275 $26,693 24693 $26,818.61
    EXV6 Cloth automatic $27,275 $24,886 22886 $24,903.19
    EXL Leather V6 automatic $29,375 $26,784 24784 $26,915.07
    EXL Leather V6 automatic w/Nav $31,575 $28,772 26772 $29,022.35

ps. Take this table to Excel and check out.

:D
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Not to butt in but if I'm not mistaken the holdback on Honda's is now 2%.
  • matx08matx08 Member Posts: 14
    I am looking to purchase a 2009 EX-L Accord. One of the local dealership (Dallas - TX) gave me a quote of $22.4k (includes destination but not tax/ttl). Includes some optionals (splash guards, lock wheels, moonroof visor, etc). I wonder if that is the best current price. Has anyone seen a better price? I appreciate the feedback as I am planning to buy soon.
  • matx08matx08 Member Posts: 14
    That is a great price. Does this price include any optional accessories?
  • dan2008dan2008 Member Posts: 9
    A week ago, I purchased a brand new 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 for $2,721 under invoice. The dealer also gave me the wheel locks, all season floor mats and mud flaps at invoice. That is $26,014-$2,721+$670=$23,963 plus the accessories at cost. The $670 is the destination cost.

The deals are there - just push!! They need to clear their lots!!
  • stulujustuluju Member Posts: 8
    What dealership in Maryland did he buy this from?
  • mjhholdem1mjhholdem1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for an 09 Accord EX-L V6 in Oklahoma City and was wondering if anyone has found a good price anywhere. Would consider driving as far as Dallas for a really great deal. Thanks in advance for any help!
  • good_deal4ugood_deal4u Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a 2009 Accord Coupe EX-L with Navi on 3/31/09.
    Invoice price on carseek.com is 26,014 + the 670 destination fee - 861 dealer holdback= $26,428.
    I got mine for 23,870 + documentation fees 177 + after market starter 499 + pro pack (mud flaps, wheel locks, and trunk tray) 595 + chicagoland taxes (7.9%) 2,045 = $27,205
    Carbuyingtips.com is a really good site...they have this spreadsheet where you can punch in the numbers for any car and get a good idea of where the numbers come from and what the bottom line is.
    Good luck and happy car buying.
  • hondadallashondadallas Member Posts: 1
    Dear Matx08, Great deal. I'm also looking to purchase a 2009 EX-L Accord in Dallas. Do you mind sharing the dealership name? Thanks.